The Changeling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Well I looked back through the last several pages in this section and surprisingly I noticed that no thread has been created about this movie.I just saw this movie last weekend and I got to say its the best movie I have seen all year long.Probably one of my favorites of all time.Its stars Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich in a true life story where Jolie plays the mother of a child who gets kidnapped.Its kinda depressing at times knowing those kinds of things go on that you see in the movie but that's the way it is and was back then with the corruption of cops.Very great movie.Definitely Jolies best film and best performance.Great scenery as well.Makes you wish you could get into a time machine and go back during that time and ride in those cars that you see in the movie that are portrayed from the time of the 20's back then.you must go see this movie.the cars in that movie and the timeframe back then looks so vividly real the way they looked back then.It was also directed By Clint Eastwood and produced by Ron Howard.Great winning combination.Definitely Eastwoods best movie he has directed IMO and great movie choice for Ron Howard to produce.

jaden101
Yeah i had a watch of this a couple of nights ago...I can see why they're touting Jolie as a possible winner of best actress at the oscars....although i don't think it's been a particularly strong year for female lead roles so take from that what you will.

It'll most likely get best cinematography though...It really did have that old 20's feeling not just in costume design but in the way it was shot...i guess some camera filters were employed to give that almost sepia tone to the film whilst still being in colour....the same kind of feeling that road to perdition had.

Mr Parker
Damn cant believe only ONE person here has seen this movie.That must be why no thread has been made of it.Its a must see movie folks.It has the most awesome cinematography I've seen with superb direction and solid screenplay.Im sure it will get some academy award nominations.

BruceSkywalker
I've seen this..

Very good movie..

Angelina Jolie may get nominated

Impediment
I'm just not a fan of Jolie. I think that she is one the very most overrated actresses ever. The only movie of Jolie's that I relatively liked was Girl, Interrupted.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm just not a fan of Jolie. I think that she is one the very most overrated actresses ever. The only movie of Jolie's that I relatively liked was Girl, Interrupted.

You didn't like Hackers?

Impediment
Originally posted by jaden101
You didn't like Hackers?

Nope. I didn't care for the lame storyline.

ragesRemorse
I guess I'm the only person that wasn't convinced by Jolie's performance in this movie. It could be because i loathe the lady but i felt a strong sense of over acting most of the time. She doesn't hurt the movie and i really liked it and i think Eastwood produced another gem but i dont think it's nearly as good as all the critics are saying.

Mr Parker
totally disagree

ragesRemorse
yeah, i don't know man. There is just something about that fat lipped, jungle monkey looking shemale that i don't like.

moviefanatic04
Want to see it but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe later this week

Mr Parker
if its still in the theaters where you are,yeah you just got to see it.

Mr Parker
Since the image of this movie is on the front screen when you log on here.Hopefully more people will start to post on this thread now.Heres crossing my fingers.

jinXed by JaNx
Just watched this again. John Malkovich is the man

Mr Parker
yeah he was great.

MildPossession
I watched it a few weeks ago and really liked it, the only negative for me was the score, didn't like it at all.

She is brilliant in the film you mentioned. Have you seen Gia? A Mighty Heart?

She usually picks a lot of duds, but when she gets a good film where it brings out her acting, she is brilliant and it's not overrated.

Impediment
Gia was tolerable. I admit, I even got a little misty eyed towards the end when she tried to get her b*tch of a mom to let her come home. Still, her roles, in my opinion, are very few and far between. She is just another Hollywood icon labeled "Brangelina". Just as stupid as "Bennifer".

MildPossession
That's not her fault. More than just what you mentioned.

DrewFelton
i have somewhat mixed feelings about this movie... i liked the overall dedication by the film writers to honor the actual truthfulness of the story but i was also a little annoyed about the length of the movie.... overall i think angelina did play a good role (but this may be due to good writers)

Laura Palmer
I thought it was rather boring.
But Jolie was indeed very good.

VietBronx
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I just saw this movie last weekend and I got to say its the best movie I have seen all year long.Probably one of my favorites of all time.

Do you watch many movies?

K.Canton
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah he was great.

I keep hearing this. My sister saw this film and greatly enjoyed it, so I'll have to get out and watch it soon.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
I watched it a few weeks ago and really liked it, the only negative for me was the score, didn't like it at all.

She is brilliant in the film you mentioned. Have you seen Gia? A Mighty Heart?

She usually picks a lot of duds, but when she gets a good film where it brings out her acting, she is brilliant and it's not overrated.

great to FINALLY see some people responding to this great movie. Happy Dance with the other reponses I have finally gotten here,I can keep this thread alive.To answer your question,no I havent seen those 2 movies.I will have to see them sometime since I really liked her work in this movie.

bananen
I've also seen the movie and thought it was great. It had a long duration but i didn't care bout it, since the movie was very interesting.

Mr Parker
good deal. smile

Paola
Loved it!... well no, I'm the mother of a 10 year-old so the subject was too much for me to handle but as a huge Angelina Jolie fan I managed to see the whole thing... I didn't think I would see her in a role like this and when I would, I wouldn't buy it.... but I did, she convinced me and even made me cry.

Mr Parker
Made you cry? wow.yeah it was pretty touching.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment

you should see THIS one.its really good.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DrewFelton
i have somewhat mixed feelings about this movie... i liked the overall dedication by the film writers to honor the actual truthfulness of the story but i was also a little annoyed about the length of the movie.... overall i think angelina did play a good role (but this may be due to good writers)

annoyed by length of fim? It wasnt even that long. confused it had something to do with the writers of course but the writing had nothing to do with her great acting performance she gave and remember,this is coming from a guy who isnt even an angelina jolle fan.

MildPossession
That part of my post was a reply to someone who said her acting is overrated.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Laura Palmer
I thought it was rather boring.
But Jolie was indeed very good.

boring? well im sorry to hear you dont enjoy movies based on true events and are authentic.myself, I love them.

cinelover
I did watch this movie... Angelina looking great as usual..

sheila143
i am a great fan of the Joli,this film rock

Mr Parker
Originally posted by VietBronx
Do you watch many movies?

uh yeah,WHY do you ask that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Canton
I keep hearing this. My sister saw this film and greatly enjoyed it, so I'll have to get out and watch it soon.

I hope you do that.

D-Wag
This film was awesome, had no clue some of that stuff was going to happen in the film...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've seen this..

Very good movie..

Angelina Jolie may get nominated

very deserving of it thats for sure.

b00mersl8
I just watched the Changling last weekend. It was a great movie! And I don't even like Angelina Jolie. It was heartbreakingly sad though...

WhiskeyGirl
I really enjoyed the movie. I wished it was a bit more indepth though....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.