Who can resist Emma the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Emma Frost is bloodlusted and she tries to mind rape the following fighters. They cannot attack Emma, just try to resist the mental onslaught. Who would resist the longest?

Doctor Doom (no armor)
Superman
Magneto (obviously no helmet)
Lex Luthor
Cyclops
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Joker
Maxwell Lord

occultdestroyer
Cyclops ???

I'd put Martian Manhunter, but he's not in the list

Wei Phoenix
I thought Magneto didn't need a helmet to resist TP?

Bentley
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I thought Magneto didn't need a helmet to resist TP?

He is TP resistant, arguably, several characters on the list are too.

Raoul
cyclops puts enough of his higher brain functions in to his mental black box, and survives...

i don't see her taking down Clark, and hal can put up a shield (assuming thats allowed)

Bentley
Originally posted by Raoul
cyclops puts enough of his higher brain functions in to his mental black box, and survives...

i don't see her taking down Clark, and hal can put up a shield (assuming thats allowed)

GL shields have been pierced by other telepaths, admittedly maybe Emma doesn't have the level to do it, if she doesn't, then consider that Hal will fully resist.

The idea is to list the characters from which would resist the best and which would be mindraped first.

Wei Phoenix
Scott thinks "If she breaks through then I will cut her off from the wood" Emma then forfeits the match.

Kris Blaze
Magneto.

Wei Phoenix
Doom did pretty good too.

vansonbee
Silver Surfer - I don't believe its gonna effect him at all
Hal Jordan
Joker

Bouboumaster
Surfer: He resisted worst. Like. Being put in a mental fight against Thanos.

Joker: Crazy. Some have already try. Manhunter isn't even able to keep him sane.

Mindset
What sense does it make that Doom and Mags don't get their armor/helmet, but Hal gets a ring?

Anyway, I say SS and Supes.

AlmightyKfish
If she gets into Joker's mind it might drive her insane, its happened before.

I can't imagine even global telepathy having that much of an effect on Surfer.

In the Dark Reign One Shot it Doom detected Emma straight away and threatened that 'no man or woman will enter the mind of Doom without my permission'. I'm betting he has mystical failsafes.

I can;t imagine Emma being able to mindrape Supes in a short time either.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mindset
What sense does it make that Doom and Mags don't get their armor/helmet, but Hal gets a ring?

Yeah? wtf?

SS
Joker
(for completely different reasons laughing )

SoulDevourer
too bad Storm aint in that list :/

Anti-Monitor
SS

Stryder Hiryu

Anyway, I say SS and Supes.

mags doesnt really need it, he can cast a magnetic field around his brain I think storm does something similar

Mindset
Originally posted by Stryder Hiryu
mags doesnt really need it, he can cast a magnetic field around his brain I think storm does something similar Yes, but the the helmet increases it, but that isn't really the point of my post...

vansonbee
Originally posted by Stryder Hiryu
mags doesnt really need it, he can cast a magnetic field around his brain I think storm does something similar Has that been shown to protect him in any comics? ninja

Raoul
Originally posted by Bentley
GL shields have been pierced by other telepaths, admittedly maybe Emma doesn't have the level to do it, if she doesn't, then consider that Hal will fully resist.

The idea is to list the characters from which would resist the best and which would be mindraped first.

hal held off hammond with an actual shield he put up, not his auto shield (or he altered his auto shield, i dun recall). if he knows she's trying to get at his mind, he can put the field up, imo...

Scott thinks "If she breaks through then I will cut her off from the wood" Emma then forfeits the match.

laughing out loud

Holographical
Northstar
Midnighter
Ult. Colossus
Wolverine

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Holographical
Northstar
Midnighter
Ult. Colossus
Wolverine

I see what you did there smile

Bentley
Reading this gave me an idea for another thread, hope I don't forget soon.

ExodusCloak
Emma Frost is bloodlusted and she tries to mind rape the following fighters. They cannot attack Emma, just try to resist the mental onslaught. Who would resist the longest?

