Captain America vs Green Goblin(h2h)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wade Wilson
no bombs, no glider, no shield.

Wei Phoenix
Rogers stomps him.

StiltmanFTW
Cap wins. He was doing really well against Osborn even when he was wearing the Iron Patriot armor. Goblin would need something more than electro-blast gloves.

JakeTheBank
Wouldn't be the first time Cap sonned someone with superhuman stats.

pym-ftw
Cap probably

jinzin
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Rogers stomps him. This.

Mshinu
The CapForce is too strong.

Daredevil1
Cap wins for sure.

Kid Kurdy
Osborn, who's almost as strong as Spider-Man, won't hold his punches unlike Spider-Man.

This means Green Goblin is perfectly capable of killing Cap with one punch.

JakeTheBank
Cap's extremely durability physically, not counting his suit.

Plus his skill is absolutely through the roof on its own. Compared to Osborn's?

I don't think Stormin' Norman sports a good chance at all.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cap's extremely durability physically, not counting his suit.

Plus his skill is absolutely through the roof on its own. Compared to Osborn's?

I don't think Stormin' Norman sports a good chance at all.
Under these conditions, Cap has a chance, but in my opinion the strength difference is too big.

GG is probably more durable and a hell of lot stronger. He's not much of a fighter however, that's why Cap will kick him around a bit, but still, a non jobbing GG would kill Cap in the end.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Osborn, who's almost as strong as Spider-Man, won't hold his punches unlike Spider-Man.

This means Green Goblin is perfectly capable of killing Cap with one punch.

He sucker punched Steve in Siege and it didn't kill him.

Caps Conscience
SMH, Cap demolishes him.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

SamZED
Final justice.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He sucker punched Steve in Siege and it didn't kill him. The thing about Osborn he doesnt seem to have any powers when Norman is in controle. At least that's how he's written recently. He's only a physical threat as Goblin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Final justice.

The thing about Osborn he doesnt seem to have any powers when Norman is in controle. At least that's how he's written recently. He's only a physical threat as Goblin.

1. Pretty sure Goblin took control of him during Siege, he tattoo'd his face and all...

2. He DOES have powers when he's "just Norman". Look what he did to Swordsman II, Deadpool and Masters of Evil...

JakeTheBank
Final justice.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111116180029/marvelvscapcom/images/c/c0/Cap_america_final_justice.gif

/thread

SamZED
1. Pretty sure Goblin took control of him during Siege, he tattoo'd his face and all...

2. He DOES have powers when he's "just Norman". Look what he did to Swordsman II, Deadpool and Masters of Evil... That wasnt the Goblin persona, that was Osborn going bonkers. Cant remember what he did to swordsman or MOE. I remember he got his ass kicked by Black Mary, Barton and Spider-man treated him like he's no physical threat at all. Carried him around like a briefcase. Deadpool allowed him to take the hits. Maybe he was some times shown to have powers but def not always.

StiltmanFTW
That wasnt the Goblin persona, that was Osborn going bonkers. Cant remember what he did to swordsman or MOE. I remember he got his ass kicked by Black Mary, Barton and Spider-man treated him like he's no pfusical threat at all. Carried him around like a briefcase. Deadpool allowed him to do take the hits. Maybe he was some times shown to have powers but def not always.

He grabbed Swordsman by his throat (like world war daredevil did to black tarantula), took his sword from him by force and stabbed him with it...

Barton? When? And if he did, you're really surprised about it? Class 100 strength wouldn't help Osborn against the awesomeness of Hawkeye.

He was beating the shit out of Spiderman for at least one full-of-action page in American Son.

He's just more of a schemer than a fighter, that's all.

celeyhyga17
Epic stomp for Commander Rogers.

StiltmanFTW
Deadpool allowed him to take the hits.

Yes, but they were clearly super-strong punches.

SamZED
He grabbed Swordsman by his throat (like world war daredevil did to black tarantula), took his sword from him by force and stabbed him with it...

