Tron: Legacy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Time to get a thread going!
After a couple of supporting actresses have been cast - Beau Garrett, Olivia Wilde - they have finally settled on a lead actor.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i4790a46c9905faf37800bb951922ec3f

Kento
Second Tron....sweet

BruceSkywalker
the original tron was ahead of its time..

with great cgi and a decent story this should be good

roughrider
That test footage they screened for Comic Con last summer, is on YouTube. You have to blur your eyes a little to make it out, but what they showed impressed me. thumb up

DethRose
Wow! A new Tron? Groovy!

kodak
im just glad its not a remake.

roughrider
Finally, a crystal clear version of the VFX test trailer!
eek!

You can check it out here - http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2010/Tron-Legacy/trailer.php

steverules_2
Looks good, Flynn the bad guy in this one? confused

roughrider
Originally posted by steverules_2
Looks good, Flynn the bad guy in this one? confused

No, I don't think so. It seems Flynn has been missing for like 20 years, and his son Sam (Garrett Hedlund) is retracing his steps, leading him to the same virtual world of the MCP. Maybe Flynn has become a sort of master user or God there. That's just my guess.
And Olivia Wilde has been cast as a virtual siren. big grin

steverules_2
Looked like Flynn killed some guy in the trailer unless I was mistaken erm But it seemed like some evil thing or something

roughrider
Looked like Flynn killed some guy in the trailer unless I was mistaken erm But it seemed like some evil thing or something

Remember, this was just a VFX test done by the director, to show Disney & the fans what he can do, and what the look of the film will be like. It was first shown at Comic Con 2008; the film actually started shooting last April.

steverules_2
So it's not footage or a trailer...just a test they did...they haven't changed flynn into some power hungry God or anything like that...cuz if they did that'd kinda ruin it...

roughrider
So it's not footage or a trailer...just a test they did...they haven't changed flynn into some power hungry God or anything like that...cuz if they did that'd kinda ruin it...

Well...
It might be a logical progression. erm

He did gain Godlike power once before in this universe. We'll see.

steverules_2
He did? When did he do that and how? I dunno if I've missed something in tron...confused

Jaeh.is.Awesome
hm. I need to see this.

but the first, first.

roughrider
He did? When did he do that and how? I dunno if I've missed something in tron...confused

Remember, as a 'User' downloaded into the form of a 'Program' he started demonstrating reality warping powers. Changing his aura, putting together the body of a recognizer ship, dissolving solid matter - eventually he challenged the omnipotent MCP in his home domain and battled him to a standstill, so Tron could strike the fatal disc shot.

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
Remember, as a 'User' downloaded into the form of a 'Program' he started demonstrating reality warping powers. Changing his aura, putting together the body of a recognizer ship, dissolving solid matter - eventually he challenged the omnipotent MCP in his home domain and battled him to a standstill, so Tron could strike the fatal disc shot.

When you said this universe I thought you meant when he wasn't in the computer world, but yeah I remember

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64011

roughrider
OHHH Yeahhh....

darthmaul1
there is another trailer that just came out.

http://www.joblo.com/video/joblo/player.php?video=Grid_1tlr_852x352_480p

Hitosu Morlko
Could someone explain Tron to me. i am really ignorant and dont really know what is going on

Kazenji
Originally posted by darthmaul1
there is another trailer that just came out.

http://www.joblo.com/video/joblo/player.php?video=Grid_1tlr_852x352_480p

Oh look what i just posted just above you .....

. Hitosu Moriko
(reported)

Doctor-Alvis
When I saw that test footage and got me thinking about what other kinds of programs Flynn would have made and what happened to them. Like maybe they're holding him hostage or something.

lyb42

Kazenji
Read they've already started working on another sequel and this one has'nt even been released.

Vinity

Kazenji
What the ??

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Read they've already started working on another sequel and this one has'nt even been released.

I've read that there's supposed to be a ten-part TV series, following this on Disney's HD channel.
I suppose this indicates confidence, that they have a big piece of WOW ready to spring on us.

If it is a monster success, it will be deserved for writer/ producer Steven Lisberger more than anyone else. Back in 1982, his groundbreaking first film got pushed aside by the E.T. juggernaut, but it joined a group of films that summer that became some of the biggest cult phenomenons of the decade - Blade Runner, John Carpenter's The Thing, and The Road Warrior. All have aged better than E.T., all have been revisited and /or have followups.

steverules_2
This movie looks amazing

roughrider
This movie looks amazing

I just hope it's no Speed Racer.

roughrider
eek! ...HOLY WOW...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-tron-legacy-comic-con-trailer.html

roughrider
Originally posted by roughrider
eek! ...HOLY WOW...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-tron-legacy-comic-con-trailer.html

And DOUBLE HOLY WOW for the newest trailer!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810096458/info

Impediment
This looks like a very fun film. I remember watching the first Tron years ago when I was 5 years old.