Doctor Doom (no armor)
Superman
Magneto (obviously no helmet)
Lex Luthor
Cyclops
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Joker
Maxwell Lord

Dr. Doom just got mindraped by Natalie X...without his Armour Emma could do it if he isn't allowed to cast Magical Shields??

If Supes is going to stand there then most definitely and if she opts for an orgasm onslaught then most definitely.

Magneto...is he allowed to use his powers? If so then probably not without a lot of effort. But it can and has been done a few times with and without his helmet.

Lex Luthor I assume psi-blockers aren't standard with him.

Cyclops black box isn't going to stop her from shutting down his higher functions, it'll keep her from knowing about some of his dirty secrets but that's about it. The BB was of no use to him in AXM where she just shut down his higher brain functions.

Silver Surfer no effect on him, Ems will probably get white noise backlash or something.

Hal Jordan can he use his ring on himself? If not then yes, and with a lot of effort the shields can be pierced which she's capable of if he just stands there.

Joker...she doesn't need to enter his mind. She knocks him out with psychic lightning which is described as ambient psionic energy in the atmosphere channeled into a beam. shifty Oh yes indeed, she did that to Monet.

Maxwell Lord she'd be able to do that.

I mean they're all just standing there and she's bloodlusted....Surfer would probably hurt Emma without even realizing it though.

shiv
Emma Frost is bloodlusted. Who would resist the longest?

Doom survives with a mild headache. in a KMC environment where Doom's magic isn't ignored in order to set up a pis feat

Hal Jordan focuses his willpower to preserve his mind. in 52 weeks hal used his ring to achieve Telepathy and manage psi transmissions. Hal Pimpslaps

Surfer w/ease

Emma wrecks Cyclops

with or without powers Magneto shrugs of the onslaught.
But without powers he is vulnerable to short term memory loss

Joker has a migraine.

Luthor barely. He has defenses.

Maxwell Lord. Anyones guess.

Surfer would resist the longest
Doom second longest. Magic.
Then the coolest out of Magneto GL and The Joker.

Raoul
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
If Supes is going to stand there then most definitely and if she opts for an orgasm onslaught then most definitely.

superman was able to resist despero while fighting a controlled justice league. he's stopped martian manhunter from affecting his mind through pure force of will. not saying it will last forever, but it'll be long enough imo.

LIES! stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_GL4-Telepathy.jpg

Bentley
People who can put off a defense can use it, but there are no autoshields unless those are on all or most of the time in the character history. Meaning that Doom can use magic to protect himself but he will be forced to summon it -unless someone proves its always on and has nothing to do with a physical equipment-, the same for Gl's auto shield and Magneto using his powers.

Emma can race them with her own offensive so they are hit before they mount a decent defense though. They can't attack her nor use some indirect offense on her to hinder her powers

Raoul
People who can put off a defense can use it, but there are no autoshields unless those are on all or most of the time in the character history. Meaning that Doom can use magic to protect himself but he will be forced to summon it -unless someone proves its always on and has nothing to do with a physical equipment-, the same for Gl's auto shield and Magneto using his powers.

Emma can race them with her own offensive so they are hit before they mount a decent defense though. They can't attack her nor use some indirect offense on her to hinder her powers

so she gets prep but they don't?

Bentley
so she gets prep but they don't?

No, it means she can try to mindrape at the start of the match. If Hal manages to summon a real shield by the mental resistance than his autoshield gives him he may do so. I don't think Supes ever is prepared before he is hit by a mind attack, he just endures it once it comes. Given them the chance to put shields up would be given them prep while Emma gets none.

Raoul
No, it means she can try to mindrape at the start of the match. If Hal manages to summon a real shield by the mental resistance than his autoshield gives him he may do so. I don't think Supes ever is prepared before he is hit by a mind attack, he just endures it once it comes. Given them the chance to put shields up would be given them prep while Emma gets none.

in the case of superman, his mind processes information at a far faster rate than most. that alone will keep emma busy, imo.

hal dropped his shield later in the issue, letting hammond read his mind. when hammond tried to go too far, hal was able to re-establish his shield...

