Who's stronger: Captain America or Wolverine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rhinoceros
I was recently reading Origins because I wanted to catch up on Wolverine's latest adventures. I saw his fight with Captain America and there's a moment in the fight where Cap, from the looks of it, overpowers Wolverine and tries to jam his own claws into his throat. Now Wolverine counters this by retracting his claws, but why didn't he just push Cap away? Cap was able to destroy the tendons in his arms so it wasn't really a wise move from Wolverine.

Now this isn't a debate concerning who would in a fight, but instead I'm wondering which one of them is stronger or how their strength compare to each other.

Here's the moment I'm talking about.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Jyppe/WolverineCap1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/Jyppe/WolverineCap2.jpg

Battlehammer
Capt has leverage, and Logan was in a weaken state, having not slept much or eaten much in a month and had on top of that just been in a fight.

However there strength is pritty equal, if either had the strength advantage it bee Wolverine who actaully been stated in comic as enhanced or superhuman in strength.

Philosophía
It's easier when you are on top. (Lulz at the sound of that)

If the difference in strength between them would have been significant, Wolverine would have been able to throw him back, so all you can gather from this instance is that they are somewhat relativly close in strength.

Battlehammer
also Logan did not expect capt to destroy the tendons in his arm.

Battlehammer
capt= wolverine in strength pritty much in normal state.

Wolverine while berserker however is stronger then capt.

So Logan potentially stronger, but only while in an alter state. In a normal state there pritty much equals.

Sin I AM
good question I actually think capt is slightly stronger but not enough to make a difference

Apolloknight
About equal.

But I think logan could brace more weight thanks to a unbreakable skeleton and healing factor.

Rhinoceros

Warrior18
I'm going to break the mold here and say Logan is stronger. I personally think Cap is a 1 tonner and Logan starts out at least above 1 ton most likely 2. These are of course my simple opinions so I hope whomever disagrees with me does so without biting my head off too much! big grin

Apolloknight
*Bits only part of your head off*

Warrior18
Originally posted by Apolloknight
*Bits only part of your head off*

It stings a bit.

Eternal Idol
I used to figure they were about equal, but it makes sense to me for Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America-- due to the constant regeneration of damaged muscle tissue, producing little to none of fatigue toxins in the muscle, and the skeletal support to endure more weight.

That scan looks to be more of a surprise and leverage than a pure strength difference.

Warrior18
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I used to figure they were about equal, but it makes sense to me for Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America-- due to the constant regeneration of damaged muscle tissue, producing little to none of fatigue toxins in the muscle, and the skeletal support to endure more weight.

That scan looks to be more of a surprise and leverage than a pure strength difference.

thumb up

Juk3n
By the scans alone, you can really only dtermine they are about equal, but over the years of feats id say Wolverine is a little bit stronger, Skeleton being more dense AND the healing factor coming into play.

Only a little bit more though

Rhinoceros
Hmm, Cap does have the leverage advantage as he's able to use bigger muscles groups against Wolverine. It'd be an equal match of strength if they were both pushing or pulling each other.

I'm wondering why didn't he just kick Cap off of him? Why did he choose to retract his claws first and then do the magic-bloodclot-kick? It's weird, but I guess that's comics for you..

Have Cap and Wolverine fought before?

Scoobless
Cap

wolfpack86
Wolverine is definitely stronger, Ive never seen Cap show strength feats like these...

Wolverine lifts an enourmous tree trunk to bat away at a supernatural foe because touching them freezes him to the soul:

1)
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3121/bd9a6048ps6.jpg

Wolverine lifts six men off the ground with one hand; Even if these men are only pushing around a buck 30 or a buck 50 Wolverine's still lifting circa 800 lbs with one hand over his head.

1)
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8717/100pirates3vt4.jpg

Wolverine throws a rather large sized shark out of the water at a ridiclous speed; More impressive given the fact that he did this against the tension of the water and he didn't have his feet for leverage since they were buisy helping him stay afloat:

1)
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6867/sharktossinvc5.jpg

Wolverine lifts an elevator full of people:

1)
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/161/elevatorliftqe9.jpg

Wolverine breaks out of the Chromalloy "unbreakable" shackles Dr. Lang put him in

1)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4535/shackleshu2.jpg

2)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2580/shackles2de6.jpg

Wolverine totally destroys a wrap of chain that was put in place to hold him:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/294/blackriochainbreaknt6.jpg

After losing it, Wolverine completely shatters chains wrapped completely around him:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1374/chainbreakbb4.jpg

2)
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6130/chainbreak2ri5.jpg

Wolverine breaks free of Mesmero's mind control AND his "unbreakable" chains:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6969/chainbreakmesmeroff4.jpg

StiltmanFTW
There's a whole section of Logan's strength feats in his thread.

HF, adamantium skeleton plus intensive regular exercise result in superhuman strength exceeding Cap's level.

Perhaps adamantiumless Logan was on par with Steve's strength.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Rhinoceros

Have Cap and Wolverine fought before?

yes twices before.

Battlehammer
capt had leverage, momentum in the above scans. also Logan was caught by surprized and off balances. Logan retracted his claws becauses due to the above they were right by his throat forcing him to put his neck back in an wierd angle. Which is why he would retract them so he could put his head back up which is what he did. and then he kicked capt causing a blood clot.

snoopdogg
Cap.

