Jla vs Xmen enemies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Jla roster

Superman
Green lantern (kyle)
Flash (current flash)
Wonder woman
Orion (without all of his exotic powers, hes at his brick level when he fight superman)
Martian manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman

vs

Apocalypse
Magneto (shields up)
Exodus
Mr. Sinister
Sebastian shaw
Juggernaut
Gladiator
Holocaust
Sabertooth (with all of his upgrades, couldnt think of any other villian)

xJLxKing
The only ones that are dangerous (imo) are Glad, Magneto, and Juggernaut. However, JLA got Flash, GL, MM, Superman, WW, Orion who are all more powerful then most of the X-men villians

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The only ones that are dangerous (imo) are Glad, Magneto, and Juggernaut. However, JLA got Flash, GL, MM, Superman, WW, Orion who are all more powerful then most of the X-men villians

I disagree and majority of the xmen team has high end durability along with being some of the most powerful telepath in marvel.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
I disagree and majority of the xmen team has high end durability along with being some of the most powerful telepath in marvel.
First of all, none of them are even fast as Flash, Superman, and Orion(except Glad). None of them are as strong as Superman, WW, Orion, GL, and MM. The only thing that X-men villians got going for them is their Durability;not all, and not by much

Darth Martin
Sabretooth is out of place here.

Raoul
Jla roster

Superman
Green lantern
Flash
Wonder woman
Orion (without all of his exotic powers, hes at his brick level when he fight superman)
Martian manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman

vs

Apocalypse
Magneto (shields up)
Exodus
Mr. Sinister
Sebastian shaw
Juggernaut
Gladiator
Holocaust

which gl/flash/aquaman?

carver9
First of all, none of them are even fast as Flash, Superman, and Orion(except Glad). None of them are as strong as Superman, WW, Orion, GL, and MM. The only thing that X-men villians got going for them is their Durability;not all, and not by much

I agree, none is as fast as flash but superman and orion would get hit and thats a fact. Just as strong, theres only a couple that has super strength, the others has exotic powers and lets not forget that apocalypse matched hulk strength wise, a angry hulk who is>> anyone on the jla roster strength wise. Durability, mags shield is impenatrable, apocalypse is immortal, along with sinister, the only thing that can hurt him is cykes powers, exodus has a force field capable of taking nukes, juggernaut is the most durable on the field, sebastian shaw amps off of kinetic energy so the only way that they can beat him is by bfring him but lets not forget the more you use you powers on him the faster and stronger AND more durable he gets, holocaust is a personified beast, i put sabertooth in for sneak attacks and he could take some punches and play possum, gladiator>anyone on the field.

cloud102
Orion can negate MANY of the X-Men villains. New Gods on average are immune to telepahy. Still, xmen could probably take it, IF they work together and that's a big IF.

carver9
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion can negate MANY of the X-Men villains. New Gods on average are immune to telepahy. Still, xmen could probably take it, IF they work together and that's a big IF.

that was suppose to be the point, them working together as a team.

Raoul
Jla roster

Superman
Green lantern (kyle)
Flash (current flash)
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman

vs

Apocalypse
Magneto (shields up)
Exodus
Mr. Sinister
Sebastian shaw
Juggernaut
Gladiator
Holocaust

JLA wrecks.

I agree, none is as fast as flash but superman and orion would get hit and thats a fact.

not in this fight, as they'll use their speed.

in your opinion.

he's never faced anything like a jla out to beat him.

immortality does not equal invulnerability.

again, he's never faced anything like the jla.

superman, orion, gl kyle and diana can all hit much harder than nukes.

not going to stop him being bfr'd.

he has limits. even if you argued that he didn't, wally could just steal his kinetic energy.

sneak attacks on who? the green lantern with his shield up? the kryptonian who can hear him coming? the atlantean and martian who can sense him?

what's he going to do, slash hawkman?

debatable.

gah. that was more broken up than i meant it to be.

golem370
Written to his power level Apocalypse has been writen to he would do alot of damage. He has fought High E Living Monolith Ikaris Hulk and everybody else that he's turn into horsemen. He can teleport has telepathic ability shapechange has powerful tech and can increase is mass.

Raoul
Originally posted by golem370
Written to his power level Apocalypse has been writen to he would do alot of damage. He has fought High E Living Monolith Ikaris Hulk and everybody else that he's turn into horsemen. He can teleport has telepathic ability shapechange has powerful tech and can increase is mass.

not saying he wouldn't.

Anti-Monitor
Some Xmen villains will be a problem but all in all JLA speed stomps.

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul
JLA wrecks.

not in this fight, as they'll use their speed.

in your opinion.

he's never faced anything like a jla out to beat him.

immortality does not equal invulnerability.

again, he's never faced anything like the jla.

superman, orion, gl kyle and diana can all hit much harder than nukes.

not going to stop him being bfr'd.

he has limits. even if you argued that he didn't, wally could just steal his kinetic energy.

sneak attacks on who? the green lantern with his shield up? the kryptonian who can hear him coming? the atlantean and martian who can sense him?

what's he going to do, slash hawkman?

debatable.

gah. that was more broken up than i meant it to be.

