Star wars saga is comming to blu Ray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B000PMG16U

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Episodes-IV/dp/B000PMLFRA

Happy Dance

sweersa
I remember seeing this. Amazon likes to put things on their site even before it gets any official announcement.

JediRobin23
Dam it. Why not a six disc set??????

queeq
It's not definite, there's no cover art or anything.

JediRobin23
I just got the feeling of having to buy two box sets

queeq
Maybe you will. Are we to consider that good news for the PT haters? wink

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq

lol

Amazon is notorious for posting things that are not confirmed. Obviously SW has to come out on Blu-ray but amazon will not be the first place to see it.

vintageSW77

Sure is.
The PT will be nice to look at in Blu Ray
Much like an attractive woman with no personality,charm or anything else going on under the surface.

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Sure is.
The PT will be nice to look at in Blu Ray
Much like an attractive woman with no personality,charm or anything else going on under the surface.

Some people like the Prequels. I do.

I love all SW movies.

JediRobin23

I'm pretty sure all the PT haters will still buy the PT set regardless.

coolmovies
We sold more PT sets (that came out this year ) then the OT

vintageSW77

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
We sold more PT sets (that came out this year ) then the OT

Cool, where do you work?

I bet they are selling more becuase the PT generation is growing up and slowly replacing the OT generation.

Hehehe.

Star Wars is Star Wars, I love all of the movies. I don't count the Clone Wars Pilot, I mean film as a SW movie.

coolmovies
I work for Tesco smile anyway i was annoyed that they made the two sets becouse only a few monthes ago i brought ESB LE

sweersa
I work for Tesco smile anyway i was annoyed that they made the two sets becouse only a few monthes ago i brought ESB LE

Hehe. Is Tesco an electronics store? I don't see any in Michigan.

coolmovies
we sell dvds too

sweersa
we sell dvds too

Very cool. I'll have to check it out wherever I see one.

queeq
Tesco's is a major supermarket chain in the UK, a bit like WallMart... wink

sweersa
Tesco's is a major supermarket chain in the UK, a bit like WallMart... wink

Hehe, explains why I don't see any here. lol

Sounds like a cool place. I hope they attract decent customer unlike Wal*Fart.

queeq
I think they do.

sweersa
I think they do.

Phew.

queeq
I mean, Wallmart customers live in the USA. I doubt they'd got to the UK to shop. wink

roughrider
Originally posted by sweersa
Some people like the Prequels. I do.

I love all SW movies.

Same here.

sweersa
Originally posted by roughrider
Same here.

Yay big grin

I mean, Wallmart customers live in the USA. I doubt they'd got to the UK to shop. wink

Hehe, I doubt they could even afford to think about it.

queeq
Good point.

sweersa
Good point.

lol I was at Wal*Mart and asked a number of employees if I could have the Star Wars display they had to show off the Clone Wars toys. (Sometimes at some stores they give them out after they use them if you are lucky)

Employee #1 told me they do often accept phone numbers to come pick up the displays when they are done with them, then he told me to talk to the guy in the toy department.

Employee #2 (toy department) told me they auction off the displays. Then he told me to talk to the girl at the desk.

Employee #3 (desk girl) told me it is illegal to give out the licensed displays and they have to destroy them.

I = confused.

queeq
Indeed. Here's a tip: find the least intelligent employee and find out who the boss is, then tell the dumb one the boss said it was okay to give you the display.

sweersa
Indeed. Here's a tip: find the least intelligent employee and find out who the boss is, then tell the dumb one the boss said it was okay to give you the display.

Hmm, good idea! I really don't want to lie to anyone but it is a Star Wars display so I guess it would be worth saving it by any non-violent means. They sometimes have such great art it is a shame to waste them. And they look great on display in a collection.

queeq
Go for it.

sweersa
Go for it.

Of course there is always the other route... *cocks gun*

"Gunna get me some advertising displays."

queeq
Yeah, that's a lot better than lying.

sweersa
Yeah, that's a lot better than lying.

