What Spidey villains have substance? Part II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

werehawk
OK. Even with the lukewarm response to the eye candy poll (8 votes and 1 or 2 others that think none of the big 3 look cool), I'll move ahead with part II.

Which of the big three Spiderman villains have non-visual qualities that make them appealing? Lets keep the votes and conversation fixated on the comic-verse (so not how they were portrayed in movies or cartoons) and specifically the 616 universe. So things been talking about are personality, great origin, impact on Spiderman etc.

This is part two because I am trying to get to the bottom of why we like (or dislike) Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom. We are talking opinion here so make sure these 'non-visual qualities' are things that make you want to read or buy comics with the characters no matter what they look like. Picturing them each as Aunt May may or may not help.

harri
Well this is difficult, because i do like osborn's background, and his personality. But i think i'll go for dock ock, he looks so fat and pathetic without those 4 metalic arms, but when they do come out...... bloody hell, his personality is brilliant too. Though i don't really like how he became dock ock, it's abit too obvious.

Keehar
Green Goblin and Doc Ock only.

You don't question or wonder why they do what they do. Or why they hate Spider-Man as much as they do.

Doc Ock
Well, it'll come as no surprise for me to say Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin.

steverules_2
Where's Kangaroo man? sad

Magic_attack
Which one?

steverules_2
The one with the kangaroo costume

Magic_attack
I never liked Hibbs.

steverules_2
Any reason?

Magic_attack
He had a lousy reason for becoming a villain. He also had a lousy gimmick.

I think he is dead now though.

steverules_2
How did the kangaroo men die?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Magic_attack
Which one?

There was more than one Kangaroo Man? messed

Magic_attack
Originally posted by steverules_2
How did the kangaroo men die?

Franky boy was blown up or turned to dust somehow.

I am not sure about Hibbs. Last I saw of him he was hanging with Tombstone, but I think he got killed after that.

Originally posted by Doc Ock
There was more than one Kangaroo Man? messed

laughing out loud

As sad as that is, there was more than one. Only one wore the Kangaroo costume though.

steverules_2
And that was Hibbs

Magic_attack
Yeah. Hibbs is your favorite kangaroo costume wearing villain.

steverules_2
Oh yeah for sure cool

Final Blaxican
Venom and Armless Tiger Man. smile

Davis Bloome
I think the poll is fairly flawed, as a great number of Spider-Man's villains have substance.

The Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Venom, Electro, the Lizard, Black Cat (if you consider her an actual villain, of course), etc. There are a lot of villains that have substance when it comes to Spider-Man's rogue's gallery.

KCJ506
Just about all of them except for Carnage.

Mr. Rhythmic
Personality is what keeps the villains interesting.

The Green Goblin is a psychotic, manipulative, self centered bastard that will sell out even his son in order to get what he wants. He's one of my all time favorite villains.

Dr. Octopus is a smug, over confident man that went from a timid mouse to a self proclaimed god. Everything he does is some kind of master plan, whether it be terrorism or the biggest heist in the world.

Venom was a good character back in the 80s not because he was 'the evil Spider-Man', but because he was someone with a twisted sense of justice to an extremely high degree. He protects the innocent... Up to a point. If he finds it necessary to kill someone, he'll do it. If someone was connected to Peter, he'll harass them as much as needed to get to Spidey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.