The x team could possible win a big majority, just wanted to see other people opinions.

Flash would use his speed but with cis on superman and orion would get hit just as much as them hitting anyone else. Them not being hit is only a fans dream and thats it.

Its not my opinion, hulk is overrall stronger then anyone on the battle field unless you can prove that anyone on the jla can hold a planet together with nothing but brute strength.

Hulk strength failed to breach mags field along with a couple of nukes, Im pretty sure that the jla could gather enough force to break through something that has yet to be breach.

I know immortality dont equal invulnerability but noone on the battle field is invulnerable except juggernaut.

Again, they dont have to face anything like the jla but I know that the jla faced similar villians like konvikt and got that ass spanked; juggernaut>konvikt.

I agree, they MIGHT could hit harder then a nuke but who's to say that thats the limit of his durability.

Not going to stop orion from being bfred either since they are numerous on the field that could do it. Hell exodus could telekinetically remove orion from the field.

Or wally could get one shotted since he cant run as fast as he use to, 2000 mps isnt that fast.

I agree with your sabertooth post. Happy Dance

Gladiator has enough on panel showings that prove hes superior then anyone on the field. When I see anyone on the jla solo moving a planet or busting up one, flying out of a solar system destroying blast without feeling it, flying 100 times the speed of light, swimming through a star without suffering any damage then I'll agree with anyone being near his equal since the jla needed three of there heavy guns to move a moon.

carver9

This post is so true, apocalypse is so underrated that its ridiculous, hell I'm almost inclined to believe that apocalypse>despero and we seen the damage that he did to the jla.

cloud102
Glads isn't superior to Orion. Especially at full potential. If that's the case, Orion stomps the shit out of the X-Men lineup.

Raoul
no. cis is on, but they still use their speed under the 'viable tactic' ruling.

can you prove hulk can push a fully powered warworld? no?

yes, they could.

proof?

no. they do. on panel. nukes don't split small planets. unless they're tiny.

how?

facepalm

that right there is trolling. stop.

facepalm

Philosophía
Some people seem to have a hard time seeing the difference between CIS and PIS.

ExodusCloak
Should have added..

Cassandra Nova and Selene instead of Shaw and Sabertooth...

Cassandra Nova could definitely pose a problem.

There's always Mikhail, Darkchild, Goblyn Queen, MJJ and Jamie but we're entering reality warping territory there.

carver9
no. cis is on, but they still use their speed under the 'viable tactic' ruling.

can you prove hulk can push a fully powered warworld? no?

yes, they could.

proof?

no. they do. on panel. nukes don't split small planets. unless they're tiny.

how?

facepalm

that right there is trolling. stop.

facepalm

I didnt realize who I was debating against, how are you doing raoul, long time no debate.

I'm just going to say it like this, I can put up a lot of on panel proof of superman along with orion getting hit with every punch thats thrown from a brick, its just that simple. Now flash, that would be hard to do.

You do know that superman was AMPED when he pushed war world, Im pretty sure if hulk got mad enough he could possible throw war world since he did gather enough strength to punch through a time stream.

How are you saying that they could breach something that has never been breached. Youre basically saying that they could also punch through adamantium since its the jla.

Proof on what, that juggernaut is > konvikt, thats easy. Juggernaut soloed the exemplers who is =/ more powerful then thor. Juggernaut one shotted the stranger, arrow pierced konvikt skin but thor god blast didnt cause juggernaut any kind of harm. Its up for you to prove that konvikt is as powerful or is more powerful then juggernaut since he dont have many showings and please dont use the fact that he fought the jla because hulk fought the avengers and hulk and juggernaut are equals.

Who on the jla split a small planet with brute strength, not talking about flying through one or hyperbole, I'm talking about on panel PROOF because if were using hyperbole then hulk has infinite strength, Wolverine is the best fighter there is, and as much as you hate it, wonder woman is faster then superman. stick out tongue

Exodus has enough control over his tk that he could move a island, Im pretty sure it would be easy for him to tk orion to another state since orion is on his feet in this battle.

I apologize about you thinking I'm trolling but I could have sworn that I read where flash dont go the speed of light anymore due to him suffering a heart attack (or was it a heart attack, I forgot what happened).

Glads>anyone on the field and thats fact.

carver9
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Should have added..

There's always Mikhail, Darkchild, MJJ and Jamie but we're entering reality warping territory there.

I didnt want to use reality warper, I could have easily made this a proteus vs jla thread and proteus would win 10/10 and EASILY without even breaking a sweet.

cloud102
Glads wouls surely lose to an all out Orion and that's a fact, jack.

carver9
Glads wouls surely lose to an all out Orion and that's a fact, jack.

