New Gods vs. Cosmic Powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Takion
Infinity Man
Orion
Gog

vs.

Thanos
Silver Surfer
Adam Warlock
Morg WOL/PC

quanchi112
Which gog? The big dummy that got his head planted on the source wall?

Nestical
team duece

Mindset
Gog is a New God?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Gog is a New God? 3rd world I believe. Not a new god.

Knowsbleed33

guy222
thanos' team

occultdestroyer
New Gods.

But Gog is NOT a New God.

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which gog? The big dummy that got his head planted on the source wall? That dummy fought about a dozen super powered beings at one time. Lets look at what the team consisted of Sentinel Allan Scott, Thunderbolt, Kc Supes and Starman i just think he was over powered nobody but a high skyfather would stand a chance against what Gog fought.

Mindset
I don't remember Starman or Thunderbolt doing much of anything.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't remember Starman or Thunderbolt doing much of anything. For serious? Starman was basically the anchor and helped bfr him they used the multiverse map on him and he teleported them to the wall how do you not remember that laughing . Thunderbolt just helped with the combined assault to weaken Gog and Magog helped a little bit too.

Slaanesh
cosmic power FTW

fangirl101
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
New Gods.

But Gog is NOT a New God.
I agree the New Gods may be a bit much since you basically have the IM who can one shot trans tiers when he wants to. I put Gog there because he's part of the New God mythos.

cloud102
Hard to tell. Gog didn't come off as that impressive during the end. I might favor him over Thanos, I don't know. The way he was introduced was bad ass, but that was it.

Infinity Man is arguably more powerful than than everyone except Thanos. Morg w WOL would be a good match.

Everyone knows what I think of Orion and Surfer, so another victory for Orion.

That leaves Warlock with Takion and Tak takes it with ease.

Small edge to New Gods and Old God.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
For serious? Starman was basically the anchor and helped bfr him they used the multiverse map on him and he teleported them to the wall how do you not remember that laughing . Thunderbolt just helped with the combined assault to weaken Gog and Magog helped a little bit too. How is teleporting him beating him?

They already had him beat, I'm saying I don't remember Starman actually doing any fighting...no expression

Mindset
Originally posted by cloud102
Hard to tell. Gog didn't come off as that impressive during the end. I might favor him over Thanos, I don't know. The way he was introduced was bad ass, but that was it.
thumb up

Gog was a scrub.

cloud102
Didn't he use his gravity powers, so people can attack him freely?

Mindset
Didn't he use his gravity powers, so people can attack him freely? I don't remember that, it's possible.

I just know for all his supposed power Gog went down pretty fast.

cloud102
Let's just say that he did. If you think about it, that's a bad feat for Gog. Kingdom Come Superman can resist Starman's gravity powers, but Gog can't???

Does this mean KC Supes > Gog?

Mindset
Well he did heat vision his head off. erm

Naija boy
Originally posted by guy222
thanos' team

Galan007
That dummy fought about a dozen super powered beings at one time. Lets look at what the team consisted of Sentinel Allan Scott, Thunderbolt, Kc Supes and Starman i just think he was over powered nobody but a high skyfather would stand a chance against what Gog fought. The first 'herald' 3rd World Gog had during the recent JSA arc, fought the same peeps + quite a few more. Said 'herald' also fought Infinity Man, who was the prime agent of the Source at the time, and seemingly got the better of him in their few-page battle. Yet 3rd World Gog was ultimately beaten by the same characters his 'weaker' herald was stalemating/owning? Weird, I say.

Philosophía
Geoff just won't write characters on consistent, or sometimes even logical powerlevels.

Galan007
That's just it, and it f*cking annoys me.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
That's just it, and it f*cking annoys me.

Same here.

Avlon
It doesn't sound any different than Galan and Surfer during Annihilation.
Sometimes the herald looks better than the Boss.

Galan007
Originally posted by Avlon
It doesn't sound any different than Galan and Surfer during Annihilation.
Sometimes the herald looks better than the Boss. But in the case I mentioned, the herald was better than the boss

fangirl101
But in the case I mentioned, the herald was better than the boss
Gog basically jobbed the entire time. He Talked the entire fight. he could have simply removed everyone's sight.