Barton? When? And if he did, you're really surprised about it? Class 100 strength wouldn't help Osborn against the awesomeness of Hawkeye.

He was beating the shit out of Spiderman for at least one full-of-action page in American Son.

He's just more of a schemer than a fighter, that's all. Weird still cant remember the Swordman instance, sounds badass, you know the issue #? iirc in american son he did that as Goblin. I was talking about a different book, the one where SM considered taking Wolverine's advice. He treated Osborn as if he's powerless.
Barton embarrassed him when he got captured by Dark Avengers, he was handcuffed too. You're right I shouldn't be surprised. Hawkeye is second only to IF. All I'm saying Osborn is nowhere near as dangerous when he's out of the costume.

StiltmanFTW
Weird still cant remember the Swordman instance, sounds badass, you know the issue #? iirc in american son he did that as Goblin. I was talking about a different book, the one where SM considered taking Wolverine's advice. He treated Osborn as if he's powerless.
Barton embarrassed him when he got captured by Dark Avengers, he was handcuffed too. You're right I shouldn't be surprised. Hawkeye is second only to IF. All I'm saying Osborn is nowhere near as dangerous when he's out of the costume.

Secret Invasion: Dark Reign #1 one-shot.

preview link

Barton also headbutted Gargan pretty hard then, iirc big grin

That's true, he feels as if the costume was his true skin or something crazy like that.

Anyway, back to the topic - he has displayed superhuman attributes in Siege. Otherwise he would be put to sleep after getting bashed in the face by Cap's shield on two occasions (Initiative and main title, no helmet), punched by Spiderman, he wouldn't survive getting smacked by Volstagg sheathed sword, him hitting Steve's head with a rock wouldn't affect him at all (or at least that much), etc.

h1a8
It's amazing how Cap gets the win over someone who's more than 3x as strong due to Cap's skill and such, but when it comes to movie Cap and movie Ozy then Ozy (whose less than 3x weaker) can't win although he is much more skilled and have much faster h2h speed and reflexes?

This is proof of Cap bias on this forum.

DarkSaint85
Also, Cap has a proven track record of punching above his weight. Whereas movie Ozy...didn't really punch above his weight, did he?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, Cap has a proven track record of punching above his weight. Whereas movie Ozy...didn't really punch above his weight, did he?

What gave him that track record? Was it skill or PIS or sometimes both?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
What gave him that track record? Was it skill or PIS or sometimes both?

Prob both, but like Karate Kid (just a human who, despite being in his what, mid 20s, has mastered a bazillion galactic martial arts and can hang with Kryptonians and Daxamites etc etc) or Batman (sleeps on 2 hours a night, mastered 127 martial arts etc etc and is still technically 'human'), there are so many examples out there that to reduce ALL of them to PIS and arguing against it on the basis of set in stone, hardwired definitions is a losing prospect.

Handbooks may say Gobby is 3x stronger or whatever. But Cap's fight record (and not just outliers, like Spidey/Firelord or BP/Surfer) shows he has the skill set necessary to win.

Blight
Not to mention there's the whole pulling a helicopter down with a rope while not bracing himself in a moving car...

h1a8
Originally posted by Blight
Not to mention there's the whole pulling a helicopter down with a rope while not bracing himself in a moving car... uhm the car help pull the light helicopter down. He braced on the seat of the car.

Silent Master
uhm the car help pull the light helicopter down. He braced on the seat of the car.

Was Cap in some kind of harness that was attached to the car?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Was Cap in some kind of harness that was attached to the car?

nope

Silent Master
nope

So how exactly did the car help Cap pull the helicopter down?

bluewaterrider
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=13948936
Redwing saves here

h1a8
So how exactly did the car help Cap pull the helicopter down?

It provided a pull. Cap's feet were braced to the vertical seat.

Silent Master
It provided a pull. Cap's feet were braced to the vertical seat.