A orion using all of his abilities, I agree but a grounded orion would get ripped in half.

Raoul

ExodusCloak
I didnt want to use reality warper, I could have easily made this a proteus vs jla thread and proteus would win 10/10 and EASILY without even breaking a sweet.

Hmm Nova might be overkill...but I think she might even things out. Maybe Xorn the one with a black hole for a head. I don't think that Villian team you have there can cope with the sheer amount of raw power.

cloud102
A orion using all of his abilities, I agree but a grounded orion would get ripped in half.

Grounded? what are you talking about?

Anti-Monitor
Grounded? what are you talking about?

Not flying I think.

carver9
aye.

might help.

you honestly want me to answer when a) you havent been keeping up on flash comics, b) are stating that your opinion = fact, and c) seem to have not read the debating rules for the forum?

Thats why we debate, to convince each other of the truth, you have done that to me numerous of times and made me realize things that I should have corrected. I know what I say isnt fact and there are a lot of people on here who are convincing and provide enough proof.

I read the rules but I think that people are overdoing it just a bit. Got a question for you, vulcan, you know the xmen enemy flew across the universe in less then a week, that feat alone is>> any of superman feats, surfer, flew across the universe in a panel along with gladiator, that should make there reactian/ movements millions and millions of times faster then the speed of light and that should down right put them faster then anyone in comics. With that said, do you think that superman can hit them?

carver9
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Not flying I think.

Happy Dance

The Pict
Jla roster

Superman
Green lantern (kyle)
Flash (current flash)
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman

vs

Apocalypse
Magneto (shields up)
Exodus
Mr. Sinister
Sebastian shaw
Juggernaut
Gladiator
Holocaust

JLA. Flash will blitz most of them as soon as the fight starts. Juggernaut will have to bfr'd though.

Got a question for you, vulcan, you know the xmen enemy flew across the universe in less then a week, that feat alone is>> any of superman feats,

facepalm

Naija boy
JLA probably stomps

Francisco
Glads would get owned by either Superman or Orion. Current Superman would outright beat him down. Flash, Wonder Woman and Orion would just wreck the rest before they even know what's going on.

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict
JLA. Flash will blitz most of them as soon as the fight starts. Juggernaut will have to bfr'd though.

facepalm

So who would flash take out since majority of the team can fly and has high end durability. We all know for a fact unless you have small knowledge of the characters that sebastian shaw could absorb anything that flash throws at him and lets not forget that we have tk's on the field that could easily remove flash from the battle with just a thought.

cloud102
Orion cant be grounded. Unless he wants to. His Astro Harness is an extension of him and can be created on a whim. Plus he can fly without the harness , so that doesn't matter.

carver9
Originally posted by Francisco
Glads would get owned by either Superman or Orion. Current Superman would outright beat him down. Flash, Wonder Woman and Orion would just wreck the rest before they even know what's going on.

and you're basing this off offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff because on panel glads>anyone on the field and thats strength,durability and speed wise. Lets not forget that fire storm trapped orion in a titanium block that he couldnt get out of but gladiator walked through a titanium door like it was paper to get to the xmen. sad

The Pict
So who would flash take out since majority of the team can fly and has high end durability. We all know for a fact unless you have small knowledge of the characters that sebastian shaw could absorb anything that flash throws at him and lets not forget that we have tk's on the field that could easily remove flash from the battle with just a thought.

ugh3

Have you read a Flash comic before?

Naija boy
U could probably knock off 1 or 2 members of the JLA team and theyd still win

carver9
ugh3

Have you read a Flash comic before?

Love him even though I'm not up to date, I guess you dont think tk works against him huh. Have you ever read a marvel comic before.

Francisco
and you're basing this off offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff because on panel glads>anyone on the field and thats strength,durability and speed wise. Lets not forget that fire storm trapped orion in a titanium block that he couldnt get out of but gladiator walked through a titanium door like it was paper to get to the xmen. sad

Glads got beaten by Gambit and Death bird.. Then he got punched down by Cannon ball.. His powers fluctuate way too much to be a threat to current Superman.
By the way Glads also got beaten by the Hulk who couldn't fly.. I don't see a reason for Orion who's just as strong and as ill tempered as the Hulk not to be able to also give him the beating of his life.

The Pict
Love him even though I'm not up to date, I guess you dont think tk works against him huh. Have you ever read a marvel comic before.

I have 10 times as much Marvel as DC. I prefer Marvel over DC, I just recognise when some characters are superior to others. As is the case here.
Vulcan's 1 feat >> every Superman feat? Shaw absorbing blows from Flash? Anyone acting fast enough to bfr Flash? Just stop posting for a while.

carver9
Glads got beaten by Gambit and Death bird.. Then he got punched down by Cannon ball.. His powers fluctuate way too much to be a threat to current Superman.
By the way Glads also got beaten by the Hulk who couldn't fly.. I don't see a reason for Orion who's just as strong and as ill tempered as the Hulk not to be able to also give him the beating of his life.

