IG VS Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xJLxKing
okay, this is Ion at his strongest form possible. IG has it's typical user who is none other then.....Thanos

Enyalus
Thanos.

For serious.

vlaaad12345
Thanos.

TricksterPriest
Ion.

Nihilist
Thanos

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ion.

facepalm

golem370
If the fight takes place in DC Ion wins in Marvel IG Thanos

xJLxKing
It is a universe where both Dc and Marvel are connected big grin

stormultt
Ion.

stupid..........thanos wins stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
orly Care to show how the IG is above Ion: the combined power of the guardians, the GLC, and CPB?

stormultt
orly Care to show how the IG is above Ion: the combined power of the guardians, the GLC, and CPB? roll eyes (sarcastic)

TricksterPriest
Do not roll your eyes, troll.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=421255&pagenumber=1

Naija boy
IG.

stormultt
Do not roll your eyes, troll.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=421255&pagenumber=1 I am not a troll you incellent idiot

Enyalus
orly Care to show how the IG is above Ion: the combined power of the guardians, the GLC, and CPB?

Would you like to make an "Ion vs. Two Celestials, Chronos, Lord Order, Master Chaos, Galactus, Stranger, Eon, Mistress Love, Sire Hate, Mephisto, Mistress Death, and the In-Betweener" poll, TP?

I'd love to see the result.

tkitna
Ion gets stomped

Utrigita
Originally posted by Enyalus
Would you like to make an "Ion vs. Two Celestials, Chronos, Lord Order, Master Chaos, Galactus, Stranger, Eon, Mistress Love, Sire Hate, Mephisto, Mistress Death, and the In-Betweener" poll, TP?

You forgot 616 reality Eternity...

TricksterPriest

As Utrigita mentioned, let's add Eternity to the mix. Not that it matters.

Ion would shitcan them easily.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Utrigita
You forgot 616 reality Eternity...

He fights him afterwards, which is why I didn't include him in the list.

But by all means, TP - make the poll. You're confident about it, afterall.

TricksterPriest
You asked for it. wink

Knowsbleed33
IG easily.

Slaanesh
IG with ease..

occultdestroyer
Ion.

Ion, at his peak, is a peer of The Spectre himself. And The Spectre alone would pwn the IG.

The conversation between Hal Jordan Spectre and Kyle Rayner Ion is proof of this. He can undo what was done, and has his own will, even out of God's command, unlike Spectre. (This was the retcon of Hal back to an average GL)

Yes, Ion at his peak stomps.

Knowsbleed33
Spectre ain't coming anywhere near pwning the IG and neither is Ion.

IG wins without trouble.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

IG wins without trouble.
The Spectre will turn it off with a gesture just like LT

If it somehow finds a way to beat The Spectre, Spectre will keep coming back. It will only delay the inevitable.

Knowsbleed33
Spectre isn't equal to the LT, Get that notion out of your head. LT only has power over the gems when someone isn't using them anyway.

Thanos being supreme with the IG. It's mentioned countless times throughout that story.

Ion hasn't a chance here.

occultdestroyer
IG wins then aweroll

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
IG wins then

thumb up

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

IG wins without trouble.

facepalm Skeets is going to eat you alive for saying that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t415316.html

Knowsbleed33
K, he's welcome to.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Ion.

Ion, at his peak, is a peer of The Spectre himself. And The Spectre alone would pwn the IG.

The conversation between Hal Jordan Spectre and Kyle Rayner Ion is proof of this. He can undo what was done, and has his own will, even out of God's command, unlike Spectre. (This was the retcon of Hal back to an average GL)

Yes, Ion at his peak stomps.

laughing

facepalm Skeets is going to eat you alive for saying that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t415316.html

laughing laughing

Stop please guys your killing me laughing laughing

IG in a stompfest all over Ion no expression

Avlon
Infinite vs Infinite. Sounds like a stalemate to me.