So, the line used to pull the helicopter down was attached to the car and not in Cap's hand?

Bentley
Class 100 strength wouldn't help Osborn against the awesomeness of Hawkeye.

QFT

abhilegend
Cap beats the shit out of norman.

h1a8
So, the line used to pull the helicopter down was attached to the car and not in Cap's hand? It was attached to Cap's hand, Cap's hand is attached to his body, his body is attached to his feet, his feet is attached to the vertical seat of the car.

Just like the first inch of the cable is attached to the second inch and the second to the third and on and on until we reach the helicopter.

It's simply really.

Silent Master
It was attached to Cap's hand, Cap's hand is attached to his body, his body is attached to his feet, his feet is attached to the vertical seat of the car.

Just like the first inch of the cable is attached to the second inch and the second to the third and on and on until we reach the helicopter.

It's simply really.

So you're claiming that Cap's feet were physically attached to the car, In that case please post the scan showing it.

h1a8
So you're claiming that Cap's feet were physically attached to the car, In that case please post the scan showing it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/SecretAvengers016pg22.jpg

You see Cap's feet braced against the seat to help him pull, the car is going forward, and the helicopter isn't a real one but rather a much lighter glass wonkacopter.

Silent Master
Sorry, but that scan shows that all of the force was applied by Cap's arms

h1a8
Sorry, but that scan shows that all of the force was applied by Cap's arms and his arms is attached to his body and his body to the car. So the car helped. Without the proper bracing of his feet he wouldn't had any leverage in which to pull. Why in the hell do you think the writer had Cap put his feet in such a position to pull? Also you ignored my statement on the glass wonkacopter. I would be surprised if that thing weighed more than a ton.

Silent Master
Cap bracing doesn't mean that the car provided any of the force, all of the force came from Cap.

h1a8
Cap bracing doesn't mean that the car provided any of the force, all of the force came from Cap. Of course it does, the car was moving in the direction of Cap's pull. Now if the car was still then you would have a point.

Silent Master
Of course it does, the car was moving in the direction of Cap's pull. Now if the car was still then you would have a point.

All of the force being applied to the helicopter is coming from the line, the line isn't attached to the car, it's in Cap's hand, if Cap wasn't strong enough to pull the helicopter down he would have lost his grip on the line.

h1a8
All of the force being applied to the helicopter is coming from the line, the line isn't attached to the car, it's in Cap's hand, if Cap wasn't strong enough to pull the helicopter down he would have lost his grip on the line.

You know 0 physics.
The first inch of the line is connected to the second and all the way to the last inch. If cap pulls the first inch then he is pulling the last inch.

Cap is inside a car that's moving forward before he pulls. He braces his foot against the vertical part of the seat. The car is providing an extra pull since Cap is moving with the car inside of it and braced against it. If your durability was strong enough then you can pull a horse against his will if you were inside a train moving against the horse and braced against the wall.

If two forces are canceling each other out then all it takes is a minute amount of force to make the system move.

Assume Cap was in the car and didn't pull but rather held on. The helicopter would have still been pulled by the car.

Silent Master
If Cap didn't have the strength needed to pull down the helicopter, he wouldn't have been able to keep a hold of the line.

solid snake101
of course captain america would win

h1a8
If Cap didn't have the strength needed to pull down the helicopter, he wouldn't have been able to keep a hold of the line. Strength of pulling =/= strength of grip. All Cap needed was strength of grip (to prevent line from slipping).
As far as pulling is concern, the car supplied some force. Assume that Cap didn't pull but just held the line taut. The helicopter would have still been pulled by the car. Do you agree?

Try this and you would see what I'm talking about.
Tie one end of a rope to something heavy (not too heavy) and try to pull the object to feel how hard it is.
Now get in a car or truck (bracing your feet to something) and have the truck move slowly while pulling the object again with the truck moving.
Is it easier, the same, or harder to pull the object in the truck than outside the truck?

the Darkone
cap beats the lunatic down!

