Frost/nixon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Cant believe this thread hasnt been posted yet.Anyways great filme directed by Ron Howard showing a dramatic retelling of the post watergate television interviews between talk show host David Frost and former president Richard Nixon.
stars Frank Langella as Dick Nixon
Michael Sheen as David Frost
Kevin Bacon as Jack Brennan
Sam Rockwell as James Reston Jr and
Oliver Platt as Bob Zelnick.
must see movie.

MildPossession
It's on my must see list, I should see it next week sometime.

jaden101
This'll be the one i pm'd you about Parker?...yeah looks very good...although it's strange to see Michael Sheen as Frost after his portrayal of Tony Blair.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's on my must see list, I should see it next week sometime.

awesome.yeah you really should go see this movie.especially if you have ANY interest in History.Nixon by Oliver Stone starring Anthony Hopkins is the best Nixon movie out there I think.Hard to top that one.Thats why while watching this one I put that movie out of my mind as much as possible cause I knew if i compared it to Stones Nixon,I would have been in for a big dissapointment.so I did the smart thing and did not do that and really enjoyed it. smile post your review here if and WHEN hopefully you see it.

Menetnashté
I got a few good laughs out of the commercial but that's about as far as I'll go to see this movie.

Mr Parker
why? dont you have an interest in american history?

jinXed by JaNx
I just saw this movie the other day and i have to say that i was very surprised. I was expecting a good movie but what i got was something unexpected. I put off watching this movie for so long because, well, i thought it was just going to be another movie about Nixon and i already know quite a bit about Nixon and have seen the slew of Nixon/watergate movies. This movie, however, focuses more on television and of course, being about Frost, the other aspect of the film is his lead up to the infamous interview. Having seen this interview a few times before i was relatively unaware of it's significance. This movie brought to light or at least helped to highlight the impact that the interview did indeed have. The interview though, is not the main focus of the story but, rather, Frosts attempts. I'm surprised this movie was overlooked for Globe nominations. The acting and Directing was superb. I especially enjoyed Bacon and Sheen as Frost. I definitely recommend everyone who is even slightly interested to check this out when it hits dvd..,5/5

BruceSkywalker
I've seen this..

Its not half bad, but I expected more

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.