Savage Bannerless Hulk vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No BFR.

Inspired by the new Hulk vs Thor animated movie.

janus77
Hulk wins. if Hulk's not pulling his punches, he's too much for Thor.

janus77
that animated movie was pretty cool... could imagine Hulk rampaging through Asgard, nothing and no one able to stop him... until Banner gets back in the driving seat.

they got the "rage or stress" thing spot on, Hulk gets stronger if he's stressed or enraged.

Starscream M
Originally posted by janus77
that animated movie was pretty cool... could imagine Hulk rampaging through Asgard, nothing and no one able to stop him... until Banner gets back in the driving seat.

they got the "rage or stress" thing spot on, Hulk gets stronger if he's stressed or enraged. yeah the movie was pretty good (I liked the wolverine one also)

I never realized how powerful bannerless Hulk was...Thor and all of Asgard were utterly helpless against him

janus77
well, the thing is that Hulk is constantly written down when it comes to the movies or the series, or else it is pretty much ridiculous to have him face off against armies etc...

but as Marvel envisaged him initially (as Lee, Pak et al constantly state) he is the strongest that there is. nobody and nothing (bar abstracts) is as strong as him.

it was refreshing to see Hulk protrayed more in character and "true to his origins" in the animated movies. reminds you why it was Hulk who broke Onslaught, why it was that The Beyonder saw himself in Hulk's infinite power...

Starscream M
good point....it was Hulk, despite the efforts of so many other heroes, including Thor, who broke Onslaught

kgkg

Starscream M
Originally posted by kgkg

Point being movies like to make kids and fan boys happy

Why wouldn't kids be happy to see Thor win?

by that same logic, DCAU should make Grundy or Kalibak or Doomsday beat Superman everytime they fight.

---

also, you seem to be saying movies are aimed at fanboys and comics are not...which is an odd statement

kgkg
Originally posted by Starscream M
Why wouldn't kids be happy to see Thor win?

---

also, you seem to be saying movies are aimed at fanboys and comics are not...which is an odd statement
Kids don't like/know Thor really unless you are a comic book reader you won't know Thor.

It's not that they make Thor weak - They make Hulk to powerful for a linear character.

the same logic would have Superman beating those guys and he does. it's really a popularity and power symbol

Starscream M
I don't think the movies were made for very young kids....they were pretty violent and bloody...esp the Wolverine movie where arms were chopped off

I personally don't think Hulk wins just because he's more popular, but everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Remember the Hulk that was beating Thor wasn't a regular Hulk, it was a Bannerless Hulk, which is prob the toughest version of Hulk there is.

kgkg
Remember the Hulk that was beating Thor wasn't a regular Hulk, it was a Bannerless Hulk, which is prob the toughest version of Hulk there is. No but Normal Hulk has already defeated Thor.

guy222
hulk

D-Block
Thor not holding back would kill the Hulk period.

Starscream M
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor not holding back would kill the Hulk period. I can't see that happening

vansonbee
Even average Hulk beaten Thor before...

Hulk = Win

xJLxKing
The movie is out already?

Mindset
Originally posted by vansonbee
Even average Hulk beaten Thor before...

Hulk = Win When?

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The movie is out already?

Ummmmm....yesss. ninja shifty

Scuzz2.0
hulk beating thor b4 is just bad writing! take in to consideration all the powers thor has on top of streangth rivaling hulk! if it is classic thor then it wouldnt be that easy for thor to win tho he should win 9/10 if it is current thor you have to forget the whole rulk thing whitch was ridiculous and realise that thor could just think him out of existance!

Scuzz2.0
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
hulk beating thor b4 is just bad writing! take in to consideration all the powers thor has on top of streangth rivaling hulk! if it is classic thor then it wouldnt be that easy for thor to win tho he should still win 9/10! if it is current thor you have to forget the whole rulk thing whitch was ridiculous and realise that thor could just think him out of existance!

Scuzz2.0
oops! didnt mean to do that

janus77
Marvel have shown time and time again, that Hulk is a level above guys like Thor. sure Thor's magic mallet is something Hulk can't lift but, that's Odin's magic and Hulk has never really kept at it, ever.

Hulk is far more powerful than Thor, just that he doesn't have the flexibility nor the ability to summon that power without getting seriously out of control (leaking Gamma radiation, causing the planet to shake...).

Scuzz2.0
physical streangth alone doesnt cut it in this fight! you should need more than that to take thor

jalek moye
How does banerless hulk fight? Is it like normal hulk or just wildly attacking

UKR
It would be kind of cool if Marvel heroes were written so that Thor's the most powerful guy in the universe and only the Hulk can beat him. But if this is the Hulk and he isn't inhibited by having a sentient mind in his head and thus can tap into his full power, I don't see Thor coming out on top. But I think he could if Marvel wrote the hammer the way it should be written.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jalek moye
How does banerless hulk fight? Is it like normal hulk or just wildly attacking he fights smart, ruthless, and doesn't hold back

janus77
Originally posted by UKR
It would be kind of cool if Marvel heroes were written so that Thor's the most powerful guy in the universe and only the Hulk can beat him. But if this is the Hulk and he isn't inhibited by having a sentient mind in his head and thus can tap into his full power, I don't see Thor coming out on top. But I think he could if Marvel wrote the hammer the way it should be written.
the hammer isn't all that, it's Asgardian magic alone, isn't it?

Hulk on the otherhand has produced thunderclaps which have enough power to deflect (head on) dimension destroying attacks.

also, he has once already released a universe of energy (something I daresay even Odin would struggle to replicate).

Hulk's high end feats are just ridiculous, but there's a lot of them, far too many to discount as "one off" feats. you essentially have to accept what Marvel say about the character (time and time again) he is the strongest one there is...

kgkg
Marvel have shown time and time again, that Hulk is a level above guys like Thor. sure Thor's magic mallet is something Hulk can't lift but, that's Odin's magic and Hulk has never really kept at it, ever.

Hulk is far more powerful than Thor, just that he doesn't have the flexibility nor the ability to summon that power without getting seriously out of control (leaking Gamma radiation, causing the planet to shake...). In CARTOONS not comics

janus77
in comics too, if you take what Marvel have shown from over the decades.

Hulk is always stronger than Thor, opening doors that Thor cannot, bashing enemies that Thor cannot ... hell, Hulk's greatest feat is in or above Odin's league, nevermind Thor.

just consider the fact that he was physically the nexus between 2 universes and that he was outputting the energies of one universe, to keep a door open between them ... that is like being present at the Big Bang, way way beyond anything I've seen Thor take.

kgkg
in comics too, if you take what Marvel have shown from over the decades.

Hulk is always stronger than Thor, opening doors that Thor cannot, bashing enemies that Thor cannot ... hell, Hulk's greatest feat is in or above Odin's league, nevermind Thor.

just consider the fact that he was physically the nexus between 2 universes and that he was outputting the energies of one universe, to keep a door open between them ... that is like being present at the Big Bang, way way beyond anything I've seen Thor take. In terms of Strenght Hulk is Stonger by a smal margin. Yes Overtime and over the years hulk has been shown to be Stronger

You made it sound like Hulk is more powerful which is far from the case.

Every Win Hulk ever got agaisn't Thor were cheapshot/ Thor holding back.

But when Thor goes all out Hulk can't gang with Thor for to long.

In H2h He whould sure but in all out battle Thor has it sealed

UKR
What I meant about the hammer is that it's dumb how it only hits as hard as Thor's fist. If it hit as hard for him as a normal hammer does for a human Thor's size/shape, he would be able to kill enemies in his own class in one hit. IMO Thor should be as strong as anyone, and only use the hammer on guys who are far above his level, like Thanos...otherwise Mjolnir should only be used for transportation, dimensional travel, weather-control, etc and other non-physical stuff. Remember that war hammers were actual weapons, built, intended and used to kill people. They weren't made of plastic.

janus77
Originally posted by kgkg
In terms of Strenght Hulk is Stonger by a smal margin. Yes Overtime and over the years hulk has been shown to be Stronger

You made it sound like Hulk is more powerful which is far from the case.