Silent Master
Strength of pulling =/= strength of grip. All Cap needed was strength of grip (to prevent line from slipping).
As far as pulling is concern, the car supplied some force. Assume that Cap didn't pull but just held the line taut. The helicopter would have still been pulled by the car. Do you agree?

Tie one end of a rope to something heavy (not too heavy) and try to pull the object to feel how hard it is.
Now get in a car or truck (bracing your feet to something) and have the truck move slowly while pulling the object again with the truck moving.
Is it easier, the same, or harder to pull the object in the truck than outside the truck?

Prove that Cap wasn't strong enough to pull down the helicopter.

Daredevil1
Strength of pulling =/= strength of grip. All Cap needed was strength of grip (to prevent line from slipping).

Not just strength of grip. As it shows his arm move to bring it down.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/secretavengers016pg22.jpg/

This feats reminds me of classic Cap when Steve stopped a car from leaving by holding it.

h1a8
Prove that Cap wasn't strong enough to pull down the helicopter.

I'm not claiming he can't pull down that helicopter on his own power, just that he received help.

I would be surprised if that helicopter weighed more than 1 ton though. So whether he can pull that glass contraption down with his own power is irrelevant since the feat is destroyed two ways.

h1a8
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Not just strength of grip. As it shows his arm move to bring it down.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/secretavengers016pg22.jpg/

This feats reminds me of classic Cap when Steve stopped a car from leaving by holding it. I understand that, no one disputed that he didn't pull while the car was moving forward. Please read all the posts and not some of them, you would see I posted a huge ass scan of what you just posted. Strength of grip is to prevent the line from slipping.

Daredevil1
I understand that, no one disputed that he didn't pull while the car was moving forward. Please read all the posts and not some of them, you would see I posted a huge ass scan of what you just posted. Strength of grip is to prevent the line from slipping.

Yes and the pull is strength of arm. If the car helped a lot he would not have had to pull the rope across to make it crash, if you think about it. Just hold on to the line. Cap even states stop the car.

That feat is probably around the 5-7 ton range considering the helicopters own resistant pull and the strength of Caps pull is very impressive, since the copter was at the back and ended up in the front of there car when it crashed.

DarkSaint85
H1a8, you forgot to add in the fact the copter was airborne. So whilst it may or may not have weighed 1 ton, there's still the matter of the copter engine push keeping it airborne (which Cap overcame).

Silent Master
I'm not claiming he can't pull down that helicopter on his own power, just that he received help.

I would be surprised if that helicopter weighed more than 1 ton though. So whether he can pull that glass contraption down with his own

power is irrelevant since the feat is destroyed two ways.

Then the feat stands. Cap is strong enough to pull down a helicopter.

h1a8
Then the feat stands. Cap is strong enough to pull down a helicopter.

Not so fast, not claiming anything isn't the same as accepting the opposite (skepticism).
Just because I don't claim the non existence of God doesn't automatically make him exist.

In other words, I'm saying we don't know if Cap can do it on his own (maybe he can and maybe he can't) and thus the scan can't be used to prove it.

And certainly pulling that that toy copter doesn't mean he can pull down a real helicopter.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
H1a8, you forgot to add in the fact the copter was airborne. So whilst it may or may not have weighed 1 ton, there's still the matter of the copter engine push keeping it airborne (which Cap overcame).

The copter was chasing the car in vertical equilibrium (not rising or falling) and thus any amount of force in the downward direction would pull it downward.

Even if the copter was trying to rise before Cap's pull (fighting against being pulled down) then you would have to prove the lift strength of such a light copter.

Silent Master

h1a8

Silent Master
When did I admit Cap is strong enough to perform the feat?
And downplaying entails making something it's not (lying essentially).

Ok, so IYO is Cap strong enogh to perform the feat without the car's "aid"?

Branlor Swift
A normal human could pull down a helicopter as long as his feet were on a car... seat.

