Midnighter vs. Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Spiderman
http://www.poster.net/spiderman/spiderman-rope-4900773.jpg

vs

Midnighter
http://images.quizilla.com/E/ednemo/1067425838_uresmiddy3.jpg

galan7777777
spiderman

darthgoober
Info on Midnighter?

Psyquis52
Midnighter wins. The guy will play the fight out in his mind 1 million times and know everything Spiderman is going to do before he does it.

MuffinmanMike
I think that only counts if he knows what his opponent can do.

guy222
parker

NiņoAraņa
Midnighter kicked away a tank shell before. no expression

and he's more then willing to kill, whilst peter is not. MN wins this i think.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Midnighter wins. The guy will play the fight out in his mind 1 million times and know everything Spiderman is going to do before he does it. The Spider-Sense could counter this, though, so I don't think it would be that easy.

DigiMark007
Heh. There's gotta be other threads like this.

I figure I'm knowledgeable enough about both to assess this fairly...normally fanboy-ism might sway me one way or the other, but I like both a lot.

Spidey fights all kinds of people that are willing to kill, so "MN'er kills so he wins" doesn't really mean as much as people want it to.

MN'ers implants will allow him to see Pete's powers, so his calculative ability will be in full force.

But Spider-Man's physical stats are just plain better. Faster, stronger, etc. and 'nighter would have trouble de-webbing himself.

Lastly, MN'er can anticipate moves, but spider-sense is essentially precognition. I actually think it would be a rare trump card against MN'ers calculative abilities, because it can't account for something that literally accounts for moves before they happen or even before the other person knows it.

Assuming that Spidey realizes he's up against the real deal, and not some random dude in a costume, he'd win. No speed, skill, durability, or agility feats that MN'er has beats what Spidey can do, and spider-sense effectively neutralizes MN'ers best chance of winning. Remove spider-sense and I'd give MN'er the solid majority. But with it, Pete gets 8/10, give or take.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I figure I'm knowledgeable enough about both to assess this fairly...normally fanboy-ism might sway me one way or the other, but I like both a lot.

Spidey fights all kinds of people that are willing to kill, so "MN'er kills so he wins" doesn't really mean as much as people want it to.

MN'ers implants will allow him to see Pete's powers, so his calculative ability will be in full force.

But Spider-Man's physical stats are just plain better. Faster, stronger, etc. and 'nighter would have trouble de-webbing himself.

Lastly, MN'er can anticipate moves, but spider-sense is essentially precognition. I actually think it would be a rare trump card against MN'ers calculative abilities, because it can't account for something that literally accounts for moves before they happen or even before the other person knows it.

Assuming that Spidey realizes he's up against the real deal, and not some random dude in a costume, he'd win. No speed, skill, durability, or agility feats that MN'er has beats what Spidey can do, and spider-sense effectively neutralizes MN'ers best chance of winning. Remove spider-sense and I'd give MN'er the solid majority. But with it, Pete gets 8/10, give or take.

Well said. I'll go with this conclussion as well.

Alfheim

Didnt classic Spiderman get pawned by street levelers with his spider sense on a regular basis?

Street levelers have enhanced senses and I think classic Spiderman only told him that danger was present not where it was coming from.

Does MN have any sharp weaponry on him?

complexbrother
both have their standard gear.

and I think Spidy would ink out a win. (just bairly, and he'll be injured)

shiv
all forgetting Mnighters Healing Factor.
Snap his neck if you're strong enough and it will knitt back good as new.

Midnighter vs Seth

telepathy invisibility shapeshifting energy projection/manipulation superspeed teleportation agility precog h.f. invulnerability to get you started.

Midnighter is in a different League

viper88
Originally posted by Alfheim
Didnt classic Spiderman get pawned by street levelers with his spider sense on a regular basis?

Street levelers have enhanced senses and I think classic Spiderman only told him that danger was present not where it was coming from.

have you even read a single spiderman comic, because your ignorance is astonishing. Yes spiderman sometimes gets hit by street levelers, but most of the time is because he has a handicap or is saving innocents in the process, that is why according to you he gets "pwned". However there are some instances of CIS and PIS were he does get hit, but it is just that PIS or CIS (a good example is kingpin hitting him). But that could be just the fact that back then spiderman's powers were not as developed as they are now (even before he gets his first upgrade against the queen). However most of the time there is a plot devise that causes him to get hit. Meaning spiderman during the 60's and 70's was not as powerful as he was during the late 80's or 90's. since writer usually downplayed his abilities during the early stages of his history.

Just to amuse me show me a few scans were spiderman is getting pwned.

Alfheim
Originally posted by viper88
have you even read a single spiderman comic, because your ignorance is astonishing. Yes spiderman sometimes gets hit by street levelers, but most of the time is because he has a handicap or is saving innocents in the process, that is why according to you he gets "pwned". However there are some instances of CIS and PIS were he does get hit, but it is just that PIS or CIS (a good example is kingpin hitting him). But that could be just the fact that back then spiderman's powers were not as developed as they are now (even before he gets his first upgrade against the queen). However most of the time there is a plot devise that causes him to get hit. Meaning spiderman during the 60's and 70's was not as powerful as he was during the late 80's or 90's. since writer usually downplayed his abilities during the early stages of his history.

Just to amuse me show me a few scans were spiderman is getting pwned.

Cant be bothered but theres the civil war fight with him and Cap and IFs last fight with Spiderman and IF was weakened. no expression

Oh yeah Caps first fight with Spiderman as well.

DigiMark007

Classic Spidey had a billion appearences, so he did everything from dodge Upper tier metas for pages on end to lose to street levelers. But the forums assume peak abilities, and the former of those examples outnumber the latter by quite a bit anyway.

