Team Ninja vs Team Street Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Happy New Year, suckas - OW. (winces and rubs head) Damn hangover.

A four-on-four match. Representing Team Ninja:

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Hayate
3. Kasumi
4. Ayane

Representing Team Street Fighter:

1. Ryu
2. Ken Masters
3. Chun Li
4. Cammy White (in Killer Bee mode)

Rachel delivered the letter of challenge to Ken Masters. Hayate, the leader of the Mugen Tenshin clan, is challenging the Pan-American champion and three of his chosen allies in a four-on-four match. He already has the superninja and his feuding sisters on his team.

Ken rises to the challenge. Three phone calls later and he has his team set up. Thankfully, Ryu was already at Gouken's dojo, so tracking him down was easy. Chun Li was in Hong Kong, trying to help Cammy, who was regressing back into her 'Killer Bee' persona.

Instead, Chun Li decided to use the Shadowlaw Cammy to her team's advantage.

The battle takes place at the Manihi Resort. Sun, sand, and mayhem to match.

No Weapons for both parties. In-game moves (as in games during the actual matches) are enabled.

ThunderGodEneru
You know, Cammy is hot but she is virtually featless...So I really do not see why she gets put in so many threads.

That said, Team 1 wins.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
You know, Cammy is hot but she is virtually featless...So I really do not see why she gets put in so many threads.

That said, Team 1 wins.

You got a point. Effective immediately, Sagat replaces Cammy for this match.

MHM2G7
Replacing a featless b*tch with a featless f*gat. Effective alright. laughing

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MHM2G7
Replacing a featless b*tch with a featless f*gat. Effective alright. laughing

Sagat featless and gay? I thought he was one of the best fighters, Bison's second in command and only second to Ryu when SF started.

Zack Fair
Well he did **** up Dan's father and beat an inexperienced Ryu in SF1 before mr. Ryu went cheap on his ass.

As for this matchup...I dunno only a few guys have good quantifiable feats--Hayabusa, Ryu, Ayane & Kasumi.

So...I dunno.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
In-game moves (as in games during the actual matches) are enabled.
Team 1 wins in a stomp.

ThunderGodEneru
Sagat also has no quantifiable feats.

Hell, KEN has no quantifiable feats.

The only one who I know has some feats is Ryu.

Not sure on Chunny.

Although you did give team 1 Hayate, so that alone compells me to say Ryu solos. mmm

Kirikaze Fuuma
team ninja wins.

JustFrame
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Sagat also has no quantifiable feats.

Hell, KEN has no quantifiable feats.

The only one who I know has some feats is Ryu.

Not sure on Chunny.

Although you did give team 1 Hayate, so that alone compells me to say Ryu solos. mmm

Sagat would be on par with Ryu without a doubt and there shouldn't be any "feats" to stake his claim, there is no denial that what most of what Ryu can do psychically, Ken can do as well. The boulder that Ryu was lifting in SFIII while training, if we assumed it was "granite" would have weighed around 8-9 tons in weight. Ryu was lifting this over his head while training.

Sagat is a powerhouse in the Street Fighter world, he is only outclassed by Five known characters...Gouki, Oro, Gill, A3 Bison, and Ingrid. Not to mention, Ryu was able to stand par on par with Gouki, someone who sunk an island with his fist, or split an entire mountain into four pieces. Projectiles in Street Fighter travel at fire arm speed, with Guile's Sonic Boom travels at Mach 2 speed. This would mean that the Street Fighter cast, at least the powerful ones would need to have ridiculous reaction speeds. I mean, can anyone in Team 1 say they can dodge Mach 2 projectiles? (I'm serious on that, because I don't know for sure, which is why I'm asking)

Can anyone on Team Ninja have said they got hit by a fist that split a mountain into four pieces, or the sinking of an island? I mean, Gouki can Ashura Warp, and Alpha Bison was able to teleport, and Gill was a Demi-God, Oro is so powerful he has to seal one of his arms, while Ingrid is a Goddess, so there's no short amount of super powerful characters to confront in SF either.

I wouldn't even in the slightest bit count out the Street Fighter cast, because they are monsters in there own right. Also one other huge factor is this, that Ryu is also far more powerful then the SF Canon Guide had originally made him out to be, now with the official release of Street Fighter IV.