ExodusCloak
superman was able to resist despero while fighting a controlled justice league. he's stopped martian manhunter from affecting his mind through pure force of will. not saying it will last forever, but it'll be long enough imo.

That would have most likely been mind control in both cases am I right? Not saying it'll be easy but DC telepathy from what I know seems to be used and work differently to Marvel Telepathy...well X-Universe telepathy. Marvel they have the Astral Plane/Higher Functions thing...while DC seems more on the Mind Blast + Mind Control orientated.

I don't think the processing speed will matter though, the X-telepaths deal with crap like that more often then usual Kid Omega was processing thoughts at faster then the speed of light and then there's the Cuckoos who process information at ficitonal super computer speeds, and IRRC the Aurora and Northstars new upgrade. They also are shown able to download a lifetime of information instantly as well as 1 second real time = ages telepathic time.

Yeah I figured that much but wasn't sure if it was being allowed in the thread. Although I don't think he'll get his up if Emma is allowed a preemptive attack. "Mind Off" is kind of different to what Hector Hammond was doing.

MisterAJ
Joker...

To much psycho in there for her to take him...

Mindset
How does Joker being insane stop him from being mindraped?

Battlehammer
uncanny x-men 504 is were the little black box of scot is mention if any one was curious.

as for it not helping him vs emma in astonishing x-men, not sure thats the best evidences. I mean for some reason she had no trouble mind raping any of the x-men in that run, but in other series she had trouble or been unable too.

though that being said scot black box aint saving him from being mind raped.

Raoul
That would have most likely been mind control in both cases am I right? Not saying it'll be easy but DC telepathy from what I know seems to be used and work differently to Marvel Telepathy...well X-Universe telepathy. Marvel they have the Astral Plane/Higher Functions thing...while DC seems more on the Mind Blast + Mind Control orientated.

true to an extent.

even if you look at it that way (which is fine with me), there's still, imo, an element of raw telepathic power involved. whether you want to control, disable, or mess with the functions of said person, you still have to overcome whatever defences the person has in place.

as far as superman goes, he's resisted some of the most powerful and most diverse psychics in DC. manhunter, despero, even manchester black.

superman also has near infinite willpower. that, moreso in dc maybe, allows him to resist almost any form of telepathic attack. i'm not saying emma can't do it, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of effort on her part. superman is almost notorious for resisting telepathy.

yeah, it was different, no argument about that. the ring, though, is capable of blocking all signals of a psionic nature... thats assuming hal gets the shield up...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Battlehammer
uncanny x-men 504 is were the little black box of scot is mention if any one was curious.

as for it not helping him vs emma in astonishing x-men, not sure thats the best evidences. I mean for some reason she had no trouble mind raping any of the x-men in that run, but in other series she had trouble or been unable too.

though that being said scot black box aint saving him from being mind raped.

Well she kind of mind raped Scott in Warsong as well.

Not really the only person she had problems with was Wolverine who she's mind raped at least 5 times in the past not including AXM, and Xavier had problems with him recently as well. Apparently somewhere after AXM and before Original Sin Wolverine built up enough scarred tissue to resist mental commans. Which is strange because they even referenced Emma telepathically stopping the fight at the beginning of Wolverine Origins in that crossover.

But I'd put money on that being forgotten about in the future seeing how Wolverine needed to be resistant to telepathy in order for the story to progress. If he wasn't Xavier wouldn't have come along with Logan.

ExodusCloak
true to an extent.

even if you look at it that way (which is fine with me), there's still, imo, an element of raw telepathic power involved. whether you want to control, disable, or mess with the functions of said person, you still have to overcome whatever defences the person has in place.

as far as superman goes, he's resisted some of the most powerful and most diverse psychics in DC. manhunter, despero, even manchester black.

superman also has near infinite willpower. that, moreso in dc maybe, allows him to resist almost any form of telepathic attack. i'm not saying emma can't do it, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of effort on her part. superman is almost notorious for resisting telepathy.

yeah, it was different, no argument about that. the ring, though, is capable of blocking all signals of a psionic nature... thats assuming hal gets the shield up...

