Quasar, Silver surfer vs Supergirl,Martian manhunter,Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naija boy
Bloodlust is on.
This is sentry at his best portrayals.

Bouboumaster
Wich Quasar?

Naija boy
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wich Quasar?

Classic wendell vaughn.

tkitna
Team 1 for the majority

Bouboumaster
If it's classic Quasar, then team 1.

Slaanesh
team 1

starlock
Team 1 for the win

Raoul
Team 1.

Knowsbleed33
One.

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Naija boy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

"Based on?"

Knowsbleed33
He's just living up to his role as antagonist.

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by tkitna
Team 1 for the majority

quanchi112
Originally posted by Naija boy
"Based on?" Numbers advantage. MM and Sentry could take them on and while they would probably lose this battle throw supergirl in and they have the advantage.

Naija boy
Numbers advantage. MM and Sentry could take them on and while they would probably lose this battle throw supergirl in and they have the advantage.

How long do u think MM and sentry would last against surfer and quasar?

Anti-Monitor
laughing good one Quan, what does Sentry do when Silver Surfer drains his power?

Sentry at his best = WWH.

SS >>> both.

quanchi112
How long do u think MM and sentry would last against surfer and quasar? Long enough. No way either of them are just pwning Sentry or MM like chumps.

Naija boy
Long enough. No way either of them are just pwning Sentry or MM like chumps.

Well considering that sentrys powers are energy based and both Quasar and surfer are high end energy absorbers i beg to differ.

quanchi112
Well considering that sentrys powers are energy based and both Quasar and surfer are high end energy absorbers i beg to differ. Any proof that either character could just absorb his energy and pwn him?

Bouboumaster
Any proof that either character could just absorb his energy and pwn him?

For Sentry, I don't know, but it's sure as hell that Supergirl wouldn't survive long enough to be a threat, tanks to Silver Surfer.

quanchi112
For Sentry, I don't know, but it's sure as hell that Supergirl wouldn't survive long enough to be a threat, tanks to Silver Surfer. He already has his hands full.

Naija boy
Any proof that either character could just absorb his energy and pwn him?

Proof? Do u mean aside the numerous energy absorption feats that both of them have?

quanchi112
Proof? Do u mean aside the numerous energy absorption feats that both of them have? That doesn't mean that they can easily do so to Sentry. What is stopping MM from assaulting the Surfer's mind anyways?

Bouboumaster
He already has his hands full.

It wouldn't take long to beat Supergirl. I'm positive on the fact that he could dispatch Martian Manhunter easely to kill her. Anyway, Wendel could help him by being a distraction one second.

quanchi112
It wouldn't take long to beat Supergirl. I'm positive on the fact that he could dispatch Martian Manhunter easely to kill her. Anyway, Wendel could help him by being a distraction one second. But in the meantime MM could be assaulting his mind or Sentry could be wrecking his face.

Naija boy
That doesn't mean that they can easily do so to Sentry. What is stopping MM from assaulting the Surfer's mind anyways?

Surfer has one of the highest (if not THE highest) resistance to mental attacks out of all top tiers. MM assaulting his mind will be futile. The same goes for quasar. Also what resistance does sentry have to his energy being absorbed?

quanchi112
Surfer has one of the highest (if not THE highest) resistance to mental attacks out of all top tiers. MM assaulting his mind will be futile. The same goes for quasar. Also what resistance does sentry have to his energy being absorbed? But it still affects him? When has he resisted before?

Who has absorbed his energy before?

Anti-Monitor
But it still affects him? When has he resisted before?

Quasar cant be mental attacked.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/504/overmind.jpg

Quasar was getting the better of Adam Warlock by absorbing his energies (until Warlock unleashed the power of the Soul Gem).
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4039/vswarlock.jpg

Naija boy
But it still affects him? When has he resisted before?

Hes resisted Moon dragon with the Mind Gem, and broken free of the goddess control while she was using thirty cosmic cubes. ( She had enslaved even the likes of Doc strange). Also he has impressive feats of telepathy himself such as telepathically contacting multiple people from another galaxy and easily invading the mind of a being that telepathically overwhelmed Current nova ( with his full psi shields on). Heck he can also absorb and and manipulate psionic energy.

Sentry hasnt actually fought any high end energyy manipulators but he did fight absorbing man who was absorbing his energy but was overloaded. Obviously absorbing man is nowhere close to surfer or quasar in regards to energy absorption

Naija boy
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

Quasar was getting the better of Adam Warlock by absorbing his energies (until Warlock unleashed the power of the Soul Gem).

Quasar also nearly killed Jack of hearts by absorbing his energy but stopped midway, has absorbed the enrgy of ego the living planet and even surfer himself. Heck by quasars own admission that is the first tactic he uses against any energy based opponenents he fights.

Bentley
Team One utterly stomps. Quasar makes a construct that looks like the void and Sentry freaks out. Surfer uses fire in MM and Kryptonite in Supergirl. Then if necessary they murder Sentry with superior numbers.

(Sentry can be freaked out by Jim Hammond so...)

Bouboumaster
But in the meantime MM could be assaulting his mind or Sentry could be wrecking his face.