The Nuul
This looks great. That last trailer sealed the deal for me. And Daft Punk doing the soundtrack is awesome. It better not suck.

The Nuul
Just got the soundtrack, its good.

The Nuul
But every songs the same.

Kazenji
Why 3 posts?

coolmovies
This just might beat Avater at the box office

The Nuul
Why 3 posts?

Dunno... confused The time of those posts wouldnt let me edit.

SnakeEyes
Don't really get the hype for this. First Tron was terrible, and this one doesn't seem that special. Cool effects; I'll dl the Daft Punk score but that's about it for me. Might see it with my friends.

roughrider
Thanks for whoever renamed the thread Tron: Legacy; it was still known as Tron 2 or Tr2n when I started it.

The Nuul
Getting mixed reviews with average rating of 7.5 or 8/10

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10011582-TRON_legacy/

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137797p1.html

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Getting mixed reviews with average rating of 7.5 or 8/10

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10011582-TRON_legacy/

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137797p1.html

despite that i think it will do well

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't really get the hype for this.

Well most of the hype seems to be mainly through the net

May not seem special to you but it seems to be a bigger improvement from the first one.

SnakeEyes
Well most of the hype seems to be mainly through the net

May not seem special to you but it seems to be a bigger improvement from the first one.

I'm just curious as to why people seem so excited - I doubt they liked (or even saw) the first Tron.

I agree, it looks WAY better than the first Tron, but again that's not saying much.

RE: Blaxican
Pft, you'd be all over it if Christian Bale was in it.

SnakeEyes
I'd be way more interested, that's for sure.

Nominating it for movie of the year before it hit theaters, even.

Kazenji
I'm just curious as to why people seem so excited - I doubt they liked (or even saw) the first Tron.

Probably getting all caught up in all the SFX it has, I know thats one reason i'm interested in it besides of few others that i'm looking forward to it.

Darth Martin
This looks awesome. I doubt it dethrones Inception as MOTY but that's ok.

MildPossession
So far, reviews I've read don't think much of it at all...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by MildPossession

see this...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
despite that i think it will do well

BruceSkywalker
monday night i will be seeing this at the el capitan theater in hollywood

dadudemon
Originally posted by MildPossession

They gave Independence Day and Transformers bad reviews, as well.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by dadudemon
They gave Independence Day and Transformers bad reviews, as well.

We might want to go with a different comparison...

Let's go with "Predator," "Happy Gilmore," "Equilibrium," "Man on Fire," "Boondock Saints," "Hook," and "Mighty Ducks."

trubleclef
Don't really get the hype for this. First Tron was terrible, and this one doesn't seem that special. Cool effects; I'll dl the Daft Punk score but that's about it for me. Might see it with my friends.

I hope the movie does well too - but I doubt it'll outperform Avatar.
Anyway, saw this on another site, says where you can download the soundtrack:

TRON: LEGACY Soundtrack releases December 7th with musical score by DAFT PUNK. Pre-order the soundtrack now and get an EXCLUSIVE movie-sized glow in the dark poster of DAFT PUNK only available by purchasing on tronsoundtrack.ca

General_Iroh
Definitely looking forward to this, wasn't a big fan of the original, but I love me some Jeff Bridges, should be solid

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

good to see jeff bridges and bruce boxleitner return...

Garrett Hedlund was all right as sam flynn..

story was pretty good..

all in all i thought it was very good and improved on the original

8/10

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

good to see jeff bridges and bruce boxleitner return...

Garrett Hedlund was all right as sam flynn..

story was pretty good..

all in all i thought it was very good and improved on the original

8/10

Thanks for the review.

I will have to see this tonight...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Thanks for the review.

I will have to see this tonight...

u welcome

Kazenji
Back from seeing it too

Good story and much better special effects big improvement

8.5/10

lovelycam
Hi I saw an advanced seeing on wednesday, I got there basically when the girls in white dress up the guy, what did I miss? I pretty much got the hang of it but I feel like i def missed something.

The Nuul
lol

lovelycam
aww cmon serious answers please sad I actually really enjoyed the movie..and want to know if I missed something important ..

The Nuul
Buy the ticket and see it again.

lovelycam
well if anyone else saw it please let me know! don't need full description just any key information i missed thanks smile

General_Iroh
Saw it last night, it was definitely the best movie I've seen in a long time. Olivia wilde btw was insanely hot in this. All of the actors were great, Michael Sheen was brilliant as usual, and Kevin Flynn was pretty much Super Cyber Jesus. The story was good enough to hold your attention, but the actors, visuals and daft punk's score for the movie were really all amazing.