Every Win Hulk ever got agaisn't Thor were cheapshot/ Thor holding back.

But when Thor goes all out Hulk can't gang with Thor for to long.

In H2h He whould sure but in all out battle Thor has it sealed
I don't think that Thor can win an all out battle, that's just me I suspect.

I know Thor has versatility and magic on his side but, at the end of the day he can only be as powerful as Odin's magic. and that's got a definite limit to it (Juggernaut cannot be hurt by Thor's strongest attack).

Hulk on the otherhand is the definition of a plot device character. he can grab and smash things that have no physical mass, he can +see+ magic/illusions and see their point of origin, he can resist mind control etc etc ...

all that is powered by some universe worth of "infinite" energy, no appreciable limits.

Marvel did the litmus test on power with the Onslaught Saga, imo, and Hulk is the one they showed to have passed where all else failed.

so all out power, I'd say Hulk outclasses Thor by some margin.
versatility and finesse, Thor wins by a landslide - just bfr Hulk, KO Hulk with a snap attack (though once Hulk recovers no )... etc etc

Rage.Of.Olympus
Movies are not cannon either way.

Does Thor have his hammer?

If so God Blast, Anti-Force, are all valid ways to dispose of the Hulk.

Thor is capable of holding his own against this Hulk in hand to hand as evident in their previous encounter for at least a while (I would post scans but for some reason I am not allowed to. In that fight, the moment it said he would stop holding back his "strength", strength and not power, he was able to sent Hulk flying with a single blow, and kept on pushing him further back).

Utilizing the full abilities of his hammer, he wins this fight.

Power > Strength, in this scenario.

Being strong doesn't mean much if Thor uses his God Blast or teleports Hulk into a Black Hole (Does that count as battle field removal? He technically wins because he did destroy his opponent, that isn't simply sending your opponent away)

Thor is greatly underestimated on this boards.

He has never once, ever, used his wide range of abilities in a fight with Hulk. Even in hand to hand combat, where he excels, the most Hulk has ever done is give him superficial wounds such as a bloody lip etc.

God Blast has sent Galactus fleeing, the Anti Force defeated Mangog etc. etc.

If he can match him in a hand to hand fight to basically a stalemate he wins an all out fight. He stalemates Silver Surfer and fights of Cosmic threats with his full range of abilities.

Don't get me wrong Hulk is no push over and should have the advantage in a hand to hand fight (Not all the time depending on incarnations) but Thor wins in an all out fight.

I'm assuming this is Classic Thor, but just to be sure, which Thor is this, Classic Thor or Current Thor? I'm assuming it's one of those and not Odin Force Thor or Rune King Thor.

Which Thor is it?

janus77
sending Hulk into a blackhole would constitute a win via BFR but it most certainly would come close to destroying Hulk. I'm not sure it would have any effect at all, in fact.

I'd bet the GodBlast wouldn't be able to dispose of Hulk either, he's taken far more powerful 'attacks' without much trouble.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think that Thor can win an all out battle, that's just me I suspect.

I know Thor has versatility and magic on his side but, at the end of the day he can only be as powerful as Odin's magic. and that's got a definite limit to it (Juggernaut cannot be hurt by Thor's strongest attack).

Hulk on the otherhand is the definition of a plot device character. he can grab and smash things that have no physical mass, he can +see+ magic/illusions and see their point of origin, he can resist mind control etc etc ...

all that is powered by some universe worth of "infinite" energy, no appreciable limits.

Marvel did the litmus test on power with the Onslaught Saga, imo, and Hulk is the one they showed to have passed where all else failed.

so all out power, I'd say Hulk outclasses Thor by some margin.
versatility and finesse, Thor wins by a landslide - just bfr Hulk, KO Hulk with a snap attack (though once Hulk recovers no )... etc etc

Wow....

Onslaught saga? It's up there with the Spider-man clone saga.

Onslaught evolved to the next level, most assume he allowed it as he didn't put up that much of a resistance.

The Juggernaut is immune to physical attacks to a great extent. Not even WWH was able to harm the Juggernaut or over power him.

Thor has harmed the Juggernaut with mystical attacks before as he is vulnerable to them (Although that instance the writer obviously had no knowledge of Juggernaut's power set. I am of course referring to their second fight, the one involving his Force Field).

You stated that the Juggernaut cannot be hurt by Thor's strongest attacks?

Besides that stupid incident with the Professor (PIS by the way) and War Hulk (Upgraded with Celestial Tech) when has the Hulk ever done damage to Cain?

A hand to hand fight is one thing, but Thor using all his abilities, stalemates the Silver Surfer, fights Thanos etc.

Hulk will and should lose based on logic in an all out fight. Hand to hand it's his thing and he should win (Still debatable seeing as how Thor has always been able to stalemate him to an extent) in my opinion but in all out fight, the powerful God Blast is good enough for a knock out in my opinion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sending Hulk into a blackhole would constitute a win via BFR but it most certainly would come close to destroying Hulk. I'm not sure it would have any effect at all, in fact.

I'd bet the GodBlast wouldn't be able to dispose of Hulk either, he's taken far more powerful 'attacks' without much trouble.

A black hole won't destroy him?

A God Blast won't knock him out at least?

I believe he is a bit overrated here.

I could go into a debate, and make a logical statement which would show how and why Hulk can be destroyed by a Black Hole, but instead I'll say this.

He teleports him to Galactus' ship and that would be the end of that. Of course that count's as battle field removal most likely, and that's against the rules.

The God Blast has sent Galactus fleeing, and in a weakened state, did something impossible, actually stopped the Juggernaut (In a weakened state where he could barely stand, was barely able to stay conscious after catching a flying bus etc.), something Hulk needed an upgrade to accomplish. From Celestial Tech I might add. The same Celestial Tech that created Harbringer etc.

janus77
Onslaught Saga is the only 'test' available.

other than that, there's direct evidence, many times, of Hulk being far superior to all the rest (say the mountain feat in Secret Wars), when they've all had an opportunity to share the burden but only Hulk has been able to.

God Blast would KO him, perhaps, but that's the first time, next time it'd be next to useless (Hulk just amps up).

also, Hulk is always holding back, as long as Banner is in there. Thor has never felt an Onslaught busting punch from Hulk and who knows how powerful his punches at the nexus of all realities were? they were rocking an infinite number of worlds across infinite dimensions...

to me, total power output places Hulk a league above Thor, but effective power - finesse and control - along with versatility give Thor the landslide in all out battle (BFR, naturally being the main avenue for victory).

I'm Bran
So, everyone's in agreement for Thor?

What an uneventful topic...

janus77
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A black hole won't destroy him?

A God Blast won't knock him out at least?

I believe he is a bit overrated here.

I could go into a debate, and make a logical statement which would show how and why Hulk can be destroyed by a Black Hole, but instead I'll say this.

He teleports him to Galactus' ship and that would be the end of that. Of course that count's as battle field removal most likely, and that's against the rules.

The God Blast has sent Galactus fleeing, and in a weakened state, did something impossible, actually stopped the Juggernaut (In a weakened state where he could barely stand, was barely able to stay conscious after catching a flying bus etc.), something Hulk needed an upgrade to accomplish. From Celestial Tech I might add. The same Celestial Tech that created Harbringer etc.
logic vs comic precedence no

Hulk has been through a wormhole unscathed, in fact it was a wormhole so powerful that The Silver Surfer couldn't endure it (passing out as a result).

Hulk's also been the nexus between two universes, outputting a universe of energy to keep a doorway open between one universe and the other.

he has quite a few feats that make it pretty much a certainty that a blackhole wouldn't have any effect on him.

Starscream M
Rage.of.Olympus:

I don't believe the godblast is a viable attack against Savage Hulk. Savage Hulk is too fast and unpredictable to be hit by an such an attack. Godblast is viable only against slow moving opponents imo.

But I agree if Thor manages to hit Hulk with the godblast, he'll win.