Mindset
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Cap.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Battlehammer
capt had leverage, momentum in the above scans. also Logan was caught by surprized and off balances. Logan retracted his claws becauses due to the above they were right by his throat forcing him to put his neck back in an wierd angle. Which is why he would retract them so he could put his head back up which is what he did. and then he kicked capt causing a blood clot.

I don't think Cap had a momentum advantage when they were both lying on the ground. Why would it matter how his head would be positioned? I guess he had to retract his claws because Cap was forcing them into his throat, that's the only explanation I can think of.

I dug up all the comics I have about Captain, I did find 2 comics were Cap and Wolverine fought. During the first fight, I think Wolverine was mind controlled or something and Cap was defeated.

In the second fight the fight was interrupted by a bullet to Wolverine chest. I don't think he even used his claws in that fight..

But anyways, I did wish for a Captain America fan to show up in this thread and that he would share his knowledge about Captain's strength, but I guess not..
------------

I thought Cap would have thousands of strength feats, but I guess not then.. They're obviously close to each other in terms of strength, but I still think Wolverine has the advantage there.

shokosugi
Cap is stronger

Mindset
Blade

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Mindset
Blade is stronger than Cap or Wolverine I agree.

I'm Bran
Cap.

Blade sucks.

Lethal Rogue
Cap.

The Illuminati
Cap

EvilTyrant
I seen Wolverine carry Cyclops up a wall with his teeth, this was when he loss his adamantium though, and also him and Cable were climbing a mountain and when they reached the 1st ledge cable one armed Logan up to the ledge. When they reached the 2nd ledge Logan lifted Cable up, holding him over the ledge with arms extended, then he thru him on the ground. Phalanx storyline I believe.

Wade Wilson
I'd say they are equel in strength. Scans of the fight do not prove anything, Cap was on top and it's easier on top because it's your strength plus your weight.

Daredevil1
There shown to be about equals. They both have absurd high end feats.

But Cap has been stated to have the strength of 10 men and Caps strength seems to be noted more then Wolverine among the streets but when your fighting a guy with claws about the size of your face your probably not going to think to much about his strength.

Battlehammer
I don't think Cap had a momentum advantage when they were both lying on the ground. Why would it matter how his head would be positioned? I guess he had to retract his claws because Cap was forcing them into his throat, that's the only explanation I can think of.

If you look capt caught wolverine off guard and had a running start which i what got Capt to get Logan claws into position.

I mean I am stronger then my brother by a fair amount, but in the same scnerio I would pull back the claws as well it only natural.

I thought Cap would have thousands of strength feats, but I guess not then.. They're obviously close to each other in terms of strength, but I still think Wolverine has the advantage there.
I agree.

Lethal Rogue
Actually, I change my mind. They're equal.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Daredevil1
There shown to be about equals. They both have absurd high end feats.

But Cap has been stated to have the strength of 10 men and Caps strength seems to be noted more then Wolverine among the streets but when your fighting a guy with claws about the size of your face your probably not going to think to much about his strength.
True

I like to see evidences of this personally.

Logan has lifted 10 men with one arm. Logan also been stated with superhuman and enhanced human strength.

This is for the blade people.

Capt and Wolverine feats>>>>Blades

Oh also Berserker Wolverine with out a doubt is stronger then capt.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Actually, I change my mind. They're equal.
What changed your mind?

snoopdogg
After reviewing both arguments, I still vote for Cap due to the scans posted.

Lethal Rogue
I just thought about it more.

Battlehammer
After reviewing both arguments, I still vote for Cap due to the scans posted.
No capt scans were posted.....................

snoopdogg
No capt scans were posted..................... The one where Cap was pushing Logan's arms down while at the same time holding Logans hands in position to cut him.

Battlehammer
The one where Cap was pushing Logan's arms down while at the same time holding Logans hands in position to cut him.
Thats not a feat...........he got Logan into that posotion due to leverage , a running start and surprizing wolverine.

Nothing in that scan shows superior strength at best it show roughly equal strength.

but of courses since it wolverine you will ignore the reasoning and simply assume siome how that shows capt as stronger when it doesent.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
I seen Wolverine carry Cyclops up a wall with his teeth, this was when he loss his adamantium though, and also him and Cable were climbing a mountain and when they reached the 1st ledge cable one armed Logan up to the ledge. When they reached the 2nd ledge Logan lifted Cable up, holding him over the ledge with arms extended, then he thru him on the ground. Phalanx storyline I believe.

Bone Claw Wolverine (even animalistic version) couldn't lift as much as the adamantium version. It makes a feat look better, not worse.

Starscream M
Captain America could lift heavier (slightly) weight

Logan could lift a weight longer than Captain America

Battlehammer
.........pleases I love how all theses people say capt, but yet provide no evidence.

We have feats of wolverine strength presented, but none of capts.

Oh and Berserker Wolverine strength>>>>Capts.

Starscream M
capt has SSS which enhanced his strength

StiltmanFTW
.........pleases I love how all theses people say capt, but yet provide no evidence.

We have feats of wolverine strength presented, but none of capts.

Oh and Berserker Wolverine strength>>>>Capts.

Yep. More adrenalin = more strength.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Starscream M

Wolverine has HF and adamantium skeleton.

Battlehammer
to peak human levels...........Logan healing factor makes his body able to lift superhuman weights, plus on top of that his muscles chemicals were made inhumanly denses.

Battlehammer
edit

horrorwolf
Cap is stronger when it comes to physical strength.
period.