DarkSaint85

You forgot Cap pulled it downwards, not just along. Unless you're thinking a car engine is more powerful than a copter?

Where your thought experiment fails, is that in your example, you're only pulling (slowly) along in one direction, and your object is static.

Mi6ran5da3
no bombs, no glider, no shield.

http://www.qmmv.info/15.jpg

Badabing
When did I admit Cap is strong enough to perform the feat?
And downplaying entails making something it's not (lying essentially). Shut up.

Everyone else, please get back to the topic. This nonsense about Cap's foot being pressed against the car seat is beyond stupid.

h1a8
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up.

Everyone else, please get back to the topic. This nonsense about Cap's foot being pressed against the car seat is beyond stupid.
We were done discussing cap's foot being braced on the seat in order to pull the copter down.

The topic is concerning Cap's strength which is relevant in determining how he would fare against the much stronger Green Goblin. Someone is using the helicopter feat to prove Cap's strength. I'm arguing that the car assisted in the pull as well as the copter being much lighter than a normal helicopter.

With that said,
I believe this fight is a split or a slight majority to Green Goblin. Goblin is very fast, agile, and has great enough reflexes not to succumb to Cap's skill right away. Cap would have to put a hell of a fight against him. Cap will win at least a few definitely though.

Daredevil1
Yes and the pull is strength of arm. If the car helped a lot he would not have had to pull the rope across to make it crash, if you think about it. Just hold on to the line. Cap even states stop the car.

That feat is probably around the 5-7 ton range considering the helicopters own resistant pull and the strength of Caps pull is very impressive, since the copter was at the back and ended up in the front of there car when it crashed.

I'm glad the majority agree with this.

Cap definitely wins the majority of the fights but it will be a tough battle for sure but not always.

Outside of Cap massive skill edge. The guy is a super soldier and his stats are damn impressive to have feats of pulling down a helicopter to many others like stopping a car. Goblin is stronger but Cap's own incredible stats combo of speed, strength, reflex, and agility down to even his enhanced mind.

Just seals the deal.

SamZED
Shut up.

sad

miffed

Raptors suck. stick out tongue

h1a8

False, the copter was in equilibrium (not rising or falling). That means it's lifting force (at that moment before the pull) equaled it's own weight. The pull was instant and the operator of the Copter didn't get a chance to fight against the pull (by making the copter rise higher).

It's all about Newton's second Law. The copter wasn't accelerating in the vertical direction implies that the net vertical force acting on it was 0 (weight force=lift force). Thus any force is capable of pulling it down, provided the copter is not trying to rise before the pull.

Lastly, the copter wasn't a normal one. It was more a glass toy flying machine that probably weighed less than a car. Thus your estimate of 5-7 tons is asinine.

In conclusion, the feat is not a feat at all or at most it is not a good one to show that Cap's strength is anywhere close to Goblin's.

Yet you and others believe movie Ozy loses to movie Cap when the strength difference is smaller but Ozy is much faster h2h and much more skilled than movie Cap.

With that said, skill will only get you so far. Speed is a much greater attribute (it trumps skill anyday of the week). Goblin is very fast and agile and have a significant strength advantage. This would be a tough one for Cap but Cap will win at least a few. IMO Goblin will win a slight majority or split.

Silent Master
Cap wins, he's beaten people on Goblin's strength level multiple times.

h1a8
Cap wins, he's beaten people on Goblin's strength level multiple times.
But Goblin is very fast, and has great reflexes and agility. These will add to his strength advantage to make it very hard for Cap.

This is the best out of 10 since either can win some.

Silent Master
Cap will win the majority.

h1a8
Cap will win the majority.

If he does then it is a slight one. IMO, this is very close to a split.

Silent Master
What Green Goblin feats did you use to reach that conclusion?

StiltmanFTW
But Goblin is very fast, and has great reflexes and agility. These will add to his strength advantage to make it very hard for Cap.

This is the best out of 10 since either can win some.

