Mannoroth vs. The Guardian (AOM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mannoroth II
Mannoroth

- Enormous annihilian which loves to destroy
- Has a twin-bladed weapon
- Killed by Grom, who, in turn, died
- Second-in-command to Archimonde

The Guardian (Age of Mythology/AOM The Titans)

- Capable of bringing down Titans (e. g. Cerberus, Ymir)
- Can be awakened by returning its sword
- Extra-powerful unit; known greater units: Kronos, Osiris, Gaia, Prometheus
- Huge attack stats

MadMel
again, what feats does the guardian have that can put him anywhere near mannaroth, who is fully capable of soloing armies with an ease that makes nightmare look like a pussy?

Burning thought
Guardian can solo most armies as well, also i think this is gameplay, Mannaroth in gameplay was not that great imo.

MadMel
if its gameplay, mannaroth can just bore the guardian to death with his joke speeches, as long as i keep clicking on his pixalated picture laughing out loud

ArtificialGlory
Mannoroth never even appeared in gameplay, barring the cutscenes.

Burning thought
you can use him in the world editor tho so you can check out his gameplay stats

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
you can use him in the world editor tho so you can check out his gameplay stats

Yeah, but the fact that he never appeared in actual gameplay probably means that those stats are probably just place holders. Or perhaps Blizzard intended for Mannoroth to appear in gameplay at some point, but ditched the idea. Who can tell now... I mean, he has Piercing Attack. Piercing Attack on a melee hero? What the hell?

Utrigita
If we go by Lore Mannoroth he imo wins this.

Take the gameplay when we doesn't have anything on Mannoroth, he is basically weaker then a ordinary pitlord then erm

ArtificialGlory
Gonna fire up my dusty WC3 and check it out for myself.

EDIT: Good ole Mannoroth is definitely much tougher than than an 'ordinary' pit lord.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/Ironmallet/Mannoroth.jpg

Utrigita
I redraw my earlier statement I was thinking of Magtheridon my bad however compared to the pitlord he isn't vastly better:

He got much more HP yes, a single armor state more, then he got 16-13 more in damage but it's pierce, three more strenght, 1 more agility and 11 more intelligence, compare Cenarius with the average Keeper of the Grovem Ore Archimonde for that matter compared to the Eredar Warlock and they are significantly better.

Mannoroth II
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yeah, but the fact that he never appeared in actual gameplay probably means that those stats are probably just place holders. Or perhaps Blizzard intended for Mannoroth to appear in gameplay at some point, but ditched the idea. Who can tell now... I mean, he has Piercing Attack. Piercing Attack on a melee hero? What the hell?

None of them actually have "piercing attack".

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Mannoroth II
None of them actually have "piercing attack".

Yea, that 'piercing attack' baffles me.

EDIT:
Utrigita: What you can't see in this picture is that Mannoroth also has a ridiculously fast attack speed. Faster than 1 hit per second O_o

Utrigita
Ahh okay, I just thought that the high attack speed he had in my custom created maps was something that I had given him by enchancing him a bit. But still Piercing... he should have had Chaos.

ArtificialGlory
Yea, it's the 'piercing attack' that made me think that he has place holder stats + unnatural attack speed(that's even without any items).

Lich King
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Gonna fire up my dusty WC3 and check it out for myself.

EDIT: Good ole Mannoroth is definitely much tougher than than an 'ordinary' pit lord.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/Ironmallet/Mannoroth.jpg

Mannoroth was never part of Archimonde's ascent towards the World Tree. A fake picture is what that is. The Annihilan to participate in that battle was Azgalor.

MadMel
*cough*warcraft 3 level editor*cough*

Lich King
As far as I can remember, Mannoroth has never directly engaged in any gameplay scenario during WC3. For this reason, stats revolving him should be considered insufficient to debate him as they might as well be the general Pitlord stats, which is something he is not, as Blizzard has seen no purpose in implimenting the accurate number information for a demon of his calibur.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Lich King
As far as I can remember, Mannoroth has never directly engaged in any gameplay scenario during WC3. For this reason, stats revolving him should be considered insufficient to debate him as they might as well be the general Pitlord stats, which is something he is not, as Blizzard has seen no purpose in implimenting the accurate number information for a demon of his calibur.

That picture isn't fake in the truest sense of the word. I've added Mannoroth as he is in the World Editor. It's an amazing tool. Try it sometime.

Those stats you see in the picture are the stats Blizzard used for him in the World Editor, I did NOT edit them in any way(apart from leveling Mannoroth to lvl10). Of course, they might be 'place holder' stats for the reasons discussed earlier.

Yet Blizzard saw the purpose in implementing stats for Archimonde, who is undoubtedly higher caliber than Mannoroth.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right, Mannoroth has never been show in gameplay apart from the cutscenes.

ArtificialGlory
Oh and, Mannoroth stats are quite above the 'general' pit lord. He has at least 3x times more HP and attacks like a goddamn machine gun.

nathrezim
dude im sorry are we talking about the Guardian medivh or aegwynn
cause medivh in the older days was sargeras
whos is one bad ace mother lover
and mann um....what was his name again oh yeah Mannoroth is like under him what 3-4 ranks cause i think kil'jaedens a lil stronger the archimonde

and aegwynn kinda stomped on sargeras face
then sargeras possessed her wittle babby boy =C

Slaanesh
Originally posted by nathrezim
dude im sorry are we talking about the Guardian medivh or aegwynn
cause medivh in the older days was sargeras
whos is one bad ace mother lover
and mann um....what was his name again oh yeah Mannoroth is like under him what 3-4 ranks cause i think kil'jaedens a lil stronger the archimonde

and aegwynn kinda stomped on sargeras face
then sargeras possessed her wittle babby boy =C

this is not warcraft guardian..this the the guardian in the Age Of Mythology game..the one in egypt..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.