3 things though, both Thanos and Kyle took a bit of time adjusting to their newfound godhood.

2nd thing is, Thanos subconsciously doesn't feel worthy of that power and will lose. If Warlock can hide from him, Ion can certainly mask himself as well.

3rd is that little loophole with the IG that Thanos suffered. He became eternity and thus lost the IG. Ion wouldn't have that problem. In fact, ION never lost anything. He simply gave his power up because he felt it was a greater good.

If Thanos "losing mentality" is in effect (and it should be since it's part of his character in that storyline) then ION wins. Power for power though, it should be a stalemate.

Galan007
In terms of actual feats, Ion really didn't do much that would lead me to believe he was > the IG. He speachified to Spectre about what he could do, but that's about it. However, we should technically be able to use feats from ZH-Parallax, considering Ion had the exact same powerset (ie. the cumulative power of the Central Battery,) and much more.

And if that's the case... Toss a coin. ermm

starlock
Ig for the easy win

Astner
What the hell is a charged atom going to do to Thanos? :P

Nihilist
Originally posted by Avlon

3 things though, both Thanos and Kyle took a bit of time adjusting to their newfound godhood.

2nd thing is, Thanos subconsciously doesn't feel worthy of that power and will lose. If Warlock can hide from him, Ion can certainly mask himself as well.

3rd is that little loophole with the IG that Thanos suffered. He became eternity and thus lost the IG. Ion wouldn't have that problem. In fact, ION never lost anything. He simply gave his power up because he felt it was a greater good.

If Thanos "losing mentality" is in effect (and it should be since it's part of his character in that storyline) then ION wins. Power for power though, it should be a stalemate. Thanos losing the gauntlet because he did'nt feel worthy was a lame plot device.seeing as the only one who could stop him was the living tribunal and he made it clear he wasnt going to get involved in the matter,meaning therefore nobody else could stop him.

thanos took a blast from Io Two Celestials, Chronos, Lord Order, Master Chaos, Galactus, Stranger, Eon, Mistress Love, Sire Hate, Mephisto, Mistress Death, Eternity and the In-Betweener combined, giving everything they had in to it,i dont see ion doing the same poweroutage as that and thanos still beat them

Avlon
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos losing the gauntlet because he did'nt feel worthy was a lame plot device.

It's an integral part of his character...especially in that time frame.

seeing as the only one who could stop him was the living tribunal and he made it clear he wasnt going to get involved in the matter,meaning therefore nobody else could stop him.

Becoming eternity left him void of the gauntlet completely. He had to go back to his physical body to try and regain it. That is a pretty bad loophole...at least in that storyline.

Either way, with CIS on...Thanos suffers from those issues.
Ion had no such problem and the same amount of power.

Nihilist
It's an integral part of his character...especially in that time frame.

Becoming eternity left him void of the gauntlet completely. He had to go back to his physical body to try and regain it. That is a pretty bad loophole...at least in that storyline.

Either way, with CIS on...Thanos suffers from those issues.
Ion had no such problem and the same amount of power. sorry gotta disagree it was a plot device imho.

he not going to be eternity in a forum fight as he only took eternity place,he objective is battling ion with the ig itself not attempting to replace him,if you get me so to speak.

also with no pis/fighting at full capacity, wouldnt that kind rule out cis in effect

Avlon
sorry gotta disagree it was a plot device imho.

No, his self doubt is CIS and thus part of his character.

he not going to be eternity in a forum fight as he only took eternity place,he objective is battling ion with the ig itself not attempting to replace him,if you get me so to speak.

Never said ION was eternity either, but noting an interesting observation. Thanos left his body and lost the power of the IG.

also with no pis/fighting at full capacity, wouldnt that kind rule out cis in effect

With no PIS Thanos will have full knowledge of his powers, and so will Kyle. CIS is still Thanos issue though.