Obviously I haven't decided, because I don't know enough of the Team Ninja factual feats to make a claim.

However, Ryu, Ken, Sagat are very capable in that Team, only Chunli would probably struggle a bit, and even she is extremely powerful in the SF World. However, if your going to use the most powerful female in the SF World, then you should seriously use Rose...her alone would imo shift it into the SF's Cast favor, due to her far more powerful capabilities then Ryu.

Phanteros
cammy is useless team ninja because ryu hasu

Acrosurge
Originally posted by JustFrame
Sagat is a powerhouse in the Street Fighter world, he is only outclassed by Five known characters...Gouki, Oro, Gill, A3 Bison, and Ingrid.True. As far as I know, Sagat is still stronger than Ryu (who lifts boulders for training). At the very least, Sagat is strong enough to do single hand, single finger pushups with his legs raised above his head (HSF2T ending). We also know that at the time of SFA2, Sagat's energy blasts could easily destroy large trees. Very likely, they are even stronger now.

I can't comment on this fight as I don't know enough about the first team, but team 2 is formidable.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Acrosurge
True. As far as I know, Sagat is still stronger than Ryu (who lifts boulders for training). At the very least, Sagat is strong enough to do single hand, single finger pushups with his legs raised above his head (HSF2T ending). We also know that at the time of SFA2, Sagat's energy blasts could easily destroy large trees. Very likely, they are even stronger now.

I can't comment on this fight as I don't know enough about the first team, but team 2 is formidable.

You also forgot that Sagat took on a Bengal tiger (SvC Chaos ending) and he was seen in an official piece of Capcom art in which he was bashing a massive tree trunk with his knees.

JustFrame
Unfortunately SvC isn't canon, however, Zangief, one of the weaker Street Fighter characters wrestles with bears in the Siberian Arctic cold for fun...which is crazy, considering he does this wearing nothing but his boots, wrestling undies and the simple vest he had on. Balrog is also one of the weaker characters in the SF world in comparison to characters like Ryu, Sagat, Chun, and Ken as posted on this team, and he kills elephants with a single punch. The power needed to kill an elephant with one single punch would need to be ridiculous and obviously super human.

Ryu when he first discovered the Shinkuu-Hadouken accidently destroyed two guardian deva king statues outside of temple. Judging from the typical guardian statues that stand outside a japanese shrine, I'm guessing these two stood anywhere between the 10-13 feet tall, or around twice the height of a man. The Shinkuu-Hadouken was so powerful upon release that the statues were turned into small pieces forming into a small splinter mountain.

I would also like to believe that the Shinkuu-Hadouken since then has improved and is thus far more potent then it originally was when Ryu first accidentally released it, and destroyed these two statues. Then you have the fact that he still has the Metsu-Hadouken which is seen in Street Fighter IV...this "maybe" the offspring of the Denjin-Hadouken, which also derives a borderline strain usage of the Satsu-No-Hadou. You also can't forget the Shin-Shoryuken stated by Capcom officially to be one of the single most powerful attacks in the Street Fighter World.

Chunli imo is another character that seems to be flying under the radar and is also severely underrated by some people here. She is the single most powerful female in the Street Fighter Universe, second only to Rose, now that she was not dead. Yes, there are no feats that we can "concrete" to her standing, however she is powerful and strong enough that even she is recognized by Urien, and her status as a Street Fighter is heard clear across the world. Chunli is also more powerful then characters like Zangief who wrestles bears for fun, and Balrog who can end the life of an elephant with a single blow.

Now if characters like these are considered weaker then Chunli...I would also believe that her capabilities would have to be far greater in other departments that would put her on a higher pedestal then these characters. She most likely would have gone incredibly deep into the SFII tournament as well, although Guile may have been the most likely candidate to have won, Chunli is one of the contenders also most likely to have made it near to the finals.

Ken really needs to introduction here, yes, his ki-channeling is not on par with Ryu, however his strength of feat would be nearly identical to Ryu's, as well as his reaction time. The real thing that seperates Ryu from Ken is that Ryu completely dedicates himself to fighting, while Ken's only real purpose to fighting is when he know's Ryu is going to be in a tournament.