Of course. Only disadvantage is it is a tad more expensive but much faster.

queeq
And more mess to mop up.

Ordo
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Dam it. Why not a six disc set??????

So you buy the two 3 disc sets next year and the 6 disc set the year after, then the 12 disc special edition the year after, then the 24 disc Legacy Edition in 2012.

coolmovies
and in 20 years time you buy it again in blu ray . And people they have to upgrade there whole dvd collection to blu ray . Think about the sw fans !!

sweersa
and in 20 years time you buy it again in blu ray . And people they have to upgrade there whole dvd collection to blu ray . Think about the sw fans !!

20 years? I expect Blu-ray to become the norm in 5 years tops for all movies.

Ordo
5 years? try 2. Then it'll be obsolete in 10 lol.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ordo
5 years? try 2. Then it'll be obsolete in 10 lol.

I said 5 tops. I expect it to happen much sooner.

coolmovies
well lucus waited 6 years to put sw on dvd becouse he wanted to make sure everyone had a dvd player

Ordo
Yeah. Totally. Just like every other movie waited to make sure they had the largest potential market possible.

coolmovies
Abit off topic

what do you guys think of blu ray ? I think its fantastic the pic quilty is mind blowing . I only have 50 dvds so am gonna upgrade all my collection.

what about you guys ?

queeq
I like it. I only have a 32 inch Full HD screen and I must say regular DVD's hold up quite well. So I've decided to buy Blu Rays of films I don't own yet, with a few exceptions (Blade Runner, Stanley Kubricj films, SW, Godfather prolly).

sweersa
I like it. I only have a 32 inch Full HD screen and I must say regular DVD's hold up quite well. So I've decided to buy Blu Rays of films I don't own yet, with a few exceptions (Blade Runner, Stanley Kubricj films, SW, Godfather prolly).

I have not seen Blade Runner yet. How good is it?

coolmovies
does blu ray blow you away or is it just me ?

sweersa
does blu ray blow you away or is it just me ?

I wouldn't say it blows me away but it looks a lot better than DVDs.

It looks amazing.

queeq
I have not seen Blade Runner yet. How good is it?

Not seen at all or just teh Blu Ray?

Well, as for the Blu Ray... it's looks uber crisp.

The only odd thing is that you actually get to distinguish the different film stocks... grain sometime varies in different set ups. It's so darn crisp you get to see stuff you're not supposed to see. But the nice side is: you're able to read the itty pitty texts in the background. You can evens tand up close to the screen to read them. Bizarre...

sweersa
Not seen at all or just teh Blu Ray?

Well, as for the Blu Ray... it's looks uber crisp.

The only odd thing is that you actually get to distinguish the different film stocks... grain sometime varies in different set ups. It's so darn crisp you get to see stuff you're not supposed to see. But the nice side is: you're able to read the itty pitty texts in the background. You can evens tand up close to the screen to read them. Bizarre...

I have never really seen it at all, the blu-ray sounds amazing. I hope GL puts out a nice HD copy of SW.

coolmovies
They say its six times sharper then dvd. Anyway i was thinking of buying die hard on blu

sweersa
They say its six times sharper then dvd. Anyway i was thinking of buying die hard on blu

The new one? I love that movie! All of them. My favorite has to be the first one though, then the newest one.

queeq
I have never really seen it at all, the blu-ray sounds amazing. I hope GL puts out a nice HD copy of SW.

Some people get a tad disappointed. It's not a fast film. It's really a cult film, with the most amazing looks. When you see it and the look feels familiar because you saw it kinda before: this is the movie where they got it from.

coolmovies
Yes the first two die hard films are the best

sweersa
I like the 1988 First one, then the new one, then the 3rd one in NY, and last the 2nd one.

