star warsa battlefront 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

apocalyptic
hi does any 1 have any information on star wars battlefront 3 and what do u think they wud make different about this games. i.e. more sith and jedi cheers

Faunus
This might be something.

Lord Knightfa11
the problem is it got canceled. SWBFII was so incomplete it doesn't matter if they make another, it will just feel unfinished and short and like a mod for BFII and i will hate it. Because it sucks.

-Knightfall

Fan Skywalker
I am not so sure it got cancelled i hear that Rebellion (developers) has taken the job of developing SWBFIII.

Lethal Rogue
I hope they make it. I loved SWBFII

Captain REX
I can't say I've heard any news, other than that link that Faunus just supplied.

Cpt. Valerian
I would love a BF for the 360.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
I would love a BF for the 360. Lmao!

Gideon
I would like a Battlefront for the 360 as well. Hopefully, it will be much larger and more refined than the previous two installments. I liked the idea of the campaign, but while the story was compelling, the scenarios were nearly identical.

If they could switch 'em up, that'd be great. Then again, I'm also hoping for either a novelization of DE that retcons the comic and a TFU-style video game to go along with it.

Red Nemesis
Gideon, the word 'either' is incorrectly placed, as you didn't offer us two different alternatives; you joined the two items (DE novel w/retcon and a videogame to go with it.) What is the other option that you meant to add?

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
If they could switch 'em up, that'd be great. Then again, I'm also hoping for either a novelization of DE that retcons the comic and a TFU-style video game to go along with it. A novelization would just be a retelling of the same events; regardless of how well it is written, the idea of Palpatine resurrecting himself will forever remain retarded.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
A novelization would just be a retelling of the same events;

Not really.

One of my major complaints with the comic is that the story and dialogue were written to be placed before the Thrawn Trilogy in the continuity; that's why the New Republic is referred to as "the Rebellion," and why you don't see the likes of Mara Jade or Pellaeon. Not to mention adding obscure and retarded planets and names into the mix. LFL would later retcon that Jade was embroiled in a battle with Cronal and trying to save Katarn from the dark side of the Force, that Pellaeon was fighting off-screen for Palpatine, and the reborn Emperor was responsible for Thrawn's assassination. It still doesn't work.

Retconning and trashing the comic allows for a well-written novelization to replace it, adding elements from the new movies and EU material.

For the most part, I agree. That said, DE won't be removed from the canon family anytime soon. And I can handle Lumiya's explanation for why Palpatine's resurrection is applicable as well as the implications of subsequent EU.

You have to understand, Faunus, Palpatine is the Star Wars villain. He's the best, the smartest, the strongest, the most successful, and the most evil. He is the imbalance in the Force. It'd be satisfying, for once, and well in character, for the bastard to survive even that.

As Publius and Illuminatus Primus and myself have discussed, taking everything into account and relooking at DE, it tells the tale of a man who has lost everything and is simply determined to fight against the will of the Force.

Faunus
Not really.

One of my major complaints with the comic is that the story and dialogue were written to be placed before the Thrawn Trilogy in the continuity; that's why the New Republic is referred to as "the Rebellion," and why you don't see the likes of Mara Jade or Pellaeon. Not to mention adding obscure and retarded planets and names into the mix. LFL would later retcon that Jade was embroiled in a battle with Cronal and trying to save Katarn from the dark side of the Force, that Pellaeon was fighting off-screen for Palpatine, and the reborn Emperor was responsible for Thrawn's assassination. It still doesn't work.

Retconning and trashing the comic allows for a well-written novelization to replace it, adding elements from the new movies and EU material.I meant in regards to the singular event of Palpatine being brought back from the dead. That, and Luke turning to the dark side, are my two biggest gripes with DE.

I wouldn't have cared if Palpatine's survival didn't trample all over the meaning of Darth Vader's final sacrifice.

Gideon
But did Luke really turn?

Faunus

Fine. But the point about Vader still stands.