Wolverine although posessing enhanced physical strength...is just a step behind Cap when it come to power.

lighten Wolverine up from having to carry around adamantium on his skeleton and Wolverine should be stronger theoretically.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Cap is stronger when it comes to physical strength.
period.

Wolverine although posessing enhanced physical strength...is just a step behind Cap when it come to power.

lighten Wolverine up from having to carry around adamantium on his skeleton and Wolverine should be stronger theoretically.
No he not. Nor have you presented any evidences which suggests this.

Nope

........that does not even make senses. The heavier his skeleton the more muscles which would develope. Not to mention his frame would have no limitations as capts would.

oh and Berserker Wolverine is stronger then Capt with out a doubt

wolfpack86
Did anyone see the scans I provided? Wolverine is repeatedly shown capable of breaking wraps of chain, and "unbreakable chains". I don't know how much it would take to break the chains he broke, but I do know it's a heck of a lot more then 1 or 2 ton strength. I have never seen Cap capable of such things, and until I do Wolverine is definitely stronger in my book.

rotiart
Check out the respect forum... For cap.
He lifted big bertha overhead and tossed her
Broke steel chains with his bare hands
Broke down a steel door
Braced an entire skyskaper that fell on him after the rhino demolished it...
Has actually hurt highly durable guys like major hulk etc
Destroyed a secondary adamantium ultron solo

And cap is not just peak human. Also the manyosses his shield with the strngth to stop dead a semi truck. Outpace and hit a missile already in motion

And in civil war when he died he had strength dampeners on and still was fast Enough to push a man out of the way of a sniper.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by rotiart
Check out the respect forum... For cap.
He lifted big bertha overhead and tossed her
Broke steel chains with his bare hands
Broke down a steel door
Braced an entire skyskaper that fell on him after the rhino demolished it...
Has actually hurt highly durable guys like major hulk etc
Destroyed a secondary adamantium ultron solo

And cap is not just peak human. Also the manyosses his shield with the strngth to stop dead a semi truck. Outpace and hit a missile already in motion

And in civil war when he died he had strength dampeners on and still was fast Enough to push a man out of the way of a sniper.
yea and are theses suposes to be better then feats wolverine has done?

also it was not an entire biulidng it was some of the rubble, though very impressive you giving him to much credit there.

rotiart
Errr the natation says it's the entire skyskaper... Not cap speaking. So guess what. It's not just "some rubble"

horrorwolf
No he not. Nor have you presented any evidences which suggests this.

Nope

........that does not even make senses. The heavier his skeleton the more muscles which would develope. Not to mention his frame would have no limitations as capts would.

oh and Berserker Wolverine is stronger then Capt with out a doubt

Captain America has lots of strength feats placing him above that of Wolverine...most of this is based on previous clashes between the two. Check Cap's respect thread for plenty of evidence.

What you overlook is that Logan is constantly supporting the weight of adamantium while its laced to his bones....without it he is lighter and stronger as he is no longer supporting its weight in addition to his own.

Try lifting something heavy, then try lifting it with 20 pound weights on each arm. This is pretty much self explanitory.

Battlehammer
Errr the natation says it's the entire skyskaper... Not cap speaking. So guess what. It's not just "some rubble"
really lets see this.

also would not that be pis? I mean biuldigns weights 100 of tons..........so that be pritty pointles to bring up a feat of his that clearly pis.

Battlehammer
Captain America has lots of strength feats placing him above that of Wolverine...most of this is based on previous clashes between the two.

No he doesent. You shown zero evdiences. all you been doing is talkign out your ass.

that bull shit. For starter in one of there prevous clashes wolverine held capt down on the ground........ pleases don't straight up lie now.

What you overlook is that Logan is constantly supporting the weight of adamantium while its laced to his bones....without it he is lighter and stronger as he is no longer supporting its weight in addition to his own.T
ry lifting something heavy, then try lifting it with 20 pound weights on each arm. This is pretty much self explanitory.

Thats not the same. Your examples fualty. Logan had it in for 30 years or so. After eyars your body becomes accustomed to it and strengthens. Your example is not the same becuases it not like you were ing the 20 pounds with in your body for years.

horrorwolf
Thats not the same. Your examples fualty. Logan had it in for 30 years or so. After eyars your body becomes accustomed to it and strengthens. Your example is not the same becuases it not like you were ing the 20 pounds with in your body for years.

Wrong. it's the same.

Logan without the skeleton: Logan weighs 195 lbs.
Logan with the skeleton: Logan's at 300lbs.
For only an enhanced human, its going to take a toll.

Although Logan has adjusted to the adamantium laced skeleton, he always surely be both physically stronger, much lighter and faster without it. Why? Because he has adjusted to the weight of it. Once removed he no longer has it weighing him down, and in addition...his body is used to carrying it.

Minus the skeleton, he would be capable of better strength AND speed feats. This is undenyable fact.

There is already evidence of an adamantium laced Wolverine being overpowered by Captain American physically, in addition to Cap having the better strength feats.

Battlehammer
Wrong. it's the same.

Although Logan has adjusted to the adamantium laced skeleton, he always surely be both physically stronger and fasterwithout it. Why? Because he has adjusted to the weight of it. Once removed he no longer has it weighing him down, and in addition...his body is used to carrying it.

Minus the skeleton, he would be capable of better strength AND speed feats. This is undenyable fact.

speed yes, not strength. His natural bones can no withstand the weight that his adamtium ones could. meaning with adamtium he can hold weight much heavier with out any fear of his bones breaking.