---

also, as to your inquiry about which version of Thor is used, it's Thor without Odinforce.

I'm Bran
Savage Hulk is too fast and unpredictable to be hit by an such an attack. Godblast is viable only against slow moving opponents imo.

http://www.democratherald.com/dhblogs/mike_henneke/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bush_straight_face.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
logic vs comic precedence no

Hulk has been through a wormhole unscathed, in fact it was a wormhole so powerful that The Silver Surfer couldn't endure it (passing out as a result).

Hulk's also been the nexus between two universes, outputting a universe of energy to keep a doorway open between one universe and the other.

he has quite a few feats that make it pretty much a certainty that a blackhole wouldn't have any effect on him.

Logic? Even comics are based on logic in some fundamental way.

I'm not trying to justify his power set etc., which would work against all logic but I would simply explain the type of primal force produced by a Black Hole.

In your opinion then, what can kill the Hulk pray tell, is a Supernova in the face sufficient enough?

I honestly, find it hard to believe, he can survive a black hole, when the strongest incarnation of the Hulk, was taken out by Reed's satellites (Willingly but still knocked out either way).

The worm hole was the only way to depower Silver Surfer enough to the point, where he wouldn't erase Hulk from existence. Simple but sufficient reasoning for most, nice work for Pak.

This is evident because of the fact, that Hulk's ship was able to survive the trip and the Silver Surfer was depowered to the point he couldn't even use the Power Cosmic for a while.

Don't read anything into that worm hole. Besides worm holes and black holes are completely different.

He has survived in Black Holes because of the power cosmic, but was affected by the worm hole to the point he was at his weakest ever. He stated that he could effortlessly avoid the worm hole and it's pull but "something was calling him to it" roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Hulk has been the nexus between two realities?

A universe of energy? An entire universe? Clearly he must have been upgraded to a cosmic level entity when I wasn't looking or you're not giving any true context, or over exaggerating.

Seriously outputting an entire Universe of energy? Do you even comprehend what you just said?

Right.....an entire Universe.

What issue was this pray tell? I would enjoy to read this issue.

Either way, still doesn't change the fact, that once he is past the event horizon, and it's centre, the power there would rip him to shreds.

He has been knocked out, and seriously harmed, by much much less force than that of a black hole.

The way you phrase it, it's as if he would over power the Black Hole, and worm his way through it.

quanchi112
Thor wins a close one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Onslaught Saga is the only 'test' available.

other than that, there's direct evidence, many times, of Hulk being far superior to all the rest (say the mountain feat in Secret Wars), when they've all had an opportunity to share the burden but only Hulk has been able to.

God Blast would KO him, perhaps, but that's the first time, next time it'd be next to useless (Hulk just amps up).

also, Hulk is always holding back, as long as Banner is in there. Thor has never felt an Onslaught busting punch from Hulk and who knows how powerful his punches at the nexus of all realities were? they were rocking an infinite number of worlds across infinite dimensions...

to me, total power output places Hulk a league above Thor, but effective power - finesse and control - along with versatility give Thor the landslide in all out battle (BFR, naturally being the main avenue for victory).

What does the mountain in Secret Wars have anything to do with this?

It isn't like Thor was there, tried to support that small cavern with leverage like the Hulk did, failed, and then the Hulk succeeded. Doesn't prove anything.

Thor has arm wrestled with Hercules and produced shock waves that would knock a planet out of it's orbit (Back when Hercules was a real power house in leagues of Thor etc.). The simple shock wave of the force. Anyways, lets not start comparing feats. It won't get us anywhere.

If a God Blast knocked him out, which I know it would, if not kill him (Thor isn't holding back here correct?), which is a possibility. Anything that can make Galactus hurt that bad and flee, makes it a possibility.

Regardless, if he was knocked out, he would revert back to Banner would he not? Meaning that he would have to start amping from his base level.

The God Blast wouldn't be useless the second time around.

I so wish I could post scans, but I am to new unfortunately.

Thor was taking blows from a bannerless Hulk and he did not even have a bruise. Once he stopped holding back his strength, he sent Hulk flying.

A bannerless Hulk was the one that broke through Onslaught. Hell all Jean did was block of Banner's mind from the Hulk. During the fight with Thor, the two were completely separated.

Rocking an infinite number of worlds and dimensions? The way you make it sound, it seems that the entire Multiverse, shook to it's foundations with every blow (This was in what issue, 300 something. Before 320 I'm sure but I can't find the issue. It might have been lost when I moved. Damn)

Total power out put a league above Thor?

Christ, and they call Superman overrated.

Starscream M
Rage.of.Olympus:

I don't believe the godblast is a viable attack against Savage Hulk. Savage Hulk is too fast and unpredictable to be hit by an such an attack. Godblast is viable only against slow moving opponents imo.

---

also, as to your inquiry about which version of Thor is used, it's Thor without Odinforce.

quanchi112
^^Thor doesn't need a godblast to put Hulk down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage.of.Olympus:

---

In a barely conscious state, he was able to blast a charging Juggernaut with his God Blast.

It only takes a few seconds.

Besides, Savage Hulk is a moron who charges right at his opponents.

Bannerless Hulk, is even worse, his completely mindless. He charged right at Thor when they meet. He kept on coming.

Thor hitting him with a God Blast shouldn't be a problem. He doesn't have to predict where his going, the Hulk will come right at Thor himself.

He also doesn't have "any" mind to process the danger and jump out of the way. Most likely scenario, when Thor produces the God Blast, the bannerless Hulk runs at the blast and tries to punch it back.

He is a mindless savage who only wants to fight.

He also needs only seconds to produce the God blast. It doesn't need a stand etc. like he used against Galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
^^Thor doesn't need a godblast to put Hulk down.

That's also true.

Starscream M
When has the godblast ever been used against a foe demonstrating even remote speed?

Juggernaut deliberately walked into the godblast to demonstrate its ineffectiveness against him.

Galactus is a huge target that barely moves.

When has Thor ever utilised the godblast against a mobile foe?

---

also, I really don't see what Thor could do outside of godblast to KO the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has knocked out Hulk before with simple physical strength. He has a vast variety of powers that he could use (Absorbing all the Gamma Radiation Hulk has to the point where he can't produce enough to keep up with the absorption and revert to Banner. If he can absorb and redirect the energy of the null bomb that can destroy a Galaxy he has a decent shot as any of winning this way as well. If he can absorb that much energy, he could if he wanted, absorb tall the initial energy the Hulk has at once. Hulk could produce more, but with all of the Gamma gone at the same time should he not revert to banner? Just tossing ideas etc., it's interesting that way. I could make a list of possibilities).

I can make a list but it would be large.

You're forgetting the most important point. Thor's God Blast might take a second or two to charge, and it is a straight beam of energy, but the Hulk will walk right into it.

Read the appearances, look at his attitude. He is a complete moron who doesn't know when to give up. Banner less Hulk, will charge right into it just like the Juggernaut.

It's simply not in his nature to do otherwise.

Starscream M
um, I doubt Thor could revert Bannerless Hulk into Banner.

And you can't find me an example of Thor ever using godblast against a mobile foe. Hulk is not Juggernaut, Hulk is far more skilled and unpredictable whereas Juggernaut just runs straight at you. Also, it's not even in character for Thor to use godblast against Hulk.

Eternal Idol

And you can't find me an example of Thor ever using godblast against a mobile foe. Hulk is not Juggernaut, Hulk is far more skilled and unpredictable whereas Juggernaut just runs straight at you. Also, it's not even in character for Thor to use godblast against Hulk.

Hulk is not more skilled than Juggernaut. no expression

Thor going all out would smite Bannerless Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Dude, Hulk is much less skilled than Juggernaut who was in the army etc.

Don't you understand what I am saying?

Banner less Hulk is mindless. He was attacking, this Godly being who consumes energy in the nexus of realities, and that being didn't even notice him. He simply flicked Hulk of if him, yet Banner less Hulk kept on charging directly at him.

Don't you get the point, his mindless, he doesn't think. He will simply charge at him like he has done with everything single opponent he fought when he was Banner less.

