the official "should i buy this game" thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
i'll start. should i buy the witcher?

§P0oONY
No, probably not....

I don't need to ask... I'm well enough informed about games to make my own mind up.... End of thread.

Lord Knightfa11
is the witcher big and freeplay like oblivion or linear? i buy if its like oblivion but not if it is like linear.

Nemesis X
Should I buy Fallout 3? People seem to be giving this game an awful lot of crap lately.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Should I buy Fallout 3? People seem to be giving this game an awful lot of crap lately.
Depends...If you were a hardcore Oblivion fan chances are you'll like it. Maybe it was just me but it seemed a lot harder than Oblivion, it has a much longer and more fulfilling campaign. I dunno I think I still liked Oblivion better, though this was still fun I didn't enjoy exploring as much as I did in Oblivion, I just put the game down after the campaign I didn't feel like exploring at all after I was finished. (Though the game ends anyways after the campaign) And fighting just wasn't as fun though the VATS system was epic. I consider it a rent, but I dunno one of my friends who loved Oblivion hated this and another loved it, and I'm a bit inbetween.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
is the witcher big and freeplay like oblivion or linear? i buy if its like oblivion but not if it is like linear.

In some ways it's more free then Oblivion and in some ways more restricted, you cannot for instance immidiately travel around in the Witcher, you have a defined area that you can work in that area can then later be expanded, but the Witcher is far from Linear, You will make the choices in the game and that will affect what you encounter and experience later on, some quests might not even be possible to do because of something you failed to do ore did earlier, imo buy it.

Morridini

Yeah you should, imo it's one of the best western RPGs made, and the setting is something none of the other ones have really used before. And if you have played Fallout 1 and 2, then this one is definitley a must.

BackFire

Yes, Fallout 3 was pretty much Game of the year I think.

DorianYates

Impediment
Little Big Planet.

I'm genuinely intrigued by this game and I really want to play it.

What the hell is it about though? Is there a storyline? Or do you just go level to level and then, after beating the campaign mode, make your own levels and show them off online?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by DorianYates
He was just asking a question, some people aren't sure if they want to buy a game or not, don't be a dick.
Pah...

^ Yeah, you should, if you own a PS3 it's a must have as far as I'm concerned.

LilMimister006
I think Fallout 3 and LBP are way overrated. Here's what games you SHOULD play/get if you haven't already:

Mirror's Edge
Gears of War 2 (Not counting the shitty multiplayer)
Dead Space

§P0oONY
LBP is hardly overrated, it's not an amazing game but people never even mention it. So it's not rated enough for it do be done overly so.

LilMimister006
BS on the people never mention it. I hear people talking about it all the friggin time in other forums ranting and raving about it. Hell, it came up as "game of the year" number 2 only second to Metal Gear Solid 4. THAT. is overrated in my book.

§P0oONY
GOTY means sweet fa and you must be looking in weird forums to see people rave about it half as much as an average shooter. As far as games go it's broken the mould, deserving of any praise it gets on the whole. It's not going to stand up to the test of time as it's more or less an online game (which will lose it's fan base). It's certainly a must have title if you're a PS3 owner and it's fantastic to see a decent platformer every once in a while.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Impediment
Little Big Planet.

I'm genuinely intrigued by this game and I really want to play it.

What the hell is it about though? Is there a storyline? Or do you just go level to level and then, after beating the campaign mode, make your own levels and show them off online?
You go through several different places. There's a garden thing, an african like one, an asian one, and some others. each of those have like 3 or four levels in them. There's not much of a story, they kind of have one in the different big places. You go through the main levels just to get these bubbles that have items in them and different outfits. Then you can go online and play other peoples levels they've made and make your own. Making your own is pretty time consuming though. I got it, it was fun for a day or two, got kind of tired of it though, if I had more friends on there it would've probably been a lot better though.

DorianYates
Originally posted by LilMimister006
I think Fallout 3 and LBP are way overrated. Here's what games you SHOULD play/get if you haven't already:

Mirror's Edge
Gears of War 2 (Not counting the shitty multiplayer)
Dead Space You think fallout 3 is overrated?

WrathfulDwarf
Oh Goody!

Lay it on me....Should I buy Final Fantasy XIII for the 360?

(The last FF I played was FF VII for the PS1)

§P0oONY
FF titles are generally worth owning... I didn't like 12 but I will be getting 13, probably preowned though.

Mairuzu
i'll be getting 13

WrathfulDwarf

§P0oONY
No idea, any one can play any of them to be honest, they always start easily... Pick up a copy of 10 if you can, it's fantastic.

Lord Knightfa11
are they all turn based? because turn basedness is what has turned me off on advance wars, gba ffa, civilization, and atlantica.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
are they all turn based? because turn basedness is what has turned me off on advance wars, gba ffa, civilization, and atlantica. They're all turn based yes, generally with a twist though. XII attempts to not be but essentially is. Turn based RPGs are much better than RT in my opinion. And all the games you mentioned aren't RPGs. (No idea what GBA FFA is.)

Kazenji

Raoul
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm sure they are...I was just never a fan of the series. So I was wondering if FF XIII is for n00bs.

you're not going to buy dc online?

DorianYates

Kovacs86

Menetnashté

Kovacs86

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.