There is already evidence of Wolverine being overpowered by Captain American physically, in addition to Cap having the better strength feats.
really were? You mean capt in a running start, using monmentum and leverage to get Logan into that situation which Logan easly got out.........none of that shows capt being superior in strength. at best that make him around wolevrines strength.

really elts see some feats. all i got is you tlaking out your ass and providing zero evdiences as usual and making stupid statements.

rotiart
really lets see this.

also would not that be pis? I mean biuldigns weights 100 of tons..........so that be pritty pointles to bring up a feat of his that clearly pis.

1. Check the respect thread yourself.

Battlehammer
1. Check the respect thread yourself.
no show iot or go away im not wating my time looking for a feat, uve stated which you have yet to show evidences of.

horrorwolf
really elts see some feats. all i got is you tlaking out your ass and providing zero evdiences as usual and making stupid statements.

The only stupid one is you if you think 100+ pounds of skeleton wont lessen your strength feats. Again, Wolverine is only an enhanced human. He doesn't have true "super" strength on par with anything Captain America has shown. Again, check Cap's respect thread.

Rhinoceros
There's something impressive about the feat I posted. It looks like Cap's forcing them into Wolverine's throat, not just pushing his hands to his chest. No, it doesn't mean Cap > Wolverine in the terms of strength, but it does tell us that Cap pretty damn strong.

horrorwolf
There's something impressive about the feat I posted. It looks like Cap's forcing them into Wolverine's throat, not just pushing his hands to his chest. No, it doesn't mean Cap > Wolverine in the terms of strength, but it does tell us that Cap pretty damn strong.

what's worse is Wolverine is shown uncapable of stopping Cap from pushing his own arms into his chest...lol
Although it largely seems to be due to Cap's applied strength+the extra weight of the adamantium being used against Logan.

Again, free Logan of the skeleton and he should be able to outdo Cap physically, otherwise Cap owns him in raw strength feats.

And anyone who claims that Logans 100+ pound skeleton doesnt slow him down, or lessen his physical strength compared to not having it is a moron.

rotiart
no show iot or go away im not wating my time looking for a feat, uve stated which you have yet to show evidences of.

You provided no scans if his feats yourslef so maybe you should just calm down

snoopdogg
Cap was also controling Logan's arms at the same time he was pushing them down. To me it shows Cap with a strength edge.

horrorwolf

lets leave that alone. laughing

StiltmanFTW
speed yes, not strength. His natural bones can no withstand the weight that his adamtium ones could. meaning with adamtium he can hold weight much heavier with out any fear of his bones breaking.

Co-signed.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wolverine.htm

snoopdogg
The 2004 Wolverine handbooks says Logan has normal human strength of a man who engages in intensive workouts.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Co-signed.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wolverine.htm

Precisely, except....

Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.

http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

Both are considered equivalent in most cases....

But one guy is bound to a 100+ pounds of metal weight restricting him. The other guy has been shown in feats to be able to reach the same peak human levels WITHOUT the need of any skeleton to do so. This is why Logan was unable to stop Cap from driving his paws into his own chest.

smokin'

Battlehammer
check the first page some one did it for me. Ive psoted them all enough times, why post more of them when some one esles done it in this thread for me.

Battlehammer
The 2004 Wolverine handbooks says Logan has normal human strength of a man who engages in intensive workouts.
which is controdicted by the fact it lsits him stat wises as class 4 which is superhuman.

Battlehammer
Cap was also controling Logan's arms at the same time he was pushing them down. To me it shows Cap with a strength edge.
pushing them down? looka t the scan he runing fu;ll speed, slamms logan and has leevrage advantage. Thats the only reason he was able to get wolverine hands were they were.

Not sure what so ahrd to comprehend here.

StiltmanFTW
Precisely, except....

Both are considered equivalent in most cases....

But one guy is bound to a 100+ pounds of metal weight restricting him. The other guy has been shown in feats to be able to reach the same peak human levels WITHOUT the need of any skeleton to do so. This is why Logan was unable to stop Cap from driving his paws into his own chest.

smokin'

My point was that adamantium skeleton did enhance his strength erm

It does make sense when you think of it. His bones and joints can't be damaged, so exerting himself to a limit isn't a problem. Any damage his muscles receive from the pressure tends to heal right away.

Battlehammer
first of Logan is not peak-human. He superhuman or enhanced human.
He never onces in a comic story been stated as peak-human. He only been stated or implied to be beyond human/ superhuman or enhanced human

wolfpack86
Here Wolverine not only breaks free of Ursa Major's 15 ton strength hold, but also lifts him over his head and hurls his 955 lb body into a bunch of rubble...

1)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/Wolverine_First_Class_08_017.jpg

Starscream M
Originally posted by wolfpack86
Here Wolverine not only breaks free of Ursa Major's 15 ton strength hold, but also lifts him over his head and hurls his 955 lb body into a bunch of rubble...

1)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/Wolverine_First_Class_08_017.jpg wolverine was berserker there...that's not his normal strength level

Battlehammer
wolverine was berserker there...that's not his normal strength level
yea so? the question is who is stronger and berserker wolverine is good deal stronger.

normal levels there equal.

however they never said normal levels

wolfpack86
wolverine was berserker there...that's not his normal strength level

Regardless, it proves that when Wolverine needs to be, he is stronger then Cap.

snoopdogg
which is controdicted by the fact it lsits him stat wises as class 4 which is superhuman. Those power grids are not very accurate as mistakes are all over. However, I put more faith in written text than those powergrids.