Tom Joad
New gods are over 30 years old, not so new, change the title of the thread, or be warned. This, itself, is a warning. raver

Galan007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Gog basically jobbed the entire time. He Talked the entire fight. he could have simply removed everyone's sight. I don't care what Gog might have been able to do, I'm talking about what he actually did - and in that area, he just wasn't the proverbial 'cat's meow' imo.

Like I said, his first herald impressed me more than he did.

fangirl101
I don't care what Gog might have been able to do, I'm talking about what he actually did - and in that area, he just wasn't the proverbial 'cat's meow' imo.

Like I said, his first herald impressed me more than he did.
Well in this forum, we do go by what he could have done. Since he actually did Remove the very sight of the Dr. that he gave. It was in his power to do a many things. He simply talked thru the fight. His power may also have to do with the level of worship that he had at the time.

quanchi112
That dummy fought about a dozen super powered beings at one time. Lets look at what the team consisted of Sentinel Allan Scott, Thunderbolt, Kc Supes and Starman i just think he was over powered nobody but a high skyfather would stand a chance against what Gog fought. I read the arc. he wasn't impressive in the least. The original gog in this arc when it first began did more damage. This guy was easily taken care of. Originally posted by Mindset
thumb up

Gog was a scrub. Yeah,they built this story up and then the heroes easily waxed him at the end. They kinda dropped the ball there. Overall a good arc though.

iceman24567
Didn't he use his gravity powers, so people can attack him freely? Yeah while Sentinel Alan Scott had a giant chain construct holding him with people all with super human strength pulling it Kc Superman, Power girl and a couple weaker people. Point is Starmans powers and a couple class 100+ characters held him down while the others blasted him. I really don't see anybody below the highest skyfather fending that off no. Yeah he totally got pwned but alot would fall to that team.

Galan007
Well in this forum, we do go by what he could have done. Since he actually did Remove the very sight of the Dr. that he gave. It was in his power to do a many things. He simply talked thru the fight. His power may also have to do with the level of worship that he had at the time. Originally posted by Galan007
I don't care what Gog might have been able to do, I'm talking about what he actually did - and in that area, he just wasn't the proverbial 'cat's meow' imo.

Like I said, his first herald impressed me more than he did. smile

I read the arc. he wasn't impressive in the least. The original gog in this arc when it first began did more damage. This guy was easily taken care of. 3rd World Gog was *somewhat* impressive, but nowhere near as impressive as he should've been, imo.

In short, I give most of this post a "thumb up"

fangirl101
smile

3rd World Gog was *somewhat* impressive, but nowhere near as impressive as he should've been, imo.

In short, I give most of this post a "thumb up"
I don't care that you don't care. In the Vs. Forum we discuss all of the time what a character might do. As I said, he simply talked too much. Even then, It was still the JSA with Thunderbolt. Even the original Gog herald didn't actually fight thunderbolt.

Galan007
I don't care that you don't care. That's not nice. sad

I care about you! smile

In the Vs. Forum we discuss all of the time what a character might do. There's nothing wrong with discussing character potential. However, trying to use unseen power against on panel feats, is a faulty line of logic.

Like I said before, based on feats, the first herald of Gog seemed more impressive than the actual Gog

As I said, he simply talked too much. Even then, It was still the JSA with Thunderbolt. Even the original Gog herald didn't actually fight thunderbolt. Okay, Thunderbolt only blasted 3rd World Gog two different times :

1.) http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1210392_tbolt0.jpg

2.) http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1210393_tbolt1.jpg

And just because said blasts came from a 5-D Genie, doesn't mean they were teh uber universe-busterz!!

Philosophía
Seeing 5th dimension beings being treated as cannon fodder makes me want to slap Geoff.

fangirl101
That's not nice. sad

I care about you! smile

There's nothing wrong with discussing character potential. However, trying to use unseen power against on panel feats, is a faulty line of logic.