Enyalus

Except Ion's power was not infinite. He says as much in a narration panel (GL 150, I posted the scan in the Ion vs. Abstracts thread), AFTER he has the power for roughly a week. He would know.

The other two times anything similar is mentioned are before Kyle possesses the full Ion force. Narration mentions it being the 'proverbial hand of God' and a Qwardian mentioned that the Ion force would make Nero omnipotent.

With regard to the first, let's look at the word 'proverbial' - which means like/similar to...it's a metaphor. Hyperbole.

With regard to the second, this Qwardian never possessed the Ion force, never felt the full power of the Ion force, and isn't even from the same universe where the power originates.

Kyle claims the power is 'nearly unlimited.' This after HE is actually wielding it for over a week. And only backs up what Highfather says regarding the Godwave and the Oan Battery in Genesis. Who is the more credible source?

Except Kyle wasn't even close to being omniscient and Thanos was. And Thanos was able to defeat decisively every major abstract in the MU under the LT with his power. Kyle was still learning - taking a few days time to learn how to read the surface of peoples minds.

1) Thanos won his fights. He self-destructed afterwards. This is a fight.
2) Warlock hid from him in Marvel: The End, not the Infinity Gauntlet saga.

3rd is that little loophole with the IG that Thanos suffered. He became eternity and thus lost the IG.

Thanos rid himself of his mortal body because he saw it as a vulnerability. He can step back into it at any time. It again has no bearing on this battle.

Originally posted by Galan007
However, we should technically be able to use feats from ZH-Parallax, considering Ion had the exact same powerset (ie. the cumulative power of the Central Battery,) and much more.

I beg to differ, good sir. stick out tongue ZH Parallax not only had the entire Central Battery but also was absorbing large amounts of chronal and entropic energies. In other words, he was amped.

Nihilist
]No, his self doubt is CIS and thus part of his character.
how many other instances can you remember of his self doubt

my point being he wouldnt be in eternitys form for this battle as a "eternity"he had no feats

the only cis thing he did was leave his physical form vulnerable when he took eternity place,which he wouldnt be doing in a battle with ion

Galan007
I beg to differ, good sir. stick out tongue ZH Parallax not only had the entire Central Battery but also was absorbing large amounts of chronal and entropic energies. In other words, he was amped. I know, but you can't ding me for at least trying to help Ion out.... He was such a cool character. stick out tongue

At any rate, Ion just doesn't have the feats to match up to the IG/HOTI (same thing.) imo.

Enyalus
I know, but you can't ding me for at least trying to help Ion out.... He was such a cool character. stick out tongue

I wish he would've sparred with Superman, just for the lulz.

Yeah, Ion - and Kyle, are cool. big grin

Philosophía
IG/HOTI (same thing.)

Due to the statement about IG's external control in MU:The End ?

Galan007

Enyalus
That, and the fact that Thanos called the IG "the heart of the universe":

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1168865_ig1.jpg

shifty

sad I was saving that scan for a future debate.

Avlon
how many other instances can you remember of his self doubt

That storyline is all I need for this thread. It was clearly stated.

my point being he wouldnt be in eternitys form for this battle as a "eternity"he had no feats

And again, it was an interesting loophole.

the only cis thing he did was leave his physical form vulnerable when he took eternity place,which he wouldnt be doing in a battle with ion

Which would be due to his losing due to self doubt and foreshadowed earlier in that same arc.

Philosophía
No, due to Thanos calling the IG "the heart of the universe":

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1168865_ig1.jpg

shifty

He also calls himself supreme being/all powerfull and God's might throughout the issue. He clearly also has the real life comic writers' power given form in comics.

You've convinced me. uhuh

Galan007
haw-som

skyfather
ig ftw

too many better feats

TricksterPriest
What I find immensely insulting, is people saying that Spectre cannot compete here, or that he would lose to those abstracts.

Did you all forget about the Logoz?

I'm Bran
What I find immensely insulting, is people saying that Spectre cannot compete here, or that he would lose to those abstracts.