Glads never got beaten by gambit and death bird and if you read the cannonball fight then you would know why he got punch as hard as he did, that tactic would work on ANYONE since cannonball can absorb kinetic energy and send it back to you, with that power cannonball could be a top tier if he used it right. Lets not forget that cannonball stalemated the fury. Lets also not forget that gladiator was just fine and didnt get koed with his fight against cannonball even though cannonball hit him with enough force that could have sent him flying to the core of the sun and lets not use low showings because I can go all day with everyone on the jla and have a good time doing it.

Glads got beaten by hulk due to his radiation weakness, did you actually read the comics that you're talking about.

Anti-Monitor

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/2ndopinion.jpg

carver9
I have 10 times as much Marvel as DC. I prefer Marvel over DC, I just recognise when some characters are superior to others. As is the case here.
Vulcan's 1 feat >> every Superman feat? Shaw absorbing blows from Flash? Anyone acting fast enough to bfr Flash? Just stop posting for a while.

No, that one feat>>almost anyone in comics feat and lets not forget that vulcan dont have as many showings as a lot of people so we have to base of off of the little that he has.

Why cant shaw absorb flash punches since he absorbs kinetic energy and punches are full of it. Its up to you to prove that flash could ko someone who has that potential.

Since exodus can fly and flash cant then its pretty obvious that he could bfr him.

cloud102
Jla roster

Superman
Green lantern (kyle)
Flash (current flash)
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman

vs

Apocalypse
Magneto (shields up)
Exodus
Mr. Sinister
Sebastian shaw
Juggernaut
Gladiator
Holocaust

The way I see it:

Apoc-Orion = Orion
Magneto-GL= Magneto
Exodus-Martian Manhunter= MM
Sinister-Hawkman=Sinister
Shaw-WW= wondy
Juggnernaut-Superman= Superman
Gladiator-Flash= Flash
Holocaust-Aquaman= Holocaust

So that leaves Mags, Sinister, Holocaust, Sabretooth against

Orion, MM, Wondy, Superman, Flash.

Orion-Magneto=Orion
Sinister-Wondy=Wondy
Holocaust-Flash=Flash

Sabretooth gets put down with TP.

Not a bad fight, but JLA barely get the majority.

The Pict
No, that one feat>>almost anyone in comics feat and lets not forget that vulcan dont have as many showings as a lot of people so we have to base of off of the little that he has.

Why cant shaw absorb flash punches since he absorbs kinetic energy and punches are full of it. Its up to you to prove that flash could ko someone who has that potential.

Since exodus can fly and flash cant then its pretty obvious that he could bfr him.

Flash can move at faster than lightspeed, you think he's going to let anyone fly into the air?
Shaw has been overloaded and beaten just by falling from a great height. Flash will one shot him.

cloud102
Actually, Flash has shown to run on air, so he'll stomp Exodus if he wants or just give him a seizure. Or freeze him in place.

xJLxKing
Remember noone is as fast as Wally on this fight. Most of them would get beat after a few seconds of the fight. All the JLA have to do is hold against Juggernaut and Gladiator while Flash, GL and WW take on the rest with ease.

BTW flash ran to the moon

carver9
Flash can move at faster than lightspeed, you think he's going to let anyone fly into the air?
Shaw has been overloaded and beaten just by falling from a great height. Flash will one shot him.

Lol, I would love to see this fall, please show me that scan.

I agree with your flash ordeal.

carver9
Remember noone is as fast as Wally on this fight. Most of them would get beat after a few seconds of the fight. All the JLA have to do is hold against Juggernaut and Gladiator while Flash, GL and WW take on the rest with ease.

BTW flash ran to the moon

Lol, so you think that wondy can take on magneto and apocalypse by herself when she has had problems with doctor poloris.

xJLxKing
Lol, so you think that wondy can take on magneto and apocalypse by herself when she has had problems with doctor poloris.
They can't do nothing. I am pretty sure they can just stand their like statues. Wally can steal speed(I think). They would be too slow to react. WW then just comes in and breaks them.

If they are going to win they need some prep time but like this JLA have advantage in speed, and power.

I'm Bran
lulz?

They can't do nothing. double negative

carver9
They can't do nothing. I am pretty sure they can just stand their like statues. Wally can steal speed(I think). They would be too slow to react. WW then just comes in and breaks them.

If they are going to win they need some prep time but like this JLA have advantage in speed, and power.

