Bulletproof Skin vs Pressure Points

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright can a streetlevel character sucessfully use pressure points on somebody with bulletproof skin? How can somebody who skin is supposedly able to withstand a bullet hurling at 500mph at and not have their skin punctured be drop by somebody use pressure points on skin that tough?

Ulik(Bulletproof skin)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goonie1/Ulik%20Custom/UlikBanner-10.jpg

vs

Batman(Master of pressure points)
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/ALGOL_C/COMICS/Batmanlee.png

or

Daredevil(master of pressure points)
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/ghostofjealousy/daredevilV2n01.jpg

Kris Blaze
Ulik gets himself a new cape and lawyer.

Wei Phoenix
Kenshiro could.

golem370
How question?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by golem370
How question?

How could Kenshiro do it? Is that what you are asking?

golem370
Yes how could any streetleveler do it

Mindset
Kenshiro is an anime character and he isn't a streetleveler.

golem370
Yeah I know who your talking it makes people explode from the inside but thats not canon

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Ulik gets himself a new cape and lawyer.

Wei Phoenix
Well Kenshiro is the shit first of all. He isn't a comic character so I'll be brief with this discussion. Hokuto Shinken is the shit and Ulik will either feel excrutiating pain in like five seconds or one touch and he'll already be dead. Kenshiro's fists are stronger than a bullet and pack way more force.

golem370
Well in the case of Ulik he withstood high calibur rounds and blows from Thor.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah I know who your talking it makes people explode from the inside but thats not canon

what isn't canon?

Well in the case of Ulik he withstood high calibur rounds and blows from Thor.

Last thing I'm going to say on this topic seeing as Kenshiro is neither a streetleveler nor a comic character. Kenshiro can strike pressure points without physically touching you.

Back on topic. These two aren't doing a thing.

golem370
Well these are examples of streetlevel characters. Fists of the Northstar isn't canon.

Hyperion Prime
Well these are examples of streetlevel characters. Fists of the Northstar isn't canon.

Isn't canon to what!!!!!! Do you mean Fist isnt canon, because it isnt a comic? Because I am pretty sure fist the series in cannon.

vansonbee
Ulik is a magical creature with bullet proof skin, hmmm

Bat & DD fails.

How about karnak? His insight to see a being/object weak point. confused

occultdestroyer
The Batkick on Ulik's pressure points might work.

Darkseid also has bulletproof skin, and the Batkick bloodied him.
And it wasn't even a pressure point hit.

vansonbee
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The Batkick on Ulik's pressure points might work.

Darkseid also has bulletproof skin, and the Batkick bloodied him.
And it wasn't even a pressure point hit.
Was this during Final Crisis ? Which issue

golem370
Well it shouldn't have happened that was a terrible showing for Darkseid. Was the batkick hitting a actual pressure point? Batman or Captain America hurting somebody like Darkseid or Hulk is a joke feat, Should have never been put in print imo. It what we as people do to making ourselves look special. Like when Kubik actually was impressed by humans and their nature. Gods admiring us not likely

Trackz
well the skin is bullet proof, not sur epressure points should work... when BP tried to use pressure points against a skrull with luke cages skin he hurt his hand im pretty sure.

SoulDevourer
"bulletproof" doesnt mean "rigid"

u can have bulletproof yet flexible skin (its like carbonadium : hard as adamantium but flexible)

and if the skins flexible then pressure points can still work

occultdestroyer
Was the batkick hitting a actual pressure point?
No. It only hit Darkseid's jaw.

But it bloodied his mouth nonetheless.

BTW, I just saw that pic from a scan around this forum a long time ago, so I don't know what issue that panel came out.

Warrior18
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
"bulletproof" doesnt mean "rigid"

u can have bulletproof yet flexible skin (its like carbonadium : hard as adamantium but flexible)

and if the skins flexible then pressure points can still work

thumb up

golem370
Still shouldn't work.

basilisk
Probably shouldn't work but this is comics.

Hulk, Thor, & Sub-Mariner have all been shown to be bullet-proof at various times (not sure what the verdict on Thor is these days) and they have all been knocked out cold by pressure point attacks.

Hell Wonder Man is not only bullet-proof and an ionic being who doesn't need to eat, sleep, or breath and shouldn't even have pressure points, and he was still paralysed by a pressure point attack. Go figure.

Mindship
Alright can a streetlevel character sucessfully use pressure points on somebody with bulletproof skin? How can somebody who skin is supposedly able to withstand a bullet hurling at 500mph at and not have their skin punctured be drop by somebody use pressure points on skin that tough? This is similar to the question I posed in the Question Thread:

Between the pressure point attacker and the pressure point receiver: what is the greatest difference in power generally recognized such that the attacker could still affect the receiver?

Eg, could Batman use pressure points on Superman? He used them on a "distracted" Solomon Grundy. Could Spider-Man (properly trained) affect Thanos with pressure points? I believe Captain America has used them on the Hulk.

What is considered an acceptable range before it becomes pure PIS?

Daredevil1
Yes pressure points can work. Just like theres fictional bullet proof skin theres fictional pressure pointing.

In the books skill goes just as far as power.

Endless Mike
If we're talking about Kenshiro, he once fought a guy who had a technique that made his skin harder than steel, but Kenshiro deactivated it with a pressure point

rotiart
Pressure points bs bukketproof skin??
Black panther arm pinching silver surfer in fantastic four

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If we're talking about Kenshiro, he once fought a guy who had a technique that made his skin harder than steel, but Kenshiro deactivated it with a pressure point

Yep!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.