Hank Pym Vs The Atom (Ray Palmer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Who wins in a prep style battle?

iceman24567
Hank Pym has way better tech plus i think Choi would do better in a prep battle.

Digi
Oh god. Someone end this before it becomes ugly.

cloud102
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hank Pym has way better tech plus i think Choi would do better in a prep battle.

Don't know much about Henry's tech, but Palmer has built a machine to pluck out any enemy to destroy Superman. In any time. That's pretty uber right there.

Bentley
Don't knoy Palmer prep feats sadly, Pym is a beast.

carnage52
pym would physically abuse palmer

Raoul
unless pym comes up with tech that can detect a sub atomic palmer and stop him (it is possible, pym is that smart), palmer should take it imo.

King Castle
current Pym can shrink down to the microverse which iirc is below subatomic

Desaad
Pym definitely has the better tech feats, just because that isn't generally what Palmer is about, but Palmer has the best 'figure out how to beat whatever we're up against' feats in comics. The dude figured out how to counteract a universe destroy phenomena that didn't even EXIST according to any of the rules of normal science. Stuff like that over and over (figuring out how to defeat the uber Amazo). And yeah, he's built a time machine, which even Pym hasn't done. And he cracked the Hourman virus, which was something that Superman 1 Million said could only POSSIBLY be done by a Solaris class Stellar computer. He's built devices to cross into other dimensions, he's discovered how to travel through the multiverse.

Plus his shrinking tech is better, and he's applied that tech in ways similar to Pym (a utility belt that has everything one can imagine, basically).

Warlord
Hank "gawd" Pym

Prep-Man
Palmer.

Warlord
what's palmer's greatest prep feat?

Prep-Man
Building a machine to summon Atlas to beat Superman. It basically picked a being from any era that had the ability.

Warlord
cool.
not enough

Prep-Man
For Pym, maybe.

Warlord
lol

whatever

MrMind
in a prep fight I give it to pym
in a straight up fight atom shrink to sub atomic level, get into pym's brain then expand

Desaad
Originally posted by Warlord
what's palmer's greatest prep feat?

Tech building feat you mean? Or greatest accomplishment given time?

His greatest accomplishment is undoubtedly beating the Hourman Virus, tech from the 853rd Century that Superman 1 Million said could only be 'beaten' by something with the computing power of a Stellar Computer like Solaris.

Warlord
it's a prep fight guys

Prep-Man
And he used prep.

Warlord
Originally posted by MrMind
in a straight up fight atom shrink to sub atomic level, get into pym's brain then expand

that's about right

CosmicComet
Originally posted by MrMind

Pym wins either scenario.

Pym shrinks down to the microverse and mocks Palmer's skills.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Pym wins either scenario.

Pym shrinks down to the microverse and mocks Palmer's skills.

Palmer has better shrining powers though. And is just as smart, IMO.

Warlord
the microverse is new.
haven't read it.
before that I agree Palmer is better at shrinking.
I have seen nothing from him matching what Pym did in Mighty Avengers, tech/intelligence wise though

Desaad
The narration said "microverse", but they didn't actually cross the barrier into it -- it was just a generic background of molecular structures, which is NOT what the Microverse is.

And it's not nearly as small as Ray can shrink -- he's slipped through the cracks of reality, literally traveling through the multiverse as a result (then later built a device that could do the same).

CosmicComet
Current 'Sorcerer Supreme' (a prior empty title that he is giving a lot of meaning) Pym has at least equal shrinking abilities.

And can hold an equal conversation with Eternity. If Reed conversing equally with Galactus is some sort of benchmark, then Hank is most certainly 'the man'. stick out tongue

Desaad
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Current 'Sorcerer Supreme' (a prior empty title that he is giving a lot of meaning) Pym has at least equal shrinking abilities.

"Scientist Supreme", a title that only existed in an alternate reality where there wasn't sorcery.

Warlord
Originally posted by Desaad
The narration said "microverse", but they didn't actually cross the barrier into it -- it was just a generic background of molecular structures, which is NOT what the Microverse is.

And it's not nearly as small as Ray can shrink -- he's slipped through the cracks of reality, literally traveling through the multiverse as a result (then later built a device that could do the same).

if the narration said "microverse" how exactly are you suggesting it was not the microverse? and how you say slipping through parallel universes means shrinking even smaller?

Desaad
Originally posted by Warlord
if the narration said "microverse" how exactly are you suggesting it was not the microverse?

Because that's not the environment of the microverse. Microverse could just mean, in that instance, the space between mlcs. Read the issue and find out for yourself.

Because shrinking through the fabric of reality goes beyond shrinking into the space between atoms. Even if you're at the size level that electrons are suns, you're still in our physical universe.

King Castle
here you go guys analyze away...

Originally posted by guy222
http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373488_Avengers_Academy-07-014.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373489_Avengers_Academy-07-015.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373490_Avengers_Academy-07-016.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373491_Avengers_Academy-07-017.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373492_Avengers_Academy-07-018.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373493_Avengers_Academy-07-019.jpg http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/t/5373494_Avengers_Academy-07-020.jpg

Prep-Man
Yeah, Palmer is a step above Pym in the shrinking department.

Mindset
Can he grow in size?

Desaad
It is indisputable that he WAS.

Now they seem to be ABOUT on par, with Palmer's highest highs still pretty much untouchable. He's also got the added benefit of the density control, but Pym can now grow past the point of logic -- that scene, for instance, is nonsensical as if it was really just a matter of size (something I think is absolute drek by the way) then he would have destroyed everything on earth growing to that size.

Desaad
Originally posted by Mindset
Can he grow in size?

There was a time he could, briefly, but never to the level that Pym now can, nope. Not even close.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by King Castle
here you go guys analyze away... holy shit!

what comic is that from?

MrMind
Originally posted by psycho gundam
holy shit!

what comic is that from?
avengers academy 7

psycho gundam
crap, i wanted to avoid that series

i hate kid/female versions of already existing characters

MrMind
Originally posted by psycho gundam
crap, i wanted to avoid that series

i hate kid/female versions of already existing characters
I only read the issue with norman osborn in it. that was not bad.
the rating of this series is actually pretty high

psycho gundam
won't hurt to check it out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.