Now if wally use his speed steel then yes I agree, without that this team would crush them. Wonder woman is full of iron that mags can take advantage of and everyone on the battle field has iron in there blood.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by I'm Bran
lulz?

double negative
mad I was just learning that in class!

xJLxKing
Now if wally use his speed steel then yes I agree, without that this team would crush them. Wonder woman is full of iron that mags can take advantage of and everyone on the battle field has iron in there blood.
Even if he doesn't steal their speed, he can still kill them. Before Magneto can react or try to attack he would be sent to the cosmos, or even the speed force. Same goes for most of the other characters.

carver9
Even if he doesn't steal their speed, he can still kill them. Before Magneto can react or try to attack he would be sent to the cosmos, or even the speed force. Same goes for most of the other characters.

Now I agree with this statement, I shouldnt have used flash.

xJLxKing
Now I agree with this statement, I shouldnt have used flash.
Even if wally isn't in the fight, Superman, or Orion can blow up the planet. The only ones will will survive are WW, Orion, Superman, Glad, Jugg and a few more. Then it's going to be even a bigger advantage.

Think of it this way. Superman can also BFR, or anyone fast as him can take them to the cosmos(space) where most of them can't breath.

Raoul
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/2ndopinion.jpg

profiled.

carver9
Even if wally isn't in the fight, Superman, or Orion can blow up the planet. The only ones will will survive are WW, Orion, Superman, Glad, Jugg and a few more. Then it's going to be even a bigger advantage.

Think of it this way. Superman can also BFR, or anyone fast as him can take them to the cosmos(space) where most of them can't breath.

now I dont agree with this, show me superman or orion destroying a planet with physical might.

Again, glads>supes.
Jugs or apoc>diana

xJLxKing
now I dont agree with this, show me superman or orion destroying a planet with physical might.

Again, glads>supes.
Jugs or apoc>diana
Glad>Superman depending on the confidence of Gladiator.
Now Jugs wont even touch anyone on the battlefield, He is too slow.

Superman and Orion>>earth

golem370
Proof of Flash running in the air please never seen it.

Their are villains of the X-Men who could destroy the JLA rather easily and I am not talking about the Phoenix or The Fury or Goblyn Queen,

Raoul
forgot to answer this, thought i had.

I read the rules but I think that people are overdoing it just a bit. Got a question for you, vulcan, you know the xmen enemy flew across the universe in less then a week, that feat alone is>> any of superman feats,

1. you know i read tons of x-men.

2. how is that above superman? he has a fair few speed feats of his own.

the flash is faster than either of those, yet superman can keep up with him.

Anti-Monitor
Juggs/the tanks can also be BFR.

this could have been better if the was no BFR.

golem370
In the Silver Surfer/Superman crossover I believe it said that Silver Surfer was flying lightyears in seconds

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Should have added..

There's always Mikhail, Darkchild, Goblyn Queen, MJJ and Jamie but we're entering reality warping territory there. shadow king, nimrod, exodus, proteus, legion, etc.

Anti-Monitor
Holocaust, Sabertooth and Shaw are non factors.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shadow king, nimrod, exodus, proteus, legion, etc.

two of the people that you named could solo the jla and one could take a big chunk out of the jla squad. I didnt want to go that far. I think that this team is powerful enough that I put together.

carver9
Holocaust, Sabertooth and Shaw are non factors.

How is holacaust a none factor when hes a 100 tonner who is nigh invulnerable and can suck you life force.

carver9
forgot to answer this, thought i had.

1. you know i read tons of x-men.

2. how is that above superman? he has a fair few speed feats of his own.

the flash is faster than either of those, yet superman can keep up with him.

Superman cant keep up with flash and during the flash and superman race flash was holding back tremendously unless you think that 2000 mps is highest speed.

Anti-Monitor
Vulcan also got punked by Havok. Alex is not even making a scratch on Supes.

Raoul
Superman cant keep up with flash and during the flash and superman race flash was holding back tremendously unless you think that 2000 mps is highest speed.

that was their starting speed. both flash and superman can and have gone faster.

carver9
Vulcan also got punked by Havok. Alex is not even making a scratch on Supes.

That wasnt the question, the question was that vulcan has the highest speed feat in comics by a long shot (except maybe surfer), with that said should superman even be able to touch that person since vulcan feat>>>>>> his.

carver9
I know that superman can beat vulcan but that wasnt the moral of the story.

carver9
that was their starting speed. both flash and superman can and have gone faster.

that was the only speed that was quoted so what are you basing this off of superman being able to keep up with flash since flash goes 10000 of times faster then that.

Anti-Monitor

Who cares, both of them are so much faster than anyone on Team Xmen but Glads.

Francisco
Juggs/the tanks can also be BFR.

this could have been better if the was no BFR.

They don't need to BFR Juggernaut.. Just have his helmet removed so Martian Manhunter mindscrew him.

The same applies to Gladiator. MM can simply mind screw him and get done with it.

golem370
pics of Flash running in the air please.

Anti-Monitor
They don't need to BFR Juggernaut.. Just have his helmet removed so Martian Manhunter mindscrew him.