To Surfer? Nobody have ever mess with Surfer's mind, if I remember. He have a shitload of willpower.

Knowsbleed33
Wendell has shown the ability to absorb vast amounts of energy.

AlmightyKfish
Classic Wendall was one, if not the best energy absorber among Marvel herald level beings (tied with Thor w/ Mjolnir). Surfer's got some great absorption feats to.

If Sentry unleashes a shit storm of energy ala WWH, he's just going to allow Quasar or Surfer to pound him and his teammates with energy without wasting their own.

Surfer reads Sentry's mind, tells Quasar about the Void, Quasar makes a Quantum Void, Sentry runs away.

Then they fight Manhunter and SG.

WHoever fights Kara wins pretty quickly (she's not weak, but imo either Surfer/Quasar outclass her a little), allowing them to take on J'onn together.

Team One ftw.

quanchi112
To Surfer? Nobody have ever mess with Surfer's mind, if I remember. He have a shitload of willpower. Thanos probed his mind as the golem in the ig saga.Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4039/vswarlock.jpg I said the surfer.

quanchi112
Hes resisted Moon dragon with the Mind Gem, and broken free of the goddess control while she was using thirty cosmic cubes. ( She had enslaved even the likes of Doc strange). Also he has impressive feats of telepathy himself such as telepathically contacting multiple people from another galaxy and easily invading the mind of a being that telepathically overwhelmed Current nova ( with his full psi shields on). Heck he can also absorb and and manipulate psionic energy.

Sentry hasnt actually fought any high end energyy manipulators but he did fight absorbing man who was absorbing his energy but was overloaded. Obviously absorbing man is nowhere close to surfer or quasar in regards to energy absorption The goddess did take him over but he did manage to break free.

When did Moondragon attempt this?

What ish?

Badabing
Thanos probed his mind as the golem in the ig saga. I said the surfer.
facepalm

ugh3

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/vghcb7.gif

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm

ugh3

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/vghcb7.gif

stick out tongue You're lucky the rules just saved your ass. I was about to report you.

Mindset
What stopped you?

Badabing
You're lucky the rules just saved your ass. I was about to report you. shocklaughOriginally posted by Mindset
What stopped you? Don't push your luck. badawe

Mindset
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/FallenJrBlue/funny/Awesome%20Smiley/12061363194571.png

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
What stopped you? bada's tears. he sobs frequently on msn. I'm like his big brother.

Mindset
I laughed.

quanchi112
I laughed. Really? Or are you just saying that?

Mindset
Does it matter?

quanchi112
Does it matter? Yes.

Tazer
Yo.

Numbers advantage. MM and Sentry could take them on and while they would probably lose this battle throw supergirl in and they have the advantage.

my dear God, I cant believe that I agree w/quanchi on this matter, however he IS correct.

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

yea, see the thing about Quasar & mental domination is dependent on whether or not its actually TURNED ON; and for most of his career (pre AND post-nullification) it actually *wasnt*; he's had his mind messed with by Dr. Minerva (using tech), Modok, Oracle (pre-nullification and his mental protection was *on*) the Possessor (post-nullification BUT he had the QBs on), and arguably by Overshadow. also, even when it was *ON*, his mind could still be scanned & read (done by Moondragon).

also, I'll note that while he was effective against Adam, his leeching didnt do jack-squat to Surfer when they fought.

MM is prolly his worst enemy here, given his str AND ability to phase.

Originally posted by Bentley
Team One utterly stomps. Quasar makes a construct that looks like the void and Sentry freaks out. Surfer uses fire in MM and Kryptonite in Supergirl. Then if necessary they murder Sentry with superior numbers.

(Sentry can be freaked out by Jim Hammond so...)

erm....I dont think Sentry would be freaked out by a big bright glowing replica of Void, seeing as its usually depicted as being fairly DARK; Quasar hasnt shown the ability to change the color frequency of his constructs like a GL can.

Surfer has one of the highest (if not THE highest) resistance to mental attacks out of all top tiers. MM assaulting his mind will be futile. The same goes for quasar. Also what resistance does sentry have to his energy being absorbed?

I doubt Quasar draining Sentry will be as easily done as drinking a cup of water; if he STILL HAD TO FIGHT Warlock even while draining him then I kinda doubt Sentry will prove as easy OR easier to subdue; quite the opposite in fact.

and this is him in a fight w/a partner vs 3 opponents?? nah, aint gonna happen.

Tazer

Naija boy
Tazer

Actually for most of quasars career later on his mental resistance was on as it was pre set. Dr minerva didnt mess with his mind. She shot him with a synaptic disruptor gun while he was asleep and it kept him unconscious for one hour. Im not sure of modok ever doing anything to him but Modam ( the modok clone) did attempt to take him out using a combination of plasma blasts and synaptic disruptor beings but quasar was able to quite easily shake off the effects. Against the possesor, i woudnt call it mind control but rather just body switching. iirc quasar touched his rune staff and which was some magical artifact and then his being was switched into possesors body and possesor entered his for a short period of time, before quasar expelled him from his body. Also quasar has a weakness to magical attacks and artififacts. This is the reason i believe possesors attack was able to work in the first place. I cant really remeber the oracle incident u are talking about though. Also by moon dragons own admission, quasaes mind was completely safeguarded against all mental control. Similarly even the overmind who had just mentally messed up the Stranger couldnt affect quasar.

