Justice League vs Ymir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Batman

vs

Ymir

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13968/297091-161205-ymir_super.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Justice League.

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Justice League. how powerful is Ymir? I don't know much about him.

guy222
On his best days, he rivals Surtur

On his worse days, he's had trouble with lesser foes

And he returns

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Starscream M
how powerful is Ymir? I don't know much about him.

According to the Guru that is Wiki, in Norse mythology Odin used Yimirs flesh, bones blah, blah, stuff to make the earth.

Kris Blaze
tbh, Superman could possibly heat vision him -.-

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
tbh, Superman could possibly heat vision him -.-

confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
YMIR is much like Surtur. They have battled and neither has beaten the other. YMIR FTW

Mrblonde
Isn't Ymir on the same level as Odin if so, Ymir wins

batdude123
What is Ymir's best feat?

Mindset
Beating the Justice League

batdude123
Oh shizzle

draxx_tOfU
neither Ymir or Surtur would beat the JL...

Mindset
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
neither Ymir or Surtur would beat the JL... Shut up

draxx_tOfU
truth hurts...

Mrblonde
Originally posted by batdude123
What is Ymir's best feat?

Throwing down with Odin ?

batdude123
Originally posted by Mrblonde
Throwing down with Odin ?

Feat.

Slaanesh
if ymir is really on odin level..he beats the JL..

tkitna
Ymir should win.

Really.

xJLxKing
JL, they go a lot more people.

Mindset
Originally posted by xJLxKing
JL, they go a lot more people. no expression

cloud102
Ymir.

X-43D
Originally posted by Starscream M
Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Batman

vs

Ymir

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13968/297091-161205-ymir_super.jpg

Justice league will overcome Ymir in my opinion. While Batman is probably the weakest member in the Justice league, they have Superman and Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are almost as strong as Superman.

I believe the Justice League will figure out a way together how to defeat Ymir. They have 7 members 3 of them very powerful and Ymir is only one.

Bentley
If Ymir is an sky father level asgardian he would one-shot Superman and put down the whole team rather swiftly. I say if because that still needs to be proven.

UKR
If Ymir is on Odin's par, the Justice League doesn't stand a chance. He just blows up whatever galaxy they're in and that would be the end of the JLA.

psycho gundam
the spell of fire and ice summoned both ymir and surtur to a battle once, and the only way to get rid of them was to trick them into banging their weapons together. (which caused a rift in space)

ymir and surtur are pretty much equal if not greater in power to odin so... without a powerful magician present, the jla are in for a slow losing battle.

UKR
I would call it a rapid burning or freezing death, myself. If Ymir is Odin-level or higher the JLA will die practically instantly. In only one shot, really.

psycho gundam
he doesn't have odin's power, he's just an odin level beast.

iirc his only powers are:

- fast regeneration/rebuilding of damaged form via ice. he can even regenerate after being completely shattered. (though it takes extreme force to do so)

- magical generation of extreme cold temperatures. the habitat surrounding ymir is under his influence, and can be turned into a tundra in moments.

- just as strong as surtur, whom himself is on of the strongest beings in marvel.

- total immortality.

ymir is approximately 1000 feet tall and weighs several thousand tons.

his only weaknesses are his vulnerabilities to intense heat, which can cause him to melt (though he can return from it) and the fact that ymir's intelligence is ancient and mostly devoted to destruction. (he's basically a monster with a limited thought process outside the realm of clubbing cities to shit)

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
no expression
PS and Spectre is in the JLA so I don't see why not.

Naija boy
PS and Spectre is in the JLA so I don't see why not.

Yup im sure u saw spectre and PS included in the OP. smile

Spire
So how does he deal with HV?

Mrblonde
Originally posted by Spire
So how does he deal with HV?

He'll either shrug it off or if he melts anything of his he can just regrow it

Spire
So I guess Superman will keep HVing off his limbs, head, etc. until someone gets bored.

Mindset
PS and Spectre is in the JLA so I don't see why not. no expression

jrodslam
JL

iceman24567
The League wins.

Mindset
How?

V.S
Hmmm, Ymir might be a peak skyfather characters but the combined might of the entire JL fighting at full capcity would be to much for any character below abstract to overcome IMO....JL takes it.

Mindset
Originally posted by V.S
Hmmm, Ymir might be a peak skyfather characters but the combined might of the entire JL fighting at full capcity would be to much for any character below abstract to overcome IMO....JL takes it. It's not the entire JL, it's the members listed in the first post.

V.S
I know, we have some peak heralds in Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash and Martian Manhunter. IMO, working together and ulilizing there powers to full capcity....I just think anyone characters below abstrac would have a hard time let alone taking the majority.

Mindset
Originally posted by V.S
I know, we have some peak heralds in Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash and Martian Manhunter. IMO, working together and ulilizing there powers to full capcity....I just think anyone characters below abstrac would have a hard time let alone taking the majority. Oh, well, you're wrong.

V.S
Well I respectfully disagree, just don't see a lot of characters taking all these characters combined.

Mindset
Do you have 20/20 vision?

Naija boy
Ymir stalemates surtur the Firedemon, people who think that superman Hvs him or whatever cant be serious.

V.S
A lot of these characters have some wins and even good showings agaisnt powerful skyfathers and even abstracts on there own....don't think it's to unreasonable to suggest a full capcity JL would be to much for anyone under abstract.

Mindset
Originally posted by V.S
A lot of these characters have some wins and even good showings agaisnt powerful skyfathers and even abstracts on there own....don't think it's to unreasonable to suggest a full capcity JL would be to much for anyone under abstract. Examples?