Yup, Xmen are so out matched here.

golem370
You mean X-Men villains right shifty

Francisco
Glads never got beaten by gambit and death bird and if you read the cannonball fight then you would know why he got punch as hard as he did, that tactic would work on ANYONE since cannonball can absorb kinetic energy and send it back to you, with that power cannonball could be a top tier if he used it right. Lets not forget that cannonball stalemated the fury. Lets also not forget that gladiator was just fine and didnt get koed with his fight against cannonball even though cannonball hit him with enough force that could have sent him flying to the core of the sun and lets not use low showings because I can go all day with everyone on the jla and have a good time doing it.

Glads got beaten by hulk due to his radiation weakness, did you actually read the comics that you're talking about.

The Hulk was beating him badly way before the radiation came into play. Glads attempted to fly him into space and the Hulk beaten him down and was about to trash him when they fell into that atomic reactor.

The thing is that as soon as he starts loosing his confidence Gladiator's powers decrease greatly. The moment he starts traiding blows with either Supes or Orion and he notices that they are ditching out just as much as they take in Glads confidence will go down the toilet along with his power. Then it's game over.

By the way he did got beat up by Gambit and Death Bird.

Anti-Monitor
You mean X-Men villains right shifty

yeah

Anti-Monitor
The Hulk was beating him badly way before the radiation came into play. Glads attempted to fly him into space and the Hulk beaten him down and was about to trash him when they fell into that atomic reactor.

The thing is that as soon as he starts loosing his confidence Gladiator's powers decrease greatly. The moment he starts traiding blows with either Supes or Orion and he notices that they are ditching out just as much as they take in Glads confidence will go down the toilet along with his power. Then it's game over.

By the way he did got beat up by Gambit and Death Bird.

Glads wont loose his confidence that easliy in here, Unless someone manips Rad. the Supreme vs Glads fight is what his lvl is. He just has a jobbing factor about him. Either way this will be a gang bang on Kallark.

Raoul
that was the only speed that was quoted so what are you basing this off of superman being able to keep up with flash since flash goes 10000 of times faster then that.

because heat vision is faster than 2000mps.

Who cares, both of them are so much faster than anyone on Team Xmen but Glads.

carver does, apparently... ermm

I'm Bran
because heat vision is faster than 2000mps.
Where was that stated? smile

Raoul
Where was that stated? smile

you don't think it is?

Anti-Monitor
So, just because 1 person on the xmen villains team is almost as fast as people on JLA that means Xmen villains win.... laughing

I'm Bran
you don't think it is? Carver doesn't.

Raoul
Carver doesn't.

the comic states both men are moving at OVER 2000mps. while moving, superman is behind flash. superman tries to hit flash with a burst of heat vision, the heat vision moves away from superman, but can't catch flash.

faster than superman is moving, but not as fast as flash.

I'm Bran
the comic states both men are moving at OVER 2000mps. while moving, superman is behind flash. superman tries to hit flash with a burst of heat vision, the heat vision moves away from superman, but can't catch flash.

faster than superman is moving, but not as fast as flash. *insert facepalm*

Raoul
*insert facepalm*

confused

I'm Bran
I pulled a Carver.

I needed no explanation of what happened.

The Pict
I pulled a Carver.

laughing out loud

Badabing
I didn't even have to read Carver's posts, just the replies to reach a conclusion.......dur & facepalm @ Carver.

biscuits

Raoul
I pulled a Carver.

peaches

carver9
I hate yall in a good way, by the way raoul, how fast is heat vision and please dont say the speed of light.

Raoul
I hate yall in a good way, by the way raoul, how fast is heat vision and please dont say the speed of light.

i honestly don't know, to be honest... i know its fast. very fast. but i'm not going to claim it's light speed until i see it claimed on panel.

carver9
i honestly don't know, to be honest... i know its fast. very fast. but i'm not going to claim it's light speed until i see it claimed on panel.

I just wanted to know that because I have seen people lift there hands up deflecting supermans heatvision and they move no where near the speed of light.

Raoul
I just wanted to know that because I have seen people lift there hands up deflecting supermans heatvision and they move no where near the speed of light.

what instances are you talking about, just out of curiosity?

carver9
what instances are you talking about, just out of curiosity?

I cant remember any of the instances off hand but I know that it happened, I think that titus did it also along with other beings but hey I could be wrong, I'll try looking for the fight and posting it.

Raoul
I cant remember any of the instances off hand but I know that it happened, I think that titus did it also along with other beings but hey I could be wrong, I'll try looking for the fight and posting it.

no worries, i was just wondering...

I'm Bran
what instances are you talking about, just out of curiosity? I know what instance...

It's where the villain (I forget) casually deflect his HV, and then get's punched a bunch of times by Supes.

It's the scan people use to say Superman is faster than light with his blitz...

