Favorite Movie Review Websites

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stoobear
What are your favorite movie review websites?

I'd have to say Rottentomatoes and Crazy Critics.

Rottentomatoes - aggregates critics reviews- so we don't have to just rely on one or two reviews we read in our local paper, gorgeous website love the colors and lots of cool features
www.rottentomatoes.com

Crazy Critics - because so many times we disagree with critics- plus the review system is comparable to Rottentomatoes so for example Quantum of Solace has 65% on RT but it has 100% on CC
www.crazycritics.com

IMDB -is great also - so much information and I love the movie trivia feature.
www.imdb.com

jaden101
for reviews i only ever really use metacritic although i do use IMDB to get information about films rather than reviews...and i use apple trailers to get....oddly enough...trailers

Impediment
I don't listen to critics. I prefer to have an opinion of my own.

For the record:

IMDB is shit.

Rotten Tomatoes is pompous and uninformed.

Crazy Critics......, well, never heard of them 'till now.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i just usually go either here or IMDB awesrg

jinXed by JaNx
I like going here http://furyofthefilmfan.ning.com/ Fury started out doing reviews on youtube but due to the licensing stipulations that youtube has been enforcing on movie clips, he started his own site. I dig his reviews but i also like his site because it's a place for users to make and post their own reviews as well.

The other sites i browse for reviews are

Mania.com
Aintitcoolnews.com
Bloody-disgusting.com
Imdb.com

MildPossession
IMDB for past/present information only, don't read reviews or the messageboards because it's mostly full of negative morons arguing for the sake of arguing and that's all they do.

Best places are the well known blogs who get all the film news and it usually turns out right.

I stick mostly to magazines like Sight and Sound.

stoobear
yeah I agree the message boards on IMDB can be predominantly negative- but they can also be fun if there are a lot of ppl all on at once. Plus a lot of ppl will go on the message boards right after a movie or tv show ends and they can discuss it with other people. I guess it has its ups and downs.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Impediment

For the record:

IMDB is shit.

Crazy Critics......, well, never heard of them 'till now. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

For the record:

IMDB is shit.

Crazy Critics......, well, never heard of them 'till now.

QFT

SelinaAndBruce
I love Rotten Tomatoes. I just LOVE movie reviews from critics. Sometimes the snark is way better than the movies. Especially if a movie is bad. I just saw the Unborn and went to RT to read the reviews and I was in tears because the movie is just as bad as the reviewers so snarkily put it.

I also frequent IMDB.com. It's just fun to discuss it with people on the boards even though there are some nuts, but hey they are all around. And of course I am here. I guess I am something of a movie buff lol since I frequent three sites

Mr Parker
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
i just usually go either here or IMDB awesrg

same here and Impediment is right,Rotten tomatoes is pompous and uninformed.not only that but totally overrated and not accurate at all like people like to believe it is.

MildPossession
Some? No, there are A LOT of idiots on it, I don't get the same problem on the other message boards I am on.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
Some? No, there are A LOT of idiots on it, I don't get the same problem on the other message boards I am on.

You got that right.yeah the other movie message boards you go to the posters are much more easier to get along with than they are here by leaps and bounds.

Master Crimzon
What's not accurate about Rotten Tomatoes?

Mr Parker
what I meant is I have seen some people at boards -even one here on this thread,worship them like the ultimate god.that because some reviewers posted opinions about a movie,they ignorantly think that the majority of moviegoers have the same view as them. laughing

liebe911
I don't read reviews to watch a film just go and watch it thats all, Its done mainly because different people have different likes so I like myself to be the judge.

fini
I like Imdb for movie info, not necessarily for reviews, I tend to stick to aintitcool.com for those and random review sites if I'm really interested in the rating( or perceived rating)

Darth Martin
At the Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.