So for me, I do not see how this is an "easy" fight for Team 1.

Alan Kyder
Ryu can take anyone on team 1 in a fist fight but he can't do it alone. Team 1.

Strange, Team Ninja is all Ninja and Team SF aint Shoto dudes.

Ryu, Akuma and Ken or maybe just Shin Akuma would destroy team 1 tho. The only peeps on team 1 wit meaningful feats is hayabusa and Ayane.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Alan Kyder
Ryu can take anyone on team 1 in a fist fight but he can't do it alone. Team 1.He doesn't have to do it alone. He has an equal in Ken, a superior in Sagat, and ChunLi, who is at least faster than Ryu.

Being Ninja isn't enough to score Team 1 the win in my book. What kind of feats do they have?

Zack Fair
Chunli has nothing on the Team 1's speed.

IMO Ken is hardly Ryu's equal.

Sagat however does increase Team 2's odds. Eventhough he doesn't really have that many feats.

Lets not forget that team 1 has an evasion advantage with their teleportation that team 2 lacks.

And I agree with JustFrame this will hardly be an easy fight for either team.

JustFrame
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Chunli has nothing on the Team 1's speed.

IMO Ken is hardly Ryu's equal.

Sagat however does increase Team 2's odds. Eventhough he doesn't really have that many feats.

Lets not forget that team 1 has an evasion advantage with their teleportation that team 2 lacks.

And I agree with JustFrame this will hardly be an easy fight for either team.

Teleportation is hardly a win...Gouki warps, Bison can out right teleport, Dhalsim can teleport, this isn't anything new to the SF cast. Ken would be almost on par with Ryu, remember that the only thing that Ken lacks over Ryu is pure dedication, this is why Ryu has more wins over Ken, otherwise, Ken is practically almost on par to Ryu besides two things...ki-manipulation and dedication. So I disagree with your statements on that however why why does Sagat "need" feats when he's on the same lvl as Ryu?

Would it be too hard to assume that whatever Ryu can do, Sagat can do the same, yet he would pack more power then Ryu would.

Chunli seems to be flying under the radar again...okay, so she doesn't have any "feats", however her abilities even impressed Urien...a brother to a Demi-God due to what she did in Street Fighter II. Chunli is respected and well known across the entire world of Street Fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if she's more then adequate to fight, consider she's considered as strong as Guile is, and Guile is the contender who most likely went through the entire tournament of SFII undefeated...Chunli in her own right would have went very far as well.

Seeing as how I'm not seeing anything amazing by Team Ninja that would make me believe they would have the win, I'm going to now lean towards the SF Cast. If anything, Ryu, Ken, and Sagat tip the favor's onto their side.

Zack Fair
Kasumi, Hayabusa & Ayane have all won DOA tournaments.

DOA1- Kasumi took on a fighter that had the ability to instantly copy techniques. Raidou crippled Hayate with his own move and Kasumi managed to defeat him.

DOA 2- Hayabusa defeated Kasumi, Jann Lee(A guy that makes trees explodes with a punch as of DOA2) Ein and then went on to humiliate the supernatural Tengu. Hayabusa is also very durable as of NG2 since he tanked a nuclear explosion.

DOA3- Ayane defeated Kasumi, Hayate & Genra--a guy that can bust villages. Ayane tanked Genra's blast right before they fought to boot.

DOA4 - Ayane's Nimpo blasted half of DOATEC's Tri-Tower--Granted she took 1-3 seconds charging the blast. However she wouldn't need something that powerful. Kasumi stalemated Alpha-152 who in turn could parry blades with her barehands, had superior teleporting abilities and was as fast if not faster than her--Kasumi being the fasted DOA ninja--though they are all peers. Hayabusa on the other hand was shown blasting aircrafts with his Nimpo and it incinirated human beings inside of it.

The weak link is Hayate, and even he can last for a while with his speed, teleportation and Torn Sky blast.

I didn't mean to imply teleportation=Instant win for team 1, but it does aid them.

All in all I don't know who wins. I'm just posting this to shed some knowledge. You might want to check out Hayabusa's respect thread as well as Kasumi & Ayane's.