Originally posted by shiv
all forgetting Mnighters Healing Factor.
Snap his neck if you're strong enough and it will knitt back good as new.

Midnighter vs Seth

telepathy invisibility shapeshifting energy projection/manipulation superspeed teleportation agility precog h.f. invulnerability to get you started.

Midnighter is in a different League

Is this for real?! MN'er with invisibility, shapeshifting,etc.?? Beyond that, his healing factor amounts to a slightly sped-up immune system and a backup heart. Pete himself might actually have a better healing rate, since MN'ers has never healed an actual wound before in the time the battle would take place.

The neck thing was just flexible because of his morning workouts...it's far from being anything impressive enough to give him a win.

Anyway, read my earlier post for an opinion based on their real powers.

BUSTER1

Sorry Alfheim but Pete's Spider Sense even in Classic days was able to guide him when it came to avoiding danger. In stories where this didn't happen , it was down to the writer not understanding the nature of the Spider Sense.
With that said i don't know anything about Midnighter, so i don't know wether he should beat Pete.-hey that last bit rhymed

DigiMark007
People have recently taken to making the mistake of assuming that because Pete was upgraded recently, everything he did beforehand is so much less impressive. Take away the Iron costume stuff and his best feats are still pre-upgrade, so it's not really a gigantic difference.

BUSTER1
People have recently taken to making the mistake of assuming that because Pete was upgraded recently, everything he did beforehand is so much less impressive. Take away the Iron costume stuff and his best feats are still pre-upgrade, so it's not really a gigantic difference.

Agreed my friend.

starlock
I have to say great thread smile

I will say spiderman for the majority, very interesting match

Acrosurge

Assuming that Spidey realizes he's up against the real deal, and not some random dude in a costume, he'd win. No speed, skill, durability, or agility feats that MN'er has beats what Spidey can do, and spider-sense effectively neutralizes MN'ers best chance of winning. Remove spider-sense and I'd give MN'er the solid majority. But with it, Pete gets 8/10, give or take. Digi is all over this and it deserves another co-sign!

I'm still backing Spidey, though it would be a fight to see!

Laguna L
I want to say Midnighter, but something tells me Spidey will win.

shiv
Its the webbing.

might swing it for spidey

if Midnighter forgets how to use a lazer torch to rip it off.

Arahan
Spiderman just makes a deal with mephisto to win the battle

shiv
Mephisto will respect Nighter's Authoritae smile

TricksterPriest
Hey digi, does Spidey still win with the current downgrade?

shiv
to quote Digi: "nyet Trikkster wink"

Peek
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hey digi, does Spidey still win with the current downgrade?

Well current is now classic. So..... no expression

Priest
This was made before his downgrade.

Spidey would kick MM ass.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Peek
Well current is now classic. So..... no expression I would think Pete could still pull it off. Classic still had Class 10 strength with reflexes no slower than 15xhuman, plus Pre-cog.

Really, I think it is the pre-cog that messes up Midnighter here more than Peter's other superhuman attributes.

Peek
Originally posted by Priest
This was made before his downgrade.

Spidey would kick MM ass. Hes been downgraded to classic. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
I've always seen this as Pete's fight to lose srug

Alfheim
Classic Spidey had a billion appearences, so he did everything from dodge Upper tier metas for pages on end to lose to street levelers. But the forums assume peak abilities, and the former of those examples outnumber the latter by quite a bit anyway.

I dont see how this is relevant, im sure there are examples of street levelers doing the same and doing similar feats. Hell MN high kicked a tank shell. Spiderman caught two bullets but got messed up in the process. Since tank shells move faster than bullets and its harder to kick more accurately I would put Mners feat above Spiderman.

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Sorry Alfheim but Pete's Spider Sense even in Classic days was able to guide him when it came to avoiding danger. In stories where this didn't happen , it was down to the writer not understanding the nature of the Spider Sense.
With that said i don't know anything about Midnighter, so i don't know wether he should beat Pete.-hey that last bit rhymed

Ok. *shrug*

Priest
Originally posted by Peek
Hes been downgraded to classic. no expression
I know, but the thread starter had the mentality to use Spiderman before he was downgraded no expression

If u like make a new thread with "current" spidey.

Peek
Originally posted by Priest
I know, but the thread starter had the mentality to use Spiderman before he was downgraded no expression

If u like make a new thread with "current" spidey. huh

Why? Current and classic are now the same. Whats the point in a new one when theres not really much difference now accept with experience.

fangirl101
Who would win?

Starscream M
midnighter

guy222
spiderman

occultdestroyer
The Midnighter

Anti-Monitor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=417981&highlight=Midnighter+vs.+Spiderman+forumid%3A77

Anti-Monitor
Parker

OgreMan
I'd have to give it to Midnighter in a tough fight.

Raoul
merged.

starlock
Spiderman..for the win

If it was just H2H...i might give midnighter better odds...but he aint beating spidey...with his webshooters...i.m.o

guy222
thumb up

Juk3n
Web-Fling, Maximum Spider!

Digi
Originally posted by Digi

I figure I'm knowledgeable enough about both to assess this in a fair manner. Normally fanboy-ism might sway me one way or the other, but I like both a lot.

Ta-da! Still 100% correct.

Kris Blaze
Midnighter.

In spite of Digi's noob post.

Digi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Midnighter.

In spite of Digi's noob post.

laughing out loud

no expression

Kris Blaze
laughing out loud

no expression

Pete's head'll fly through the air.

complexbrother
bump.

SamZED
Ta-da! Still 100% correct.

313 Too lazy to look for your previous post so I'll just QFT this one.

Bentley
You QFT a smiling face?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.