There's nothing unpredictable about him, he will grab whatever closest to him and run at Thor with it.

Savage Hulk could at least think, process things, realize when he was in danger etc. Banner less Hulk is completely mind less.

This isn't me making up crap, Banner less Hulk has charged after every single one of his opponents no matter who they were.

Thor stopped holding back his strength against Banner less Hulk and was knocking him of his feat and sending him flying with every blow because he realized he was a true monster and there would be no point holding back.

The God Blast is a valid option. There is no Banner, no mortal life at stake.

Oh yea, my bad about him reverting to Banner bit. There is no Banner. Can't believe I got that confused. Must have been really tired yesterday

Anti-Monitor
Bannerless Hulk is just the best ground and pound character there is.

Starscream M

There's nothing unpredictable about him, he will grab whatever closest to him and run at Thor with it.

lol you vastly underestimate hulk (please watch the new animated movie Hulk vs Thor if you get the chance)

mindless hulk doesn't mean he has no mind....if that were the case, he would just sit on his ass and drool all day

mindless hulk simply means bruce is no longer part of the hulk...its savage hulk's own mind

he is no dummy...in fact he is like Doomsday (from DC). he only seeks to destroy and kill, but is very intelligent.

Anti-Monitor
Yes, he acts on instinct but he doesnt think. Hes not very smart at all.

Savage Hulk still has Banner in him but mindless deosnt.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Have you ever seen the Bannerless Hulk in action?

I mean have you read the issue when he fought Thor or when he was separated?

He did nothing but roar and drool. I mean literally. It was stated that he could not comprehend words, they were nothing to him and had no meaning. All he knew was rage and anger. All he wanted to do was hit things.

He attacked everything in his vicinity that moved. Even still objects.

Honestly, if you read the content, we wouldn't have this conversation.

All he does is run at you and attack you. Literally. The only issue he isn't fighting is when he transported to a planet where he is powerless.

I didn't see any sign in any of his appearances, that he has more brain power, than a crazed pit bull.

There's nothing to underestimate. He only acts on some basic primal instinct.

I have watched the Hulk vs. movie. Not very accurate in terms of power. They made Thor scream like a girl and take a savage beating. Well I guess, that's why it isn't cannon.

frommd
Rage.of.Olympus:

I don't believe the godblast is a viable attack against Savage Hulk. Savage Hulk is too fast and unpredictable to be hit by an such an attack.Is this Hulk we are talking about or Spiderman?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Amusing, lol.

Starscream M

I have watched the Hulk vs. movie. Not very accurate in terms of power. They made Thor scream like a girl and take a savage beating. Well I guess, that's why it isn't cannon. I would say it's very accurate depiction of how a battle between Thor and mindless Hulk would play out....ie Hulk would dominate.

Hulk has an insane HF, and can take pretty much anything Thor could dish. Thor, however, cannot take too much of a pounding by Hulk.

And no more of this godblast talk...Thor rarely if ever uses it. It isn't a viable tactic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would say it's very accurate depiction of how a battle between Thor and mindless Hulk would play out....ie Hulk would dominate.

Hulk has an insane HF, and can take pretty much anything Thor could dish. Thor, however, cannot take too much of a pounding by Hulk.

And no more of this godblast talk...Thor rarely if ever uses it. It isn't a viable tactic.

Hulk would dominate?

Sorry comic, evidence, cannon evidence proves otherwise. I wish I could post scans but I'm to new here.

Either way, while Thor was holding back, Thor was stalemating an enraged Banner less Hulk, and taking all of his blows without so much as a bruise. When he stopped holding back, he sent, Hulk flying of his feet with a single blow.

Hulk can take anything Thor can dish out?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yea, that's why he had to resort to taking a woman hostage because the Hulk knew with his hammer Thor, would kick his ass. He basically stated it himself (This was savage Hulk though). Thor with Mjolnir has tossed Hulk around more than once before, without even using his dynamic power set.

The most Hulk has ever done was give Thor superficial wounds such as a bloody lip and a black eye. Nothing worse.

He has fought Hulk in a hand to hand fight with his fists, before, and stalemated him constantly.

Thor can't take much of what Hulk can dish out?

Pff.....his proven he can time and time again.

Thor has knocked out Hulk in continuity, with only his hammer and fists, and has even killed Hulk in continuity.

Seriously underestimating Thor here.

Hulk isn't all powerful. He has been defeated by Thor before.

Hand to hand is Hulk's thing but Thor can still stalemate him for a long time.

With his hammer Thor will and has defeated the Hulk before.

God Blast, Anti-Force etc. too much.

Starscream M
again, you keep using false examples.

This is mindless hulk, not savage hulk. Mindless hulk is the most powerful hulk because he has no limits on his rage...usually bruce is subconsciously limiting what Hulk is capable of. But without bruce, mindless Hulk reaches true potential, he is far stronger than savage hulk because his rage fuels him.

I don't disagree that Thor could beat Savage Hulk or even WWHulk...but mindless Hulk is a different story, as shown by the recent movie, which may not be cannon, but imo is very accurate of how Marvel intends their fights to be like.

Rage.Of.Olympus
again, you keep using false examples.

This is mindless hulk, not savage hulk. Mindless hulk is the most powerful hulk because he has no limits on his rage...usually bruce is subconsciously limiting what Hulk is capable of. But without bruce, mindless Hulk reaches true potential, he is far stronger than savage hulk because his rage fuels him.

I don't disagree that Thor could beat Savage Hulk or even WWHulk...but mindless Hulk is a different story, as shown by the recent movie, which may not be cannon, but imo is very accurate of how Marvel intends their fights to be like.

You're the one who said Thor can't take what Hulk can dish for any long period of time, and Hulk can, but I proved other wise.

I know what the difference between Savage and Banner less is.

Say what you will about the movie, but it still doesn't change the on panel evidence.

Thor was stalemating and taking all of the Banner less Hulk's blows without so much as a bruise. He stopped holding back and knocked him of his feet and made him fly backwards for a decent distance with a single blow.

That also means he was stalemating him while holding back, but on the other hand Banner less Hulk has no idea how to hold back and what that means.

It's a movie. In movies, I expect those type of things. Wolverine and Hulk are Marvel's poster boys (Spider-man as well). They can fool around in non-cannon instances all they want, but it still doesn't change the on panel fight.

Thor has shown that he can hold his own Banner less Hulk without using his dynamic power set.

With it, he shoves his hammer down Hulk's throat, and unleashes the Anti Force ala Mangog (Lol I doubt he would be so brutal, just enjoying the scenario, is all.).

By the way, it was stated that Green Scar, is the strongest incarnation of the Hulk yet.

Starscream M

Thor was stalemating and taking all of the Banner less Hulk's blows without so much as a bruise. He stopped holding back and knocked him of his feet and made him fly backwards for a decent distance with a single blow.

sorry but if that was the case, then it is PIS or a complete low ball showing that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Thor should not be able to withstand Mindless Hulk's blows.

Remember what mindless Hulk was able to do to Onslaught with less than 5 blows? yeah thought so.

That same Onslaught brushed away Thor and Avengers and X-Men and FF4 and countless others like gnats.

Yet Mindless Hulk turned him to recycled metal in a matter of seconds.

That is what mindless Hulk truly is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sorry but if that was the case, then it is PIS or a complete low ball showing that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Thor should not be able to withstand Mindless Hulk's blows.

Remember what mindless Hulk was able to do to Onslaught with less than 5 blows? yeah thought so.

That same Onslaught brushed away Thor and Avengers and X-Men and FF4 and countless others like gnats.

Yet Mindless Hulk turned him to recycled metal in a matter of seconds.

That is what mindless Hulk truly is.

confused

That fight with Thor was before the Onslaught Saga, so how can it be PIS because of what happened in Onslaught?

Thor has can take Banner less Hulk's blows, has taken his blows, and will take his blows again.

Don't you think that there is a possibility that Onslaught let Hulk do that to him?