Actually quasar HAS shown the ability to change the color frequency of his constructs. He created green constructs when fighting Modam. Not that i think this void strategy will be effective

Quasar didnt have to fight warlock while draining him. Quasar was holding on to warlock in order to interrogate him about who he was and his association with thanos. Then warlock told quasar that if quasar continued he would be to weak to contain his soulgem. Eventually when quasar tried to remove it warlock unleashed the power of his soulgem and blasted quasar. Draining sentry will not prove hard at all. The reason his leeching didnt do anything to surfer was because of surfers huge energy output ( far far above sentry or anyone in this match).Also surfer is a high end energy manipulator himself. The same cant be said for the likes of sentry. Draining sentry dry wont be difficult at all.

Supergirl can be taken out quite easily by Surfer ( or quasar even) and the same can be said for sentry.

Tazer
Yo.

Actually for most of quasars career later on his mental resistance was on as it was pre set.

that would be incorrect as I'l show later.....

Originally posted by Naija boy Dr minerva didnt mess with his mind. She shot him with a synaptic disruptor gun while he was asleep and it kept him unconscious for one hour.

I *did say* she used tech to mess with his mind, and keeping a mind in a dream-state so its unresponsive to external stimuli counts as such, atleat I would think so.....

Originally posted by Naija boy Im not sure of modok ever doing anything to him but Modam ( the modok clone) did attempt to take him out using a combination of plasma blasts and synaptic disruptor beings but quasar was able to quite easily shake off the effects.

ahhh dangit, yur correct about it being Modam rather than her predecessor, however during their fight Quasar was far from shaking it off *quite easily*.....

Originally posted by Naija boy Against the possesor, i woudnt call it mind control but rather just body switching. iirc quasar touched his rune staff and which was some magical artifact and then his being was switched into possesors body and possesor entered his for a short period of time, before quasar expelled him from his body. Also quasar has a weakness to magical attacks and artififacts. This is the reason i believe possesors attack was able to work in the first place.

it wasnt body-switching since I dont recall Elvis ending up in P's body, nor do I remember him actually touching it, or the Runestaff *ever* being described as magical. I know it was alien & old, but thats about it.

the weakness to magic only comes into play when he got hypnotized by the Enchantress, which he did eventually managed to throw off.....

Originally posted by Naija boy I cant really remeber the oracle incident u are talking about though.

it happend during Operation: Galactic Storm, which wouldve been about issue #33 or so....

Originally posted by Naija boy Also by moon dragons own admission, quasaes mind was completely safeguarded against all mental control. Similarly even the overmind who had just mentally messed up the Stranger couldnt affect quasar.

quite so, however that didnt stop Oracle or Possessor from doing it.

Originally posted by Naija boy Actually quasar HAS shown the ability to change the color frequency of his constructs. He created green constructs when fighting Modam. Not that i think this void strategy will be effective.

yea, that was likely a mis-coloration during the printing process, cuz I dont remember him EVER making a conscious decision to make a construct in alternate colors. and we ARE talking about the 80s here.......

Originally posted by Naija boy Quasar didnt have to fight warlock while draining him. Quasar was holding on to warlock in order to interrogate him about who he was and his association with thanos. Then warlock told quasar that if quasar continued he would be to weak to contain his soulgem. Eventually when quasar tried to remove it warlock unleashed the power of his soulgem and blasted quasar.

I seem to recall that said interrogation involved him making his typical nunchaku, and in 1 of the other x-overs to that Infinity -event Im fairly certain they were shown going at it.

Originally posted by Naija boy Draining sentry will not prove hard at all. The reason his leeching didnt do anything to surfer was because of surfers huge energy output ( far far above sentry or anyone in this match).Also surfer is a high end energy manipulator himself. The same cant be said for the likes of sentry. Draining sentry dry wont be difficult at all.

I dont regard SS as having THAT MUCH MORE stored energy than Sentry, but I'll admit its a debatable standpoint. I dont share the opinion that draining him would be no prob however, as I cant recall Elvis draining anybody of that class lickety-split ever. if U do, then plz share.

Originally posted by Naija boy Supergirl can be taken out quite easily by Surfer ( or quasar even) and the same can be said for sentry.

neither RS-rads NOR k-rads will drop Kara fast enuff to eliminate her from being an issue; not that he COULDNT do it mind ya, but the problem is two-fold: 1) Radd would have to know about it, and 2) she has backup involving 1 man xtra than his side has.

Originally posted by Naija boy saying so unfairly cripples the other side.

Tazer

Naija boy
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

that would be incorrect as I'l show later.....

