Whos gonna be two face ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
If harvey Dent is dead who is gonna play two face in the next movie ? confused or have i missed something?

Master Crimzon
... WTF?!

I think you missed something, yes. Big time. Harvey Dent and Two-Face are, y'know, the same person. If Harvey Dent is dead (literally), there is no Two-Face. And even if only the Harvey Dent 'persona' is dead, then we don't need a different actor. Because Harvey and Two-Face are physically the same person. Okay? Played by a guy called Aaron Eckhart.

Not that it matters anyway, because Harvey is confirmed dead by Eckhart, the TDK novelization, and Nolan himself.

Kovacs86
I think I'm the one missing something...

What the **** IS wrong with "Coolmovies"???

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
... WTF?!

I think you missed something, yes. Big time. Harvey Dent and Two-Face are, y'know, the same person. If Harvey Dent is dead (literally), there is no Two-Face. And even if only the Harvey Dent 'persona' is dead, then we don't need a different actor. Because Harvey and Two-Face are physically the same person. Okay? Played by a guy called Aaron Eckhart.

Not that it matters anyway, because Harvey is confirmed dead by Eckhart, the TDK novelization, and Nolan himself.

As much as I'd like to believe the TDK novelization, I just can't..

As for Nolan and Eckhart, I don't believe them either at this point, I'll wait until Batman 3 starts to casted

Master Crimzon
Umm... no. Do you honestly think Nolan will go for the cheapest trick conceivable and resurrect Two-Face? Do you think he's lying? Do you honestly think he didn't consider whether or not to kill off Two-Face? He's not an idiot. Two-Face was thrown off a tall-as-shit building- Batman himself had to use a grapple gun to save Gordon's son and himself. This is bound to kill Two-Face, if Nolan is going for realism.

As long as Nolan will make Batman 3, Two-Face is going to stay dead. Thankfully.

BruceSkywalker
Umm... no. Do you honestly think Nolan will go for the cheapest trick conceivable and resurrect Two-Face? Do you think he's lying? Do you honestly think he didn't consider whether or not to kill off Two-Face? He's not an idiot. Two-Face was thrown off a tall-as-shit building- Batman himself had to use a grapple gun to save Gordon's son and himself. This is bound to kill Two-Face, if Nolan is going for realism.

As long as Nolan will make Batman 3, Two-Face is going to stay dead. Thankfully.

I just do not believe that Harvey Dent/Two Face is dead..

He survived a hospital being blown up, he survived a limo crashing and flipping over and yet just because he falls from a ledge he is dead..
Just my opionion, but I really don't think so..

No Nolan is not an idiot, but he has yet to resign, so until he does and until the script is written and parts are leaked, again anything coming out of Chris Nolan's mouth is not to be believed, IMO

It may not be a cheap trick whatsoever, as a matter of fact, originally Harvey was not even going to become Two Face, but as they were filming Nolan decided to add him..

BTW, Nice conversation we are having..

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

He survived a hospital being blown up, he survived a limo crashing and flipping over and yet just because he falls from a ledge he is dead..

No Nolan is not an idiot, but he has yet to resign, so until he does and until the script is written and parts are leaked, again anything coming out of Chris Nolan's mouth is not to be believed, IMO

It may not be a cheap trick whatsoever, as a matter of fact, originally Harvey was not even going to become Two Face, but as they were filming Nolan decided to add him..

Dent is dead. Gordon and Batman said it themselves. Dent died the hero that Gotham needed. Two-Face however is still alive. Dent died because if Gotham found out how corrupted he turned then they would lose what little faith they gained so to the public Dent is dead and Two-Face is some random guy that just came into town to them.

Wei Phoenix
... WTF?!

Did they ever say Two-Face is dead? Harvey is dead because he could never go back to the person that he was but Two-Face has yet to be said if he was dead.

Master Crimzon

Well, he could- presumably- already have escaped from the hospital. As for the limo crashing thing? He had a seatbelt on. All protection. And therefore less direct damage to himself.

'Just' falls from a ledge? Presumably you have a copy of the DVD. Now, look at the part where Batman falls from it. Now, Batman was hurled down with considerably less momentum (lost his grip versus being thrown by a physically powerful man) and has the advantage of bullet-stopping armor. Still, he is visibly shaken from the fall.

People die falling from these heights all the time.

This shows that Nolan doesn't give a damn about a sequel, primarily. Including Two-Face (and killing him off) means he specifically cares about the events of TDK as a movie, without concern for the events of Batman 3. Harvey Dent's death is the perfect way to end TDK; he also died in a very realistic way. Revealing that he is alive will reduce the power of Batman's decision to, essentially, kill Two-Face, and take away from the Joker's triumph and the film's moral conflict.