I mean reading the content he didn't exactly put up a fight based on what he did to the rest of the Marvel Earth, and right after the armor was cracked he evolved to an even greater level.

Hence why most assume, it was Onslaught's original intention. He seemed to forget everything else he could do when Hulk came into the picture.

That scenario makes the most logical sense.

Starscream M
confused

That fight with Thor was before the Onslaught Saga, so how can it be PIS because of what happened in Onslaught?

Thor has can take Banner less Hulk's blows, has taken his blows, and will take his blows again.

Don't you think that there is a possibility that Onslaught let Hulk do that to him?

I mean reading the content he didn't exactly put up a fight based on what he did to the rest of the Marvel Earth, and right after the armor was cracked he evolved to an even greater level.

Hence why most assume, it was Onslaught's original intention. He seemed to forget everything else he could do when Hulk came into the picture.

That scenario makes the most logical sense.

Of course Onslaught wanted to change forms...it was clear that he wanted Hulk to break his armor. But it was also clear only Hulk was capable of doing so. Sure the others were able to chip his armor, but they (including Thor) lacked the power to completely break it apart.

Only when Banner was removed and Hulk became mindless, was Onslaught able to break free of his physical form.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Notice though, that he was actually fighting back against the rest, but he basically allowed Hulk to do what he did, seeing as what he could have done to present him with as much of a challenge as the rest.

I don't recall seeing Thor, unleash his strongest blows, on Onslaught's chest repeatedly or him using a God Blast etc.

How do you know Thor lacked the power because from what I remember (I'll go re-read it, because it's been a while and I might be missing a few points etc.) but Thor never gave it his best shot.

Starscream M

I don't recall seeing Thor, unleash his strongest blows, on Onslaught's chest repeatedly or him using a God Blast etc.

so that means either Thor isn't very smart or it isn't like his character to use godblast...which only further supports my point that Thor is unlikely to use the godblast.

I mean he only used it like 3 times in his ENTIRE career, and only against beings with skyfather level durability.

So this is why he wouldn't use it against Hulk.

Starscream M
Notice though, that he was actually fighting back against the rest

he was not really fighting back...more like toying with them...for his entertainment. He wanted them to unleash Mindless Hulk because he knew only a pissed off Mindless Hulk could free him from his armor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, how the hell do you know that he only wanted a pissed of Banner Less Hulk?

With his psychic power I assume he could have done exactly what Jean did, and then placed himself in front of the Banner less Hulk.

My point is, that Hulk simply had the best shot at Onslaught, Onslaught took the opportunity and let Hulk do his thing.

Thor got have probably accomplished the same thing if given the opportunity, and he was in a crazed fury (Warrior Madness would be more than sufficient for example, but that's not really reasonable in their situation).

Starscream M
I guess at this point we'll just have to agree to disagree, because we're arguing in circles.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, then. Let's agree to disagree but I don't see the why?

On panel evidence (Before Onslaught) shows that Thor can take what Banner less Hulk dishes out.

It was fun, let's do it again some time. I agree, to disagree.

Starscream M

On panel evidence (Before Onslaught) shows that Thor can take what Banner less Hulk dishes out.

ok, that may be true. but do you really think Thor could take the beating that Mindless Hulk dished out against Onslaught?

---

did you used to post here as someone else?

Rage.Of.Olympus
ok, that may be true. but do you really think Thor could take the beating that Mindless Hulk dished out against Onslaught?

---

did you used to post here as someone else?

Didn't Thor already prove he can?

I mean, he fought a "true" Banner less Hulk.

What Jean did, was simply suppressing the Banner side of the two beings.

So, truthfully, the one Thor fought would be the true Banner less Hulk, which in turn could mean he is more powerful than the one who fought Onslaught.

Onslaught basically wanted for Hulk to succeed.

Either way, the fight we are discussing already happened for a few pages.

------

Well, for all intents and purposes, I'm new on these boards.

------

I can post scans now, meaning I can post there original fight (1).

(1)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor7.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor8.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor9.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor10.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BLessHulkvsThor11.jpg

As you can see, Thor is capable of taking his blows. The moment he said to the Death, and it stated he wasn't holding back, it was a home run for Thor.

Starscream M
Didn't Thor already prove he can?

I mean, he fought a "true" Banner less Hulk.
that mindless hulk was nothing like the one that fought Onslaught.

I think I'll take the more recent depiction of mindless hulk over one that outdated.

savage hulk
cartoons or comics, hulk will ever crush thor. In heroes reborn hulk crush thor, in ultimate avengers cartoon hulk crush again thor in hulk vs thor 2009 he crush thor to the death. How can you say that thor should win? I never saw thor beat hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
that mindless hulk was nothing like the one that fought Onslaught.

I think I'll take the more recent depiction of mindless hulk over one that outdated.

You simply don't accept the first one because Thor can match him?

Wow...

Not that Thor can't match the other one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by savage hulk
cartoons or comics, hulk will ever crush thor. In heroes reborn hulk crush thor, in ultimate avengers cartoon hulk crush again thor in hulk vs thor 2009 he crush thor to the death. How can you say that thor should win? I never saw thor beat hulk.

Ultimate Avengers Reborn movie is not cannon (Different Thor and Hulk either way).

Cartoons, not cannon.

Thor vs. Hulk the DVD, is not cannon either.

What is cannon is comics, and Hulk has never crushed Thor in comics. Ever.

savage hulk
Ultimate Avengers Reborn movie is not cannon (Different Thor and Hulk either way).

Cartoons, not cannon.

Thor vs. Hulk the DVD, is not cannon either.

What is cannon is comics, and Hulk has never crushed Thor in comics. Ever.

oh yes in incredible hulk annual 2001 hulk beat thor to the death

Rage.Of.Olympus
oh yes in incredible hulk annual 2001 hulk beat thor to the death

What are you talking about?

That never happened.

On the contrary, Thor in that issue knocked out Hulk with his hammer and fists alone, while the worst Hulk did, was give him a bloody nose.

Can you please tell me the page number, because I have that issue opened right now, and it never happened.

DarkOdin

Wow you seemed to leave out in hero reborns that Thor gained the upper hand on Hulk. It was a close battle but Thor clearly gain a slight edge at the point but stop fighting b/c he saw Captain american under some rubble and stopped fighting Hulk to dig out Cap. Then Hulk from behind hit Thor and took the win but hey i guess you can consider that crushing Thor stick out tongue

And the rest are non cannon.

Zack Fair
All Hulk did in the Ultimates movie was hit Thor with his own hammer.

It wasn't his strength alone that KOed him.

Spire
So apparently people are forgetting that hulk has no flight, no range attacks aside from a lol thunder clap, and that he is basically stupid here...

savage hulk
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Wow you seemed to leave out in hero reborns that Thor gained the upper hand on Hulk. It was a close battle but Thor clearly gain a slight edge at the point but stop fighting b/c he saw Captain american under some rubble and stopped fighting Hulk to dig out Cap. Then Hulk from behind hit Thor and took the win but hey i guess you can consider that crushing Thor stick out tongue

And the rest are non cannon.
I have this issue hulk didn't hit behind thor he just said he 's not dead and then they fight during 7 pages and yes he crushed thor cause the madder he gets the stronger he gets in this issue

savage hulk
"If I could say the more the Hulk fights and the madder he gets, the stronger he gets, then no one can beat him, because even when they're defeating him he's getting stronger and stronger and madder and madder," explains Stan Lee.
Even Stan Lee says that hulk is the strongest one there is

DarkOdin
I have this issue hulk didn't hit behind thor he just said he 's not dead and then they fight during 7 pages and yes he crushed thor cause the madder he gets the stronger he gets in this issue

So the part where Thor said something to the fact i am coming captain and started Throeing the rocks off him didn't distract him???

Zack Fair
Just watched the movie and I liked it. The one thing that bothered me...and it almost always does...why don't they unleash MJOLNIR's power? All Thor does with the fricking thing is smash stuff, throw lightning--which we know he can do without the hammer--and teleport. So annoying to showcase an unleashed beast like Hulk but handicap the other?