Did you all forget about the Logoz? lulz

Anyway, CIS only effected Thanos after he fought his opponents and beat them... meaning CIS is only applicable to non battles.

TricksterPriest
That's a fair point. But then again, he never faced anyone who was his equal when he had the gauntlet. So we have no idea how a prolonged fight would play out.

I'm Bran
That's a fair point. But then again, he never faced anyone who was his equal when he had the gauntlet. So we have no idea how a prolonged fight would play out. Equal...

Anyway, Thanos gives up the Gauntlet because he wants to be become a universe... what do you think happens? Seriously, that's not even a point.

TricksterPriest
I'm not arguing that point. I'm just arguing that his self-conscious issues might cost him the win, assuming he's equal to Ion to begin with.

I'm Bran
I'm not arguing that point. I'm just arguing that his self-conscious issues might cost him the win, assuming he's equal to Ion to begin with. When has his self-consciousness cost him the win in battle?

Assuming Ion is equal with the IG to begin with... although one can't deny all the shit Kyle did with the power. As well as Parallax's incredible durability...

TricksterPriest
if you're talking about the arrow through the chest, consider who he was fighting before that.

I'm Bran
if you're talking about the arrow through the chest, consider who he was fighting before that. Didn't he get KO'ed by inexperienced Hal (haven't read it in a while, so meh)? Stalemated by Kyle? Hurt consistently by lesser beings?

Even if he had the full power of Parallax, it still doesn't make him super durable. Even if he's equal to IG in power output, what about his durability?

TricksterPriest
AFAIK, aside from Spectre, whom the bulk of his power was used fending off, nobody really did anything to him until he ran out of gas. And Parallax did manhandle Extant and Trapper.

I'm Bran
AFAIK, aside from Spectre, whom the bulk of his power was used fending off, nobody really did anything to him until he ran out of gas. And Parallax did manhandle Extant and Trapper. Oh, OK. I wasn't aware that he only appeared in one fight scene.

Well, I guess I was wrong about his durability, since he showed incredible offensive output...

TricksterPriest
I saw him take shots from Henshaw, Supes, and many others. I'm also sure he took shots of Entropy from Extant.

Enyalus
I'm also sure he took shots of Entropy from Extant.

They were allies.

hunbu04
people can say whatever they want about the spectre but he is still more powerful than the IG and DOV was proof. In DOV the spectre besically went against the presence will and without his backing and he defeated every single members of the lords of order and chaos and the truth is they were all omnipotent beings and most of them were in their realm and had prep and they still lost. What is stopping the spectre from absorbing the powers of the gems like he did with all shazam power items. ANd saying ion was not omniscient is crazy and even thanos was not absolute omniscient as proof he could not find warlock. Ion cosmic awareness was universal, he was completely omnipresent, nign omnipotent and he could manipulate time/space, and reality to the nign level which is easily on par with what the IG did the storyline

Mindset
heh

xJLxKing
Remember this is Thanos with IG not IG itself. If Thanos can controll the IG perfectly then yesit would be IG(best possible user) vs IOn. However, Thanos cannot control IG perfectly

Mindset
heh

Naija boy
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Remember this is Thanos with IG not IG itself. If Thanos can controll the IG perfectly then yesit would be IG(best possible user) vs IOn. However, Thanos cannot control IG perfectly

what?

starlock
I find it funny that after all this time..there are people trying to give Ion..Parallax's feats....yeah...funny. laughing

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
what?
Read the beginning of the thread. My point is, IG is weapon that give the user mastery of 6 things(Space, power, time..etc). However, it is up to the user to use this power at it's full potential. In this case Thanos is the user(stated on first post). Any ways I don't think he can perfectly control the IG

Naija boy
Read the beginning of the thread. My point is, IG is weapon that give the user mastery of 6 things(Space, power, time..etc). However, it is up to the user to use this power at it's full potential. In this case Thanos is the user(stated on first post). Any ways I don't think he can perfectly control the IG

Where in the infinity saga was it said or even hinted at that thanos did not know how to use the IG to its full potential? Where?

xJLxKing
Where in the infinity saga was it said or even hinted at that thanos did not know how to use the IG to its full potential? Where?
Nowhere, that's the point. I don't believe that he can. Nobody truly can.