Gideon

Partially. But I would only take that if all Sith were destroyed. It's not just about killing Palpatine. That means no more Sith. Ever.

kotorfan

yeah thats how I feel. so how come Vader couldn't get resurrected by some random clone that someone prepared? like kinda lame resurrection.

Faunus
Originally posted by kotorfan
yeah thats how I feel. so how come Vader couldn't get resurrected by some random clone that someone prepared? like kinda lame resurrection. Palpatine had it all planned out; when his body was destroyed on the second Death Star, his spirit immediately entered one of the clone bodies that had been prepared beforehand. Vader didn't have a clone to possess, and likely wouldn't have known how to possess it anyway.

It's also likely that, having been redeemed, Skywalker didn't want to live anymore, unlike the ever-plotting Emperor.

Gideon
Yeah, he was a douche.

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Lmao!

LOL, didn't see it before.

kotorfan
I wouldn't have cared if Palpatine's survival didn't trample all over the meaning of Darth Vader's final sacrifice.

lol how would Palpatine be ressurected without ^

Lord Lucien
lol how would Palpatine be ressurected without ^ He wouldn't have been. *everyone cheers*

Nactous
Footage from the canned game

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage?autoplay=true

TheEskimo
That looked awesome!

xxxpoppunker182
they have to keep making BF3 that looked awesome.

although the clone fighting a jedi was gay

kotorfan
Originally posted by Nactous
Footage from the canned game

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage?autoplay=true

when was this released on the site?

Nactous
http://kotaku.com/5132905/heres-star-wars-battlefront-iiis-sith-kenobi?skyline=true&s=x

Nactous
when was this released on the site?

Which site?

Publius II
Kotaku, obviously.

And unfortunately, we won't be playing that game anytime, well, ever.

Gideon
G-A-Y.

The leaked video seemed really awesome, despite the camera's poor quality and the fact that the footage itself seemed rough. The graphics were phenomenal; the movement was impressive; the combat seemed realistic. And the video footage didn't seem to reveal much, but I'm assuming that the campaign involved a stormtrooper/Jedi/Sith hybrid? And I believe I even saw Palpatine in there without his hood on...

Publius II
G-A-Y.

The leaked video seemed really awesome, despite the camera's poor quality and the fact that the footage itself seemed rough. The graphics were phenomenal; the movement was impressive; the combat seemed realistic. And the video footage didn't seem to reveal much, but I'm assuming that the campaign involved a stormtrooper/Jedi/Sith hybrid? And I believe I even saw Palpatine in there without his hood on... I'm fairly certain that was Skywalker's conversion.

The clone dueling the Force-sensitive was peculiar, but I'm glad he got his ass handed to him. The rest was excellent, although the Ewok nad-punch was a little ridiculous. My favorite part was the starfighter weaving between Star Destroyers at ground-level then flying up into orbit, docking in another capital ship, and having the pilot hop out. It looked much better than what we saw in BFII.

IGN and Kotaku also hosted pictures of "Dark Obi-Wan" concept art.

Gideon
Originally posted by Publius II
I'm fairly certain that was Skywalker's conversion.

Perhaps it was an effect of the shadows; are you saying that it was Skywalker's physical corruption a la Palpatine? Is this some sort of Infinities game?

He handled himself remarkably well, I thought. So perhaps his opponent was either toying with him, or he is Force sensitive, or he is a Jedi in a clone's outfit.

I agree. The detail is amazing. There are several criticisms I had for the first BF games that I'd like to see improved upon.

Yeah, it looked awesome.

Publius II
Perhaps it was an effect of the shadows; are you saying that it was Skywalker's physical corruption a la Palpatine? Is this some sort of Infinities game?lol, no. I meant the scene in Revenge of the Sith, after Mace Windu's death, when Anakin is finally converted to the dark side.

He ended up losing, and got knocked back at least four times during the duel; it's impressive enough for a clone, but any more than that would have been a little hard to swallow.

BFII treated the space aspect like an afterthought; I cringed every time somebody made me play a space stage.

Agreed, but Dark Mace would've been cooler.

Nactous
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946024p1.html

Publius II
I provided the link to that same article four posts ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.