Aaand he rarely shows that. Goblin's metahuman stats were revealed later in his career via retcon and Cap's beat on people faster and more agile than him (stronger, too), Spider-Man being a great example.

h1a8
What Green Goblin feats did you use to reach that conclusion?

Well we know of his strength. As far as speed, we seen him engaging Spider-man and reacting to him quite often. even caught Spider-man's attack before. Very agile when moving around avoiding attacks as seen again in his fights with Spider-man. And being on that glider maneuvering like that takes hella balance, agility, and reflexes. I'm just going by average general Goblin stuff. Nothing in particular stands out in my memory. Bottom line:

1. He has superhuman speed
2. He has superhuman agility
3. He has superhuman reflexes
4. He has superhuman durability and healing
5. He has superhuman strength
6. He has superhuman intelligence

He makes Cap work hard for it.

h1a8
Aaand he rarely shows that. Goblin's metahuman stats were revealed later in his career via retcon and Cap's beat on people faster and more agile than him (stronger, too), Spider-Man being a great example.

Cap beating Spidey is PIS and cannot be used.
Spidey would spite stomp Cap easily.

In conclusion, it is not who you beat but how you beat them that holds water.

Also, BS. Goblin has metahuman stats since his creation. Just read his first appearance.

Silent Master
Well we know of his strength. As far as speed, we seen him engaging Spider-man and reacting to him quite often. even caught Spider-man's attack before. Very agile when moving around avoiding attacks as seen again in his fights with Spider-man. And being on that glider maneuvering like that takes hella balance, agility, and reflexes. I'm just going by average general Goblin stuff. Nothing in particular stands out in my memory. Bottom line:

1. He has superhuman speed
2. He has superhuman agility
3. He has superhuman reflexes
4. He has superhuman durability and healing
5. He has superhuman strength
6. He has superhuman intelligence

He makes Cap work hard for it.

Other people we have seen engaging Spider-man and reacting to him are Cap, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Gambit, Deadpool etc etc etc

Do you have any other Goblin feats?

StiltmanFTW
Cap beating Spidey is PIS and cannot be used.
Spidey would spite stomp Cap easily.

In conclusion, it is not who you beat but how you beat them that holds water.

Also, BS. Goblin has metahuman stats since his creation. Just read his first appearance.

No, it's not PIS. Any mod can tell you that.

He wouldn't, he lacks the skill and experience to take on the famous super soldier from WWII.

In his first appearance Goblin uses his tech, the flying broom and goblin sparks... goblin formula was introduced later and at first it only boosted his intelligence.

--
Either provide actual feats or stop posting. GG may be stronger than Steve, but his other stats are inferior (except maybe healing)... unless proven otherwise, which I don't see happening.

SamZED

He wouldn't, he lacks the skill and experience to take on the famous super soldier from WWII.

In his first appearance Goblin uses his tech, the flying broom and goblin sparks... goblin formula was introduced later and at first it only boosted his intelligence.

--
Either provide actual feats or stop posting. GG may be stronger than Steve, but his other stats are inferior (except maybe healing)... unless proven otherwise, which I don't see happening. Famous is the key word. Spider-man doesn't lack the skills and experience to take on Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Wolverine, Daredevil, Deadpool etc etc even on their terms but not the famous "ZOMG ITS THE LIVVING LEGEND" super soldier.

Placidity
Famous is the key word. Spider-man doesn't lack the skills and experience to take on Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Wolverine, Daredevil, Deadpool etc etc even on their terms but not the famous "ZOMG ITS THE LIVVING LEGEND" super soldier.

Well, they have to make him look good.

It's not like he can fall back on his genius intellect, knowledge and expertise in almost every discipline known to man or being a prep-god/master tactician/strategist, world's greatest detective, and multi-billionaire, ya know?

StiltmanFTW
Famous is the key word. Spider-man doesn't lack the skills and experience to take on Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Wolverine, Daredevil, Deadpool etc etc even on their terms but not the famous "ZOMG ITS THE LIVVING LEGEND" super soldier.