I can agree with that, I guess the difference between Marvel and DC in telepathy is that in Marvel skill counts a lot more then raw power.

Battlehammer
Well she kind of mind raped Scott in Warsong as well.

Not really the only person she had problems with was Wolverine who she's mind raped at least 5 times in the past not including AXM, and Xavier had problems with him recently as well. Apparently somewhere after AXM and Original Sin Wolverine built up enough scarred tissue to resist mental attacks. Which is strange because they even referenced Emma telepathically stopping the fight at the beginning of Wolverine Origins in that crossover.
5 times? really when was this, I know of one time. nvm I take your word for it there no need to take up spaces here.

I recall here having difficulties with storm and other x-men, but maybe I am mistaken.

Think it a reconnt. Logan is suposes to have high levels of TP resistences, but many writers ignored this at times, so I believe they tried to reconnt it.

also the psi blocker helps as well.

Raoul
I can agree with that, I guess the difference between Marvel and DC in telepathy is that in Marvel skill counts a lot more then raw power.

aye. there are one or two exceptions (black for instance) but in general, yeah, thats pretty much spot on...

Battlehammer

But I'd put money on that being forgotten about in the future seeing how Wolverine needed to be resistant to telepathy in order for the story to progress. If he wasn't Xavier wouldn't have come along with Logan.

? what are you talking about? Logan TP resistences had nothing to do with xavier coming along if I recall correctly.

Battlehammer
Dr. Doom just got mindraped by Natalie X...without his Armour Emma could do it if he isn't allowed to cast Magical Shields??

Magneto...is he allowed to use his powers? If so then probably not without a lot of effort. But it can and has been done a few times with and without his helmet.

Lex Luthor I assume psi-blockers aren't standard with him.

Cyclops black box isn't going to stop her from shutting down his higher functions, it'll keep her from knowing about some of his dirty secrets but that's about it. The BB was of no use to him in AXM where she just shut down his higher brain functions.

Silver Surfer no effect on him, Ems will probably get white noise backlash or something.

Hal Jordan can he use his ring on himself? If not then yes, and with a lot of effort the shields can be pierced which she's capable of if he just stands there.

Joker...she doesn't need to enter his mind. She knocks him out with psychic lightning which is described as ambient psionic energy in the atmosphere channeled into a beam. shifty Oh yes indeed, she did that to Monet.

Maxwell Lord she'd be able to do that.

I mean they're all just standing there and she's bloodlusted....Surfer would probably hurt Emma without even realizing it though.
agree

ExodusCloak
5 times? really when was this, I know of one time. nvm I take your word for it there no need to take up spaces here.

I recall here having difficulties with storm and other x-men, but maybe I am mistaken.

Think it a reconnt. Logan is suposes to have high levels of TP resistences, but many writers ignored this at times, so I believe they tried to reconnt it.

also the psi blocker helps as well.

He had a psi-blocker? Didn't know that. I thought it was psi-shields from Xavier.

? what are you talking about? Logan TP resistences had nothing to do with xavier coming along if I recall correctly.

I meant from a story perspective. In the Prologue to Original Sin Wolverine wanted Xavier to mind wipe Daken. But Charles didn't want to and tried to force Wolverine to leave but couldn't an Charles was dragged along with Wolverine to the Hellfire Club IRRC. The second story in the prologue.

Charles record with Wolverine is also on and off. I think Charles has a better record with Sabertooth then Wolverine.

Battlehammer
He had a psi-blocker? Didn't know that. I thought it was psi-shields from Xavier.

I meant from a story perspective. In the Prologue to Original Sin Wolverine wanted Xavier to mind wipe Daken. But Charles didn't want to and tried to force Wolverine to leave but couldn't an Charles was dragged along with Wolverine to the Hellfire Club IRRC. The second story in the prologue.

shield I ment.