Meh.

It was entertaining though, and Loki controlling Hulk was cooler than bannerless IMO.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The one thing that bothered me...and it almost always does...why don't they unleash MJOLNIR's power?

because they're trying to keep Thor in character...and that's how he fights.

Zack Fair
Well I know that. It just annoys me.

The Great Galen
Hulk would dominate?

Sorry comic, evidence, cannon evidence proves otherwise. I wish I could post scans but I'm to new here.

Either way, while Thor was holding back, Thor was stalemating an enraged Banner less Hulk, and taking all of his blows without so much as a bruise. When he stopped holding back, he sent, Hulk flying of his feet with a single blow.

Hulk can take anything Thor can dish out?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yea, that's why he had to resort to taking a woman hostage because the Hulk knew with his hammer Thor, would kick his ass. He basically stated it himself (This was savage Hulk though). Thor with Mjolnir has tossed Hulk around more than once before, without even using his dynamic power set.

The most Hulk has ever done was give Thor superficial wounds such as a bloody lip and a black eye. Nothing worse.

He has fought Hulk in a hand to hand fight with his fists, before, and stalemated him constantly.

Thor can't take much of what Hulk can dish out?

Pff.....his proven he can time and time again.

Thor has knocked out Hulk in continuity, with only his hammer and fists, and has even killed Hulk in continuity.

Seriously underestimating Thor here.

Hulk isn't all powerful. He has been defeated by Thor before.

Hand to hand is Hulk's thing but Thor can still stalemate him for a long time.

With his hammer Thor will and has defeated the Hulk before.

God Blast, Anti-Force etc. too much.

Wrong, Thor has been KO'ed pretty bad by Hulk in the past.

psycho gundam
Just watched the movie and I liked it. The one thing that bothered me...and it almost always does...why don't they unleash MJOLNIR's power? All Thor does with the fricking thing is smash stuff, throw lightning--which we know he can do without the hammer--and teleport. So annoying to showcase an unleashed beast like Hulk but handicap the other?

Meh.

It was entertaining though, and Loki controlling Hulk was cooler than bannerless IMO. thor holds back on mortals, it's part of his "humility quest".

Zack Fair
Noted.

I want someone to have Thor being ruthless for a while. See how the tables are turned.

Though last time he ended up pawning everyone and ruling Earth...hmph.

Starscream M

Though last time he ended up pawning everyone and ruling Earth...hmph. that was only because he had a severe power upgrade

Zack Fair
Still doesn't take away the fact he did pawn everyone, and I know he was juiced. He was King THor during that run was he not?

Would be nice to see him letting loose without upgrades. Well I guess he did so when in Warrior Madness, but then he had to get his hands on the damned PG.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Wrong, Thor has been KO'ed pretty bad by Hulk in the past. lol

darthgoober
When was this?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Wrong? How am I wrong, Thor has shown everything I stated on panel.

When has Hulk knocked out Thor pretty badly? When did this happen?

Rage.Of.Olympus
that was only because he had a severe power upgrade

He beat the crap out of the Thing and Hulk at the same time, with only one arm without the Odin Force, without his hammer.

When he defeated the two in hand to hand, in Reigning he didn't have the Odin Force itself.

Simply pointing it out

Starscream M

When has Hulk knocked out Thor pretty badly? When did this happen? in their latest encounters

Rage.Of.Olympus
in their latest encounters

Cripes that Hulk vs. DVD isn't cannon.

Zack Fair
That DVD made Thor a wuss. uhuh

Starscream M
That DVD made Thor a wuss. uhuh or maybe it was an accurate depiction

why do people on KMC expect Thor to be more than he is...accept him for who he is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
or maybe it was an accurate depiction

why do people on KMC expect Thor to be more than he is...accept him for who he is.

What is your problem?

Thor has never screamed, like a little girl when Hulk hit him.

You simply have some illogical problem of Thor beating Hulk.

Well get over it, he has done in the past, and if need be can do it again.

I don't even know why this is a debate.

DVD non-cannon.

Banner less Hulk vs. Thor in the comic was cannon.

How is this even a debate.

No one has trouble accepting Thor who he really is accept you, I'm afraid. You keep denying the on panel truth.

For god sakes, I even posted scans of their fight.

What more do you want to prove that Thor can survive what Banner less Hulk can dish out.

The only time they meet, Thor took his blows, and held his ground.

Zack Fair

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is why I dislike anything with Hulk or Wolverine in it when it isn't non cannon.

Writers just can't wait to piss on every other character, just for the sake of making Logan and Banner, Marvel's poster boys seem powerful.

Zack Fair
Lets see what happens once Thor's movie comes out.

Starscream M
What is your problem?

Thor has never screamed, like a little girl when Hulk hit him.

You simply have some illogical problem of Thor beating Hulk.

Well get over it, he has done in the past, and if need be can do it again.

I don't even know why this is a debate.

DVD non-cannon.

Banner less Hulk vs. Thor in the comic was cannon.

How is this even a debate.

No one has trouble accepting Thor who he really is accept you, I'm afraid. You keep denying the on panel truth.

For god sakes, I even posted scans of their fight.

What more do you want to prove that Thor can survive what Banner less Hulk can dish out.

The only time they meet, Thor took his blows, and held his ground. lol looks like Im getting on your nerves...

those scans were from like 20 years ago...and they were a poor depiction of mindless Hulk, nevermind that Hulk is much more powerful in current depictions. Whereas Thor actually has gotten downgraded over the years. So I dont hold much value in that particular issue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can't wait when it does.

Hopefully Thor will get a lot more popular then.

Captain Marvel also needs a movie. Majority of the non comic reading world, assume he is a poor man's Superman, or they don't even know him all together.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol looks like Im getting on your nerves...

those scans were from like 20 years ago...and they were a poor depiction of mindless Hulk, nevermind that Hulk is much more powerful in current depictions. Whereas Thor actually has gotten downgraded over the years. So I dont hold much value in that particular issue.

A poor depiction of the mindless Hulk, how can it be a poor depiction when it's like basically the first time he appeared?

How does that even make any sense?

Thor has gotten down graded, because he needs to be to have a monthly issue (Although with all the delays it seems like an annual issue).

Hence why he doesn't wield the same power as he did before Ragnarok etc.

Why does Hulk getting stronger, have anything to do with this?

Thor has gotten weaker but the Hulk has gotten stronger. That's great, to bad it still applies as they are in different leagues just as they were back in the day as Classic Thor and Savage Hulk.

Classic Thor > Savage Hulk.

Current Thor > Savage Hulk or WWH.

The only reason you don't hold much value over that issue is because you don't like it. There's no other reason, really.

Thor is still able to match Hulk in hand to hand and still more powerful than Hulk overall (Even more so as his physical stats have been upgraded (Took a blast from the Destroyer and he was still standing), and so has his overall power (Thor Force). So yea).

Starscream M
A poor depiction of the mindless Hulk, how can it be a poor depiction when it's like basically the first time he appeared?

Did you really just ask that? wow

so first appearances are valid depictions of how characters are even decades later?

news to me

guess we should use first depictions of Superman too...when he couldn't even fly!

Rage.Of.Olympus
The problem with that, is he has only appeared once more after Banner and Hulk were merged if I recall and he never thought Thor then.

So how can you call that fight as a poor description?

You seem to have a problem with Thor being able to match Hulk in a hand to hand fight.

His done it every time they've meet, accept it already.

Starscream M
accept it already. no

Rage.Of.Olympus
So, even though he has knocked him out, beaten the crap out of him with his Hammer until Hulk had to resort to a hostage, and even killed him in continuity, you refuse to accept that Thor can match the Hulk in hand to hand?

On the other hand, the worst Hulk has given Thor, is superficial wounds such as a bruised eye and lip.

Right.....

Starscream M
So, even though he has knocked him out, beaten the crap out of him with his Hammer until Hulk had to resort to a hostage, and even killed him in continuity, you refuse to accept that Thor can match the Hulk in hand to hand?