It's his powerset that allows him to compete.

Badabing
Originally posted by Placidity
Well, they have to make him look good.

It's not like he can fall back on his genius intellect, knowledge and expertise in almost every discipline known to man or being a prep-god/master tactician/strategist, world's greatest detective, and multi-billionaire, ya know? Batman is more than that! He's (deep breath): genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, detective, pilot, escape artist, master of disguise, fluent in japanese, cantonese, mandarin, spanish, french, latin, german, russian, mastered 127 styles of martial arts including tae kwon do, judo, wai tai, karate, boxing, jiujitsu, ninjitsu, degrees in criminal science, forensics, computer science, chemistry, engineering, biology, advanced chemistry...

stick out tongueOriginally posted by SamZED
Famous is the key word. Spider-man doesn't lack the skills and experience to take on Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Wolverine, Daredevil, Deadpool etc etc even on their terms but not the famous "ZOMG ITS THE LIVVING LEGEND" super soldier. Leave it to the Ruskie to downplay Captain AMERICA! sneer

capameridur

StiltmanFTW
He's just being jealous 'cause Red Guardian is lame compared to Steve stick out tongue

Daredevil1
I'm glad the majority agree with this.

Cap definitely wins the majority of the fights but it will be a tough battle for sure but not always.

Outside of Cap massive skill edge. The guy is a super soldier and his stats are damn impressive to have feats of pulling down a helicopter to many others like stopping a car. Goblin is stronger but Cap's own incredible stats combo of speed, strength, reflex, and agility down to even his enhanced mind.

Just seals the deal.

I'm glad everyone agrees Cap wins the majority. And has a feat that is in the 5-7 ton range. I think that h1 is still bitter over the Cap vs Ozzy thread.

evil face smokin'

Daredevil1
False, the copter was in equilibrium (not rising or falling). That means it's lifting force (at that moment before the pull) equaled it's own weight. The pull was instant and the operator of the Copter didn't get a chance to fight against the pull (by making the copter rise higher).

It's all about Newton's second Law. The copter wasn't accelerating in the vertical direction implies that the net vertical force acting on it was 0 (weight force=lift force). Thus any force is capable of pulling it down, provided the copter is not trying to rise before the pull.

Lastly, the copter wasn't a normal one. It was more a glass toy flying machine that probably weighed less than a car. Thus your estimate of 5-7 tons is asinine.

In conclusion, the feat is not a feat at all or at most it is not a good one to show that Cap's strength is anywhere close to Goblin's.

But it was risen to a state off the ground from its own weight to begin with and that is power. That fact that you don't conclude this shows you don't understand physics to begin with.

So Caps pull did defeats its force of flight otherwise it would have pulled Steve. But it didn't.

abhilegend
SamZed would back this cap
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/Capitain-Communist--42645.jpg

SamZED
It's his powerset that allows him to compete. with all of them except Cap. Also its not just powers, its his experience with them and skills too. Heck he fought Shang using judo.

stick out tongue Leave it to the Ruskie to downplay Captain AMERICA! sneer

capameridur laughing That's because he's an overrated capitalist pig!

PS: you cant tell but I typed that line with the stereotypical russian accent.

He's just being jealous 'cause Red Guardian is lame compared to Steve stick out tongue whatever. Ursa Major >>> 10 Captain Americas.stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
That's why he (Ursus) was getting owned in h2h by powerless mohawk Storm? stick out tongue

"Proletarian" Colossus was fun big grin

SamZED
That's why he (Ursus) was getting owned in h2h by powerless mohawk Storm? stick out tongue

"Proletarian" Colossus was fun big grin That's because he unlike Cap is a gentleman. Steve beats up women with his shield. Respect badass bear with a hammer!

Ugh.. dont remind me.

