Episode 13: Jedi Crash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
All I can say is, this episode needs to redeem this series.

Als, seeing as Aayla is in it and everyone will be drooling over boobs and midriffs...why are there no hot male jedi?

And WOOT for Bly and the 427th. Clone count: 5 (Oddball, Thire, Cody, Gree, Bly)

Robtard
After the last two, I do hope it gets better.

Dude, you're "drooling" over an animation. That's subjective, maybe Obi's bearded-wonderness does it for some people.

Captain REX
Scarily enough, I just finished running a role-playing game for Lana here on the boards with a plot that is horrificly similar. It has been a suspicion of the SWRP section for some time that Lucas steals our ideas.

Also, this episode was written by Katie Lucas. I'm not horribly excited, but George Takei (Sulu) is voicing a character.

Ordo
Maybe your ideas are just that unoriginal lol...

Maybe I should play with you guys sometime.

Captain REX
I should hope not! stick out tongue And that'd be chill. Just need to wait for an opportune time to do so.

Nactous
Not that bad of an episode.

Robtard
But not a good one either, the pacifist tree-monkeys and their rolling about was lame.

Peach
Originally posted by Captain REX
Scarily enough, I just finished running a role-playing game for Lana here on the boards with a plot that is horrificly similar. It has been a suspicion of the SWRP section for some time that Lucas steals our ideas.

Also, this episode was written by Katie Lucas. I'm not horribly excited, but George Takei (Sulu) is voicing a character.

Having seen the episode, I will confirm that the impression I got from the preview was true. It was exceptionally close to the plot of our game stick out tongue Though I'd say Ahsoka had an easier time of it by about a billion times over.

Was a pretty good episode, Aayla was cool and I liked the voice they gave her, and as always watching Star Wars with my younger siblings is entertaining because they're such geeks about it.

queeq
Maybe Filoni's been reading your RPG's. He needs good stuff badly.

Captain REX
Next Dooku will have hired a mercenary named Quam who uses a Tommy blaster.

MIŠT
Originally posted by Robtard
That's subjective, maybe Obi's bearded-wonderness does it for some people.

Obi Wan is like the Chuck Norris of Star Wars hmm

Pretty cool episode. Aayla came so close to actually mentioning Quinlan's name. down

Nactous
It is a little odd, how close things can come to a persons fan-fiction, I kid you not when I say it seems Lucas got Episode 3 content from me.

Hybris
Did anybody notice that the sound of Anakin breathing with the oxygenmask on was just like the sound he makes as Darth Vader while breathing? Or was it just me?

Decent episode, not superb, but a relief after the two pirate episodes... Aayla should have mentioned Quinlan's name! (although it was nice to see her referring to him in the first place)...

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
It is a little odd, how close things can come to a persons fan-fiction, I kid you not when I say it seems Lucas got Episode 3 content from me.

Really? That's very interesting. What parts?

queeq
Didn't you know?

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
Really? That's very interesting. What parts?

The Republic turning in on the Jedi. Making them enemies of the state.

Ordo

Like no one saw that coming roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hybris

Ow ow let me guess, in your story Anakin turned to the dark side aswell? big grin

Robtard

Well, if Grievous sodomizes Padme' with a giant twisting robo-penis in a future episode, then it will certainly be uncanny.

BTW, that's copywritten, so don't get any ideas for your fan-faction.

Nactous
Originally posted by Hybris
Ow ow let me guess, in your story Anakin turned to the dark side aswell? big grin

No, it was KotOR era.

Final Blaxican
Well, if Grievous sodomizes Padme' with a giant twisting robo-penis in a future episode, then it will certainly be uncanny.

Why god? crylaugh

Ordo
I'd pay to see that on DVD...

Captain REX
No, it was KotOR era.

I'll just be glad that didn't actually happen. Too many parallels.

queeq

BTW, that's copywritten, so don't get any ideas for your fan-faction.

laughing

Ordo
I copyright all clone-on-clone erotic scenes....

Jedi Crash
Net Reaction: Positive
Season 1 Record: (6)-7
Summary: In many respects this episode brought forth what I was waiting to see all season. While the episode kind of flatlined towards the end, this is the first time the first half of a two parter recieved a positive reaction. A special shout-out to Katie Lucas for writing the most intelligent episode this season.

What I want to see next: I want the viewpoint that the Jedi are no longer peacekeepers to be admitted. Even though they carry around their shiny sticks, peacekeepers dont walk around with an army. I want the plot to reveal that the Jedi have indeed failed their primary role and sold their soul to Palpatine's War.

A droideka vs. Lurmen rolly-race

KARKING KMC POSTING MY STUFF AND THEN NOT LETTING ME DELETE IT!

Part II to follow.

Ordo
Positives
Tee Watt Kaa: I wanted to give this guy a special place seperate from the Lurmens. All I can say is HELL YES. This is what this series was made for. His criticism of the Jedi is dead on and he b*tchslapped Aayla with his criticism. This character is easily the most profound supporting character in the entire series and made this episode one of my favorites.