AsbestosFlaygon
The lead actor's acting skill is subpar.

General_Iroh
He wasn't great, but there wasn't anything subpar about him really erm

Kazenji
Personally i think he acted better then unlike say Hayden Christensen.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by General_Iroh
He wasn't great, but there wasn't anything subpar about him really erm
Wear your eyeglasses and watch the final scenes again.

roughrider
Originally posted by lovelycam
aww cmon serious answers please sad I actually really enjoyed the movie..and want to know if I missed something important ..

You can't make the effort to get there on time, you don't get an answer. I mean, you went in after it was 25 mintues or so in? Show respect for the filmmakers. Go to Wikipedia if you need a plot summary.

I know it's getting mixed reviews - mixed, not terrible - but so did the original film when it came out. I enjoyed it a lot - I saw the first film in the theatres back in 1982 - and got into all the homages to the first film.
It certainly wants to be more ambitious than the average blockbuster, just like the first film. The story goes to the logical conclusion, from what happened in the first film.

galina
I will definitely explore the web-source that you have shared roughrider with all of us in spare time.

the ninjak
The soundtrack was awesome!

Cold Retro Synth. Love it

Kazenji
15 easter eggs in Tron: Legacy

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/15-easter-eggs-to-watch-out-for-in-tron-legacy/

K.Diddy
beer I seen this last night,definitely a big improvement over the original,I felt with the technology we have now you could see the Tron world how it was probably originally imagined.The sfx were amazing the story was ok,all in all a 7/10

jaden101
Saw it tonight...I have to say that for 3d it's up there with avatar...Some of it was seamless and didn't have that see-through jitteriness that a lot of 3d films seem to suffer from.

I really don't know why one of the criticisms of the film it Flynn's cheesy dialogue when it's obviously straight from the 80s as it should be given the plot.

Some scenes were truly astonishing visually...The soundtrack was spot on and will be getting purchased. The CGI of Clu was not the best though...Doesn't really seem to have moved on all that much from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It still suffers from the difficulty in making the mouth movements seem natural.

The plot was decent enough...Obviously left open for a sequel in several ways...Namely the film's namesake character.

Overall I'd give it an 8...It has to be seen in 3D though...I know some of you have difficulty watching 3D but this film and Avatar are the only 2 so far that are worth the effort.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jaden101

It has to be seen in 3D though...I know some of you have difficulty watching 3D but this film and Avatar are the only 2 so far that are worth the effort.

erm I agree,I think if I seen it at home in 2D,I would of rated it a bit lower,maybe a 6/10 or even 5.5/10. Makes me wonder how this movie will go in the dvd market,as I personally wont bother buying the dvd,As I feel this movie is mainly made to be a cinema experience

FistOfThe North
Saw this yesterday. I liked it. I liked the 80's feel it had to it. Jeff Bridges' younger face still had the uncanny valliness to it but it looked better that any facial animation I'd ever seen on film. Story was good. Graphics were great.

It kinda had that mass effect meets starwars meets star trek feeling to it.

So what happened to the tron universe then?

General_Iroh
Overall I'd give it an 8...It has to be seen in 3D though...I know some of you have difficulty watching 3D but this film and Avatar are the only 2 so far that are worth the effort.
Meh, I saw it in 2D and had no complaints, unlike avatar tron was appealing on more than just a visual level.

Mindset
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The lead actor's acting skill is subpar. Nah, he's pretty decent.

The Nuul

K.Diddy
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

So what happened to the tron universe then?

erm I'm assuming it just blew up,from what I gathered

General_Iroh
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm I'm assuming it just blew up,from what I gathered
Nah it's still there the only thing flynn did was kill CLU and to do so he had to destroy himself

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Nah, he's pretty decent. I agree. I thought the movie overall was quite excellent.

Kazenji
Note to Lucas this is how you do movies.

Darth Martin
Did you all see this in 3D? Imax? Both?

I'm seeing it tonight in standard format.

K.Diddy
Nah it's still there the only thing flynn did was kill CLU and to do so he had to destroy himself

erm Hang on....So Flynn is dead?

jaden101

And more to the point....Is Tron still alive?

K.Diddy
And more to the point....Is Tron still alive?

erm I assumed he is,as when he dropped into the water and turned blue,I took that as he must of survived whatever actually happened,Which I originally thought the tron universe exploded......I think I need to see this again.....

Kazenji
Well they do have plans for more sequels might have something to do with Tron returning.

General_Iroh
Yeah, if you recall the girl, who's name escapes me at the moment, told Sam that Flynn would have to destroy himself in order to delete CLU

K.Diddy
Yeah, if you recall the girl, who's name escapes me at the moment, told Sam that Flynn would have to destroy himself in order to delete CLU

erm Thats right,I do recall that actually,but was it just me or did it look like the universe just blew up in the end?

