Ryu Hayabusa & Vergil vs Kratos & Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Which team do you think would win?

Team 2 for my vote.

k1Lla441
Team 2 in a complete slaughter.

Rascaduanok

k1Lla441

Ultimate Wil
I say team 2 in a battle that is alot closer than k1Lla thinks

Gumachi
Originally posted by k1Lla441
vergils badassness doesnt help the fact that dante is gonna hold him down while kratos rips him in half and hayabusa is frozen solid from kratos' euryales head.

Vergil is faster. And Dante would NEVER hold him down. Kratos would take out Ryu, Vergil would take out Kratos, and Dante would take out Vergil.

First_Tsurugi06
Vergil's only advantage over Kratos is speed, as is Ryu Haybusa's. Granted, Vergil's is to a larger margin than Ryu, but a peak Kratos, and/or a peak Dante could solo team 1. The weakest links are on team 1 be it by your choice, or an inconvenient coincidence.

Complete slaughter? Only if their all at their composite peaks, in which team 2 would have to LET themselves lose.

Gumachi
What about durability? Don't forget Vergil has had to his in nearly beating Dante

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by Gumachi
Vergil is faster. And Dante would NEVER hold him down. Kratos would take out Ryu, Vergil would take out Kratos, and Dante would take out Vergil.

I will agree with this statement.

Burning thought
as Tsurug said, any one of team 2 could likely solo Team 1 at their peak .

Gumachi
At their high rate of speed?

First_Tsurugi06
^In spite of it, if anything.

Burning thought
Their speed means little, infact their reliance on speed will likely be their downfall.

Gumachi
No.

k1Lla441
This is a comlete blowout for many reasons. The first being that dante could take out hayabusa quickly. He may be a good fighter, but with dantes great marksman ship with weapons he could kill him longrange or close up. Plus he has DT and quicksilver which would really help move the fight even more in dantes favor.
Kratos could kill vergil, for the main reason, his reaction speed. Vergil has no long range weapons, or no long range weapons that would pose a threat. So far the only canon long range move vergil has is when he slashes his sword and can cut things from long distace, and kratos could easily block that. Trying to fight kratos up close is like suicide, almost all of his weapons and magics are close range and his brute strenght would be more than enough to stop vergil and kill him or let dante kill him when he gets finished with hayabusa.

I say team 2 8.5/10

Gumachi
Actually Vergil has Spiral Swords and Force Edge/Yamato which could be long ranged. Yamato poses a threat to Kratos and don't forget Vergil can teleport.

Rascaduanok

Gumachi
Originally posted by Rascaduanok
So they’re all dating now?! laughing

Heh.

Phanteros
kratos use the blade of Olympus on them. end of story

Gumachi
Vergil is too fast and could knock The Blade out of his hand if he uses Beowulf.

YOXq01UJBBM I don't see HOW he couldn't do this to Kratos.

Ultimate Wil
Look at what he did to that ugly ass monster. Dante was only able to pop out an eye, and Vergil completly destroyed him.

First_Tsurugi06
Vergil is too fast and could knock The Blade out of his hand if he uses Beowulf.

YOXq01UJBBM I don't see HOW he couldn't do this to Kratos.

Kratos isn't blind, first of all.

Gumachi
He isn't fast either and your kinda missing the point.

k1Lla441
dante has much better feats than vergil, easily, which there fore makes him better.

Kratos has better feats than anyone in this fight, so there fore its even more of a slaughter. I dont see how you guys think vergil and ryu even have a chance...

Gumachi
Vergil beat Dante once in DMC3, and in DMC1 he beat him twice. Vergil is stronger than Dante in DMC3, and he probably was stronger than him as Nelo-Angelo.

You really think he'd be able to take Ryu & Vergil at the same time? Yeah, right. Yamato? Spiral Swords? Beowulf? Force Edge? Have you seen the speed of Vergil when use uses Force Edge & Yamato? Kratos has NEVER fought anyone at their high-rate of speed.

k1Lla441

Vergil beat Dante once in DMC3, and in DMC1 he beat him twice. Vergil is stronger than Dante in DMC3, and he probably was stronger than him as Nelo-Angelo.

You really think he'd be able to take Ryu & Vergil at the same time? Yeah, right. Yamato? Spiral Swords? Beowulf? Force Edge? Have you seen the speed of Vergil when use uses Force Edge & Yamato? Kratos has NEVER fought anyone at their high-rate of speed.
Im aware of what hes done, i have the first 3 and already beat dmc 4, doesnt have as good feats as dante, so he cant beat him. The strongest form of dante easily trumps the strongest from of vergil.

Gumachi
The strongest form of Dante is DMC2 Dante, and the strongest form of Vergil is Nelo-Angelo in DMC1. Yeah, I think Dante would beat Vergil. If you count Vergil pinning Dante up against a wall, then Vergil has 2 wins also. Don't forget Vergil is faster than Dante.

Vergil defeated Dante once in DMC3.

