Omega Red.Venom vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Team 1

Omega Red has merged with the symbiote, Venom...

Vs

Team 2

Cyclops
Wolverine
Spider-man
Colossus
Pyro*
Banshee*

* Possesses Powers that weaken Venom.

- Battle takes place in an enclosed Football stadium/dome.

- Omega Red is in Bloodlust mode.

StiltmanFTW
T2.

Raoul
Originally posted by Placidity

Team 1

Omega Red has merged with the symbiote, Venom...

Vs

Team 2

Cyclops
Wolverine
Spider-man
Colossus
Pyro*
Banshee*

* Possesses Powers that weaken Venom.

- Battle takes place in an enclosed Football stadium/dome.

- Omega Red is in Bloodlust mode.

is there a crowd in the stands, or are the seats empty?

Placidity
Originally posted by Raoul
is there a crowd in the stands, or are the seats empty?

Um yes its a VIP showing for KMC Comic Book Forum members only. It is however shielded by an impenetrable forcefield for their safety, courtesy of Reed Richards.

basilisk
After merging with Venom, Omega's death spores immediately begin to kill the symbiote. In a vain attempt to stave off death the symbiote drains Omega's life force until nothing is left.

The heroes watch as the Omega Red/symbiote stumbles around then collapses, leaving a dried up dead husk.

Placidity
New Rule:

- Assume Death Spores have no effect on Venom.

- Do not create bullshit theories.

Lord Feron
New Rule:

laughing

Um, anyway... I was wondering the sonics and the fire, Normally I don't think those things will bother Red that much normally but with the suit will it hurt him more? I mean yes he will gains other abilities and stats but would it have created vulnerabilities red isnt normally affected by (atleast not as much as a symbiote would be affected).

Placidity
Lets say due to his Healing factor, Red himself won't be affected much. The Symbiote itself will suffer as it normally does, maybe temporary dampening its powers that it gives to Omega Red.

Hmm. Thats kind of BS theory aint it lol.

Raoul
Um yes its a VIP showing for KMC Comic Book Forum members only. It is however shielded by an impenetrable forcefield for their safety, courtesy of Reed Richards.

oh. team 2 wrecks, then...

basilisk
New Rule:

These new rules are stifling my creativity.

Team FTW.

Placidity
What do guys think the majority is?

StiltmanFTW
New Rule:

Death Spores-immune-Venom symbiote would probably just kill Arkady. It drains adrenalin. Adrealin fuels the healing factor. HF is the only thing which keeps Red alive.

- Do not create bullshit theories. angel

Placidity
Ok totally off-topic - but I didn't want to create another topic just to ask this question but are ComicBookCharacters vs VideoGameCharacters allowed here (cause they sure as hell aren't allowed in VG VS)?

Raoul
What do guys think the majority is?

Team 2.

Lord Feron
Lets say due to his Healing factor, Red himself won't be affected much. The Symbiote itself will suffer as it normally does, maybe temporary dampening its powers that it gives to Omega Red.

Hmm. Thats kind of BS theory aint it lol.

I thought that was a legit concern stick out tongue

Well team 2 I think then. I think Red will get overwhelmed.

Placidity
What if he plays it smart and tries to take down the two more vulnerable combatants, Pyro and Banshee ASAP?

StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man and Wolverine defeated Venomstrike (venomized Lady Deathstrike). That wasn't canon though. And she wasn't going all out. Yuriko was busy resisting symbiote's influence which eventually left her (if I recall correctly).

Pyro&Banshee are overkill here.

StiltmanFTW
What if he plays it smart and tries to take down the two more vulnerable combatants, Pyro and Banshee ASAP?

Banshee is airborne and I don't see Red Venom taking him out quick enough.

Lord Feron

He can try but there are too many other players in his way for him to try and take them out quickly. Also the team will proably try and protect those guys most due to their value.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Death Spores-immune-Venom symbiote would probably just kill Arkady. It drains adrenalin. Adrealin fuels the healing factor. HF is the only thing which keeps Red alive.

1. Venom symbiote has been shown to be immune against toxins before.
2. I don't think it drains adrealine..
3. I don't think adrealine fuels the healing factor
4. Venom symbiote also has a healing factor (so Red's healing factor gets a huge boost.)

Team for the win though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
1. Venom symbiote has been shown to be immune against toxins before.
2. I don't think it drains adrealine..
3. I don't think adrealine fuels the healing factor
4. Venom symbiote also has a healing factor (so Red's healing factor gets a huge boost.)

Team for the win though.

1. There are Death Pheromones AND Life Force absorption. Symbiote could be affected.

2. It does. It was stated in Spectacular Spider-Man. If you want I can find the issue later...

Quoted from wikipedia.

3. Yeah, it partially does. At least in Wolverine's case. I don't see why Red's one would work that much differently...

4. Hell no. Not in this case. There's carbonadium, death factor, life force draining and like I said v-symbiote drains adrenalin. They are just incompatible.

Rhinoceros
1. There are Death Pheromones AND Life Force absorption. Symbiote could be affected.

