Episode 12 - The Gungan General

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MIŠT
Is it even worth discussing? What the **** was the point of this two part plot? Nothing happened! The Republic lost nothing and they gained nothing. No new enemies, no new alliances. A story not worth telling.

Everytime they add a minor speaking character to the plot (Republic senator) who is irrelevant they die, and since the only other characters are major characters it makes it so painfully obvious who's getting killed off next. Goddammit. Add a whole bunch of new characters so we don't see it coming, or just kill off a couple clones.

Dooku.....wtf? "I'd kill you if I didn't have to drag your bodies with me", ok fair enough....but then the cord breaks and he's locked with them again without being attached, and he just stands there? Could have easily zapped them. Did he end up getting his saber back too? I don't think I saw it.

The only good thing about this episode was that there were no annoying battle droids yapping on, but the trade off was that we had Jar Jar yapping on.

I've read fanfiction better than this crap.

Nactous
Good thing Ive only watched two episodes then.

Final Blaxican
I bet the six year olds have been loving every minute of it.

S_D_J
hadn't seen it... after ep. 11 I have little interest in watching this one...

Captain REX

Ordo
We all do.

queeq
laughing out loud

Ordo
I plan to review today!

Seriously, should I keep doing them?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Ordo
I plan to review today!

please do!

I enjoy reading them

Captain REX
Likewise. It's kinda like watching a high-light reel with commentary, but reading instead of watching.

Nactous
I plan to review today!

No....

I kid, I kid.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
No....

I kid, I kid.

*smack* stick out tongue

Ordo
laughing out loud

queeq
Go on, Ordo. It's a lot better than what Filoni's delivering...

Ordo
lmao. Seeing the failure of this series makes me want to write again. Clone Wars short stories?

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
*smack* stick out tongue

*Dodge*

Hybris
lmao. Seeing the failure of this series makes me want to write again. Clone Wars short stories?

Feel free to. It would make my examperiod a much more brighter period sad

queeq
Indeed.

Ace of Knaves

Captain REX
Pointing at a scar, perhaps? stick out tongue

Ordo
Episdoe 12: The Gungan General
Season 1 Record: 5-(7)
Summary: Utter cr@p. "Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud." was the fortune cookie. This episode was both a failure and a fraud. Its easily one of the worst episodes and the only episode I have only seen twice.

Pros:
Stone: When in doubt there are always clones. Stone was decently sweet for the pathetic part he played. His few witty comments, even if favorable to Jar Jar, were probably the highlight of this episode. The clones seemed to do most of the heavy lifting, even used TACTICS.

Pirate Treachery: It was kind of cute, especially since it would only be acceptable if BAD and traitorous pirates were killed in the end.

Dooku: Provided the last of the episodes bright spots with his deep voiced sarcasm and pirate killing.

Cons

Utter Failure: There are too many to list here, so I'll just to the highlights. many of these have been discussed. Its just not worth my time to go through tiny details when this episode failed on every major level.

Jar Jar: One of the most utterly annoying parts of this episode was Jar Jar, though not for the reason you might think. His voice was TOTALLY off. It seemed octaves deeper and he seemed to use proper words now and again. It was blatantly obvious Ahmed was not back as he was in Bombad Jedi. The voice acting was pathetic.

Happenstance: Anakin and Obi-Wan wake up passed out. If something is critical to the PLOT, don't put it in an online comic and expect the audience to figure it out, especially when YOU MADE A POINT of showing the Jedi dodging the trap last episode. Then, Senator Kharrus' seat restrain just MAGICALLY breaks off. Sorry, total BS. Try using plot instead next time. Als, Kenobi's saber....WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

Dooku: Why didn't he try to kill them? If he had tried and the guards had stopped him, that would be fine. There would be a REASON he didn't do it, something this episode lacked. Such actions were totally out of character (as was running away in this episodes equally disastrous prequel.) He never even used lighting. Lame. He also didn't get his saber back. How much to we want to bet it magically reappears?

Plot: Where was it. The ending was decent, at least Kenobi can play a Jedi now and again. The majority of the episode was the the Jedi running around aimlessly with an ever changing assortment of binders. There didn't even seem to be that much animosity between the three of them, just childish banter and an excess of sarcasm.

Torture: WTF. All this happy stuff, then RANDOM torture that isn't even really addressed? Also, if you're going to have a torture machine, don't have one that looks like a ethereal sculpture of a heart.

Title: Jar Jar made like two decisions, but that doesn't make him a general. Why is everyone who commands the clones magically a General? Jar Jar was really forced into this episode.