I *did say* she used tech to mess with his mind, and keeping a mind in a dream-state so its unresponsive to external stimuli counts as such, atleat I would think so.....

ahhh dangit, yur correct about it being Modam rather than her predecessor, however during their fight Quasar was far from shaking it off *quite easily*.....

it wasnt body-switching since I dont recall Elvis ending up in P's body, nor do I remember him actually touching it, or the Runestaff *ever* being described as magical. I know it was alien & old, but thats about it.

the weakness to magic only comes into play when he got hypnotized by the Enchantress, which he did eventually managed to throw off.....

it happend during Operation: Galactic Storm, which wouldve been about issue #33 or so....

quite so, however that didnt stop Oracle or Possessor from doing it.

yea, that was likely a mis-coloration during the printing process, cuz I dont remember him EVER making a conscious decision to make a construct in alternate colors. and we ARE talking about the 80s here.......

I seem to recall that said interrogation involved him making his typical nunchaku, and in 1 of the other x-overs to that Infinity -event Im fairly certain they were shown going at it.

I dont regard SS as having THAT MUCH MORE stored energy than Sentry, but I'll admit its a debatable standpoint. I dont share the opinion that draining him would be no prob however, as I cant recall Elvis draining anybody of that class lickety-split ever. if U do, then plz share.

neither RS-rads NOR k-rads will drop Kara fast enuff to eliminate her from being an issue; not that he COULDNT do it mind ya, but the problem is two-fold: 1) Radd would have to know about it, and 2) she has backup involving 1 man xtra than his side has.

Originally posted by Naija boy saying so unfairly cripples the other side.

Tazer

I dont see what was incorrect about it, it has mentioned nmerous times by both quasar and others.

The thing about Minervas attack was that it was more a physical attack on his brain itself than a psionic attack on his mind. She blasted him in the head with a synapse disruptor gun while he was asleep. Quasars resitance however is to psionic energy. His Q bands interfere with the psionic energy that true telepaths use. ( he has explained this before). So minervas attack which wasnt a psionic attack was able to bypass these defences.

The Modam attack was similar to the minerva attack as it was the same psionic energy disruptor that modam was using. And in that instance Quasar was able to still function ( though he was hindered a bit) without too much trouble. Still it wasnt a psionic attack either.

True the possesor rune staff wasnt ever actually called magical and Quasar didnt actually touch it but it certainly was body switching. Possesor himself even mentioned this and stated that quasar should have ended up in the possesors body when he switched into quasars body. Quasars Q bands however were somehow able to interfere and prevent quasar from leaving his body.

I really dont know what u r referring to about Oracle because in issue 33 it was actually mentioned by Oracle that quasars mind was immune to psionic control.

Hmm im not sure it was a miscoloration seeing as quasar did make his traditional yellow constructs in that issue as well but u might be right. Regardless its quite irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Actually the interrogation didnt involve quasar using nunchaku. Quasar formed the nuchaku when he intially started fighting warlock h2h. but later on stated that it was time he started draining his energy and simply began absorbing it while interrogating him. Warlock then put a stop to it by using the soul gem.

Actually its quite certain that Ss does have a far superior energy output than sentry. Sentry used up all his energy while fighting WWH while surfer casual enery discharges are powerful enough to create blackholes. There is little comparison between the two. As for the high level people quasar has drained, he did drain Adam Warlock and kismet easily and was able to contain the energy of ego he living planet ( something SS himself coudnt do). Rookie quasar was also able to drain most of the phoenixes energy as well as absorb entire stars. Sentry really wont be difficult. Quasar being unable to drain SS is because of SS energy manip abilities and particularly his huge energy output.

Actually SS will have knowledge of Karas weaknesses as basic common knowledge about his opponent. And while K nite might be debatable, REd sun radiation is something that either SS or quasar can easily create. Also SS doesnt even need to use her weaknesses to take out supergirl pretty quickly. Encasing her in a cocoon of ethel energy or a nice stasis bubble ( which quasar could also do) will give them more than enough time to take care of the other two. There is also the option of absorbing her solar energy as well. While team 2 has the numbers advantage the chatracters on team 1 are simply too above high above them powerwise for it to make a big difference.

Tom Joad
Bloodlust is on.
This is sentry at his best portrayals.

too many characters, bplus how can sentry be bloodlusted when he wears mustard, it's not a good combination. You've been warned raver

Tazer
Yo.

I dont see what was incorrect about it, it has mentioned nmerous times by both quasar and others.

The thing about Minervas attack was that it was more a physical attack on his brain itself than a psionic attack on his mind. She blasted him in the head with a synapse disruptor gun while he was asleep. Quasars resitance however is to psionic energy. His Q bands interfere with the psionic energy that true telepaths use. ( he has explained this before). So minervas attack which wasnt a psionic attack was able to bypass these defences.

actually, Elvis DID NOT have his mental defences activated when he was subdued; he didnt turn them on until after his encounter w/Modam.

The Modam attack was similar to the minerva attack as it was the same psionic energy disruptor that modam was using. And in that instance Quasar was able to still function ( though he was hindered a bit) without too much trouble. Still it wasnt a psionic attack either.

I think that yur downplaying her atk quite a bit, as Elvis was dealing with control & cohesion issues while she was pounding his head; an atk like that fits quite squarely in the realm of psionic tampering as far as Im concerned.