On the other hand, the worst Hulk has given Thor, is superficial wounds such as a bruised eye and lip.

Right..... and even though current Savage Hulk is far more powerful than the one that lost to Thor 20 years ago, you insist on using that version of Hulk as being definitive...

even though Thor has been downgraded since that battle, you insist he's more powerful...

even though Hulk has beaten Thor recently in comics (red hulk) and other media (movie), you write those off...

and I'm the biased one roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm Bran
and even though current Savage Hulk is far more powerful than the one that lost to Thor 20 years ago, you insist on using that version of Hulk as being definitive...

even though Thor has been downgraded since that battle, you insist he's more powerful...

even though Hulk has beaten Thor recently in comics (red hulk) and other media (movie), you write those off...

and I'm the biased one roll eyes (sarcastic) No he isn't. Savage is the same Savage that he has always been.

And Savage Hulk also lost to Thor less than 9 years ago as well...

Thor was cut off from the Odin Force in the fight with Hulk and Thing...

Red Hulk is far more powerful than Savage. The movie is about as canon as a drawing I can do on MS paint.

You aren't?

Rage.Of.Olympus
and even though current Savage Hulk is far more powerful than the one that lost to Thor 20 years ago, you insist on using that version of Hulk as being definitive...

and I'm the biased one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dude, Savage Hulk has always been Savage Hulk.

Thor has been downgraded yes, but he is still more powerful than WWH etc. If he wasn't he would still be Rune King Thor.

What would be the point of having conflicts on Earth then?

Hulk was upgraded, because it was necessary, Thor was downgraded because it was also necessary. Hulk needed to be more powerful, hence Green Scar, Thor was already more powerful, hence no Odin Force but a Thor Force.

Are we supposed to right of all their battles just like that?

Their last fight was in 2001 were Thor knocked out Hulk again!

So your point was?

It still stands, Classic Thor > Savage Hulk. Even now.

Current Thor > Hulk to an even greater degree.

What's the argument here for?

Don't even bring up the Red Hulk. That was PIS, did Loeb forget Thor has unlimited and total control of Mjolnir. Honestly, I would think that Odin's enchantment would still work in space. Christ....

Either Loeb is a moron (Which he is) and he can't write anything decent, or Thor wanted for Red Hulk to take his hammer and harm him.

Don't forget, Thor came back and was about to kill Red Hulk.

Oh yea, your friend Hulk was knocked out by a broken arm and a choke hold....

What is wrong with you? Movies are not cannon.

I am tired of telling you that. I am honestly on the brink of insulting you.

Marvel counts them as non cannon, why do you keep referring to them.

In the Avengers Reborn movie, Hulk lifted up Ultimate Thor's hammer. It happened but it doesn't make it right based on the comic now does it?

Thor has superior showings against the Hulk, get over it.

It's happened in the past and will happen again.

Stan himself created Thor to be able to match someone like the Hulk in strength but be powerful enough to stalemate Cosmic Beings (Silver Surfer etc. who would massacre the Hulk) and fight of Cosmic Threats.

Since his very creation, he was intended to be:

Classic Thor > Hulk

I'm tired debating with you...

I presented on panel evidence of Thor being able to take Banner Less Hulk's blows, yet you still disagree.

Bringing up years into this. It's a comic. In comics, those fights are not 20 years old etc.

This recent enough for you?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorknockoutHulk1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorknockoutHulk2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by I'm Bran
No he isn't. Savage is the same Savage that he has always been.

And Savage Hulk also lost to Thor 9 years ago as well...

Red Hulk is far more powerful than Savage. The movie is about as canon as a drawing I can do on MS paint.

You aren't?

Yup, no Odin Force, he beat the Hulk and the Thing at the same time. I stated that in this thread earlier but you can guess his answer....

Starscream M
I know the movie is not cannon...that doesn't mean it is inaccurate.

Just because you don't like how they depicted Thor doesn't mean it was a poor depiction.

You keep claiming that Hulk won in the movie just because he's more popular. So I guess if Marvel made a Spiderman vs Thor movie, Spiderman would win too huh?

anyways, I'm done with this debate.

Starscream M
No he isn't. Savage is the same Savage that he has always been.

And Savage Hulk also lost to Thor less than 9 years ago as well...

You aren't? too bad we're not talking about savage hulk...who I dont dispute is weaker than Thor

we're talking about savage BANNERLESS Hulk...the guy who effortlessly beat Onslaught

that version is more powerful than Thor imo

but whatever

I'm Bran
Thor killed Hulk in a What-If comic.

It must be accurate.

I'm Bran
too bad we're not talking about savage hulk...who I dont dispute is weaker than Thor

we're talking about savage BANNERLESS Hulk...the guy who effortlessly beat Onslaught

but whatever "and even though current Savage Hulk is far more powerful than the one that lost to Thor 20 years ago?"
You lie.

Bannerless Hulk was getting his ass kicked by Onslaught before the one punch that only managed to shatter his shell, and put Hulk down and out.

IYO.

Starscream M

It must be accurate. it is accurate in the sense that Thor certainly has the power to kill Hulk

it isn't cannon in that that event doesn't happen in the comics

but it is accurate in the depiction of their power levels

---

it would be inaccurate if in a movie suddenly Hulk shot heat beams and flew...just because something isn't cannon doesn't make it inaccurate

I can think of a lot of things that are cannon (done by shitty writers) that are far more egregious and inaccurate to character depictions than what is shown in the animated movies

Rage.Of.Olympus

Just because you don't like how they depicted Thor doesn't mean it was a poor depiction.

You keep claiming that Hulk won in the movie just because he's more popular. So I guess if Marvel made a Spiderman vs Thor movie, Spiderman would win too huh?

anyways, I'm done with this debate.

Spider-man has beaten Fire Lord before. Hell didn't he and someone else combine their blow to knock out the Hulk?

I don't like how it's depicted because it's unfounded.

They have fought before, and nothing along those lines has "ever" happened.

Don't you understand you're basing your opinion on one DVD, when they're is decades of events to prove otherwise.

How can you argue this and retain any credibility?

I have every, Thor and Hulk issue ever published on hand and whenever they thought, Thor has not once, screamed like a little girl.

You're throwing out "years" of continuity out the window for one single event that wasn't even cannon.

That movie has as much value in continuity as me drawing Batman knocking out the Hulk in one blow.

Starscream M
"
Bannerless Hulk was getting his ass kicked by Onslaught before the one punch that only managed to shatter his shell, and put Hulk down and out.
no he wasn't getting his ass kicked

they were trading blows equally until Hulk overpowered Onslaught. at no point was Onslaught kicking Hulk's ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus

It must be accurate.

My point exactly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
too bad we're not talking about savage hulk...who I dont dispute is weaker than Thor

but whatever

Effortlessly beat Onslaught?

Say good bye to all your credibility as it goes out the window...

Don't judge a comic book when you "clearly" have not read it before.

Effortlessly beating Onslaught?

laughing

I wonder what you have been smokin'

Starscream M
Effortlessly beat Onslaught?

Say good bye to all your credibility as it goes out the window...

Don't judge a comic book when you "clearly" have not read it before.

Effortlessly beating Onslaught?

laughing

I wonder what you have been smokin' dude, they barely fought for 2 pages before Hulk beat Onslaught...consider that Superman took many comics to defeat Doomsday.

that's why I called it effortless.

I'm Bran
it is accurate in the sense that Thor certainly has the power to kill Hulk

---

it would be inaccurate if in a movie suddenly Hulk shot heat beams and flew...just because something isn't cannon doesn't make it inaccurate

I can think of a lot of things that are cannon (done by shitty writers) that are far more egregious and inaccurate to character depictions than what is shown in the animated movies lol

so, there's no point then, figured.

no he wasn't getting his ass kicked

they were trading blows equally until Hulk overpowered Onslaught. at no point was Onslaught kicking Hulk's ass. Onslaught was getting the better of the exchanges, and when he had Hulk down, he stopped to talk to him.

effortless?