Battlehammer
Those power grids are not very accurate as mistakes are all over. However, I put more faith in written text than those powergrids.
the written text is just as inaccurate you can put all the faith you want in it. Doesent mean shit when your own sources controdicts it self.

oh pleases the best hand book out was the master edition and even that had lots of mistakes.

Starscream M
Originally posted by wolfpack86
Regardless, it proves that when Wolverine needs to be, he is stronger then Cap. wolverine has no control over berserker...so berserker is not normal stats

berserker wolverine IS stronger than Cap

regular Wolverine is weaker though

snoopdogg
the written text is just as inaccurate you can put all the faith you want in it. Doesent mean shit when your own sources controdicts it self.

oh pleases the best hand book out was the master edition and even that had lots of mistakes. Just to clarify, I could give a sh!t less what you place your faith in.

Battlehammer
Just to clarify, I could give a sh!t less what you place your faith in.
and I could give a shit about your opinion in any wolverine thread, becauses I know you hate him and dislike me and would disagree to your grave no matter howmuch evidences I ahve and howmuch evdiences you lack.

Battlehammer
wolverine has no control over berserker...so berserker is not normal stats

berserker wolverine IS stronger than Cap

regular Wolverine is weaker though
actaully he still has controll during the fight which is why they dident all die.

prove that capt stronger.

Starscream M

snoopdogg
and I could give a shit about your opinion in any wolverine thread, becauses I know you hate him and dislike me and would disagree to your grave no matter howmuch evidences I ahve and howmuch evdiences you lack. Then why do you constantly attack my posts if you don't give a sh!t? Don't make sense, I could care less if you think Logan is superhuman or not.

BTW I don't hate Wolverine. Just some of his fans.

Starscream M
actaully he still has controll during the fight which is why they dident all die.

prove that capt stronger. I consider berserker wolverine and regular wolverine to be different characters

you can't give regular wolverine the stats of berserker wolverine

Battlehammer
Then why do you constantly attack my posts if you don't give a sh!t? Don't make sense, I could care less if you think Logan is superhuman or not.

BTW I don't hate Wolverine. Just some of his fans.
becauses it bothers you, I think your a fanboy when it comes to blade and I think you vastly underrate wolverine at every turn.

whatever keep telling your self that.

Battlehammer
I consider berserker wolverine and regular wolverine to be different characters

you can't give regular wolverine the stats of berserker wolverine
there the same character.

Starscream M
becauses it bothers you, I think your a fanboy when it comes to blade and I think you vastly underrate wolverine at every turn.
oh the irony roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg

whatever keep telling your self that. I think you have it twisted. If it bothered me I would be the one constantly attacking you.

Battlehammer
oh the irony roll eyes (sarcastic)
oh pleases you should be banned from such comments given your rediculous shity track record.

Battlehammer
I think you have it twisted. If it bothered me I would be the one constantly attacking you.
nope doesent bother me in the least. I like debating in this fashion. It clearly bothers you however becuases your constantly whining about me attacking you.

Starscream M
oh pleases you should be banned from such comments given your rediculous shity track record. no surprise you want me banned roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
no surprise you want me banned roll eyes (sarcastic)
banned fro making such comments not literally banned.

No your amusing actually. You constantly look like a joke and bring laughter to many which is why I don't mind you being on and is likly what saves you from be banend is becuases your so much fun to watch. Just when we think you hit your lowest point you prove us all wrong.

Warrior18
Just thought I'd post some of Logan's feats which lead me to think he is stronger.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3121/bd9a6048ps6.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/161/elevatorliftqe9.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5372/dumpsterii9.jpg

Add to that the fact that his leg muscles are powerful enough to enable him to leap 20-40 feet into the air. As he has done on numerous occasions.

Battlehammer

Warrior18
thumb up

ps. Was Logan in a rage in that last scan?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Warrior18
thumb up

ps. Was Logan in a rage in that last scan?
kinda his mind had been alter to that of a werewolfs.

Warrior18

People also seem to forget that Logan, on panel, gets described as superhuman, enhanced or accelerated.

snoopdogg
I just think Cap is stronger. It's not that big of deal I don't think, some poeple think Logan is stronger just the same. Either way they are close to not make a difference in a battle.

Kris Blaze
Wolverine.

jinzin

Phantom Zone

Now what everyone support Capt either purposely neglects to mention or simply never read the entire arc is that Wolverine had barly slept or eaten for around a month. He had literally been on the run or fighting for a month straight or more. He had number of individuals after him including shield and omega red. Making him far from 100% to begin with, which I find funny no ones mentioned.

That was discussed and this is soemthing jinzin invented.

Next we have the fact that Logan has just been in a fight literally seconds before. Again further taxing him.

He has enhanced stamina, it didnt do anything to him.

Oh and Logan has also pinned Capt down before.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/622/captainamerica5pz3.jpg

You see Cap rubbing his head like he was stunned?

Care to prove it.

P.S. I dont think Cap is stronger.

jinzin
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
It was proven in the comic book.
Shown in the comic book.
And stated IN THE COMIC BOOK.

The only one who ever "legitimately" argued otherwise was onedumb and that was using an argument regarding what he would have done if it were him. NOT EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to which there is plenty to the contrary.