Nolan understands that. He's not the type of filmmaker to lessen the artistic quality of his films in order to create a money-making sequel. I do believe we should take everything he says a definite truth.

Yeah, it's cool.

Master Crimzon
Sorry for double post, didn't notice Phoenix.

Here's confirmation with Aaron Eckhart:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Aaron-Eckhart-Confirms-Two-Face-s-Fate-10039.html

Unless Eckhart is lying (no reason), Nolan is lying (bad idea for him), or the article is bullshit (it appears on multiple places in the net, though), Two-Face and Harvey are dead. Aaron's character- which is both of them- is dead.

Don't look for loopholes and don't write what they're saying as bullshit. Two-Face/Harvey Dent/The blond dude/The disfigured guy/Rachel's squeeze/the DA is DEAD. Do you people need any more clarification?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dent is dead. Gordon and Batman said it themselves. Dent died the hero that Gotham needed. Two-Face however is still alive. Dent died because if Gotham found out how corrupted he turned then they would lose what little faith they gained so to the public Dent is dead and Two-Face is some random guy that just came into town to them.

Actually not really, they don't specifically say that..

As a matter of fact neither one really doesn't check for a pulse..

You do remember prior to shooting the limo driver Dent takes off his seat belt and in rapid succession, he shoots the driver and we see the limo crash and tumble,,

I watch the DVD every couple of days and also remember where exactly is the blood from Harvey's fall??

See, that's why I am not going to believe too much of what Chris Nolan is saying right now because even he doesn't know what will be in Batman 3.. I'm not calling Nolan a liar that's so from it, I've been a fan of his way before he took the job, I'm just choosing not to believe anything right now until there is concrete evidence when the Batman 3 script is finally written

Talk to you later

First_Tsurugi06
Actually not really, they don't specifically say that..B]

Eckhart sure as hell did.

Ridley_Prime
I don't like how some people are saying he's dead like it's a good thing. stick out tongue Granted, I agree that he shouldn't be brought back, as much as I would like to see more Face (he's my favorite Batman villain ever). In the movie, the emphasis was put on Dent rather than Two-Face. A genius move as Harvey is very tragic and captures the audiences emotions. Although Two-Face didn't have that much screen-time, he served his purpose.

An ode to Gotham's White Knight:

7p4_o1hYqug

smile
Honestly, if Heath Ledger gets an oscar, so should Aaron Eckhart. He has like, some of my most favorite movie quotes now, unlike the Two-Face in Batman Forever. He was just a Joker clone whose face was covered in lip-stick (half of it anyway). He would even keep flipping his coin until he got what he wanted.. Kind of an insult to the character.

But yeah. Eckhart did a great job.

Master Crimzon
You do remember prior to shooting the limo driver Dent takes off his seat belt and in rapid succession, he shoots the driver and we see the limo crash and tumble,,

Umm, no, he puts the seatbelt on. Why the **** would he take it off? He's not trying to kill himself; he's trying to kill Maroni.

watch the DVD every couple of days and also remember where exactly is the blood from Harvey's fall??

Dude. Don't even go through that route.

1. In order to avoid an R-rating, TDK doesn't have blood in it. Period.

2. Harvey Dent's fall didn't necessarily penetrate his skin. This kind of fall results in internal hemorrhage and bones breaking. Especially the neck. His ski

See, that's why I am not going to believe too much of what Chris Nolan is saying right now because even he doesn't know what will be in Batman 3.. I'm not calling Nolan a liar that's so from it, I've been a fan of his way before he took the job, I'm just choosing not to believe anything right now until there is concrete evidence when the Batman 3 script is finally written

Okay, let's look at it this way. Nolan wrote TDK without a thought for a sequel, which is probably why it's so good. He also stated- VERY confidently (according to Eckhart)- that Two-Face is dead. If he wasn't 100% sure of it, he wouldn't say it. Does he seem like the filmmaker to go ahead and alter the events of his movies in order to make another one? No, definitely not.

Also, Harvey Dent actually dying adds to the overall strength of the movie. I don't think Nolan will be interested in reducing TDK's emotional punch.

steverules_2

He survived the explosion because Joker helped him escape and the limo was because he wore a seat belt which a crash like that I think would save you I've seen people live in movies from crashes like that and worse just because they wore a seat belt

Ridley_Prime
*sees that I was ignored in the midst of this arguement/debate*
*re-reads the thread*

Okay.. this is just silly. Can't we simply appreciate Eckhart's Two-Face for what it was and move on?

steverules_2
Originally posted by coolmovies
If harvey Dent is dead who is gonna play two face in the next movie ? confused or have i missed something?