General_Iroh
erm Thats right,I do recall that actually,but was it just me or did it look like the universe just blew up in the end?
It was definitely a massive explosion, but from my understanding of tron it's not something that Flynn created, it is what goes on in computers. If computers exist then tron's universe exists. At least that my understanding of it, could be wrong. I think the explosion just destroyed the portal to the human world.

Darth Martin
This movie sucked. It looked great but that's it. No cool scenes, story left me stranded, stupid film IMO.

B-but you liked Iron Man 2?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Martin
This movie sucked. It looked great but that's it. No cool scenes, story left me stranded, stupid film IMO. How did this movie suck ?

jnsmith0123

K.Diddy
It was definitely a massive explosion, but from my understanding of tron it's not something that Flynn created, it is what goes on in computers. If computers exist then tron's universe exists. At least that my understanding of it, could be wrong. I think the explosion just destroyed the portal to the human world.

beer I seem to understand now,thanks

K.Diddy
Originally posted by quanchi112
How did this movie suck ?

erm I half agree with him,The movie far from sucked,but take out the 3D and Theatre experience that the movie gave out,I think I would rate it lower for sure

Darth Martin
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
B-but you liked Iron Man 2? Iron Man 2 was far better than this. Credible cast, equally impressive visuals, great action, humor throughout, etc. This has one or two of those but not much else.

Originally posted by quanchi112
How did this movie suck ? I just told you. The story was...... What story? The action was...... What action? It was nothing but visuals, eyecandy, etc. Music was ok. No substance at all. I didn't see it in 3D so maybe that's why I wasn't blown away. I know Disney made this but it literally felt like this was made for kids. Which is weird seeing how the original(which I have not seen) was made over two decades ago. I'm aware it's rated PG but damn.......

I kept waiting on the movie to go somewhere and do something. Nothing happened. Flynn went to the grid. Bridges' character is introduced. We are forced into looking at impressive visuals but that's it.

This was my second most anticipated movie of the year behind Inception. It grossly failed to meet said expectations. Suprised you guys are mentioning this and Avatar in the same breath. Avatar, far from perfect, blows this film out of the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwvuirSEAA

BTW, this is what got me hyped for this. Dissapointing that this scene wasn't even in the film. This scene>>>>anything in the film I paid to see last week.

Kazenji
If you seriosuly did'nt see any action in this movie you fell asleep erm

erm

Darth Martin
None that met the hype. There was one chase and the throwing of discs. Neither impressive. Hardly grasping.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and Transformers 2: ROTF both were pretty bad but they atleast had some neat action scenes. This had nothing.

LOL @ whoever is telling Lucas this is how you make films. This is nowhere near Revenge of the Sith.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Darth Martin
None that met the hype. There was one chase and the throwing of discs. Neither impressive. Hardly grasping.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and Transformers 2: ROTF both were pretty bad but they atleast had some neat action scenes. This had nothing.

LOL @ whoever is telling Lucas this is how you make films. This is nowhere near Revenge of the Sith.
Lol, there were several fight scenes throughout the movie man. The disc games, the lightbike game, Tron fighting CLU and his men, the fight at castor's, Sam fighting his way to get Flynn's disc back, the light planes chase, and CLU trying defeat Flynn and get to the real world.
But yeah other than that there was no fighting no expression

Darth Martin
It was boring. None of that stuff was impressive. I know I may sound a little immature writing this stuff but this is how I felt about the film. I had such high expectations and it was just like "meh" while watching it. Big dissapointment. Not saying you can't like it but I though it was pretty bad.

jinXed by JaNx
i was never to keen on the first Tron but i liked this one.

Kazenji
G2DzuumNbgc

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i was never to keen on the first Tron but i liked this one.

erm I agree,I thought the first one was horrible

axehooper
TRON: Legacy has been one of the most promoted films of the year. The real star of the film is Garrett Hedlund. It's fantastic effects certify the sequel as being the most visually appealing film. I loved this film! Technically incredible on just about every level.

Kazenji
Apparantly a teaser for the next sequel will be on the dvd

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bleedthefreak/news/?a=28589

The Nuul
This was pretty good. Impressed by the directors direction since its his first time.

7.5/10

Kazenji
Watch 10-Minute Short "TRON: The Next Day"

"to serve as a bridge between TRON: Legacy and possibly more adventures in the franchise"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75204

DarthSaeris
I was just able to watch Tron: Legacy the other day and even though the story was a tad bit weak I still enjoyed it. The actors were entertaining enough and the visuals are of course awesome. I just hope they up the bar for storytelling in the next one. And Olivia is just smokin hot!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.