Acrosurge
Thanks, Zack. That helps to shed some light on Team 1.

StyleTime

DOA3- Ayane defeated Kasumi, Hayate & Genra--a guy that can bust villages. Ayane tanked Genra's blast right before they fought to boot.

Don't forget that these fights occurs right after each other. DOA 3 Ayane was a monster.
Originally posted by JustFrame
Seeing as how I'm not seeing anything amazing by Team Ninja that would make me believe they would have the win, I'm going to now lean towards the SF Cast. If anything, Ryu, Ken, and Sagat tip the favor's onto their side.
Let me ask you this. How exactly would team 2 win any of the match ups? I'm not really sure what it is you believe Team SF has over Team DOA so I can't really address it yet.

JustFrame
~snip~

Some of these feats are impressive, and I may have to say that it leads to a draw now, since I know more of the abilities of the DoA characters. However, a few notes here...the blast that Hayabusa defended up against the Armadillo was a super small scale of a nuclear blast. If this was a "true" nuclear blast, there would have been absolutely no way he survives this. This feat is impressive nonetheless.

Seeing these things, I may have to conclude a draw as well. Good post Zack.

However, I will post up a few interesting points that are being shed into with Street Fighter IV about Ryu's abilities again, however will do so later.

JustFrame
Sorry for the double post, however I could no longer edit my last reply...

However let me post some interesting things from the SF:IV anime trailer that hints at Ryu's abilities which is why the Canon Guide for SF will be getting a revamp in the future, so I'll explain here...

Since we have been able to measure and calculate speeds and feats in comic books which don't animate, and people have calculated DBZ speed with animation, well people from srk.com have calculated the speeds at which Ryu was moving at SF:IV and yes...they are indeed impressive, because in the SF:IV anime trailer when Ryu fights Gouki.

He charges at Gouki with so much speed, that the sheer impact created a Sonic Boom. You cannot achieve this sonic boom affect unless you are absolutely traveling at high speeds, and the minimum speed that Ryu would have needed to travel in order to create the boom affect, would have been 761 mph. Meaning that Ryu was at least traveling at 1116 feet per second to reach Gouki.

It took 5 seconds for Ryu to reach Gouki, meaning he covered a distance of 5,580 feet away from Ryu, in order to create the Sonic Boom. The second time Ryu rushes at Gouki and lands the Shoryuken it took 2 seconds so it would equate to 2,232 feet that Ryu would have traveled to land the Shoryuken on Gouki.

So if you watch the trailer again, at 2:48 Ryu chargest at Gouki, and at 2:53, Ryu reaches Gouki causing a Sonic Boom. Again, one cannot make a Sonic Boom unless they themselves are traveling at insanely high speeds.

I had actually predicted that Ryu was capable of such speeds years ago, however due to there not having anything to back it up, it was denied. However with the release of SF:IV, and the anime trailer released by Capcom it gives you the showing that Ryu is capable of such speeds.

Ryu's reaction time is ridiculous as well, considering the estimation of how fast Gouki is throwing his projectiles here, from this link, read here from srk.com...

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6034843&postcount=10267

Gouki launched a barrage of 17 Air Fireballs at Ryu in 1 second, yet, Ryu was able to dodge and counter Gouki after this. Remember here, that these projectiles would be traveling at fire arm speed (Dee Jay is one of the Weak characters in SF and his projectile is 761 mph or 1116 feet per second).

This is a showing that Ryu's speed, and reaction are well beyond human lvls, and surpasses many super human comic book characters as well.

Now, remember this, that Ken would need to be near this level to even remotely compete with Ryu, in which he has actually done so in the past. Sagat without a doubt would be in no less then equal to Ryu in similar feats.

Deejay being weaker then Chunli and having a projectile that travels at 761 mph would mean that Chunli's speed would also need to be vastly impressive in order for her to be one the strong SF characters.

So again, Chunli is being underrated, and the feats of the SF cast are more impressive then previously assumed Pre-SFIV. Ryu is far more powerful then we had originally thought, and SF:IV is proving the case in his part.

However, I will simply conclude a draw, since Team Ninja also has impressive feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.