Yes...in the third movie it turns out Rachel isn't dead and she also had half her face burnt off and so now she's out for revenge as the new two face

Ridley_Prime
crylaugh

steverules_2
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
crylaugh

It's nice to go out of 2008 with making someone laugh 313

BruceSkywalker
OK, I purposely waited to respond..

I am totally and unequivically right, I have watched TDK numerous times. Last night I re watched it and I AM CORRECT.. Harvey Dent clearly takes off his seat belt, shoots the limo driver and then we see the limo clearly crash and tumble over..

Remember when Harvey is in the hospital and he pulls off his bandages , there is a little bit of blood when is talking to Gordon as well as The Joker...

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
*sees that I was ignored in the midst of this arguement/debate*
*re-reads the thread*

Okay.. this is just silly. Can't we simply appreciate Eckhart's Two-Face for what it was and move on?

I agree

Master Crimzon
OK, I purposely waited to respond..

I am totally and unequivically right, I have watched TDK numerous times. Last night I re watched it and I AM CORRECT.. Harvey Dent clearly takes off his seat belt, shoots the limo driver and then we see the limo clearly crash and tumble over..

No, he puts it on. Trust me. I have the video on my computer and I just watched it now. I mean, as in, five seconds ago.

Remember when Harvey is in the hospital and he pulls off his bandages , there is a little bit of blood when is talking to Gordon as well as The Joker...

No, there isn't. It's just Two-Face's complexion.

Final Blaxican
Crimzon is right. He put the seat belt on.

steverules_2
I took the liberty of screen shotting the limo scene, Harvey doesn't take his belt off he's putting it on which is what I thought in the first place:

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seatbeltxn3.jpg

Master Crimzon
Of course Crimzon is right. Crimzon is always right.

steverules_2
I like to wear womens underwear, I like the feel of the fabric no expression

wink uh huh

Keehar
Two Face is dead.

BruceSkywalker
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I know I am right..

However I'll ask someone else..

steverules_2

I just watched the scene he puts on a seat belt, c'mon bruce you gotta believe me on this

Final Blaxican

no expression

You are absolutely, positively, 100% dead wrong.

Doc Ock
Harvey puts on a seatbelt.

How can you construe it as anything else? It's so obvious.

steverules_2
Maybe he's joking...I mean it is very obvious that Dent is putting on a seat belt...you even see him reach for the seat belt

Badabing
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dent is dead. Gordon and Batman said it themselves. Dent died the hero that Gotham needed. Two-Face however is still alive. Dent died because if Gotham found out how corrupted he turned then they would lose what little faith they gained so to the public Dent is dead and Two-Face is some random guy that just came into town to them. That's what I was thinking too.

Myth
Yep, clear as day that he was putting the buckle on.

*Conversation with no seat belt on*
*Then grabs the seatbelt and extends it across his lap*
*Clicking noise* (which would come first if he was unfastening)

BruceSkywalker

Young man this is a very rare occasion,

I'm hardly ever wrong, but this one time I am..

You have my respect..

Feel free to chat with me about anything..

Originally posted by steverules_2
I just watched the scene he puts on a seat belt, c'mon bruce you gotta believe me on this

Just this one time smile big grin

Master Crimzon
I'll hold you to that stick out tongue. But it's going to come back to you and you know it.

I'm evil. MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

steverules_2
Young man this is a very rare occasion,

I'm hardly ever wrong, but this one time I am..

You have my respect..

Feel free to chat with me about anything..

Just this one time smile big grin

Once again I defeat you wink whats that...twice now and you've defeated me...let me think...uhm.....oh yeah zero stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Once again I defeat you wink whats that...twice now and you've defeated me...let me think...uhm.....oh yeah zero stick out tongue

In time my young padawan big grin laughing laughing

steverules_2
In time my young padawan big grin laughing laughing

The padawan has become the master my friend wink

BruceSkywalker
The padawan has become the master my friend wink

Neva stick out tongue

steverules_2
Sorry buddy stick out tongue wink

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Kovacs86
I think I'm the one missing something...

What the **** IS wrong with "Coolmovies"???

I second that. I saw the title of the thread and was "Who in the world would ask this stupid questi...oh wait its Coolmovies, that makes sense."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.