True the possesor rune staff wasnt ever actually called magical and Quasar didnt actually touch it but it certainly was body switching. Possesor himself even mentioned this and stated that quasar should have ended up in the possesors body when he switched into quasars body. Quasars Q bands however were somehow able to interfere and prevent quasar from leaving his body.

it would be body-switching on the part of Possessor, not Elvis, since *he* didnt go anywhere. wink

also, since control of his body was stolen from him by an intruder, and MENTALLY at that, I dont really see how it can be excused as NOT a psionic atk.

Hmm im not sure it was a miscoloration seeing as quasar did make his traditional yellow constructs in that issue as well but u might be right. Regardless its quite irrelevant to the topic at hand.

its just speculation about the QBs level of creation & control, however if U want to pass on further discussion then thats fine.

Actually the interrogation didnt involve quasar using nunchaku. Quasar formed the nuchaku when he intially started fighting warlock h2h. but later on stated that it was time he started draining his energy and simply began absorbing it while interrogating him. Warlock then put a stop to it by using the soul gem.

U realize that in yur last post U said that they *didnt* fight....right?? wink

so which is it??

Actually its quite certain that Ss does have a far superior energy output than sentry. Sentry used up all his energy while fighting WWH while surfer casual enery discharges are powerful enough to create blackholes. There is little comparison between the two.

given that WWH was far from yur standard Hulk depiction, I dont see how U can say that *that* shows SS >> Sentry, especially given (to use equal comparisons) that WWH also beat SS (altho I dont remem by how badly).

As for the high level people quasar has drained, he did drain Adam Warlock and kismet easily and was able to contain the energy of ego he living planet ( something SS himself coudnt do). Rookie quasar was also able to drain most of the phoenixes energy as well as absorb entire stars. Sentry really wont be difficult. Quasar being unable to drain SS is because of SS energy manip abilities and particularly his huge energy output.

I dont remem Elvis DRAINING Phoenix's energy, altho I do remem him redirecting them; similarly I cant think of him EVER draining a star, given his problems with simply being within its corona (he cant handle that level of heat OR light, as we saw when he met Binary).

Actually SS will have knowledge of Karas weaknesses as basic common knowledge about his opponent.

SS having "basic common knowledge" about an opponent is HIGHLY debatable, especially given that we've only seen it happen less than a handful of times, so its far from a given; simple existence does not mean "common knowledge", for if it were then SS wouldve blinded Elvis, hit him w/anti-matter or simply encased his hands & wrists inhreetrappings of adamantium (two things hes QUITE vulnerable to.)

And while K nite might be debatable, REd sun radiation is something that either SS or quasar can easily create. Also SS doesnt even need to use her weaknesses to take out supergirl pretty quickly. Encasing her in a cocoon of ethel energy or a nice stasis bubble ( which quasar could also do) will give them more than enough time to take care of the other two. There is also the option of absorbing her solar energy as well.

while I wont argue about the 1st & 3rd points, Im completely confused on the 2nd: wtf is "ethel energy"??

and does it come in a bottle, to be used in a Bugs Bunny cartoon or am I confusing it w/something else?

While team 2 has the numbers advantage the chatracters on team 1 are simply too above high above them powerwise for it to make a big difference.

Elvis has been beaten by bricks b4, and so has SS; considering theyre fighting THREE of them here, and not all with the exact same powers, I cannot agree w/that assesment.

Tazer

Naija boy
I just rechecked that so yeah thats true but it also means that modam actually didnt bypass his mental defences and we cant downplay them for that.

He was dealing with control issues but NOT because it was a psionic attack but because his synapses had been fried. She kept the synapse disruptor focused on him so that she could continue to work in excess of the one hour time limit of the intial blast.

Quasar didnt go anywhere cuz he partially resisted the body switching attack. The result doesnt change the type of the attack itself though which was a body swicthing attack. Also even if it was psionic, the attack is not something that i see MM as capable of replicating.

No no u are misunderstanding me. U claimed that Qusar HAD to fight warlock in order to absorb his energy. I explained that he did not HAVE to fight warlock to absorb it at all. At first he did begin foolishly to fight warlock h2h. But he soon realised that that was a foolish method of fighting and decided to simply absorb warlocks energy while interrogating him about Thanos and his aims. Also i explained that during the ACTUAL interrogation Quasar didnt use his nunchaku as he was simply absorbing warlocks energy.

No no no. WWH didnt beat surfer in the true sense of it. First of all u have to realize that surfer was extremely weakened before he started that fight ( coudnt even use his power cosmic). Further he wasnt fighting against just hulk but against hulk and the entire warbound. Further still he was actually thrashing all of them. They werent beating him in any way. He was superior throughout all of the fight. The only time hulk became dominant is when he broke the obedience disk of surfer ( which was forcing him to fight) and surfer no longer was fighting him. At that point hulk began viciously attacking a surfer who wasnt fighting back. That was not at all the similar to the hulk sentry fight.

He was absorbing and redirecting phoenixes energy. HE even mentions that most of it was under the control of his quantum bands and immediately after that modred realizes that phoenix couldnt defeat Quasar and then blindsides him with the Crimson bands of cyttorak. Further im not sure what u r talking about with him meeting Binary because Quasar actually entered the sun for a period of time in that issue while trying to save the sun. And also yes he HAS absorbed an entire star before it happened in Quasar 16.