2. It does. It was stated in Spectacular Spider-Man. If you want I can find the issue later...

Quoted from wikipedia.

3. Yeah, it partially does. At least in Wolverine's case. I don't see why Red's one would work that much differently...

4. Hell no. Not in this case. There's carbonadium, death factor, life force draining and like I said v-symbiote drains adrenalin. They are just incompatible.

1. I don't know why the death pheromones would even affect the symbiote, and as far as I know Red only absorbs life force through his tentacles.
2. Venom symbiote feeds off of Phenethylamine. It has been mentioned during 2 seperate arcs so I'm sure it's more valid that the whole adrealine thing. Especially when the guy who wrote the Spectacular arc didn't even research Venom one bit (For example: Venom symbiote was able to seperate itself from Brock and then again "permanently" bond with him... only to seperate again from him)
3. IIRC Red's healing factor is tied to the amount of lifeforce he has previous drained from people.
4. Again.. Death spores shouldn't affect the symbiote (They don't affect Arkady himself, why would the affect the symbiote bonded to him? why would they even affect a symbiote who's generally immune to poisons) The symbiote could just heal from the radiation (I don't think radiation hurts them as they're able to survive prolonged periods in space) and life force draining, Arkady can control what he wants to drain so I doubt he'd hurt the symbiote in the process.

StiltmanFTW
1. I don't know why the death pheromones would even affect the symbiote, and as far as I know Red only absorbs life force through his tentacles.
2. Venom symbiote feeds off of Phenethylamine. It has been mentioned during 2 seperate arcs so I'm sure it's more valid that the whole adrealine thing. Especially when the guy who wrote the Spectacular arc didn't even research Venom one bit (For example: Venom symbiote was able to seperate itself from Brock and then again "permanently" bond with him... only to seperate again from him)
3. IIRC Red's healing factor is tied to the amount of lifeforce he has previous drained from people.
4. Again.. Death spores shouldn't affect the symbiote (They don't affect Arkady himself, why would the affect the symbiote bonded to him? why would they even affect a symbiote who's generally immune to poisons) The symbiote could just heal from the radiation (I don't think radiation hurts them as they're able to survive prolonged periods in space) and life force draining, Arkady can control what he wants to drain so I doubt he'd hurt the symbiote in the process.

1. The symbiote cells would be in his bloodstream. It would come in contact with his tentacles. And it was hinted that he can absorb life force in other ways - look at his last fight with Wolverine&Colossus. He made Big C bleed in his metal form. I mean, digging holes in his armor with just fingers couldn't be just a strength feat - it must have been something more. It's just my interpretation though.

2. I know, I didn't like it either. Venom evolved though, it became extremely hostile to his hosts. Perhaps adrenaline satisfies it more.

3. Right, but I think that adrenaline is an important factor, too.

4. Actually they affect Arkady.

OK, he can control LF absorption. You're right. In a fight however he could (not deliberately) hurt symbiote using this power. And what about carbonadium itself? It affects even the most powerful HFs.

Rhinoceros
1. The symbiote cells would be in his bloodstream. It would come in contact with his tentacles. And it was hinted that he can absorb life force in other ways - look at his last fight with Wolverine&Colossus. He made Big C bleed in his metal form. I mean, digging holes in his armor with just fingers couldn't be just a strength feat - it must have been something more. It's just my interpretation though.

2. I know, I didn't like it either. Venom evolved though, it became extremely hostile to his hosts. Perhaps adrenaline satisfies it more.

3. Right, but I think that adrenaline is an important factor, too.

4. Actually they affect Arkady.

OK, he can control LF absorption. You're right. In a fight however he could (not deliberately) hurt symbiote using this power. And what about carbonadium itself? It affects even the most powerful HFs.

1. The symbiote could easily avoid the tentacles. They wouldn't even need to be anywhere near his tentacles. Besides, Arkady will have his tentacles out during the fight aswell.

The Colossus incident was just plain bad writing, Colossus doesn't have blood or tissue when he's armored up. The art doesn't back up your theory that he's absorbing Colossus with his hands.
2. I don't think so. In the past, adrealine is just a factor that makes it possible for the symbiote to emerge.
3. We don't know that.
4. IIRC only when he has released them in a while, only then they'll eat up his body. Their potency also grows if they haven't been realeased in a while.
5. Like I said before, I don't think the radiation is going to do anything to a symbiote which can travel through space without protection.

Raoul
the colossus fight was beautifully drawn, but brubaker has a habit of forgetting the facts about colossus' powers...

assuming they didn't alter them and forget to tell us...

StiltmanFTW
1. The symbiote could easily avoid the tentacles. They wouldn't even need to be anywhere near his tentacles. Besides, Arkady will have his tentacles out during the fight aswell.

The Colossus incident was just plain bad writing, Colossus doesn't have blood or tissue when he's armored up. The art doesn't back up your theory that he's absorbing Colossus with his hands.
2. I don't think so. In the past, adrealine is just a factor that makes it possible for the symbiote to emerge.
3. We don't know that.
4. IIRC only when he has released them in a while, only then they'll eat up his body. Their potency also grows if they haven't been realeased in a while.
5. Like I said before, I don't think the radiation is going to do anything to a symbiote which can travel through space without protection.