Sin I AM

I mean I am stronger then my brother by a fair amount, but in the same scnerio I would pull back the claws as well it only natural.

I agree.

you have adamantium claws ?

horrorwolf
We already have scans of Wolverine getting owned by Cap forcing his own arms into Wolverine's chest.... Wolverine basically had to retract his OWN freaking claws and resort to kicking Cap him to get him off!!!

lol.

Since Captain America has been shown as being capable of force-feeding Wolverine his own limbs there....

Unless you can produce scans of Cap getting manhandled by Wolverine in like manner, the Wolverine is stronger than Captain America argument is full of phail.

rox
why were they fighting

Mindset
Wolverine ate Cap's snickers.

rotiart
every time my brother finds out i'm at the store its... buy me 1 red bull and 1 snickers...

food of the gods i tell you... food of the gods.

snoopdogg
I like yager bombs.

Mindset
You like crack

snoopdogg
I used to sleep too close to the crack.

rotiart
no wonder your nose was all brown.

jinzin
We already have scans of Wolverine getting owned by Cap forcing his own arms into Wolverine's chest.... Wolverine basically had to retract his OWN freaking claws and resort to kicking Cap him to get him off!!!

lol.

Since Captain America has been shown as being capable of force-feeding Wolverine his own limbs there....

Unless you can produce scans of Cap getting manhandled by Wolverine in like manner, the Wolverine is stronger than Captain America argument is full of phail. Are you touched in the head? Or have you simply never worked out a day in your life?

Are you totally inept as to the total amount of weight one can move while applying a full body jerk compared to that of a simple reverse tricep extension?

All you have there is evidence that Wolverine's one muscle group of tricep brachi could actually hold off Captain America's full press, body weight and momentum/leverage for a significant amount of time.... and could do so while not even NEAR 100% as previously stated by hammer...... And you think that bodes WELL for the "Captain America is stronger" argument? no expression

This is usually the part where I break into hysterics at such foolishness... but this is just too pathetic.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jinzin
Are you touched in the head? Or have you simply never worked out a day in your life?

Are you totally inept as to the total amount of weight one can move while applying a full body jerk compared to that of a simple reverse tricep extension?

All you have there is evidence that Wolverine's one muscle group of tricep brachi could actually hold off Captain America's full press, body weight and momentum/leverage for a significant amount of time.... and could do so while not even NEAR 100% as previously stated by hammer...... And you think that bodes WELL for the "Captain America is stronger" argument? no expression

This is usually the part where I break into hysterics at such foolishness... but this is just too pathetic.
cosigned, and I think he failed to realize no ones taking him serously any more.

Battlehammer

No it was not, it was shown in the comic.

He has enhanced stamina, it didnt do anything to him.

yea he does, but it not limitless and the more damage he recieve the weaker it becomes. Barly eating or sleep for a month and getting into fights would greatly effect his stamina.

You see Cap rubbing his head like he was stunned?

did you see capt making complete thoughts

Care to prove it.
Prove what? He was given a serum to turn him into a werewolf, but was reversed due to his healing factor however the mental effects remained which is what allowed the guy who could controll the werewolfs to controll wolverine as well.

P.S. I dont think Cap is stronger.
well there was little point in argueing then.

horrorwolf
cosigned, and I think he failed to realize no ones taking him serously any more.

laughing

FYI, I dont give a rats ass about if you, joeblow or anyone else here "takes me seriously" here or not. Actually, the very thought makes me lol. This is a message board, nothing more...just as my opinion is just as valid or invalid as yours may or may not be.

...So ....I'll let you spend your own time worrying about being validated by people on these boards.

K?...Thanks. wink

back on topic...

If Wolverine was even the slightest bit "stronger" than Cap, he would not have gotten pwned by Cap in those scans...leverage or not. CA imposed himself on Wolverine in those scans to a degree that:

1. Captain America clearly FORCED Wolverine to have to retract his own claws to prevent Cap from being forced to stab himself with HIS OWN claws, which is funny enough in itself.

2. The "physically superior" Wolverine had to resort to KICKING to free himself....as he appeared to lack to upper body strength to push Cap away.... LuLz.

Sorry but that argument is 100% fail....as the very scans posted dispute Wolverine being any stronger than Cap, and if anything the scrapper got dominated physically.

Daredevil1
No he could control Logan because he was a master of the mystic arts of the mind. He controlled Moonrider easily and he did not take the wolf serum.

horrorwolf
If anything, these two are evenly matched when Wolverine has his skeleton.

Battlehammer

back on topic...

If Wolverine was "stronger" than Cap, he would not have gotten pwned by Cap in those scans...leverage or not. CA imposed himself on Wolverine in those scans to a degree that:

1. Captain America clearly FORCED Wolverine to have to retract his own claws to prevent Cap from being forced to stab himself with HIS OWN claws, which is funny enough in itself.

2. The "physically superior" Wolverine had to resort to KICKING to free himself. LuLz.

Sorry but that argument is fail....as the very scans posted dispute Wolverine being any stronger than Cap, and if anything the scrapper got dominated physically.

hahahahahahahaha

your a funny guy

I mean trying to make a claim that capt stronger based of a very curcumstanial event is amusing.

First-Logan was not 100% or closes to it prior to fighting nuke

second-He just fought nuke

third-Capt had momentium

fourth-running start

fifth-leverage

sixth- Logan arm are in such an angle that he would not even beable to uses his entire chest unlike capt.

dominated? Capt with so many advantages in his favor still was able to put logan claws into him self.