No once again u are misunderstanding me, Forum rules state that a character has common knowledge of their opponent before the fight starts. Also in regards to Quasar, Adamantium and antimatterare not things that Quasar is particularly weak against. They are just a few among the many other things that Quasar powers have no control over. They are not similar to supergirls Knite and Red sun radiation weakness. Frankly using antimatter and adamantium is an attack that would be effective on nearly anyone not only quasar. SS not using that line of attack doesnt in any way degrade his Cosmic awareness which in actuality HAS shown on quite a few occasions the ability to tell SS specific details about a particular individuals.

I meant to say ethereal energy, it is basically the energy that SS uses to encase people in hard shells similar to his cosmic glaze and immobilize them but not hurt them. ( Hes used this attack on spiderman, Daredevil, Galactus, Carnage, firelord etc.)

Im not sure what bricks u r talking about against SS ( or even Quasar for that matter who has a stellar record against energy based opponents like those present in this match) because he usually easily defeats and even toys with the bricks he faces. Also that logic in itself doesnt fly because on KMC we use the characters to their full capacity. Its ABC logic to think just because Quasar lost to "person A" in a comic he would lose to "person B" on KMC. Many things such as circumstances and PIS come into play in comics that are absent on KMC because the character will be able to fight to his or her full capacity. As i said Ss and quasar are just too all round powerful for the other team

Tazer
Yo.

I just rechecked that so yeah thats true but it also means that modam actually didnt bypass his mental defences and we cant downplay them for that.

well that was my point from the beginning: that he didnt ALWAYS have mental defenses, and even then things have gotten thru. I *did* say that, remember? smile

He was dealing with control issues but NOT because it was a psionic attack but because his synapses had been fried. She kept the synapse disruptor focused on him so that she could continue to work in excess of the one hour time limit of the intial blast.

ok, so let me ask U this: if the synapse disruptor had been used on him while his m-def's were active..........would it have worked??

and like I said b4: it affectd his mind, so Im fine w/calling it a mental atk. much like Oracle making him see ppl who really werent there.

Quasar didnt go anywhere cuz he partially resisted the body switching attack. The result doesnt change the type of the attack itself though which was a body swicthing attack. Also even if it was psionic, the attack is not something that i see MM as capable of replicating.

wasnt trying to imply that MM could do so, but that said even if it was partly resisted, that also means it was partly successful, correct? and the general consensus was that Elvis' DEF had never been thwarted......correct?

smile

No no u are misunderstanding me. U claimed that Qusar HAD to fight warlock in order to absorb his energy. I explained that he did not HAVE to fight warlock to absorb it at all. At first he did begin foolishly to fight warlock h2h. But he soon realised that that was a foolish method of fighting and decided to simply absorb warlocks energy while interrogating him about Thanos and his aims. Also i explained that during the ACTUAL interrogation Quasar didnt use his nunchaku as he was simply absorbing warlocks energy.

and U've misunderstood me: my position wasnt that he HAD TO FIGHT to drain him, only that THEY WERE FIGHTING and during theyre skirmish he did so. he didnt just go "ok, drain time!" and sucked away, cuz I really dont see Gruenwald herbing AW like that......

No no no. WWH didnt beat surfer in the true sense of it. First of all u have to realize that surfer was extremely weakened before he started that fight ( coudnt even use his power cosmic). Further he wasnt fighting against just hulk but against hulk and the entire warbound. Further still he was actually thrashing all of them. They werent beating him in any way. He was superior throughout all of the fight. The only time hulk became dominant is when he broke the obedience disk of surfer ( which was forcing him to fight) and surfer no longer was fighting him. At that point hulk began viciously attacking a surfer who wasnt fighting back. That was not at all the similar to the hulk sentry fight.

so, in the End Hulk stomped on a SS who was no longer being held back yes?? and the winner was.......?

wink

but ok, I see yur point.

He was absorbing and redirecting phoenixes energy. HE even mentions that most of it was under the control of his quantum bands and immediately after that modred realizes that phoenix couldnt defeat Quasar and then blindsides him with the Crimson bands of cyttorak. Further im not sure what u r talking about with him meeting Binary because Quasar actually entered the sun for a period of time in that issue while trying to save the sun. And also yes he HAS absorbed an entire star before it happened in Quasar 16.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6672/vsphoenix1.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/509/vsphoenix2.jpg

1) by his own admission, absorbing her energy wasnt working out for him, due in part to multi-tasking, so he had to switch to re-directing wat she threw at him; if anything it comes across that absorbing HER wouldve been a major task for him under solo conditions, and as it happened was pretty much a worthless tactic.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2876/star.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6623/star10.jpg

2) so in-effect, he LEECHED off of a star to make a light-show, and not ABSORBED A STAR. the 2 arent the same, and the result is far less than impressive when U see just wat it was done for.

also, he dove into the Sun to rescue Binary who over-expended herself doing something he himself couldnt do (thats not a slight to him tho), and hauls @$$ outta wat Im pretty sure was the Corona as his shields we failing him (same as we found out in ish #8, where he could barely deal with the heat from either the planets Mantle, or its Core). and like I said, he covered the both of them with his cape becuz he couldnt handle the light.

