Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
How did lucus get the idea in the first place of vader ?? he could have made a monster but he gave us darth vader . Any idea how lucus came up with the idea of creating lord vader ?

sweersa
Hmm, the helmet was from Nazis I think.

steverules_2
Originally posted by sweersa
Hmm, the helmet was from Nazis I think.

I think stormtroopers were based on Nazia as well

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
I think stormtroopers were based on Nazia as well

Yes, and Vader's guard type people in the black helmets like his are based on them as well.

Ordo
Originally posted by coolmovies
How did lucus get the idea in the first place of vader ?? he could have made a monster but he gave us darth vader . Any idea how lucus came up with the idea of creating lord vader ?

His suit was kind of supposed to be the ultimate iron lung. It kind of creepy when you think about it, since he's essentially being kept alive by the suit, he's almost kind of a zombie, stumbling around and etc.

JediRobin23
monster? Like the cookie monster? I dont think he was trying to make a comedy

sweersa
Originally posted by JediRobin23
monster? Like the cookie monster? I dont think he was trying to make a comedy

Maybe life is one big comedy in Lucas' eyes. Hehehe.

queeq
He doesn't have much of a sense of humour.... Although, after seeing KOTC, he DOES have a sense of humour, just a very odd one.

vintageSW77
I always thought the helmets were created so they could explain crossing from the Star Destroyer to the Taintaive in EP IV.
Breathing in space.

There is a samurai element to Vader and even though Lucas created Vader the person he never came up with the design.
http://www.kropserkel.com/DVconceptual.htm

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I always thought the helmets were created so they could explain crossing from the Star Destroyer to the Taintaive in EP IV.
Breathing in space.

There is a samurai element to Vader and even though Lucas created Vader the person he never came up with the design.
http://www.kropserkel.com/DVconceptual.htm

Maybe the stormtroopers used some type of docking seal type connector to get into the Rebel ship, becuase Officers had to go on the Tantive IV eventually. The Rebels also expected their point of entry which leads me to believe it was some type of docking seal.

The back of Vader's helmet also resembles the back of a Nazi helmet.

http://www.usmbooks.com/images/FRANKREICH/NachF7.jpg

MANY different elements from all sorts of historical, religious, and fiction sources have been incorporated into Star Wars.

coolmovies
cool thanks alot

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
cool thanks alot

your welcome smile

queeq
Vader was always based on a samurai warrior. That includes the face mask, some (ceremonial) samurai armour had face masks as well.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by sweersa
Maybe the stormtroopers used some type of docking seal type connector to get into the Rebel ship, becuase Officers had to go on the Tantive IV eventually. The Rebels also expected their point of entry which leads me to believe it was some type of docking seal.

Sure but it was originally intended for the troopers and Vader to pass through space.
It would have lessened the impact of Vaders entrance but it would have been great to see that.

queeq
Hehehe... Flying Vader.

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Sure but it was originally intended for the troopers and Vader to pass through space.
It would have lessened the impact of Vaders entrance but it would have been great to see that.

I would liked to see that. I wonder how well they would pull that off in 76. They would need some type of rockets or some kind of vessel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.