Oh and you do realizes capt ened up having to go to the hospital after the fight? so stop saying he dominated when he ends up losing the fight. It jsut soudns stupid.

you have also yet to provide evidences that capt stronger. Oh and even though I believe there roughly the same strength at normal levels.

Logan berserker is clearly stronger then capt

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Daredevil1
No he could control Logan because he was a master of the mystic arts of the mind. He controlled Moonrider easily and he did not take the wolf serum.
ok so Logan was mind controlled.........had the mind set of an animal and could not talk........either way his mind was not his own he clearly was unable to proccesses information and was simply acting like an animal.

Battlehammer
If anything, these two are evenly matched when Wolverine has his skeleton.
in strength at normal levels there the same.

now if you mean fight.........no there no evenly match capt really would loses a heavy majority.

jinzin
laughing

FYI, I dont give a rats ass about if you, joeblow or anyone else here "takes me seriously" here or not. Actually, the very thought makes me lol. This is a message board, nothing more...just as my opinion is just as valid or invalid as yours may or may not be.

...So ....I'll let you spend your own time worrying about being validated by people on these boards.

K?...Thanks. wink

back on topic...

If Wolverine was even the slightest bit "stronger" than Cap, he would not have gotten pwned by Cap in those scans...leverage or not. CA imposed himself on Wolverine in those scans to a degree that:

2. The "physically superior" Wolverine had to resort to KICKING to free himself....as he appeared to lack to upper body strength to push Cap away.... LuLz.

Sorry but that argument is 100% fail....as the very scans posted dispute Wolverine being any stronger than Cap, and if anything the scrapper got dominated physically. Your belligerent ignorance and neglect towards facts and common sense don't validate your claims OR your opinions for that matter.

I like how your assumption disregards the difference of one muscle group working against many. How you completely ignore that leverage and moment make a difference. And, how you carelessly assume that the scans mean anything revolving around a Wolverine at 100% anyway.

I would spend more time telling you how you're wrong but I can clearly see now that you probably have to get back to eating your milk and cookies while finishing your masterpiece for the fridge.

horrorwolf
All I hear are a lot of excuses for why Cap is able to physcially dominate Wolverine for well over 5 panels.

I will give you the fact that leverage would account for Caps landing...but what about the other 5 PANELS of having his claws forced into his own face by Cap?

We can make excuses of why Wolverine was tired, or blindsighted etc...but he got plain dominated in those scan by what appears to be a physically superior combatant.

Unless you can show scans of him dominating Cap...this case is closed. Wolverine got pwned.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by jinzin
Your belligerent ignorance and neglect towards facts and common sense don't validate your claims OR your opinions for that matter.

I like how your assumption disregards the difference of one muscle group working against many. How you completely ignore that leverage and moment make a difference. And, how you carelessly assume that the scans mean anything revolving around a Wolverine at 100% anyway.

I would spend more time telling you how you're wrong but I can clearly see now that you probably have to get back to eating your milk and cookies while finishing your masterpiece for the fridge.

confused
more hurt feelings, and excuses.

If you can show a scan of Wolvie dominating Cap in like manner, I will take your side....

I however doubt you will produce anything in Wolverines favor to counter those two scans though, love to be proven wrong though, so I'll wait.

Battlehammer
All I hear are a lot of excuses for why Cap is able to physcially dominate Wolverine for 5 panels.

I will give you the fact that leverage would account for Caps landing...but what about the other 5 PANELS of having his claws forced into his own face by Cap?

We can make excuses of why Wolverine was tired, or blindsighted etc...but he got plain dominated in those scan by what appears to be a physically superior combatant.

Unless you can show scans of him dominating Cap...this case is closed. Wolverine got pwned.
all I hear from you is a bunch of dilusional thoughts.

.......Logans claws were at his face for a single pannel.......one not five........

..........dominated? His opponet ran caught him by surprized and nocked him on the ground..........there nothing that even suggest domination.........how dilusional are you?

wtf are you talking about. Capot dident dominate anything god lord, your a retard.

Battlehammer

Oh and Logan has also pinned Capt down before.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/622/captainamerica5pz3.jpg

horrorwolf
all I hear from you is a bunch of dilusional thoughts.

.......Logans claws were at his face for a single pannel.......one not five........

..........dominated? His opponet ran caught him by surprized and nocked him on the ground..........there nothing that even suggest domination.........how dilusional are you?

wtf are you talking about. Capot dident dominate anything god lord, your a retard.

domination is getting your own claws forced into your own face....and get it done over 5 panels. Not only that, he was forced to retract his claws...as well as resort to kicking to escape. very poor showing for a character who is supposedly superior in strength.

Battlehammer
domination is getting your own claws forced into your own face....and get it done over 5 panels. Not only that, he was forced to retract his claws...as well as resort to kicking to escape. very poor showing for a character who is supposedly superior in strength.
...........and yet they never hit his face.........

It was only one pannel..........and he was only able to get into that postion becauses of many circumstances.........are you like a little slow? or not well at comprehention?

No there are the same strength unless wolverine berserker.

jinzin
confused
more hurt feelings, and excuses.

If you can show a scan of Wolvie dominating Cap in like manner, I will take your side....

I however doubt you will produce anything in Wolverines favor to counter those two scans though, love to be proven wrong though, so I'll wait.

Excuses... right... I'll just take it then that you've never picked up a weight in your life that wasn't labeled a quarter pounder.