No once again u are misunderstanding me, Forum rules state that a character has common knowledge of their opponent before the fight starts.

ok, fair enuff, but the rules also state that they'll also battle according to their normal personality, which means that SS *isnt* going to just be hitting Kara w/k-rads or RS-rads, and Quasar isnt going to just start draining her or Sentry.

if yur gonna use the rules then lets use ALL of them, ok? wink

Also in regards to Quasar, Adamantium and antimatterare not things that Quasar is particularly weak against. They are just a few among the many other things that Quasar powers have no control over. They are not similar to supergirls Knite and Red sun radiation weakness. Frankly using antimatter and adamantium is an attack that would be effective on nearly anyone not only quasar. SS not using that line of attack doesnt in any way degrade his Cosmic awareness which in actuality HAS shown on quite a few occasions the ability to tell SS specific details about a particular individuals.

its a weakness much in the way that magic is to Superman, in that its not something he has any notable protection against, and is in-effect an equalizer. so in their fight, if SS had been using that CE the way yur assuming he *would* here, then he'd have deduced that Elvis lacks any form of matter-manip and either wouldve encapsulated him thusly, or simply converted the QBs themselves.

and yet.....that didnt happen. where was the CE then??

I meant to say ethereal energy, it is basically the energy that SS uses to encase people in hard shells similar to his cosmic glaze and immobilize them but not hurt them. ( Hes used this attack on spiderman, Daredevil, Galactus, Carnage, firelord etc.)

oh ok, but then I have to ask how many ppl of Karas physical class have been entrapped by it w/o being able to break free?

Im not sure what bricks u r talking about against SS ( or even Quasar for that matter who has a stellar record against energy based opponents like those present in this match) because he usually easily defeats and even toys with the bricks he faces.

Quantum gave him serious probs, he didnt defeat Gladiator, if U count JLA/Avengers then WW shut him down (understandable if ya dont), Doc Spectrum cut *right thru* everything he dished out (and wasnt drained either), Makk is an energy-based being and was only stopped becuz *he* was playing around, there was that pair of alien brother that basically made him wish he'd left them alone, Tyrak tore thru most of wat was thrown at him, and need I mention Annihilus??

those R just a sample of bricks & energy-based beings who didnt get defeated "or toyed with".

Also that logic in itself doesnt fly because on KMC we use the characters to their full capacity. Its ABC logic to think just because Quasar lost to "person A" in a comic he would lose to "person B" on KMC. Many things such as circumstances and PIS come into play in comics that are absent on KMC because the character will be able to fight to his or her full capacity. As i said Ss and quasar are just too all round powerful for the other team

ok, so based on that then we have a speed-blitzing kryptonian, a semi-psychotic SSS-user who would have little issues in pulling Elvis's arms off OR punching his head off, and MM who would have little issue in stopping his heart by phasing his hand thru his chest.

or rather, its completely ABC-logic to think that 2 out of the opponents would get herbed (or pwnt, if U will) in this match simply becuz they ARE energy-users in some way shape or form, seeing as how both HAVE LOST to other energy users.

if U dont like ABC-logic, then dont use it yurself is all Im saying.

Tazer

Naija boy
And MY point was that not that he ALWAYS had mental defenses throughout his career but that he eventually pre set his quantum bands to protect him and since that time it had worked automatically

I can only speculate as to whether it would have worked but in regards to this match it is irrelevant as it wasnt similar in nature to what an MM attack would be like and his mental defenses werent even on. Against the overmind a being whose mental powers are identical to MMs quasars defenses held firm. Also if the incdient with oracle is the imperial guard thing, it wasnt a mind attack they were just illusions that were created. By her own admission Quasar
was immune to her psionic control

I have conceded that that kind of unique attack was partially succesful but since MM wont be replicating it here it is also quite irrelevant in the context of this match. End of story

No i think i understood ur position quite well. Ur own words:

U claimed that Quasar still HAD to fight Warlock even while draining him but i have proved that this was simply not the case. Also he didnt use the words "OK drain time" but he did say " I think its time my quantum bands gobbled up big heads( Warlock) bucket fullls of power" which is essentially the same thing.

No in the end Hulk cheapshotted an SS who was no longer fighting nor defending himself. That match has no relevance here at all. If anything Ss came off far better than hulk in tha match as he was thrashing hulk and multiple others simultaneously.

Earlier in the comic Quasar stated that he had managed to place most of the phoenixes energy under the control of his quantum bands ( which in essence means he had absorbed most of it). In that instance they were one on one and when Modred realised that quasar had the upper hand he attacked quasar. The scan u showed happened later in the comic and it wasnt that Absorbing her energy wasnt working out for him but that it was taking too much out of him for him to be able to perform other tasks as well. It does imply that absorbing her energy would have been a major task for him ( as it had been earlier on) but also that it is something that is certainly within his capabilities if he has proper concentration ( as he showed earlier in the comic as well). Further that was rookie quasar and also phoenix output is considerably superior to that of either supergirl or sentry.