What I want to see next:
I never want to see this episode again. Though, it might be cool to have Hondo come back at some point and save the Jedi. This is probably likely, as Lucas Animation will jump on any chance to re-use a character model.

Ordo
Episdoe 12: The Gungan General
Season 1 Record: 5-(7)
Summary: Utter cr@p. "Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud." was the fortune cookie. This episode was both a failure and a fraud. Its easily one of the worst episodes and the only episode I have only seen twice.

Pros:
Stone: When in doubt there are always clones. Stone was decently sweet for the pathetic part he played. His few witty comments, even if favorable to Jar Jar, were probably the highlight of this episode. The clones seemed to do most of the heavy lifting, even used TACTICS.

Pirate Treachery: It was kind of cute, especially since it would only be acceptable if BAD and traitorous pirates were killed in the end.

Dooku: Provided the last of the episodes bright spots with his deep voiced sarcasm and pirate killing.

Cons

Utter Failure: There are too many to list here, so I'll just to the highlights. many of these have been discussed. Its just not worth my time to go through tiny details when this episode failed on every major level.

Jar Jar: One of the most utterly annoying parts of this episode was Jar Jar, though not for the reason you might think. His voice was TOTALLY off. It seemed octaves deeper and he seemed to use proper words now and again. It was blatantly obvious Ahmed was not back as he was in Bombad Jedi. The voice acting was pathetic.

Happenstance: Anakin and Obi-Wan wake up passed out. If something is critical to the PLOT, don't put it in an online comic and expect the audience to figure it out, especially when YOU MADE A POINT of showing the Jedi dodging the trap last episode. Then, Senator Kharrus' seat restrain just MAGICALLY breaks off. Sorry, total BS. Try using plot instead next time. Als, Kenobi's saber....WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

Dooku: Why didn't he try to kill them? If he had tried and the guards had stopped him, that would be fine. There would be a REASON he didn't do it, something this episode lacked. Such actions were totally out of character (as was running away in this episodes equally disastrous prequel.) He never even used lighting. Lame. He also didn't get his saber back. How much to we want to bet it magically reappears?

Plot: Where was it. The ending was decent, at least Kenobi can play a Jedi now and again. The majority of the episode was the the Jedi running around aimlessly with an ever changing assortment of binders. There didn't even seem to be that much animosity between the three of them, just childish banter and an excess of sarcasm.

Torture: WTF. All this happy stuff, then RANDOM torture that isn't even really addressed? Also, if you're going to have a torture machine, don't have one that looks like a ethereal sculpture of a heart.

Title: Jar Jar made like two decisions, but that doesn't make him a general. Why is everyone who commands the clones magically a General? Jar Jar was really forced into this episode.

What I want to see next:
I never want to see this episode again. Though, it might be cool to have Hondo come back at some point and save the Jedi. This is probably likely, as Lucas Animation will jump on any chance to re-use a character model.

S_D_J
Finally I watched this episode... and I regret it.... pretty damn pointless

and Best not doing the voice was also really annoying....

after both these episodes, the show can only go uphill... right?

... Btw: didn't know they explain the jedi capture in the online comic... lame

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...still waiting for the streaming site to upload.

*laughs* I don't know why, but the utter failure of the episode amuses me...

Ordo
Originally posted by S_D_J

... Btw: didn't know they explain the jedi capture in the online comic... lame

exceptionally....on both parts of this story arc.

Captain REX
Yeah, this one was pretty damn bad.

queeq
Saw it, quite awful.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I honesty like it...

except for jar jar... i zone out when jar jar's around...
um... jar jar does not sound like jar jar.... O.o
he should've fallen in the crater.
Hell I hate him.

oh, and how did obi-wan's saber suddenly work? O.o

lol, "and, he knows where you live..." - i like that.

i think that eps' goal is just to show how "honorable" jedi are...

or something...

i still hate jar jar.

queeq
How can you like it?????????????????????

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
How can you like it?????????????????????

um... because I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl who wants some Obi-Wan action *blinks innocently*

i like this and the one before this... just because of the Obi-Ani banter and partnership i enjoy too much.

even if this and the last ep has too much holes. and too much jarjar with that horrible off-voice.

queeq
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
um... because I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl who wants some Obi-Wan action *blinks innocently*

I can do a good OB1 *winks innocently*

Ordo
All that includes for you is going to the bar for a drink. lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
I can do a good OB1 *winks innocently*

how good?

how are you with a lightsaber? good forms? actions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.