Originally posted by abhilegend
SamZed would back this cap
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/Capitain-Communist--42645.jpg laughing He's my second favorite. Cant post images from my phone, google "Fedor superman" images, thats the one.

abhilegend
That's because he unlike Cap is a gentleman. Steve beats up women with his shield. Respect badass bear with a hammer!

Ugh.. dont remind me.

laughing He's my second favorite. Cant post images from my phone, google "Fedor superman" images, thats the one.
You mean this

http://danawhitesucks.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/super-fedor.jpg

That's a badass superman.

-K-M-
Red Son Superman was sick, awesome Elseworld story. Even Russian Batman was cool.

SamZED
There was a russian Batman? How did I miss that...

You mean this

http://danawhitesucks.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/super-fedor.jpg

That's a badass superman. laughing out loud Yep, that's the one. Best part - he's real.

-K-M-
There was a russian Batman? How did I miss that....

It's from the same Elseworld story. His costume was meh, but he was a badass

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bmfWjmj-DwY/T-x4GGBDTTI/AAAAAAAACdE/NkLavu6aoX8/s1600/Batman_Superman-Red-Son.jpg

StiltmanFTW
That's because he unlike Cap is a gentleman. Steve beats up women with his shield. Respect badass bear with a hammer!

What? Cap loses to women all the time. Sable, Diamondback&Widow, Moondragon...

abhilegend
Originally posted by -K-M-
Red Son Superman was sick, awesome Elseworld story. Even Russian Batman was cool.
Agreed. One of the best superman stories of all time.Originally posted by SamZED
There was a russian Batman? How did I miss that...

laughing out loud Yep, that's the one. Best part - he's real.
Yep, from red son. Here's a picture of his toy line
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/862/862573/batman-20080327035855771-000.jpg

What do you mean "real"? Has he appeared in any comic?

SamZED
Originally posted by -K-M-
It's from the same Elseworld story. His costume was meh, but he was a badass

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bmfWjmj-DwY/T-x4GGBDTTI/AAAAAAAACdE/NkLavu6aoX8/s1600/Batman_Superman-Red-Son.jpg Definitely going to check it out. But Lol at the hat.big grin

Agreed. One of the best superman stories of all time.
Yep, from red son. Here's a picture of his toy line
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/862/862573/batman-20080327035855771-000.jpg

What do you mean "real"? Has he appeared in any comic? only sports related magazines. He's concidered to be the greatest mix martial artists of all time. Undefeated for over 10 years. Out of shape these days but used to be a beast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0OJ6-aauo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What? Cap loses to women all the time. Sable, Diamondback&Widow, Moondragon... In his case its incompetence.stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
http://i48.tinypic.com/i2iur9.jpg

SamZED
laughing

Badabing
laughing That's because he's an overrated capitalist pig!

PS: you cant tell but I typed that line with the stereotypical russian accent.
I added the accent and lol'd. laughing out loud

h1a8

--
Either provide actual feats or stop posting. GG may be stronger than Steve, but his other stats are inferior (except maybe healing)... unless proven otherwise, which I don't see happening.

It's PIS because Spidey would see Cap as a statue.
It's PIS because the Spidey sense is PreCog.
It's PIS because Spidey is much stronger and faster than Cap and thus could either web him easily or ko him in a couple of hits (assuming Spidey let's loose somewhat more than against a normal human).

Of course Goblins other stats are inferior to Steve's, except durability and hf (and maybe speed). But my point is that you and Silent believe that movie Cap can beat movie Ozy yet movie Cap stats (besides strength and durability) are inferior to Ozy's. See this forum is Cap bias.

JakeTheBank
Movie Cap would beat the crap out of Movie Ozy.

Comic Cap would beat the crap out of Comic Ozy.

What's there to argue about?

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Movie Cap would beat the crap out of Movie Ozy.

Comic Cap would beat the crap out of Comic Ozy.

What's there to argue about?

Movie Ozy would beat the crap out of movie Cap. Movie Cap wouldn't even get a lick in. How do you like those apples?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.