I dont see any leeching there. He absorbed the energy ( in his own words power) of a star into his quantum bands in order to show his power. He did it in order to get the attention from a group of watchers who had previously been ignoring him as only such a monumental feat would get their attention. And also Quasar didnt just "dive into the sun" to rescue binary he was in the sun for a prolonged period of time before that. In fact Quasars efforts to save the sun were done while INSIDE it. Hence the reason he and Epoch were seen discussing how long Quasar could survive "within the suns interior" which was their only option. It was while he was IN the sun that he found binary and rushed because he wanted to get her to earth cuz she was nearly unconscious. His Shields WERE NOT failing him while rescuing binary. I dont know where u got that from. He only wondered whether his quantum energy would be able to keep binary alive before he got her to earth. He did cover himself with his cape cuz he coudnt handle the light but he handled the heat just fine. also in issue 8 that was rookie quasar who wasnt as experienced with his bands as the quasar who performed the sun feat. It is therefore irrelevant.

Continued in next post.

Naija boy
I am using the "all the rules" and it is well within SS and quasars personality to go for energy drainage. Infact quasar has mentioned that energy drainage is his primary attack against all energy based opponents he faces and its one of the first things he practically always tries. Going for it right off the bat is certainly something he would do. Energy draining and Encasing people in quantum bubbles are his two most used tactics.

Also even when SS wasnt galactus herald it was well within his personality tot exploit karas weakness quickly because he was a pacifist and never liked prolonged violence. However with his current more ruthless and less emotional personality he wont have any problems taking her down with her weakness even more quickly.

Ud have to basically be able to break SS cosmic glaze in order to destroy it ( cuz thats basically its energy form) something i dont see kara doing quickly if at all.

Quantum didnt really give him much problems and that was also when quasar was still a novice with the bands. sometime around quasar 4 or so. For most of that fight quasar just kept knocking quantum away from him while trying to figure out who he was and contacting eon. eventually he pretended to be knocked out so he could figure out how to stop qunatums teleporting power. Gladiator isnt a brick who is really energy based and further quasar and him didnt really fight in the true sense of it. Doc spectrums energy i think is outside the EM spectrum so quasars bands have no control over it. I think The same goes for the energy that makkari uses (?????) which i have no idea of what it is. Im not sure of the alien brothers u are talking about and let alone if they were energy based beings within the EM spectrum. Tyrak also isnt an EM energy based being. Annihilus is a a being that had superior control over energy to quasar ( thanks to his staff) so he is irrelevant as well. Also u misunderstood me again because i was talking about SS toying with bricks not Quasar. Quasar however has a very good record against beings whose enrgy he can absorb ( sentry and and supergirl are part of this group).

Could u tell me some examples of supergirl speedblitzing? Sentry wont be pulling anybodies arms off as either Quasar or SS can easily defeat him And MM wont get the chance to phase his hand thru quasars chest with SS around.

Moreover im not using ABC logic at all. Two out of the three contestants in this match are vulnerable to energy manipulators. There is NO ABC logic there at all. ABC logic is taking a fight without considering the context or circumstances and then making the claim that "person A" will lose because he lost to " person B". Meanwhile his loss to "person B" had numerous extraneous circumstances that will be completely absent from a forum fight. ( ive explained numerous instances of this above.

My argument that two of the members of MMs team are vulnerable to energy absorption and therefore go down quickly IS NOT ABC logic. First of all there are no extraneous circumstances or plot influenced context which im omitting. In fact im basing the assesment on the characters power base and how it makes them vulnerable to these kind of attacks not singular confrontations whose results were influenced by circumstances. Not at all ABC logic. Further im not sure who u were referring to by saying "theyve lost to other energy users" ( Whether it was surfer and quasar or sentry and supergirl). However if u are talking about surfer and quasar the energy users theyve lost to ( and they arent very many) are not in the same vein as supergirl and Sentry. That is they were not as vulnerable to these type of attacks as SG and Sentry are. Therefore they are not even applicable here.

The fact remains that both SG and Sentry have little defense against the type of attacks that SS and Quasat are capable of producing and that are well within their character to produce.

Avlon
When did Sentry become vulnerable to energy manipulators all of a sudden?

Naija boy
Originally posted by Avlon
When did Sentry become vulnerable to energy manipulators all of a sudden?
Sentry was getting his energy absorbed by absorbing man but was able to overload him. The same certainly wont happen here. With sentry being energy based he is in big trouble.

quanchi112
^^Who else has been able to overload the absorbing man when he attempted absorption?

Naija boy
I should have replied this in the earlier posts but i didnt see it
The quasar case is simply an instance of SS deciding NOT to use transmutation on him. The abilities of quasars Q bands are known well enough and SS himself in that battle described them as "weapons of universal renown but weapons merely for utilizing energy". So regardless of his CA he already knew what the Q bands were capable off. Him not trying to encase quasar in adamantium or something like that was simply not done for the sake of plot. It in no way demeans from his CA.

BTW Ss has used transmutation more than enough times in battle to prove that it is certainly "in character" for him and therefore viable in a forum fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.