The new one was different becuase he was fighting a totally different kind of enemy.

coolmovies
2 is under rated i love the movie

sweersa
2 is under rated i love the movie

I guess, I liked all of them but I think that one is my least fav.

coolmovies
Back to the topic before queeq tells me off. Am expecting the 6 disk sw box set to come out this year becouse the PT is 10 years old

sweersa
Back to the topic before queeq tells me off. Am expecting the 6 disk sw box set to come out this year becouse the PT is 10 years old

Well TPM is 10, the rest are younger. Still...they seem to be creeping into cinematic history fast. When the fans of that generation grow up I believe the PT will have a better reputation than the old fans are giving it today.

queeq
At best, only among SW geeks. The OT is loved well beyond the boundaries of SW geekdom.

sweersa
At best, only among SW geeks. The OT is loved well beyond the boundaries of SW geekdom.

We Star Wars nerds and geeks are not to be underestimated.

The PT didn't sell well just becuase of the SW name, if that was true The Clone Wars would have done better, the PT is amazing just like the OT.

Except the OT isn't as exciting in some parts for today's youth.

queeq
The PT won't last.

sweersa
The PT won't last.

Only time will tell.

queeq
Indeed.

sweersa
Of course.

(when all of the PT haters are dead)

Hahaha

queeq
laughing out loud

coolmovies
we will have to wait another 5 years for the OT

queeq
Prolly.

coolmovies
i remember when it first came out on dvd back in 2004 it sold like hot cakes

sweersa
i remember when it first came out on dvd back in 2004 it sold like hot cakes

It sure did, I got my hands on a lot of promotional items for that campaign.

coolmovies
like what ??

sweersa
like what ??

A card board poster advertising pre-orders, a large display to hold the DVDs, and finally a cardboard slip over meant to be near the entrance of a retail store.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6443/dsc00014zm9.th.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8202/dsc00006rp7.th.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7793/dsc00013sm9.th.jpg

coolmovies
i remember that stand when it first came out on dvd . where did u take it from? lolz

sweersa
i remember that stand when it first came out on dvd . where did u take it from? lolz

The two bottom ones were from Wal Mart, and the top at Toys R' Us. I acquired them semi-legitimately.

queeq
That sounds ominous. How many people did ya kill for it, semi-legitimately?

sweersa
That sounds ominous. How many people did ya kill for it, semi-legitimately?

Hehehe. None that I am aware of. Stun darts are usually non-lethal.

But seriously, I was supposed to get a tiny poster at Toys R' Us, and they gave me just the topper on the display, I was complaining, and as I exited the store I saw the shelf half and asked about it. They gave that to me also! Even unloaded the DVDs on it to give it over! Jedi mind trick?

My mom actually got the two other stormtrooper and vader displays and gave them to me. :-) Let's just say the elder man at walmart that gave them to her almost lost his job for the favor.

queeq
Your mom must have major charms...

sweersa
Your mom must have major charms...

Hehehe.

I mean I wasn't* complaining in my last post.

coolmovies
They look cool

sweersa
They look cool

Thanks smile

queeq
They do.

sweersa
They do.

Yay! I bet they have some neat ones in Europe.

queeq
Hard to get though. I have the AT AT display from Force Commander.

sweersa
Hard to get though. I have the AT AT display from Force Commander.

Very cool! Never hurts to ask the store managers. Give em' a little charm. Hehe.

queeq
If they're women, yes.

sweersa
If they're women, yes.

Hehehe. Never turn to the brown side!

queeq
That leads to... er... I don't even wanna know.

sweersa
That leads to... er... I don't even wanna know.

...sometimes a trip to the emergency room.

That is no cave.

queeq
laughing out loud

'In you must go.'

sweersa
laughing out loud

'In you must go.'

Hahaha, "your weapons, you will not need them."

I think Yoda meant to say his belt. lol

queeq
laughing out loud

LordPrydon
well, when star wars does come to blue ray i won't be buying it. I think there have already been too many re-releases as it is and enjoy the home version I already got thank you very much lol.

sweersa
Originally posted by LordPrydon
well, when star wars does come to blue ray i won't be buying it. I think there have already been too many re-releases as it is and enjoy the home version I already got thank you very much lol.

