favorite nonfiction books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danceken1
Hi everyone I need some good nonfiction books to read any one have some recommendations thanks Kenney

jaden101
"Thermopylae" by Paul Cartelage. It can be a bit dry and times but it's factual accuracy is fascinating.

rhosze
Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind by V. S. Ramachandran

Bardock42

AC/DC'S_LVR
"Do Fish Drink Water"
i cant remember the author at the moment but it has a lot of great little known facts and its a real fun read if you feel like imoressing your friends

Bardock42
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
"Do Fish Drink Water"
i cant remember the author at the moment but it has a lot of great little known facts and its a real fun read if you feel like imoressing your friends

Bill McLain

How do I know?

Googled it.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Bardock42
Bill McLain

How do I know?

Googled it.
yeah that dood
i didnt feel like google-ing it when i have it upstairs in my room if that makes any sense to you haermm2

Prabhodh
'The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA' by James Watson.

Also, 'Negotiating with the Dead' by Margaret Atwood.

AC/DC'S_LVR
The Zombie Survival Guide-Max Brooks

AC/DC'S_LVR
The Rules of Civility-George Washington

shane8874
The Da Vinci Code! It was a great book altho not all of it is fact....characters stroyline ect.

Prabhodh
Originally posted by shane8874
The Da Vinci Code! It was a great book altho not all of it is fact....characters stroyline ect.

Ahhh, none of that was fact and the characters and storyline was crappola.

Bardock42
yeah that dood
i didnt feel like google-ing it when i have it upstairs in my room if that makes any sense to you haermm2 It makes perfect sense, my urge to google is closely linked to the computer i am on as well.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by shane8874
The Da Vinci Code! It was a great book altho not all of it is fact....characters stroyline ect. Originally posted by Prabhodh
Ahhh, none of that was fact and the characters and storyline was crappola.
i thought it was a good book even though its fiction waaaaaaaay better than the movie at least

Originally posted by Bardock42
It makes perfect sense, my urge to google is closely linked to the computer i am on as well.
you must be a cyborg shock

Deano
the holographic universe by michael talbot
vatican assasins - eric phelps

any book by david icke

Prabhodh
i thought it was a good book even though its fiction waaaaaaaay better than the movie at least

Writing wise, it was dismal. And if you had read any of his other novels before you read this one, you would have realised who the bad guy was about 1/3 of the way into it.

All of the novels I've read from him: protagonist gets sucked into an idiotic scandal that puts life in danger. He goes and spills the beans to the closest old crackpot he can find. The old crackpot turns out to be the bad guy.

He adds so much irrelevant and romantacised jabber, it's annoying.

BruceSkywalker
too many books to name...

i love both the da vinci code novel and the movie even more

AC/DC'S_LVR
i want to get Angels & Demons so i can read it before the movie comes out

BruceSkywalker
i want to get Angels & Demons so i can read it before the movie comes out

I love Angels & Demons, excellent novel..

HoldenCaulfield
Originally posted by Deano
any book by david icke

Ha.

leonheartmm
the conquest of happiness - bertrand russel

{really, any book by bertrand russel is a great book}

busyreader
Stalingrad - Anthony Beevor. Fascinating stuff...

teamB_macro
irving stone's bios: lust for life (van gogh) and the agony and the ecstasy (michelangelo). and also chrysler president iacocca's autobiography.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.