1. Omega Red extends and inserts tentacles all the time. It's the way he fights. If he didn't, they would limit his maneuverability.

Red's LF absorption is one of his powers, carbonadium tentacles just conduct it in a more efficient way.

2. Like you said - in the past. Current Venom is different.

4. If it can be dangerous to him, it could be at least unpleasant to symbiote.

5. Wolverine happened to "travel" through the space without protection. It didn't affect him as much as ingesting carbonadium.

What I want to say is that even if venom could bond with Omega Red, he wouldn't be his dream host.

Rhinoceros
1. Omega Red extends and inserts tentacles all the time. It's the way he fights. If he didn't, they would limit his maneuverability.

Red's LF absorption is one of his powers, carbonadium tentacles just conduct it in a more efficient way.

2. Like you said - in the past. Current Venom is different.

4. If it can be dangerous to him, it could be at least unpleasant to symbiote.

5. Wolverine happened to "travel" through the space without protection. It didn't affect him as much as ingesting carbonadium.

What I want to say is that even if venom could bond with Omega Red, he wouldn't be his dream host.

1. Can you name any instances where Omega Red has absorbed life force through his hands or via skin contact?

I don't think he bothered to draw his tentacles in when he fought Colossus and Wolverine. He had them out during the whole fight.

2. Fair enough. There's still no proof that Arkady's healing factor works based on adrealine and from what we saw, the symbiote doesn't actually require a lot of adrealine to work properly (The skinny mobster guy certainly wouldn't have the adrealine levels of a guy like Arkady)

4. I don't still see how. The symbiote has been described as inorganic. Acids that turned all organic matter to dust in seconds didn't affect it at all. Arkady isn't affected himself if he doesn't hold the spores for too long.

5.The symbiotes travel between planets. That's a lot longer time period than Wolverine just chilling for a couple of minutes. Besides, it's not like Wolverine is affected by Red's carbonadium tentacles by proximity alone. It only affected his after he ingested it or when it entered his bloodstream.

I don't still see how the symbiotes couldn't bond with Arkady. They can bond with People like the Silver Surfer.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Raoul
the colossus fight was beautifully drawn, but brubaker has a habit of forgetting the facts about colossus' powers...

assuming they didn't alter them and forget to tell us...
I thought Omega Red was originally made to beat up Colossus. That one game heavily enforced that idea in my head and I have a hard time believing a video game would be inaccurate. Omega Red even did extra damage to Colossus!

geshien
Why bother adding the symbiote when Pyro and Banshee are present?

Peter gives Pyro and Banshee the 411 about the symbiote. They do their thing, while the rest run interference. Red then proceeds to get blasted by Cyclops and Banshee.

Placidity
Well, I heard Venom's weaknesses to fire and sonics over the years have been reduced to the levels where he can still kick ass nonetheless.

Raoul
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I thought Omega Red was originally made to beat up Colossus. That one game heavily enforced that idea in my head and I have a hard time believing a video game would be inaccurate. Omega Red even did extra damage to Colossus!

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
1. Can you name any instances where Omega Red has absorbed life force through his hands or via skin contact?

I don't think he bothered to draw his tentacles in when he fought Colossus and Wolverine. He had them out during the whole fight.

2. Fair enough. There's still no proof that Arkady's healing factor works based on adrealine and from what we saw, the symbiote doesn't actually require a lot of adrealine to work properly (The skinny mobster guy certainly wouldn't have the adrealine levels of a guy like Arkady)

4. I don't still see how. The symbiote has been described as inorganic. Acids that turned all organic matter to dust in seconds didn't affect it at all. Arkady isn't affected himself if he doesn't hold the spores for too long.

5.The symbiotes travel between planets. That's a lot longer time period than Wolverine just chilling for a couple of minutes. Besides, it's not like Wolverine is affected by Red's carbonadium tentacles by proximity alone. It only affected his after he ingested it or when it entered his bloodstream.

I don't still see how the symbiotes couldn't bond with Arkady. They can bond with People like the Silver Surfer.

OK, you've won.

Well, I heard Venom's weaknesses to fire and sonics over the years have been reduced to the levels where he can still kick ass nonetheless.

The combined efforts of Pyro&Banshee would more than likely affect him.

Rhinoceros
OK, you've won.

angel_not

Now I feel like a king.. Except that the debate I "won" was pretty pointless embarrasment

Anywho, I think Pyro/Banshee could alone beat Venom if they had the change to hit him. He's able to take fire and sonics nowadays, but it's not like he has resistance or anything. (I do think Venom has taken a RPG rocket to the chest without any permanent damage.)

geshien

Yeah but so long as it's a weakness, to have guys with those specific abilities, along with everyone else included on the team makes it a lopsided fight to say the least.

And with the talk about the adrenaline issue, there seems to be a lot of factors that are working against Red.

Also, the Death Spores that Red emits are flamable and Logan knows this. So, yeah, a lot of factors could play out and not in Red's favor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.