Orion Vs Karate Kid w/twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Zero Hour Karate Kid and Orion can't use the Astro Force.

occultdestroyer
A New God against a human???

WTF were you smoking?

iceman24567
Its not what I was smoking thats for sure.

cloud102
He's just not a human, but an evolved human who can amp his strength, speed, and durability. And has gone up against kryptonians and Daxamites to boot. Does anyone know anything about Val here?

TricksterPriest
Val is good. But I'm honestly not sure if he can win this one. Orion is no slouch, and is actually among the most skilled fighters for his level. He's a new god martial arts master among his other abilities. Plus, he has a rediculous healing factor and godly stamina.

cloud102
Yeah, Orion has mastered the art of warfare across the universe and practically almost defeated the greatest martial artist in the universe, while in a weakened pacifist state.

But calling Val, "good" doesn't begin to explain how skilled Val is. I see Orion putting up a long fight, but eventually losing to the greatest martial artist in western comics.

I'm Bran
KK

cloud102
Anyone want to see Val avoid lightning by "ducking"? The first time, not the second time.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/KarateKid13-04.jpg

TricksterPriest
How is Val going to put him down? Orion has sustained fatal wounds to every area on his body from Darkseid's assasins using apokoliptian weapons. And he still regenerated in 2 panels. And this was when he wasn't using the AF.

cloud102
Pressure points, finding weak points in his body. Val has SHATTERED the Eye of Ekron and that was said to be indestructible. He also damaged Interon and not even PRE-CRISIS bricks were able to completely destroy it.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How is Val going to put him down? Orion has sustained fatal wounds to every area on his body from Darkseid's assasins using apokoliptian weapons. And he still regenerated in 2 panels. And this was when he wasn't using the AF. Orion can't be put down.

New fact.

TricksterPriest
Never said that. Since you're quoting Inertron and Eye of Ekron, I'm guessing this is one of the uber versions of Val?

beast1234
Orion martial arts skills rivals karate kid.

TricksterPriest
Hell nah. Nobody on this board will make that claim. Without the AF to use, even for amping, Orion may be outgunned. But....Val may lose by attrition.

The Great Galen
Orion is one of the most formidable MA's in DCU....but still fails to compare to KK's trully trully Godly level of MA ability. Orion's stats are still overall better, since he is able to match Supes and a slew of other peak heralds and even overcome this. Val put's up a good and long fight....but a new god is jus above what any human can hope to accomplish even for the likes of Val.

beast1234
Orion written well has martial arts skills that rivals karate kid. Orion martial arts skills is on the range of superhuman level but then again it depend on who writing him the only people who has written Orion well are Walt simonson,Jack Kirby,John Bryne and Mark Evanier.
orion#5
new gods vol.3 #9
new gods vol.3 #10
jack kirby fourth world #7

The Great Galen
Yes, Orion should tehnically be a few elvels short of KK ability...and that' s still very impressive.

beast1234
orion#5
new gods vol.3 #9
new gods vol.3 #10

If you read these comics you see how skilled Orion is.

Lord Feron
KK can beat Orion (at his best) unsure about his current, unless he was never ret-coned. Orion can hang with KK i believe in a h2h combat. Unfortunately Orion is a new god and has al the physical powerset of one. KK might be able to land more hits and smack orion around a tiny bit. But I don't think KK can with withstand blows from Orion (after a long fight at least). Like trickster said KK will lose due to attrition. (but give KK they same physical attributes he would freaking rape orion silly)

beast1234
Originally posted by Lord Feron
KK can beat Orion (at his best) unsure about his current, unless he was never ret-coned. Orion can hang with KK i believe in a h2h combat. Unfortunately Orion is a new god and has al the physical powerset of one. KK might be able to land more hits and smack orion around a tiny bit. But I don't think KK can with withstand blows from Orion (after a long fight at least). Like trickster said KK will lose due to attrition. (but give KK they same physical attributes he would freaking rape orion silly)

what are you talking about Orion martial arts skills around karate kid levels

check out
orion#5
new gods vol.3 #9
new gods vol.3 #10
orion #16

cloud102
Orion isn't as skilled. For a top tier, he is the best, but not on PC Val.

TricksterPriest
OP said ZH Val, not PC.

cloud102
Zero Hour was essentially on Pre-Crisis Val level. Able to tag Flash level characters (Don Allen), Able to dodge Mon-El, and is skilled in EVERY martial arts in the universe. More than Orion can say.