Naija boy
Nowhere, that's the point. I don't believe that he can. Nobody truly can.

Wait let me get this straight. Ur belief that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG is unsupported by anything on panel but "thats the point" eek! what u do and do not believe is irrelevant if unsupported by any evidence. It is just then a baseless opinion.

xJLxKing
Wait let me get this straight. Ur belief that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG is unsupported by anything on panel but "thats the point" eek! what u do and do not believe is irrelevant if unsupported by any evidence. It is just then a baseless opinion.
Baseless! Did I not say that? Remember, to be in full control he would be the master of all time, space, power, energy..etc which the Gems give the user. Nothing to be hidden to him. The only people that would overpower him are being who have more masterly then he would(LT, or HOTU, or even TOAA) however, he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said. Unless there is a good explanation, I wont change my answer

Naija boy
Baseless! Did I not say that? Remember, to be in full control he would be the master of all time, space, power, energy..etc which the Gems give the user. Nothing to be hidden to him. The only people that would overpower him are being who have more masterly then he would(LT, or HOTU, or even TOAA) however, he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said. Unless there is a good explanation, I wont change my answer

What kind of joke is this? Thanos was unable to find warlock? when he had the IG? Have u even read infinity gauntlet at all? Who under LT was able to overpower anyone with the IG?

My God eek!

Eon Blue
As Utrigita mentioned, let's add Eternity to the mix. Not that it matters.

Ion would shitcan them easily.

Funny how just by you saying he wins automatically makes it possible.

xJLxKing
What kind of joke is this? Thanos was unable to find warlock? when he had the IG? Have u even read infinity gauntlet at all? Who under LT was able to overpower anyone with the IG?

My God eek!
Did you not hear what I said said? I said noone can overpower the IG unless its LY, HOTU, and TOAA. I also said, Thano was able to find Warlock like...said. Please no to skip through the words

Naija boy
Did you not hear what I said said? I said noone can overpower the IG unless its LY, HOTU, and TOAA. I also said, Thano was able to find Warlock like...said. Please no to skip through the words

Really u are a joke. U said Thanos was UNABLE to find warlock and then implied that it meant that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG.

Now u are saying u said he was ABLE to find him? Are u freaking blind? My God how confused can someone even be.

Also u said that to be if Thanos was in full control of the IG then only HOTU,LT and TOAA would be able to beat him. U now said that he was UNABLE to find warlock and unless there is a good explanation u wont change ur answer ( which was that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG. ) However no such thing ever even happened when thanos had the IG.

xJLxKing
Really u are a joke. U said Thanos was UNABLE to find warlock and then implied that it meant that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG.

Now u are saying u said he was ABLE to find him? Are u freaking blind? My God how confused can someone even be.

Also u said that to be if Thanos was in full control of the IG then only HOTU,LT and TOAA would be able to beat him. U now said that he was UNABLE to find warlock and unless there is a good explanation u wont change ur answer ( which was that thanos did not have full mastery of the IG. ) However no such thing ever even happened when thanos had the IG.
See you are not reading. I said.." however, he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said" and MY explanation is that he did not have full master of the IG

Enyalus
Originally posted by hunbu04
people can say whatever they want about the spectre but he is still more powerful than the IG and DOV was proof. In DOV the spectre besically went against the presence will

laughing out loud

What kind of shit is this? The Presence wasn't even aware of Spectre's freakout until he killed Nabu because to Him it was such a trivial matter. Then he said "Bad dog!" and made Spectre come home and take a new host to avoid that problem in the future.