Dante defeated Vergil once in DMC3 & once in DMC1.

k1Lla441
The strongest form of Dante is DMC2 Dante, and the strongest form of Vergil is Nelo-Angelo in DMC1. Yeah, I think Dante would beat Vergil. If you count Vergil pinning Dante up against a wall, then Vergil has 2 wins also. Don't forget Vergil is faster than Dante.
IMO dante from dmc 4 barely beats dmc 2 dante due to the fact that hes at his peak, and if you wouldnt mind show me some feats from vergil, because i would like to see.

Gumachi
What Vergil did to Beowulf if you don't wanna watch.
YOXq01UJBBM

@2:28-All the actions starts there
cIsaHk3COrA

3-NI81wyPSA

KtlxVPUAgSA

wExC_UegKZw @52-Devil Bringer--Spirit Of Vergil

I can't think of anymore. And don't forget the spiritof Vergil dwelling in Nero.

k1Lla441

What Vergil did to Beowulf if you don't wanna watch.
YOXq01UJBBM

@2:28-All the actions starts there
cIsaHk3COrA

3-NI81wyPSA

KtlxVPUAgSA

wExC_UegKZw @52-Devil Bringer--Spirit Of Vergil

I can't think of anymore. And don't forget the spiritof Vergil dwelling in Nero.

1st one is only real feat, 3rd and 2nd one could easily have been pis, and 4th one had nothing to do with vergil doing a feat. none of those come near anything dante has done. ever. some of those videos actually gave dante some feats.

Gumachi
What's PIS?

k1Lla441
What's PIS?
Plot induced stupidity. Something happened just because the plot made it. for example, sephiroth is indefinitely the strongest person in ffvii. but he lost the fight to cloud. Does that mean cloud is stronger than seph? no, the only reason cloud won is because of the plot induced stupidity of the fact that there not gonna let the good guys lose, which was probably the case of vergil "beating" dante. It comes down to really who has better feats, and kratos and dante trump in that category.

Gumachi
Oh, okay. Thanks.

First_Tsurugi06
He isn't fast either and your kinda missing the point.

That's not my point either. Aside from Kratos not being blind, he isn't so slow as to spend a fraction of an entire scene talking before raising his fist. That, and Kratos has done better with his bare hands than what Vergil's done with Beowulf, aside from having far more resources than a giant mutant hound that can't see.

But he HAS fought beings and attained states VASTLY more powerful OVERALL. I have yet to see anyone in DMC do to anyone what the GoW Gods (who are, if anything, more powerful than in Greek Mythology) have done to entire armies, there's not been a single feat in DMC's weapons that are superior to even Ares with a pillar, and Kratos has at least twice as many answers to something like Beowulf, Lighting Lightning Bolts/Tornadoes/Minature Suns etc are frankly >>> Spiral Swords imho, and as far as Force Edge is concerned, he's never even used it's full form, which I'm still not convinced is anything to the likes of Pandora's Box or the Blade of Olympus, both of which are more than enough to win Kratos any fight against them. Kratos may not have better speed than Ryu or Vergil, but he does have better strength, range, magic, weapons, ground cover, overall resources, and a more powerful prime state.

First_Tsurugi06
And last I checked, Vergil having anything to do with *****-fist's hammerspace hand is mostly speculation aside from Yamato having to do with awakening his DT. Don't get me wrong, it would be kind of ignorant to put aside a few similarites between that spcter and Vergil's DT, but has there been some sort of recent confirmation?

Gumachi
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
That's not my point either. Aside from Kratos not being blind, he isn't so slow as to spend a fraction of an entire scene talking before raising his fist. That, and Kratos has done better with his bare hands than what Vergil's done with Beowulf, aside from having far more resources than a giant mutant hound that can't see.

But he HAS fought beings and attained states VASTLY more powerful OVERALL. I have yet to see anyone in DMC do to anyone what the GoW Gods (who are, if anything, more powerful than in Greek Mythology) have done to entire armies, there's not been a single feat in DMC's weapons that are superior to even Ares with a pillar, and Kratos has at least twice as many answers to something like Beowulf, Lighting Lightning Bolts/Tornadoes/Minature Suns etc are frankly >>> Spiral Swords imho, and as far as Force Edge is concerned, he's never even used it's full form, which I'm still not convinced is anything to the likes of Pandora's Box or the Blade of Olympus, both of which are more than enough to win Kratos any fight against them. Kratos may not have better speed than Ryu or Vergil, but he does have better strength, range, magic, weapons, ground cover, overall resources, and a more powerful prime state.

Barehands? Maybe. And Vergil is still 10x faster than Kratos.

More powerful in Greek Myth? Hmmm...I don't know about that one. Well, Sparda took on Hells Armies. Dante's/Vergil's Devil Trigger is as powerful as the power Kratos needed to defeat Ares. I agree on that one. Vergil still has his Devil Trigger. The reason why I think he can beat Kratos, is because Capcom said: "Identical Faces, Identical Powers. "

Gumachi
Vergil's Devil Trigger is as powerful as the power Kratos needed to kill Ares.

NVM what I said about Vergil's DT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.