The Great Galen
No one is claiming he is Val's equal, just that he is comparable which is still very impressive.

beast1234
look i have already give you guys the issue to prove that orion martial arts skills is comparable to karate kid

cloud102
I know what Orion can do. He is one of my fav characters, but those issue don't prove anything.

beast1234
have you read these issue.

cloud102
Of course I have. I'm an Orion fanboy. I just don't think he's on Val's leauge, seeing that Val has MASTERED every MA in the universe. Where has Orion said this? Unless I'm forgetting something.

beast1234
Mastering different style of martial arts in the universe dose not make you a skilled fighter. All it prove is that you know different form of fighting art is all about the individual skills. Take Lobo for example he not a martial arist he a brwaler but he is class has one of the top fighter in the universe because his street fighting skills rival that of a top martial arist in the DC universe. The reason why orion and karate are class has top fighters is not because they know countless martial arts arcross the universe is because they can do superhuman fighting technique that is nearly impossible for a humanoid to do. That the reason why karate kid is able to hold is own against superboy not because he has masterd countless martial arts style arcross the universe is because his fighting skills are superhuman allowing him to perform superhuman blows.

cloud102
Originally posted by beast1234
Mastering different style of martial arts in the universe dose not make you a skilled fighter. All it prove is that you know different form of fighting art is all about the individual skills. Take Lobo for example he not a martial arist he a brwaler but he is class has one of the top fighter in the universe because his street fighting skills rival that of a top martial arist in the DC universe. The reason why orion and karate are class has top fighters is not because they know countless martial arts arcross the universe is because they can do superhuman fighting technique that is nearly impossible for a humanoid to do. That the reason why karate kid is able to hold is own against superboy not because he has masterd countless martial arts style arcross the universe is because his fighting skills are superhuman allowing him to perform superhuman blows.

Oh, I agree with most of that, BUT Val did state he knows a form of martial art that enables him to combat meta humans.

beast1234
In new god issue 2 vol.3 Orion single handly took on the Monitors by using sheer fighting skills. Orion stated that they fighting skills are legendary meaning that they are deadly fighters by Orion standed.

beast1234
orion wins

I'm Bran
Never said that. Since you're quoting Inertron and Eye of Ekron, I'm guessing this is one of the uber versions of Val? You just used a feat where Orion had fatal wounds to every part of his body and healed very fast from it. How are you supposed to put someone down that has done that?

Ignoring that he's been beaten before.

batdude123
Originally posted by I'm Bran
You just used a feat where Orion had fatal wounds to every part of his body and healed very fast from it. How are you supposed to put someone down that has done that?

Ignoring that he's been beaten before.

I see what you're doing you naughty son of a *****.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by batdude123
I see what you're doing you naughty son of a *****. Oh me!

beast1234
hmm

beast1234
Orion is one of the most powerful warrior in the universe

TricksterPriest
Has Val ever beaten a Superman level character in a prolonged fistfight?

cloud102
Has Val ever beaten a Superman level character in a prolonged fistfight?

Zero Hour Val made a kryptonian level being cough up blood and dodged equus. Also sparred with Mon-el, who is physically above Orion in strength.

beast1234
In new god vol.3 issue 2 Orion took on six Monitors. The Monitors(new genesis elite soldiers) are one of the deadly fighters in the universe Orion stated that they fighting skills are legendary meaning that they are deadly fighters by Orion standed and he took them on single handly by using relaying his martial arts skills.

cloud102
Val took on an entire prisons worth of the most dangerous criminals and won. Val also took out Emerald Empress with just a couple simple moves by hearing her hear beat MILES away. Orion isn't nearly half as impressive as Val in the skillz department.

Nihilist
orion

beast1234
Originally posted by cloud102
Val took on an entire prisons worth of the most dangerous criminals and won. Val also took out Emerald Empress with just a couple simple moves by hearing her hear beat MILES away. Orion isn't nearly half as impressive as Val in the skillz department.

The Monitors are one of the most dangerous fighters in the universe and orion took them on single handly by using sheer martial arts skills

cloud102
That's what they say about everyone. Thing is, Orion isn't as skilled and hasn't shown the skills Val has.

beast1234
i said before it depend on the writers some ignorant about orion personality. The only comic writer how have written Orion well are Walt simonson,Jack Kirby,John Bryne and Mark Evanier. and these writers portrayed Orion has being one of the greastest martial arist in the DC universe.

beast1234
Originally posted by cloud102
That's what they say about everyone. Thing is, Orion isn't as skilled and hasn't shown the skills Val has.

it was stated that the Monitors have legendary fighting skills

cloud102
Everything is stated. Monitors are probably not even close to Val. Unless they have feats to back it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.