Xavier dident try to force wolverine to leave. What issue are you refferring to.

ExodusCloak
shield I ment.

Xavier dident try to force wolverine to leave. What issue are you refferring to.

Let me check, the Original Sin One-Shot the one with the scarred tissue where he punches Cyclops. The second story in that by Mike Carey. He's sitting with Xavier and Charles refuses to do what Wolverine asked him to do as is threatened by Logans claws after trying to make Logan go away. I think that's how it went done but I'll go and check.

Battlehammer

Charles record with Wolverine is also on and off. I think Charles has a better record with Sabertooth then Wolverine.

yea most likly, but that make senses Logan has a lot more scare tissue and so on.

atually in three of Logan series recently reconnted it to xavier having trouble reading or accessesing his mind even during the early years.

Battlehammer
Let me check, the Original Sin One-Shot the one with the scarred tissue where he punches Cyclops. The second story in that by Mike Carey. He's sitting with Xavier and Charles refuses to do what Wolverine asked him to do as is threatened by Logans claws after trying to make Logan go away. I think that's how it went done but I'll go and check.
you could be right I don't remeber I see if I ahve my copy of the issue lying around.

Battlehammer
on a side note could emma mind rape gambit? also how old is gambit?

ExodusCloak
on a side note could emma mind rape gambit? also how old is gambit?

Gambit's resistance like most characters is also on and off...I remember him holding a card to his head to create static interference but he's been mind raped and detected a few times. I think the most recent time was Mr. Sinister/Xavier.

Don't have access to my issues at the moment of Original Sin...will get it out along with that Legacy arc.

Storm has resistance due to static in her brain.

Kitty has resitance because of her shifting of molecules.

Rogue has resistance due to the nature of her powers.

Jubilee had resistance....never was explained.

Magik was supposed to be immune...but God knows what happened there.

Magneto has resistance I assume Polaris has the same kind of resistance.

Scott has strong shields as well...to the point where the Shadow King needed to distract him in order to mind control him.

But they've all been over come quite a few times by telepathy. A lot of the resistance is due to probing and mind control.

Battlehammer
Gambit's resistance like most characters is also on and off...I remember him holding a card to his head to create static interference but he's been mind raped and detected a few times. I think the most recent time was Mr. Sinister/Xavier.

Don't have access to my issues at the moment of Original Sin...will get it out along with that Legacy arc.

yea figured it was on and off that seems to be the cases with all character who show TP resistences.

I couldent find mine I may have left it at my apartment. Thanks.

gambit just got reconnted to being around during weapon x project that make him like over 50, thats so dumb

ExodusCloak
yea figured it was on and off that seems to be the cases with all character who show TP resistences.

I couldent find mine I may have left it at my apartment. Thanks.

gambit just got reconnted to being around during weapon x project that make him like over 50, thats so dumb

You mean in Weapon X: First Class? Or the movie?

Battlehammer
You mean in Weapon X: First Class? Or the movie?
weapon x first class

ExodusCloak
weapon x first class

Is that the 4th issue?

Was looking at Emma's appearance the other day the one in the Weapon X mini where she makes Sauron look like an ass. And then saw that interview with Wolverines new ongoing that starts after the movie and Emma and Gambit showing up later on in the series...gah not happy with Movie Emma at the moment.

BTW Wasn't T'Challa supposed to be resistant/immune to telepathy thanks to the Panther God?

Battlehammer
Is that the 4th issue?

Was looking at Emma's appearance the other day the one in the Weapon X mini where she makes Sauron look like an ass. And then saw that interview with Wolverines new ongoing that starts after the movie and Emma and Gambit showing up later on in the series...gah not happy with Movie Emma at the moment.

3rd I think in the back of it.

wait there making a wolverien comic off the movie? oh I hope not, he not even canadian in the movie.