Enyalus
See you are not reading. I said.." however, he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said" and MY explanation is that he did not have full master of the IG

Hunbu doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. That happens when Thanos has the HOTU, not the IG. And even if you were using that as ass-backwards "proof" that Thanos didn't have full mastery over the IG, let's look at Ion's supposed omniscience...in which he wasn't certain if Jade would be able to defeat Sonar nor that his father knew he was actually Ion.

Guess he didn't have full mastery over the Ion force either, huh?

Mindset
Guys, he doesn't actually read comics.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Guys, he doesn't actually read comics.
Actually i found a great website. It's awesome

psycho gundam

If Thanos "losing mentality" is in effect (and it should be since it's part of his character in that storyline) then ION wins. Power for power though, it should be a stalemate. warlock is one with the soul gem and he's also outside the sway of chaos and order, that's how he can bypass the ig it has nothing to do with his power level cause if it was, eternity and the lt would be off the radar completely.

Naija boy

lol. Are u ok at all? Now u have gone back to claiming u said he was unable to find him? Something which u just denied? ( Note no such thing even happened at all so u r just talking trash anyways).

Lets go thru ur posts again.

Post 1

Note how here u agree with hunbu04 in the nonsense claim that thanos was unable to find warlock. by saying " however he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said." and use it to suppoert ur point that thanos doesnt have full mastery over the IG

Now lets look at post 2

Here u change ur claim and say that u said thanos was ABLE to find warlock negating the first statement. And u have the audacity to tell me im skipping thru words? U are just highly confused.

Now lets look at ur current post

Now u have reverted again to ur initial agreement with hunbu04 that thanos was unable to find warlock and hence did not have full mastery of the IG.

Unbelievable
eek! laughing out loud

xJLxKing
lol. Are u ok at all? Now u have gone back to claiming u said he was unable to find him? Something which u just denied? ( Note no such thing even happened at all so u r just talking trash anyways).

Lets go thru ur posts again.

Post 1

Note how here u agree with hunbu04 in the nonsense claim that thanos was unable to find warlock. by saying " however he was unable to find warlock as hunbu04 said." and use it to suppoert ur point that thanos doesnt have full mastery over the IG

Now lets look at post 2

Here u change ur claim and say that u said thanos was ABLE to find warlock negating the first statement. And u have the audacity to tell me im skipping thru words? U are just highly confused.

Now lets look at ur current post

Now u have reverted again to ur initial agreement with hunbu04 that thanos was unable to find warlock and hence did not have full mastery of the IG.

Unbelievable
eek! laughing out loud
Now I see why this is confusing. I have misspelled a few words like able. Which you clearly saw. In my first statement I said that I believe that Hunbu04 was right! My reason to why hunbu04 though that way was that Thanos can not use the full potential of the IG.

In my second post I mean to say is unable NOT able. Again a small mistake that leads to a big discussion

Enyalus
Now I see why this is confusing. I have misspelled a few words like able. Which you clearly saw. In my first statement I said that I believe that Hunbu04 was right! My reason to why hunbu04 though that way was that Thanos can not use the full potential of the IG.

In my second post I mean to say is unable NOT able. Again a small mistake that leads to a big discussion

Thanos is probably the most qualified being to wield the IG. He's collected all the gems prior to Thanos Quest and even siphoned off their power into a larger, Star Gem. Then he collected them individually in Thanos Quest, on his way to forging the Infinity Gauntlet itself when he has all of them together. Then he was the guardian of the most powerful Infinity Gem, the Reality Gem.

If anyone can wield the IG to its full potential, its him. He does so and embarrasses all the major abstracts with ease.

xJLxKing
Thanos is probably the most qualified being to wield the IG. He's collected all the gems prior to Thanos Quest and even siphoned off their power into a larger, Star Gem. Then he collected them individually in Thanos Quest, on his way to forging the Infinity Gauntlet itself when he has all of them together. Then he was the guardian of the most powerful Infinity Gem, the Reality Gem.