Thing is, I don't NEED to counter those scans since they don't prove anything other than the fact that Cap is barely stronger using his full weight against Wolverine than Logan's one muscle group of Tricep Brachi. If your argument is that Cap's got more pound for pound strength than Wolverine's tricep then you're doing one hell of a job. roll eyes (sarcastic)

horrorwolf
...........and yet they never hit his face.........

It was only one pannel..........and he was only able to get into that postion becauses of many circumstances.........are you like a little slow? or not well at comprehention?

No there are the same strength unless wolverine berserker.

So I guess he retracted his own claws only because he didnt want them to "reflect light into his own eyes" or some bs....and not because of the danger to himself...???

Wolverine's own words:

"whats he think Im stupid? Ill just.." SNIK! SNIK!....

he ended up being forced to retract his own claws, because he needed to keep Cap from gradually forcing his own claws into his skull. This is the only reason Wolverines own claws didnt impale himself.

SoulDevourer
cap : peak human strength (like batman & kingpin)

wolverine : mild superhuman strength (like buffy. lol)

Battlehammer
So I guess he retracted his own claws only because he didnt want them to "reflect light into his own eyes" or some bs....and not because of the danger to himself...???

No he retracted his claws, becuases capt due to momentum, a running start and leverage got his claws inches from his neck, which Logically would make one put his claws in. That however does not make him stronger, becauses with out all thoses factor let a lone Logan beeing in a weaken state that never would have happen and Logan haulting capt from doing so prove this.

he ended up being forced to retract his own claws, because he needed to keep Cap from gradually forcing his own claws into his skull.
He retaracted them becauses they were inch away from him due to many factor which allowed capt to gain an advantage, not becuases capt was stronger. Also claws going into his skull would do nothing they can't even penertrate his skull.

srankmissingnin

Wolverine's own words:

"whats he think Im stupid? Ill just.." SNIK! SNIK!....

he ended up being forced to retract his own claws, because he needed to keep Cap from gradually forcing his own claws into his skull. This is the only reason Wolverines own claws didnt stab himself.

Clearly you are a man who is not familiar with the human skull. There aren't any openings on a human skull that would be big enough for a single one of Wolverine's claws to penetrate without forcing them through the skull... which would be impossible in Wolverine's case due to adamantium. The fact that he has three claws on each hand, all of which are the same length with more than an inch spacing between makes it even more impossible.

Wolverine retracted his claws to prevent mild superficial damage... coincidental the only type of damage Cap can dish out against Wolverine. big grin

horrorwolf
You have still produced nothing proving Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America....as you somehow claim.

What do you base this on?

Mindset
Cap is about 3-4x stronger.

Battlehammer
You have still produced nothing proving Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America....as you somehow claim.

What do you base this on?
are you denses I said there the same strength like 5 times...........

Your the one trying to say capot better using highly circumstanial evidences which does not even prove what your trying to say it does.

I said Berserker wolverine stronger there a big differences, but as usual you likly have no diea what that differences is would you like me to explain it?

horrorwolf
are you denses I said there the same strength like 5 times...........

Your the one trying to say capot better using highly circumstanial evidences which does not even prove what your trying to say it does.

I said Berserker wolverine stronger there a big differences, but as usual you likly have no diea what that differences is would you like me to explain it?

scans would be more effective honestly.

horrorwolf
No there are the same strength

This I can accept, but there is simply no evidence of Wolverine being stronger than Cap.

Battlehammer
scans would be more effective honestly.
scans of what? That wolverine stronger then capt while berserker?

Logan and capt are the same strength normally.

KLogan while berserker is in an alter stated which all his stats are very amped..........it like taking a zap pill..........

While in this state he over powered quite a few superhumans.

Mindset

While in this state he over powered quite a few superhumans. Who?

horrorwolf
scans of what? That wolverine stronger then capt while berserker?

Yes. Scans showing Wolverine strength feats that Cap is unable to match.

Battlehammer
Who?
two humans who were given the zap pill which granted them superhuman strength, mursa (were bear guy), sabertooth I believe ect, There some others just can't recall there names at the moment.

Battlehammer
Yes. Scans showing Wolverine strength feats that Cap is unable to match.
I don't think your ubnderstanding this. While in berserker he stronger then when he normal. When he normal he the same strength as capt...........so how the hell would he not be stronger while berserker.........also someone already posted the feat......like getting out of mursa (were bear guy) bear hug..........which you ignored earlier.

jinzin
Cap is about 3-4x stronger. I sincerly hope you're joking.

horrorwolf
I don't think your ubnderstanding this. While in berserker he stronger then when he normal. When he normal he the same strength as capt...........so how the hell would he not be stronger while berserker.........also someone already posted the feat......like getting out of mursa (were bear guy) bear hug..........which you ignored earlier.

It was ignored because it wasnt sufficient. Its not like Cap doesnt have equivalent feats such as breaking group holds of 5 or 6 guys at once with enhanced abilites of their own, or bench pressing over 1100 pounds.

Battlehammer
It was ignored because it wasnt sufficient. Its not like Cap doesnt have equivalent feats such as fending off 5 or 6 guys with enhanced abilites of their own, or bench pressing over 1100 pounds.
niether of thoses feats would put him closes to that one...........ar eyou kidding me........he oevr power a multi tonner..........

oh and 1100 feat which Logan beaten with one arm before...........was during the time capt still had some super strength running through him if not mistaken.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>