Battlehammer

BTW Wasn't T'Challa supposed to be resistant/immune to telepathy thanks to the Panther God?

maybe I though it may have been reconnt to tech.

I havent seen the panther god bee mention in a long time. I think the writers realized it was a stupid idea.

ExodusCloak
3rd I think in the back of it.

wait there making a wolverien comic off the movie? oh I hope not, he not even canadian in the movie.

This is a canon ongoing IRRC:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120812-Wolverine-Weapon-X.html

You must have missed this thread. stick out tongue
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=498940&pagenumber=2

Battlehammer
but it not based of the movie thank god.

Battlehammer
This is a canon ongoing IRRC:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120812-Wolverine-Weapon-X.html

You must have missed this thread. stick out tongue
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=498940&pagenumber=2
lol I thought that thread was about weapon x first class lol

Superherovandal
Emma is definitely not capable of penetrating a GL psi shield. When Hal put his up against Hammond all hammond he couldn't do anything. He had to make a deal with Hal to remove his shield for info on a bad guy so hammond could experience his life. and even when Hammond refused to stop Hal still managed to stop his telepathy. also supes is very telepathically resistant except to the very highest. I mean it took Max years of probing to actually get anywhere with him. So it'll be difficult for Emma to do anything to him.

janus77
Surfer doesn't even notice that Emma's trying to mindrape him.
Surfer wins this contest with consummate ease.

Wei Phoenix

Um didn't Doom resist her in that whole dark avengers or whatever it was when Norman brought them all together?

ExodusCloak
Um didn't Doom resist her in that whole dark avengers or whatever it was when Norman brought them all together?

She walked in, presumably attempted to probe his mind and he told her to stop attempting to enter his mind and she responded in typical Bendis Talk.
Norman later goes on to say that Doom would have magical and tech defences built into his armour against telepathy. He couldn't have resisted anything because she wasn't trying to bypass his shielding after the probe and it was his armour that was affording him the protection not his mind. But given her experience and track record with psionic tech and given time it wouldn't surprise me if she could by pass the tech shielding.

Natalie X a teenage mutant telepath managed to bypass his psi defences(Which is apparently both Magical and Tech) recently which is odd but still bypassing the Hoods psi defences is also odd especially when you consider who the demon that he's invoking is.

Wei Phoenix
She walked in, presumably attempted to probe his mind and he told her to stop attempting to enter his mind and she responded in typical Bendis Talk.
Norman later goes on to say that Doom would have magical and tech defences built into his armour against telepathy. He couldn't have resisted anything because she wasn't trying to bypass his shielding after the probe and it was his armour that was affording him the protection not his mind. But given her experience and track record with psionic tech and given time it wouldn't surprise me if she could by pass the tech shielding.

Natalie X a teenage mutant telepath managed to bypass his psi defences(Which is apparently both Magical and Tech) recently which is odd but still bypassing the Hoods psi defences is also odd especially when you consider who the demon that he's invoking is.

Ah thanks. I only saw that scan so I didn't know if he was naturally trying to resist or if he had magic or tech backing him up. Thanks again.

Zack Fair
Seriously...who could resist Emma when she turns around and bends over with her lingerise?

No one.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Seriously...who could resist Emma when she turns around and bends over with her lingerise?

No one.

I have to wear a condom whenever I read anything with her in it.

ExodusCloak

There must be something about telepathic teenage girls bypassing old mens psi defences...eg Esme and Not Magneto(Xorn), Natalie X and Doom, the Cuckoos and Phoenix/Xavier/Emma and everyone else they met.

Wei Phoenix
There must be something about telepathic teenage girls bypassing old mens psi defences...eg Esme and Not Magneto(Xorn), Natalie X and Doom, the Cuckoos and Phoenix/Xavier/Emma and everyone else they met.

Its called pedophillia. They lower their defenses when they see that lovely little piece of jail bait they can only think of one thing.

ExodusCloak
Its called pedophillia. They lower their defenses when they see that lovely little piece of jail bait they can only think of one thing.

