Surtur w/ Twilight Blade vs. this Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
Surtur w/ Twilight Blade

Thanos
FP Classic Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer
Black Bolt
Sentry
Gladiator
Adam Warlock
Quasar
Genis-Vell
Loki
Apocalypse
Magneto

no BFR, no IG/gems,UN,HOTU, etc.

No Thor, No Odin.

Mrblonde
Surtur

Kris Blaze
Surtur takes these jokers easily.

He can pretty much one-shot anyone and seeing as Odin had to sacrifice his life to banish Surtur, I don't see any of Strange's spells working.

guy222
Surtur

Slaanesh
Surtur

Bouboumaster
Split

Individually, the members of the team are mere annoyance.

However, Thanos, with his technology would probably hold is own, and, with some distraction, would maybe be able to prepare a plan to take him out, with the help of Warlock and Strange.

Not saying that the team wouldn't suffer casualities, but I think that team might win 5/10.

Due to
1- Thanos, being a skyfather and probably able to not being one-shotted, or maybe even endure some attack behind his powerful shields

2- Strategic genius of Thanos / Adam Warlock / Loki

3- Doctor Strange maybe able to call on the Vishantis (He fought Shuma-Gorrath, so why not Surtur?)

4- Knowledge on the opponent, thanks to Loki

5- Powerful distractions in Silver Surfer / Quasar / Gladiator / Genis-Vell

shokosugi
Sentry, Apocalypse and Magneto can also provide alot of distraction.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by shokosugi
Sentry, Apocalypse and Magneto can also provide alot of distraction. ...

shokosugi
Originally posted by I'm Bran

laughing

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Split

However, Thanos, with his technology would probably hold is own, and, with some distraction, would maybe be able to prepare a plan to take him out, with the help of Warlock and Strange.

Not saying that the team wouldn't suffer casualities, but I think that team might win 5/10.

Due to
1- Thanos, being a skyfather and probably able to not being one-shotted, or maybe even endure some attack behind his powerful shields

3- Doctor Strange maybe able to call on the Vishantis (He fought Shuma-Gorrath, so why not Surtur?)

And the fact that Thor/Tarene was a mere nuisance doesn't really sound good for this team. Surtur's army could probably take out of most of these guys.

Utrigita
I think Bouboumaster is working into the assumption that with some kind of Prep the team can most likely gain some wins.

But since there is no Prep the team gets loses hard most of them will most likely be oneshot.

Eternal Idol
Apocalypse would grow taller than Surtur, kick sand in his face, and then steal his girl.

Barring that, Surtur stomps.

durpot

frommd
With no BFR, the team is in trouble.

Philosophía
A simple task for Silver Surfer and even simpler for Thanos with his post-upgrade Galactus throwing Odin pwning levels.

Nihilist
surtur ftw

but if the team work together,they can cause surtur a lot of problems

classic strange and quasar has fought many powerfull demon/cosmic beings and peformed well.

depending on which genis,photon is a handfull,whilst insane was fairly uber.irrc didnt he have a good showing against king thor.

loki has caused surtur problems/harm before.

thanos couldnt be permantly put down by odin w/gungnir who is surtur's equal,so imo he could hang with him for a while.

and the combined forces of warlock,surfer,gladiator,black bolt and sentry at once would be hard to deal with whilst tyring to contend with the others mentioned

Kris Blaze
It wasn't "could not be put down" as much as "managed to survive"

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It wasn't "could not be put down" as much as "managed to survive"
did he put down for the count then,must have missed tha part

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
did he put down for the count then,must have missed tha part

I don't recall seeing you write "down for the count" but I'm quite sure Thanos' face touched the ground. Not to mention that it was later referred to as a defeat.

Philosophía
Yeah, what an epic stalemate the fight between Thanos and Odin was. The suspense was killing me.

Nihilist
I don't recall seeing you write "down for the count" but I'm quite sure Thanos' face touched the ground. Not to mention that it was later referred to as a defeat.
a clone referred to it as a defeat,plus odin asked him if he yielded and thanos said no,im not saying thanos won or even had a good stalemate,just odin couldnt finish him off.

honestly then, you dont think he could last for a while taking into account the punishment odin gave him and a one point walking through the gungnirs blast and thanos's upgrades.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Utrigita
I think Bouboumaster is working into the assumption that with some kind of Prep the team can most likely gain some wins.

But since there is no Prep the team gets loses hard most of them will most likely be oneshot.

What I was saying it's that they could maybe prep DURING the fight.

They have two strategic genius, and someone unbelibablely powerful, with prep.

I think that if Thanos can resist a little bit with his shield, and is able to plan something with Warlock, while Surtur is distracted, they could maybe pull out something.

Thanos shield already whistood Galactus blast, so why not Surtur's?

Kris Blaze

Galan007
I don't see any of Strange's spells working. orly

Classic Strange says..

"F*ck you Galactus!":

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3294/s1bg7.th.jpg http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/986/s2se3.th.jpg

----

"Piss off, Death!"

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7318/s3yo9.th.jpg http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5420/s4oc8.th.jpg

131fist

Nihilist
as galan pointed out about stranges spells^^^^also his spells have worked against dormammu and shuma gorath.

who has surtur killed with the twilight sword.

shokosugi
yeah i think FP classic Dr. Strange + Thanos + Warlock + Blackbolt can do damage, while the rest can provide distraction. don't know if they're enough to defeat Surtur w/ tw blade though.

Mighty Saxon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Split

Due to

i would tilt the scales to the team after that genius statement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.