But Blu ray is high definition.

laughing out loud

Hahahaha

LordPrydon
I am not going to go out and buy the same thing over and over because the latest version boasts superior remastering. Not going to happen. Im trying to save money.

sweersa
I am not going to go out and buy the same thing over and over because the latest version boasts superior remastering. Not going to happen. Im trying to save money.

Well for now that is cool. But eventually you had to get rid of the VHS.

LordPrydon
I like VHS and have the ability to play both it and DVD. Why go broke for a blue ray disc player?

sweersa
I like VHS and have the ability to play both it and DVD. Why go broke for a blue ray disc player?

Same here. Well they are getting cheaper all of the time. I will get one eventually.

queeq
I'll buy the BluRay. I like the Godfatherin HiDef very much and the same with Blade Runner.

sweersa
I'll buy the BluRay. I like the Godfatherin HiDef very much and the same with Blade Runner.

I honestly wish FOX had rights over the films themselves, becuase now we will be getting...I really have no clue what to expect from Lucasfilm.

LordPrydon
You think it can get any worse with the blue ray versions of the Star Wars films? Like more changes and stuff?

queeq
That has me worried.

sweersa
You think it can get any worse with the blue ray versions of the Star Wars films? Like more changes and stuff?

I don't mind changes as much as they screwed over the color and such, so basically yes.

queeq
Indeed. The SE of the SE needs an SE to fix mistakes they made when the made the SE.

sweersa
Indeed. The SE of the SE needs an SE to fix mistakes they made when the made the SE. laughing out loud

Very much agreed. Could they also take out the color correction?

queeq
I hope they do. I'm sure the DVD with Vader's pink lightsabre did well among the gay leather fetisjists, but I prefer the old red one.

sweersa
I hope they do. I'm sure the DVD with Vader's pink lightsabre did well among the gay leather fetisjists, but I prefer the old red one.

lol Don't forget about Luke's green lightsaber on the Falcon...that was bad.

coolmovies
I cant wait any longer we need a bumper box set now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweersa
I cant wait any longer we need a bumper box set now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that?

coolmovies
for the SW SAGA

sweersa
for the SW SAGA

Whats the bumper?

queeq
lol Don't forget about Luke's green lightsaber on the Falcon...that was bad.

True. But that was only one scene. I saw that pink sabre popping up all over the place.

sweersa
True. But that was only one scene.

Yeah. I guess I never noticed the pink very much.

I saw that pink sabre popping up all over the place.

Are you sure it was a Star Wars movie you were watching?

queeq
ROTJ... check it out.

sweersa
ROTJ... check it out.

Sorry, I thought you said Darth Invader, that was from another episode in the Pink Lightsaber series...

Hahaha.

So is it pink in ANH and ESB as well?

queeq
No. That's the werid thing about it. Well, maybe in ANH as well, but I can't remember very well.

And even in ROTJ, it's not in every shot, in some it looks normal.

sweersa
No. That's the werid thing about it. Well, maybe in ANH as well, but I can't remember very well.

And even in ROTJ, it's not in every shot, in some it looks normal.

Hmm, it is almost like they color "corrected" only some of the movie then? Odd. Maybe the original glow that they should have re-done in the first place had variations...I mean they actually painted or airbrushed them I believe in some way shape or form.

queeq
Yes, they were always painted on. I think they redid them for the DVD SE...

sweersa
Yes, they were always painted on. I think they redid them for the DVD SE...

Oh, well they left it green lol

queeq
I know...

sweersa
I know...

They forgot to give me a call on that one.

queeq
They should have given themselves a call.

sweersa
They should have given themselves a call.

Good idea! I do that when I get lonely sometimes.

queeq
Poor guy.

sweersa
Poor guy.

Hehe.

queeq
Not quite a laughing matter. wink

sweersa
Not quite a laughing matter. wink

lol It helps.

coolmovies
any word on the saga box set ? or a star wars quidrilogy?? lolz

sweersa
any word on the saga box set ? or a star wars quidrilogy?? lolz

There are nine I mean six SW films.

coolmovies
a sixolagy then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.