will we see another format after blu ray?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
VHS lasted 30 years , Dvd 10 and i belive blu ray will last 5 years untill we see another format

MildPossession
China or Japan are working on something, someone mentioned it on this board a few months ago. There will definitely be something else that comes out after blu ray. Still will not get whatever it is while dvds are still avaliable.

SpaceMonkey
Brain chips that allow us to play movies in our mind as if we were living in them. Coming in 2015.

SnakeEyes
I'm still waiting on holodecks.

Wolfie
I think Blu-Ray will last a little longer because it'll take people longer to switch over to it.

Once DVD got affordable, everybody and their mother switched over because DVD was a million times better than VHS.

Blu-Ray is only two times better though. It will last longer because the studios wait until everyone switched over to release a new format.

Excuse my rough multiplying.

And I hope we don't get to the point of everything being pure downloads. There is too much wrong with that but we are heading that direction.

PaperGangsta
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Brain chips that allow us to play movies in our mind as if we were living in them. Coming in 2015.

hahaha that would be amazing!

SnakeEyes
Wonder when we'll have the capability to watch 3D films at home.

coolmovies
10 years time

BruceSkywalker
Yes there will be a brand new format..

sooner than everyone thinks in fact..

at this very moment in china, they are working on something right now that is supposed to be even better than blu-ray

DarthLazious
I'm sure there will be but not for another 5-10 years from now.

K.Diddy
Wish the world can just be happy with dvd's, I cant afford all this hi-tech blu ray shit

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm still waiting on holodecks.

yeah i can't wait for those

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.