The Pict
His HV can "move" pretty fast, he's used it to blind some people who spying on him from the moon, and I'm assuming he was on Earth. That's a huge distance travelled over a few seconds.

From the respect thread.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9708/supermansheatvision24vv.jpg

Badabing
Unless there's evidence to the contrary, wouldn't we think HV moves at the speed of light?

carver9
I know what instance...

It's where the villain (I forget) casually deflect his HV, and then get's punched a bunch of times by Supes.

It's the scan people use to say Superman is faster than light with his blitz...

Thats one instance and thats the fight where superman was punching so fast he was creating sonic booms.

I was talking about the titus fight though.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Unless there's evidence to the contrary, wouldn't we think HV moves at the speed of light?

no where near the speed of light. How fast is cyclops blast because wolverine dodged it point blank range.

Raoul
no where near the speed of light. How fast is cyclops blast because wolverine dodged it point blank range.

cyclops' blast isn't anywhere near as fast as superman's HV.

I'm Bran
cyclops' blast isn't anywhere near as fast as superman's HV. I thought you just said that Supes' blast wasn't the speed of light until evidence was presented...

Because Cyke's blast was said to be the speed of light...

carver9
cyclops' blast isn't anywhere near as fast as superman's HV.

and you're basing this off offfffffffffffffff, I guess because he's superman.

Badabing
no where near the speed of light. How fast is cyclops blast because wolverine dodged it point blank range. Apples and oranges. durOriginally posted by carver9
and you're basing this off offfffffffffffffff, I guess because he's superman. He's basing it off that those are 2 of his favorite characters. Unlike your opinion which is based off of dur knows what. facepalm

Raoul
I thought you just said that Supes' blast wasn't the speed of light until evidence was presented...

Because Cyke's blast was said to be the speed of light...

the cyclops blast being speed of light was heavily contradicted both before and after it was stated. that was, iirc, in the same comic where his blast was bent and warped through a tube.

if his blast was speed of light, then he'd have the reflexes of a snail, and he'd still rarely miss.

and you're basing this off offfffffffffffffff, I guess because he's superman.

not at all.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Apples and oranges. dur

Lol, you made me bust out laughing at work, I think you just caused me my job.

Badabing
Lol, you made me bust out laughing at work, I think you just caused me my job. laughing out loud

carver9
the cyclops blast being speed of light was heavily contradicted both before and after it was stated. that was, iirc, in the same comic where his blast was bent and warped through a tube.

if his blast was speed of light, then he'd have the reflexes of a snail, and he'd still rarely miss.

not at all.

Why do you think that superman heat vision is faster then cykes blast?

Is his blast faster then gladiators also.

I'm Bran
What does it being bent have to do with speed?

He's Cyclops. What's your point?

Raoul
Why do you think that superman heat vision is faster then cykes blast?

Is his blast faster then gladiators also.

from reading the comics.

i don't know about gladiator, tbh. i havent seen him blast in years.

What does it being bent have to do with speed?

the absurdity of the comic and the lack of understanding the writer had of cyclops' powers.

he doesn't have the reflexes of a snail.

carver9
from reading the comics.

i don't know about gladiator, tbh. i havent seen him blast in years.

the absurdity of the comic and the lack of understanding the writer had of cyclops' powers.

he doesn't have the reflexes of a snail.

Theres no proof or indication that supermans blast is faster then cykes and its not the speed of the blast that matters, its the accuracy and I think that cyke is the most accurate person in comics when it comes to eye blasts.

His reflex dont matter when it comes to the speed of the blast

Raoul
Theres no proof or indication that supermans blast is faster then cykes and its not the speed of the blast that matters, its the accuracy and I think that cyke is the most accurate person in comics when it comes to eye blasts.

His reflex dont matter when it comes to the speed of the blast

you're kidding.

I'm Bran
the absurdity of the comic and the lack of understanding the writer had of cyclops' powers. What kind of tube?

he doesn't have the reflexes of a snail. laughing out loud

Philosophía
If there's one thing you should know by now is that Carver isn't kidding.

Ever.

Raoul
What kind of tube?

invisible woman made it, to 'guide' cyclops beam to its target. it was awful.

I'm Bran

I'm Bran
invisible woman made it, to 'guide' cyclops beam to its target. it was awful. Was it a tight tube?

carver9
Carver wasn't programmed with that when he was created to be the ultimate being.

I hate you. mad

carver9
you're kidding.

You dont think cyke is extremely accurate. I honestly think that he is, I guess I give cyke to much credit, I love the character.

Philosophía
Carver wasn't programmed with that when he was created to be the ultimate being.

Sort of like master bruce, the ultimate vigilante.

Only on a bigger scale.

I'm Bran
Carver is Master Bruce's source of knowledge.

Brucey is what Carver employs when he doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

xJLxKing
Who care? JLA screw X-Men enemies to the ground.

carver9
Carver is Master Bruce's source of knowledge.