Like I said before, based on feats, the first herald of Gog seemed more impressive than the actual Gog

Okay, Thunderbolt only blasted 3rd World Gog two different times :

1.) http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1210392_tbolt0.jpg

2.) http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1210393_tbolt1.jpg

And just because said blasts came from a 5-D Genie, doesn't mean they were teh uber universe-busterz!!
falty Logic. It was the combined assault on Gog that contributed to his demise. To say the blast didn't do much at all is faulty. Obviously they did have an effect as Thunderbolt is easily the most poweful JSA member and before he actually got into it, the JSA had trouble with a simple herald of Gog. And as for discussing powers, I didn't mention anything that God hadn't shown. Gog gave the dr. sight, he also removed his sight. So where in the heck you get off saying I am discussing imaginary powers is beyond me. I simply said Gog, could have removed everyone's sight.

Galan007

Galan007
falty Logic. It was the combined assault on Gog that contributed to his demise. To say the blast didn't do much at all is faulty. Obviously they did have an effect as Thunderbolt is easily the most poweful JSA member and before he actually got into it, the JSA had trouble with a simple herald of Gog. And as for discussing powers, I didn't mention anything that God hadn't shown. Gog gave the dr. sight, he also removed his sight. So where in the heck you get off saying I am discussing imaginary powers is beyond me. I simply said Gog, could have removed everyone's sight. facepalm

fangirl101
But in all fairness, T-bolt is hardly ever treated as a true 5-D Imp thumb down
He's done very well against Mordru who is equal to Nabu. And we all know Nabu is multiversal.

Philosophía
But in all fairness, T-bolt is hardly ever treated as a true 5-D Imp thumb down

Except Grant. smile

Galan007
He's done very well against Mordru who is equal to Nabu. And we all know Nabu is multiversal. Originally posted by Galan007
facepalm

Galan007

Avlon

quanchi112
He's done very well against Mordru who is equal to Nabu. And we all know Nabu is multiversal. Nabu is nowhere near multiversal.

fangirl101
Nabu is nowhere near multiversal.
Fail. He's >Kismet who is Multiversal. Your statement is thus false.

quanchi112
Fail. He's >Kismet who is Multiversal. Your statement is thus false. I could look for the article that mentions the avengers/jla thing wasn't meant to imply that at all. I guarantee that is the only reason.

Avlon
Nabu is not multiversal....

kevdude
Anyone have any reason why Nabu isn't Multiversal?? big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Anyone have any reason why Nabu isn't Multiversal?? big grin What makes him multiversal?

kevdude
What makes him multiversal?

Lets see taking on a hostless Spectre who is, most powerful Lord of Order (Kismet is a Lord of Order and she tried to stop Imperiex Prime from restarting the whole Universe/Multiverse).

kgkg
If Nabu is Multiversal then Wolverine is at least Universal

supremthor
Originally posted by kgkg

i thought Wolverine was omniversal

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 2

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Lets see taking on a hostless Spectre who is, most powerful Lord of Order (Kismet is a Lord of Order and she tried to stop Imperiex Prime from restarting the whole Universe/Multiverse). Shazam took on the spectre while weakened by Mordru's escape. Does that make him multiversal?

Mordru easily had Nabu beat and he is nowhere near multiversal.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by kgkg

Whoa, whoa. Be careful, someone might actually believe you...

fangirl101
Shazam took on the spectre while weakened by Mordru's escape. Does that make him multiversal?

Mordru easily had Nabu beat and he is nowhere near multiversal.
Context. Shazam took on the spectre after he'd been weakened while in the rock of eternity which is a multiversal place, with some serious prep and artifacts of power. I just can't stand the examples you give. You always leave out important info.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Avlon
Nabu is not multiversal....
Kismet Multiversal.

nabu>Kismet.

That will be all.

cloud102
i thought kismet was universal.

fangirl101
i thought kismet was universal.
Kismet is the Guardian of all DC realities.

cloud102
Do you think Kismet is a fight for Eternity?

fangirl101
Do you think Kismet is a fight for Eternity?
they'd be a stalemate IMO. As they were shown to be equals in JLA Avengers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.