Pixie should have been a telepath. I like the way that they've made her a tattletale.

Wei Phoenix
Pixie should have been a telepath. I like the way that they've made her a tattletale.

Pixie has gained so much respect in my book since she utterly owned Empath.

ExodusCloak
Pixie has gained so much respect in my book since she utterly owned Empath.

Empath owned Empath when we found out what a perv he was. Greg Land is drawing the next arc...Psylockes coming back and the arc is called Sisterhood.

carver9
I have to wear a condom whenever I read anything with her in it.

good one, I couldnt help but to laugh at this one.

Honestly, the only person on the list that could resist her is magneto and silver surfer, the others would get mind raped.

Wei Phoenix
Empath owned Empath when we found out what a perv he was. Greg Land is drawing the next arc...Psylockes coming back and the arc is called Sisterhood.

yeah peeping in her window at night so he can see what she feels like inside. She is joining the Sisterhood of evil mutants?

Superherovandal
nah. Hal would to. His GL psi shields are too much for Hammond let alone Emma.

ThunderGodEneru
Emma Frost is bloodlusted and she tries to mind rape the following fighters. Hot.

xJLxKing
I have to wear a condom whenever I read anything with her in it. What the f**k? disturbing

Raoul
Empath owned Empath when we found out what a perv he was. Greg Land is stealing other artists work and playing it off as his own in the next arc...Psylockes coming back and the arc is called Sisterhood.

facepalm

fixed. stick out tongue

Bentley

That's why I said no armor. There are such a big Doom fanboys around here that they think he does that by himself...

Wei Phoenix

Also what did you mean by that? You don't think Doom could make her regret so? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that she is severely outclassed but I was just wondering what you meant by that.

Mindset

Natalie X a teenage mutant telepath managed to bypass his psi defences(Which is apparently both Magical and Tech) recently which is odd but still bypassing the Hoods psi defences is also odd especially when you consider who the demon that he's invoking is. Does the Hood even have psi defense?

Mindset
That's why I said no armor. There are such a big Doom fanboys around here that they think he does that by himself... No, there aren't.

ExodusCloak
Does the Hood even have psi defense?

I'm not sure, doesn't the cloak make him totally immune to things like that?
I know Dorammamu does, and the way SI: Dark Reign was written was a bit weird when you consider that she was able to sense another presence inside the Hood.
Didn't Strange get severe backlash from trying to do something similar to him

Also what did you mean by that? You don't think Doom could make her regret so? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that she is severely outclassed but I was just wondering what you meant by that.

I think she could get past his shields given time. But it'd take a while, and in a fight he'd make her pay before she could get past them.

I believe he could hinder telepaths to a high degree, eg he could hide his thoughts and fight of mind control without his armour and spells...but he'd be fair game to a lot of other types of attacks eg Higher Brain Function shut down or a psi-blast.

basilisk
That's why I said no armor. There are such a big Doom fanboys around here that they think he does that by himself...

To be fair, it has has been shown that Doom uses both his armor's tech/magic and his indomitable willpower to protect himself against mind control. An example was in Emperor Doom when Purple Man berates him for hiding behind tech for protection from his power, so Doom takes of his mask and confronts him.
Doom says "I am removing my mask Kilgrave. Within it is the circuitry that shields me from your power. I am totally vulnerable."
Doom then easily resists PM's power, standing right next to him, without the armor.
PM says "Impossible! N-Not this close! No one has a will that strong!"

Now I know that it's not TP as such, but it does show Doom has exceptional willpower and natural resistance to mind control on top of his other protection. IMO Doom has a very good chance here along with several others.

Mindset
Doom's will > all.

uhuh

Bentley
Originally posted by basilisk
Now I know that it's not TP as such, but it does show Doom has exceptional willpower and natural resistance to mind control on top of his other protection. IMO Doom has a very good chance here along with several others.

That's why he is in the thread in the first place.

Bentley
Doom's will > all.

uhuh

'Xept Kang eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.