Can you all change the subject please.

Philosophía

That sounds nasty.

Did you hear that, Bruce ? He's calling you an artificial vagina.

Philosophía
Who care? JLA screw X-Men enemies to the ground.

Is your frequency beeping in and out or something ?

Philosophía
Moving on to more serious business, Magneto sends an omni-directional brain-shutting down attack. Those who survive (and Kyle will most definitley not survive because he sucks) will have the solar energy drained out of them and their protective aura screwed up with (like Synnar did).

I'm Bran

carver9

Philosophía
Please make me a mod somebody.

Stay in line.

Once masterbruce gets his turn, you'll do too.

Raoul
Was it a tight tube?

eww.

You dont think cyke is extremely accurate. I honestly think that he is, I guess I give cyke to much credit, I love the character.

i never said that. just that he isn't as accurate as superman. why? super vision. telescopic, microscopic, "can stun parts of your brain by shooting through your eyeball without killing you or write messages on his apartment wall from orbit" vision.

cyclops is good, but he's not THAT good.

and please, don't presume to tell me what i do or don't think or know about cyclops.

Sin I AM
lol you guys are hilarious, im enjoying the banter. poor carver, it'll be ok honeywink

but anywho I like the team with the exception of sabertooth (hes really outta his league here) but they're really out classed here

carver9
eww.

i never said that. just that he isn't as accurate as superman. why? super vision. telescopic, microscopic, "can stun parts of your brain by shooting through your eyeball without killing you or write messages on his apartment wall from orbit" vision.

cyclops is good, but he's not THAT good.

and please, don't presume to tell me what i do or don't think or know about cyclops.

Trust me, I know what you know about cyke and you have a lot of info on him. I just think that with the extensive training that he go through in the danger room along with that being his only power, I would presume that he's better with it even though superman has other advangtages going along with his heat vision.

Raoul
Trust me, I know what you know about cyke and you have a lot of info on him. I just think that with the extensive training that he go through in the danger room along with that being his only power, I would presume that he's better with it even though superman has other advangtages going along with his heat vision.

cyclops has two powers (as it stands that we know of)

optic blasts, and an enhanced sense of geometry. when you're talking about meta level people, the arrowmen (hawkeye, green and red arrow, etc), imo cyclops trumps them all. i honestly believe that on his level, only bullseye is above him and even that can be argued.

what superman can and has done, though, on panel, are things that cyclops is just incapable of reproducing. he doesnt have the microscopic/telescopic vision that superman was born with. it does kind of suck that he's super accurate too, but his senses are so insanely acute that him not being as accurate as he is would be kind of silly.

no amount of training will give cyclops the abilities that superman has by birth... it sucks, but imo its true.

carver9
cyclops has two powers (as it stands that we know of)

optic blasts, and an enhanced sense of geometry. when you're talking about meta level people, the arrowmen (hawkeye, green and red arrow, etc), imo cyclops trumps them all. i honestly believe that on his level, only bullseye is above him and even that can be argued.

what superman can and has done, though, on panel, are things that cyclops is just incapable of reproducing. he doesnt have the microscopic/telescopic vision that superman was born with. it does kind of suck that he's super accurate too, but his senses are so insanely acute that him not being as accurate as he is would be kind of silly.

no amount of training will give cyclops the abilities that superman has by birth... it sucks, but imo its true.

I agree and I kind of understood when you added superman other abilities with his heat vision. I still think that cyclops is a beast and could level a moon with his optic blast if it came to it.

Raoul
I agree and I kind of understood when you added superman other abilities with his heat vision. I still think that cyclops is a beast and could level a moon with his optic blast if it came to it.

he probably could.

one thing i forgot to mention. there's also the fact that cyclops has lived in a kind of fear of his powers all his life. he can't turn his on and off the way superman can. not saying that cyclops could be as accurate as superman, but i think he could be better than he is right now if he didn't have to worry about his powers as much...

carver9
he probably could.

one thing i forgot to mention. there's also the fact that cyclops has lived in a kind of fear of his powers all his life. he can't turn his on and off the way superman can. not saying that cyclops could be as accurate as superman, but i think he could be better than he is right now if he didn't have to worry about his powers as much...

HMMM, I thought that with his disability, THAT gave him better use of his powers due to the fact that he has to train himself so that he dont make a mistake of killing his friends. Cyclops trains every day to keep his powers in check.

Raoul
HMMM, I thought that with his disability, THAT gave him better use of his powers due to the fact that he has to train himself so that he dont make a mistake of killing his friends. Cyclops trains every day to keep his powers in check.

true, but i think it also limits his willingness to explore his powers.

Phantom Zone
I think the X men team could win, if the JLA team win they could lose due to CIS. For starters Flash seems to hold back when using his powers hell just look at his fight with Shadow Cabinet Flash fell over......again.

xJLxKing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.