If anyone can wield the IG to its full potential, its him. He does so and embarrasses all the major abstracts with ease.
I never argued that he isn't the best candidate. That's why I choose him, but I don't believe anyone can "truly" use it to it's full potential. If they do they use be the master of....everything

Mindset
I never argued that he isn't the best candidate. That's why I choose him, but I don't believe anyone can "truly" use it to it's full potential. If they do they use be the master of....everything He was the master of the aspects the gems give him.

Enyalus
By feats and by implied power, Thanos w/ IG > Ion. Any version.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
He was the master of the aspects the gems give him.
Obviously. They give him that power, but was he shown to use each and every one

Naija boy
xJLxking have u even read any of the comics where thanos had the IG? Any at all?

Nestical
seriously,anyone that chooses ion is a dipsh@t that knows nothing of the ig.let me guess,some square is gonna fire back with "you dont know about ion".wait for it.....

SuperiorTech
Obviously. They give him that power, but was he shown to use each and every one

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0747/Silver_Surfer_044-11.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0188/Silver_Surfer_044-12.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0588/Silver_Surfer_044-13.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0998/Silver_Surfer_044-14.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0375/Silver_Surfer_044-15.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0192/Silver_Surfer_044-16.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0093/Silver_Surfer_044-17.jpg

joshypooh
ig wins

Mindset
Obviously. They give him that power, but was he shown to use each and every one Why not just read the arc?

That why you don't have to ask asinine questions.

xJLxKing
xJLxking have u even read any of the comics where thanos had the IG? Any at all?
Honestly, only a few so far. Since I don't know the series, number, and the year it was published it is hard to download it, or even buy it. The one I have have shown Thanos using all his abilities(given by IG). However, that's not my dispute. You are probably misunderstanding what I am trying to say because of how I word it. Let me try it this way!. If someone give you a gun that give you a lot of abilities, strenght, and to be the master of Shooting(accuracy)(think of it as IG). How can you proof that you are a master unless you beat another person who also has more power(think of this person as LT).

This is where I get confused and what makes me question the IG. Remember, he is the master of Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, Time, Power, Ego. Basically he is the master of all that is (correct me If I am wrong). However, how can he lose to LT. Remember LT was shown to nullify the IG(right?). So is Thanos truly the master? Maybe he is, but he just can't control it? maybe the "master" is misused, but hey that my Guess.

Naija boy
Honestly, only a few so far. Since I don't know the series, number, and the year it was published it is hard to download it, or even buy it. The one I have have shown Thanos using all his abilities(given by IG). However, that's not my dispute. You are probably misunderstanding what I am trying to say because of how I word it. Let me try it this way!. If someone give you a gun that give you a lot of abilities, strenght, and to be the master of Shooting(accuracy)(think of it as IG). How can you proof that you are a master unless you beat another person who also has more power(think of this person as LT).

This is where I get confused and what makes me question the IG. Remember, he is the master of Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, Time, Power, Ego. Basically he is the master of all that is (correct me If I am wrong). However, how can he lose to LT. Remember LT was shown to nullify the IG(right?). So is Thanos truly the master? Maybe he is, but he just can't control it? maybe the "master" is misused, but hey that my Guess.

Thanos with the IG was the master of all that is but still under LT who is second only to TOAA. Thanos was able to easily defeat all the abstracts and cosmic beings who themselves had a given level of mastery of time, space,reality etc. Its not that he coudnt control it, its that the IG gives u mastery of everything with u still being below LT

xJLxKing
Thanos with the IG was the master of all that is but still under LT who is second only to TOAA. Thanos was able to easily defeat all the abstracts and cosmic beings who themselves had a given level of mastery of time, space,reality etc.
No no I understand that. I saw the scans from respect threads and other websites. So far it goes something like this
TOAA-He is an image of god, or the writer of marvel
HOTU(with user)-this has the power of god
LT-Stated to be second to god
IG(with user)-Allows you to be master of space, soul, mind, ...etc

Now if you are a master you are the stronger. That's the term, right? However, how is he overpowered then? It just means it proven wrong.