Lurmens: These guys rock. Not only are they among my favorite unused concept art from AOTC, they're just all around cool. They're tiny, they hobble (hence the rolling, for those that complain. They can't walk straight, they only go from side to side. Contrived? maybe, but at least they tried.) They're pacifist and cute without being moronic and retarded Ewoks. I felt the voices were right on, there was enough diversity amongst the models, and they had a point. They even have Thai derived names and clothes that I thought were fitting. Their tails also rocked...and moved.

Bly: Nice to see him with Aayla and in the series in general. Why aren't they making out yet? lol. Nonetheless, he had some great shots, as did Rex, who is developing a "shoot the monster in the eye" complex that is serving him well. Only downside? His tattoo is a little lame.

Opening battle: The atmospheric trails on the star fighters were amazing and the flight choreography was dead on. This was probably the most epic sequence of the show. The Republic was clearly getting its ass kicked (though I am unaware why 2 Star Destroyers can't take on 3 Separatist frigates...) Nonetheless, it was sexy and got my heart pounding. Even the droids seemed to contribute. I liked the "a-HA!" moment. A few special shout-outs go to: Ashoka, whose lightsaber combat style is markedly different and captured beautifully. Also one to the pilots of the larty, whose combat and jump out of the cockpit was just badassery. Clones got skill baby. Glad its getting shown.

Cruiser: Had some cool/classic shots of it going through hyperspace. I also liked the zero-G incident.

Anakin getting knocked out: Finally, a way to shut the whiner up. Its also nice to focus on other characters for a time.

Aayla: Receives midriff bonus. French accent rocks. Made a few nice points, but I didn't understand her logic about both of them having to go look for help. My only question is: When we get to Ryloth, will all Twi'leks have French accents?

Running: definitely looked better than Padme on Rodia.

Ending shot: Nice. Really nice.

Negatives
Happenstance: Un-piloted lartys cant' crash into holes in Star Destroyers. Why weren't their shields up on the cruiser while flying through the middle of the space battle? How did both pilots conveniently get shot and the hyperdrive set? These little things moved the plot, but they didn't really make sense.

Tactical Droid: WTF was that ugly, totally un-Seperatist droid doing in this show?

Are we there yet?: If the opening battle was not in the atmosphere, why are there trails on the fighters? Why is the destroyer burning up. Why were the gates open on the larty? If they're in the atmosphere...why are we panicking about "entering the atmosphere." Also, how can they jump to hyperspace from the atmosphere?

My Master: quinlan vos...Quinlan Vos...QUINLAN VOS...SAY IT. This series needs more respect to for the EU.

Mastifs: I get sick of the episodic monsters in this series. If you landed on earth, the likelihood that you'd be attack by something life-threatening that is not microscopic is about 0.01% Enough already. They were also a bit overused...but maybe that makes them more relevant.

Another battle in a destroyer: More Jedi running through hallways.

S_D_J
finally saw this and the next episode

... after the other two i was disappointing with the show that I stopped watching... good to comeback to it with a good episode like this one

Kazenji
I caught this one tv, Good episode and also the next one as well.

queeq
"their last known trajectory"... What a lame use of an OT line. What was their last known trajectory: flying towards their own ship!!

Otherwise, not a bad episode. Jedi in Africa.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Ordo

Als, seeing as Aayla is in it and everyone will be drooling over boobs and midriffs...why are there no hot male jedi?

*scowls* what do you make of anakin and Obi-Wan?

queeq
I wouldn't know about such things. wink

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...please excuse the girl who is babbling about really hot male jedi.

Ordo
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

Neither are hot...NEITHER.

*shudders*

Jaeh.is.Awesome

*shudders*

Well I don't think Aayla is hot, either.

Darn, who am I kidding. *sigh* She is, darnit. Even I admit to that.

But I still stand by Anakin and Obi-Wan being really hot male Jedi. *huff, pouts*

Ordo
I'd do Aayla over Kenobi or ANakin any day...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'd do Aayla over Kenobi or ANakin any day...

maybe being a guy helps with your aversion to Kenobi or Skywalker...

Hybris
As I bi-gay man, I did not find Ziro offensive.

No it doesn't big grin

Ordo
ditto. lol

S_D_J
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

Originally posted by queeq
I wouldn't know about such things. wink Originally posted by Ordo

*shudders*
what about Quinlan Vos?

131wank

you all love him

Ordo
Originally posted by S_D_J
what about Quinlan Vos?

131wank

you all love him

Actually, I was contemplating doing a sexified pic of him a while back (a la Starkiller). I guess its time to bring that back. Yay! New art project this weekend.

He's never been an aabsolute favorite of mine, but he's much better than Skyguy or Kenobs. I guess among a pile of old men looking concerned, Vos has a natural gravitation.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by S_D_J
what about Quinlan Vos?

131wank

you all love him

I.. uh, think I'll stick to Skywalker and Kenobi.

queeq
EU alert.

Ordo
This board is going to die between now and next October....

queeq
Prolly.

Ordo
Prevent it.

queeq
Okay everyone, listen up. Keep posting until october! wink

GeekyGirl
Originally posted by Jaeh

Agrees.

Korto Vos
This board is going to die between now and next October....

http://www.dadwagon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/not-dead-yet.jpg

queeq
Alibe and 'a' kickin'

S_D_J
Originally posted by Korto Vos
http://www.dadwagon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/not-dead-yet.jpg

laughing

queeq
Oh yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.