Starscream M
"and even though current Savage Hulk is far more powerful than the one that lost to Thor 20 years ago?"
You lie.
. rage and I were discussing mindless hulk, so I didn't specify it...but that's what I meant. Why would we talk about regular savage hulk when I've admitted Thor is superior?

Rage.Of.Olympus
it is accurate in the sense that Thor certainly has the power to kill Hulk

True as he has shown he does have the necessary power.

What do you mean exactly here?

Not it is not. That is just speculation on your part.

It isn't an accurate description. You just think it is. If it has never happened before, than it simply an isolated non cannon event.

It is inaccurate if it has never been done before. That type of beat down has never happened to Thor besides that DVD.

Hence why it's inaccurate!

It's almost inaccurate as Hulk using heat vision because both such these events have never been used before.

Christ....

I knew that DVD would be trouble from the moment I watched it.

I can think of a lot of things that are cannon (done by shitty writers) that are far more egregious and inaccurate to character depictions than what is shown in the animated movies

The Red Hulk vs. Thor for example.

Naija boy
I havent seen the dvd but did hulk beat thor that badly?

Rage.Of.Olympus
dude, they barely fought for 2 pages before Hulk beat Onslaught...consider that Superman took many comics to defeat Doomsday.

that's why I called it effortless.

Wow, you must have some otherworldly definition of effortless.

Yea, Hulk was beating the crap out of Onslaught effortlessly....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You do realize that Onslaught basically wanted for Hulk to crack his armor, and by the way.

Onslaught, was able to hold him down and converse with him. Yea effortless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
I havent seen the dvd but did hulk beat thor that badly?

Thor got some good shots in but Hulk made him scream, like a girl with some of his blows. Hulk was pounding him into the ground though.

Oh, and apparently even though he was so "outclassed" physically, he still only used lighting against the Hulk. What about teleportation, the God Blast.

They upgrade the Hulk physically, downgrade Thor physically, and he still doesn't get use the full abilities of Mjolnir?

Naija boy
Thor got some good shots in but Hulk made him scream, like a girl with some of his blows. Hulk was pounding him into the ground though.

Oh, and apparently even though he was so "outclassed" physically, he still only used lighting against the Hulk. What about teleportation, the God Blast.

They upgrade the Hulk physically, downgrade Thor physically, and he still doesn't get use the full abilities of Mjolnir?

sad When i heard this movie was coming i expected something like this. It seems that they made thor just a glorified version of storm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
sad When i heard this movie was coming i expected something like this. It seems that they made thor just a glorified version of storm.

More or less lol.

When I first saw the trailer, I knew this was coming but I hoped that it would be an actual realistic, clash of the titans, where the two go head to head like they do in comics. That would be epic.

The Wolverine vs. Hulk was awesome on the other hand. That part of the movie was gold.

You want a link?

Naija boy

You want a link?

For sure man.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hold on. Let me find the site.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here you go:

http://watch-movies.net/movies/hulk_vs/

Click on the third version/link when you scroll down. It opens up a link to Megavideo. Which in my opinion is pretty high quality and streams very quickly (The one I watched originally, was DVD quality, but I don't remember the site. I know I didn't download a torrent. I'll check and see if I can find it.)

Naija boy
Here you go:

http://watch-movies.net/movies/hulk_vs/

Click on the third version/link when you scroll down. It opens up a link to Megavideo. Which in my opinion is pretty high quality and streams very quickly (The one I watched originally, was DVD quality, but I don't remember the site. I know I didn't download a torrent. I'll check and see if I can find it.)

thnks

Starscream M

yeah, they should've made Thor use Mjolnir like the way he uses it in comics against enemies...godblasts and teleportation...oh wait, he almost never does! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rage.Of.Olympus
yeah, they should've made Thor use Mjolnir like the way he uses it in comics against enemies...godblasts and teleportation...oh wait, he almost never does! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dude, all of Asgard was in danger. Odin was deep asleep, Hulk had plowed through the entire Asgardian Army.

Thor would have destroyed 8 of the nine worlds to stop Hulk at that point. Thor was misrepresented as any Thor fan would undoubtedly know. He was also downgraded etc.

Thor can take on the Banner less Hulk's blows and keep his ground.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thnks

No prob.

Starscream M

Thor can take on the Banner less Hulk's blows and keep his ground. so you think Thor is more durable than Onslaught?!

wow. just. wow. speechless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
so you think Thor is more durable than Onslaught?!

wow. just. wow. speechless.

I never said that but I got my answer from the on panel evidence.

Thor has shown he can take Banner Less Hulk's blows.

Thor would have done just as good as Hulk did at the very least, if not better against Onslaught's armor.

If he can break through the armor of a Celestial, there is no reason why, he cannot do the same against Onslaught....

Starscream M
I never said that but I got my answer from the on panel evidence.
so let me ask you again: do you think Thor is more durable than Onslaught? yes or no please.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Onslaught who fought all of Marvel Earth at his strongest? No, I do not think Classic Thor is more durable when taking into account their "power sets".

I'm Bran
so let me ask you again: do you think Thor is more durable than Onslaught? yes or no please. It's a different durability.

Thor isn't incredibly hard like a metal shell. He is softer but can soak up more damage to what can damage him. If he takes the type of open ass shot right on the chin, he's going down. If he takes it anywhere else, he's good for battle still. He's not going to shatter though...

Besides, Cyke managed to crack Onslaugh's armor on his own iirc, and then Thor flew right through it.

Starscream M
The Onslaught who fought all of Marvel Earth at his strongest? No, I do not think Classic Thor is more durable when taking into account their "power sets". so then how is it you think Thor could take mindless hulk's blows when they devastated Onslaught?

I'm Bran
so then how is it you think Thor could take mindless hulk's blows when they devastated Onslaught? Because the only blow that devastated Onslaught was an incredibly set up shot that Thor most likely won't allow to happen... seeing as he can move, or use Mjolnir as a shield etc.

savage hulk
Dude, Savage Hulk has always been Savage Hulk.

Thor has been downgraded yes, but he is still more powerful than WWH etc. If he wasn't he would still be Rune King Thor.

What would be the point of having conflicts on Earth then?

Hulk was upgraded, because it was necessary, Thor was downgraded because it was also necessary. Hulk needed to be more powerful, hence Green Scar, Thor was already more powerful, hence no Odin Force but a Thor Force.

Are we supposed to right of all their battles just like that?

Their last fight was in 2001 were Thor knocked out Hulk again!

So your point was?

It still stands, Classic Thor > Savage Hulk. Even now.

Current Thor > Hulk to an even greater degree.

What's the argument here for?

Don't even bring up the Red Hulk. That was PIS, did Loeb forget Thor has unlimited and total control of Mjolnir. Honestly, I would think that Odin's enchantment would still work in space. Christ....

Either Loeb is a moron (Which he is) and he can't write anything decent, or Thor wanted for Red Hulk to take his hammer and harm him.

Don't forget, Thor came back and was about to kill Red Hulk.

Oh yea, your friend Hulk was knocked out by a broken arm and a choke hold....

What is wrong with you? Movies are not cannon.

I am tired of telling you that. I am honestly on the brink of insulting you.

Marvel counts them as non cannon, why do you keep referring to them.

In the Avengers Reborn movie, Hulk lifted up Ultimate Thor's hammer. It happened but it doesn't make it right based on the comic now does it?

Thor has superior showings against the Hulk, get over it.

It's happened in the past and will happen again.

Stan himself created Thor to be able to match someone like the Hulk in strength but be powerful enough to stalemate Cosmic Beings (Silver Surfer etc. who would massacre the Hulk) and fight of Cosmic Threats.

Since his very creation, he was intended to be:

Classic Thor > Hulk

I'm tired debating with you...

I presented on panel evidence of Thor being able to take Banner Less Hulk's blows, yet you still disagree.

Bringing up years into this. It's a comic. In comics, those fights are not 20 years old etc.

This recent enough for you?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorknockoutHulk1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorknockoutHulk2.jpg

I can show you the thing about hulk

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>