UKR
Originally posted by V.S
I know, we have some peak heralds in Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash and Martian Manhunter. IMO, working together and ulilizing there powers to full capcity....I just think anyone characters below abstrac would have a hard time let alone taking the majority.

Peak herald? Maybe Hulk-level at most. When Superman can destroy a planet with his finger, then he's a herald. The idea that he would even register to the Silver Surfer is just fanboyism.

V.S
Originally posted by UKR
Peak herald? Maybe Hulk-level at most. When Superman can destroy a planet with his finger, then he's a herald. The idea that he would even register to the Silver Surfer is just fanboyism.

Actually, you're post right now is just a perfect example of fanboyism....it's such a obvious bias it really isn't even worth addressing. Anyhow Supes,Jordan,Flash and to a lesser extent MH and Diana are all powerful characters in there own right but working together....the combined might is just to overwhealming.

V.S
Originally posted by Naija boy
Ymir stalemates surtur the Firedemon, people who think that superman Hvs him or whatever cant be serious.

I agree that on there own, none of these characters would stand a chance....but together is a different story.

Naija boy
Originally posted by V.S
I agree that on there own, none of these characters would stand a chance....but together is a different story.

IT makes little to no difference as skyfather level and above characters are capable of oneshotting them without much trouble.

V.S
Originally posted by Naija boy
IT makes little to no difference as skyfather level and above characters are capable of oneshotting them without much trouble.

I think the only charaters in fear of getting oneshotted would be Diana,AM and obviously bruce. Flash has his speed,jordan his versatility,supes his strength and MH his TP.......together I think these 4 are to much IMO.

UKR
I'm not some fanboy...Superman can't even move a crappy planet after Crisis. He's not cosmic like he was 30 years ago. I'm sure most of the time even Green Lanterns don't blow up planets. They usually lose to Superman, lulz.

skygunner41
Originally posted by UKR
I'm not some fanboy...Superman can't even move a crappy planet after Crisis. He's not cosmic like he was 30 years ago. I'm sure most of the time even Green Lanterns don't blow up planets. They usually lose to Superman, lulz.

Why does he need to move a planet...and GL need to blow up planet ?

UKR
I think it's reasonable that in order to qualify as herald-level, a character would need to be at least planet-destroying, and on a regular basis (keep in mind that many characters who are not on the Silver Surfer's par have been able to mess with a planet now and then. The Hulk has done it, and he's no herald).

skygunner41
Originally posted by UKR
I think it's reasonable that in order to qualify as herald-level, a character would need to be at least planet-destroying, and on a regular basis (keep in mind that many characters who are not on the Silver Surfer's par have been able to mess with a planet now and then. The Hulk has done it, and he's no herald).

But both supes and GL are both heroes they protect the planet not to destroy it unlike those whose been mention.

Nestical
Originally posted by iceman24567
The League wins. geek

UKR
Originally posted by skygunner41
But both supes and GL are both heroes they protect the planet not to destroy it unlike those whose been mention.

Protecting a planet has nothing to do with being powerful enough to blow it up.

skygunner41
Originally posted by UKR

Exactly why do you think supes and GL require to destroy planet ..on what account?

Allankles
Originally posted by UKR

Since when can't Supes or a GL blow a planet? GL's put planets together in their, by-the-numbers missions (and these are rookies). Supes can envelope entire planets with his HV which is hotter than a type 2 Supernova & it has no measured upper limit, and in a recent JL run he moved Earth.

He threatened to destroy the planet against some Earth elementals in For Tomorrow, and described to them how he'd do it. .

Supes is entertained by Skyfathers (even asked to join their ranks), he's fought abstract beings by himself, absorbed galaxy busting attacks and all this is post crisis. Sometimes he seems to operate a tier above his peers.

To even think that SS wouldn't recognize him, SS who's a herald when Supes' been entertained by beings well above Surfer shows ridiculous amounts of bias.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by V.S
I think the only charaters in fear of getting oneshotted would be Diana,AM and obviously bruce. Flash has his speed,jordan his versatility,supes his strength and MH his TP.......together I think these 4 are to much IMO.

laughing

Wow!!!

TricksterPriest
It certainly wouldn't be the first time the JLA have beaten skyfathers or higher level beings. srug

Occasionally by plot device, but they have proven to have some of the best teamwork in comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
YMIR without much trouble sans supes.

tdazz
Ymir ftw.

Lord Feron
Ymir wins in KMC
League wins in comics...

guy222
Ymir takes down Thor

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6590/59290978.th.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2789/92314791.th.jpg

Ymir takes out New and Dark Avengers

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5161/72691081.th.jpg

guysangel
Great scans baby

WhiteWitchKing
LOL. Ymir wins this. Think Iceman but skyfather level. Flash? Captain Cold but skyfather level instead. Bruce, well he'd die when his blood gets frozen.

Looking at Thor's condition in those scans, the JLA goes down hard.

Warlord
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Ymir wins in KMC
League wins in comics...

what comic is this from?
did Thor have the ODinforce in this one?

guy222
Its Avengers FCBD

It was a free comic

Warlord
Originally posted by guy222
Its Avengers FCBD

It was a free comic

thanx man

Survivor19
The only way League can win is via BFR.
That means either Bruce pulls outta his belt something that banishes Ymir to Phantom Zone, or Flash imprisons him with Speedforce, or GL somehow throws him into orbit and into the sun.

And i doubrt they can pull it.

guy222
Originally posted by Warlord
thanx man

ur welcome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.