It like me saying I am the king and master of Kick Boxing. That's true till someone comes and kicks my ass. Most likely going to be you big grin Right?
so in this case Ig give you incredible power but not the ability to be the Master of everything that is. I am probably wrong; This is a Speculation on my part

Naija boy
No no I understand that. I saw the scans from respect threads and other websites. So far it goes something like this
TOAA-He is an image of god, or the writer of marvel
HOTU(with user)-this has the power of god
LT-Stated to be second to god
IG(with user)-Allows you to be master of space, soul, mind, ...etc

Now if you are a master you are the stronger. That's the term, right? However, how is he overpowered then? It just means it proven wrong.

It like me saying I am the king and master of Kick Boxing. That's true till someone comes and kicks my ass. Most likely going to be you big grin Right?
so in this case Ig give you incredible power but not the ability to be the Master of everything that is. I am probably wrong; This is a Speculation on my part

In marvel there are different levels mastery which a person can attain. Hence chronos who was the god of time and had complete "mastery" of it still was unable to overcome thanos with IG because he had the time gem which gave thanos the superior absolute master of time. Similarly thanos was the "master" of evrything below LT level. LT on the other hand is the "master" of evrything below HOTU and TOAA level. And HOTU/TOAA is the overall "master" of evrything

xJLxKing
In marvel there are different levels mastery which a person can attain. Hence chronos who was the god of time and had complete "mastery" of it still was unable to overcome thanos with IG because he had the time gem which gave thanos the superior absolute master of time. Similarly thanos was the "master" of evrything below LT level. LT on the other hand is the "master" of evrything below HOTU and TOAA level. And HOTU/TOAA is the overall "master" of evrything
That's all I was ever trying to prove

Enyalus
xJx, if it is your contention that Thanos didn't have full control over the IG, then the burden of proof falls to you in order to prove it. Do so if you can or concede the point - Thanos was surpreme save for the "One Who Is Above Gods." And even the Living Tribunal was unsure if he would be able to take the gauntlet from Warlock by force, stating that the battle would lay waste to all realities..

Ion pales in comparison.

xJLxKing
xJx, if it is your contention that Thanos didn't have full control over the IG, then the burden of proof falls to you in order to prove it. Do so if you can or concede the point - Thanos was surpreme save for the "One Who Is Above Gods." And even the Living Tribunal was unsure if he would be able to take the gauntlet from Warlock by force, stating that the battle would lay waste to all realities..

Ion pales in comparison.
I don't like to argue in this fight. My guess wouks go to Ion beause I hate Thanos. My entire argument was to proof a few thing. one which was the word "master" is misused.

Enyalus
I don't like to argue in this fight. My guess wouks go to Ion beause I hate Thanos. My entire argument was to proof a few thing. one which was the word "master" is misused.

SuperiorTech posted scans on the previous page that "prove" otherwise.

Nihilist
I don't like to argue in this fight. My guess wouks go to Ion beause I hate Thanos. My entire argument was to proof a few thing. one which was the word "master" is misused. you guess because you hate thanoslulz are you the great galens sock?

xJLxKing
you guess because you hate thanoslulz are you the great galens sock
NO, I am not galen! Again it's a guess! i don't know enough about them both to say who would win. This kind of fight is probably like Ig and LT(it would destroy reality)

Nihilist
NO, I am not galen! Again it's a guess! i don't know enough about them both to say who would win. This kind of fight is probably like Ig and LT(it would destroy reality) dont just guess, it's serious buisness this you know ahah

xJLxKing
dont just guess, it's serious buisness this you know ahah
What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.