Most stressful game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KakashiKun
What game stresses you everytime you play it?
Whenever i play devil may cry 4 on the hardest difficulty they have it makes me wanna explode mad

Ushgarak
A lot of games give me anger management issues, and whilst this is not definitvely the most, I did find it happened so much in the first two Metroid Prime agmes that I tend to call getting angry at computer games 'Metroid Rage'.

The improved control scheme of the third meant it happened a lot less there, though all three games are asking for the disk to be thrown out the window for the position of the final save point, and how much you have to do again on a failure.

Burning thought
most games where there are platforms that you have to cover very quickly, when I was younger I was in such a rage that I hit my face into the controller which burst a large spot spraying pus all over the television, my rage was so great that it was only stifled by my amusement after I realised the pus.

MadMel
the most stressful game for me was mario striker charged for wii..the AI was so wretchedly cheap that when i finally finished all the single player things i took it back before even bothering with the multiplayer...

Final Blaxican
Soul Calibur on ranked matches and Dawn of War AI on the hardest difficulty. The Space Marines are incredibly cheap... they made a second Land Raider five minutes after I destroyed the first as well as Terminator squads and those other tanks... can't remember their names but the Chaos have them too.

I destroyed an army that size and they rebuilt it in a few minutes. Can't stand it, I have zero hope when I'm the Orcz.

King-Fingolfin
Getting the Fierce Deity's Mask when I was 8.

no expression

Smasandian
Any game that has an uneven difficulty, or very long checkpoints.

BackFire
Are we talking stress or frustrating?

Frustrating games - Games that have some poor design decisions that make it cheap and annoying. Some for me are:

-- Assassin's Creed - enhancing the difficulty not by actually making the game harder, but by simply adding more annoying NPC's who simply randomly push you, knocking you out of stealth and getting the attention of the guards with shitty AI, who seem to want to kill anyone who gets pushed or bumps into someone else.

Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet. Also endlessly respawning enemies until you walk into a designated 'despawn' takes most of the strategy out of the game, and just causes you to try and rush to a certain point till you get there.

Any number of RTS games that send waves of enemies at you, obviously not following their own rules and being able to produce more units per $ than you ever could.

And fighting games with cheap AI.

Stressful games tend to be survival horror games, the point is to actually stress you out and make you worried/alarmed.

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet.

Quoted for f*cking truth. I shall open my mouth and close my eyes for you and allow you to place whatever you wish inside of it.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Are we talking stress or frustrating?

Frustrating games - Games that have some poor design decisions that make it cheap and annoying. Some for me are:

-- Assassin's Creed - enhancing the difficulty not by actually making the game harder, but by simply adding more annoying NPC's who simply randomly push you, knocking you out of stealth and getting the attention of the guards with shitty AI, who seem to want to kill anyone who gets pushed or bumps into someone else.

Call of Duty 1,2,3,4,5 - AI enemies can throw a grenade from 5 miles away and have it land perfectly on your feet. Also endlessly respawning enemies until you walk into a designated 'despawn' takes most of the strategy out of the game, and just causes you to try and rush to a certain point till you get there.

Any number of RTS games that send waves of enemies at you, obviously not following their own rules and being able to produce more units per $ than you ever could.

And fighting games with cheap AI.

Stressful games tend to be survival horror games, the point is to actually stress you out and make you worried/alarmed.

I forget about Assassins Creed. One of the most annoying games of all time in my books.

occultdestroyer
Silent Hill

Kazenji
Playing the God Of War games on the god difficulty i suppose it would be even more of a pain with the second game playing it on titian

DorianYates
Final Fantasy XI online.

Nemesis X
Trying to defeat RAAM in Gears 1 on insane difficulty.

jinXed by JaNx
Call of Duty--pick one
Ghost Recon
Rainbow six
RACING GAMES Especially Gran turismo. it doesnt matter which one, they all really piss me off.
Most fighting games

One of the most frustrating is Madden. That game is one of the cheapest ive played. You can be up by three or four touchdowns and then suddenly the computer will get three consecutive turnovers...BULLSHIT
mad

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Soul Calibur on ranked matches and Dawn of War AI on the hardest difficulty. The Space Marines are incredibly cheap... they made a second Land Raider five minutes after I destroyed the first as well as Terminator squads and those other tanks... can't remember their names but the Chaos have them too.

I destroyed an army that size and they rebuilt it in a few minutes. Can't stand it, I have zero hope when I'm the Orcz.

Are you using the AI mod?

Darth Jello
any game that has a rubber banding A.I.

Nemesis X
Games would tick me off if they have glitching problems. I attack an enemy and suddenly he disappears and reappears right behind me and I get mauled. In Gears 1, my friggin barricade floated in mid air and those drones killed me. In Bioshock, a Big Daddy floated in mid air and finished me by shooting grenades. Game companies are so lazy they can't even check their games before they're out.

ThunderGodEneru
...haermm

I rarely have glitches in any games.

Most stressful time I had with a game? Learning how to install Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion mods. Sucked ass it did.

Darth Jello
The gamecube port of Majora's Mask...grrrrrr. Lazy nintendo emulated it instead of properly porting it so it randomly freezes so often that you have to quick save every 5 minutes.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Getting the Fierce Deity's Mask when I was 8.

no expression

That reminds me of when I was trying to get the Couple's Mask from Anju and Kafei (last mask I needed for FD Mask). Long story short, it took five tries before I talked to my friend, who said I had to wait for Kafei to come. I kicked my own ass thoroughly that night.

Anyway, two games that gave me a lot of anger as a kid were Jet Force Jemini and Star Fox 64. The saving grace was that I ultimately beat both games. That, and I still loved those games to God-Damn-Death.

k1Lla441
command and conquer tiburium wars. Its hard for me to be a computer ai on normal, i cant even imagin it on brutal.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Are you using the AI mod?

Nah, they're just on very hard or whatever the hardest diffculty is.

And I just looked at the replay. It a 4-player FFA and Iwas Orcz, they were Space Marines, and there were 2 Imperial Guard AI's.

Both myself and the SM kill our two Imperial Gaurd neigthbors and we both own around half of the map's Req. locations ( I think I own a bit more), and he bumrushes me with, hang on:

2 Terminator Squads
1 Assault Terminator Squad
1 fully reinforced squad of Tactical space marines with rocket launcher upgrades
1 Dreadnought
2 Predator Tanks
1 Force Commander
1 Chaplain
1 Land Raider

I barely manage to destroy all of that by micro'ing with some wartruks, rocket boys, big mek, warboss and two squads of flash gits with a mad dok and one squad of storm boyz.

Not even six minutes later, I'm not kidding you, six minutes later he attacks me with damn near the same force, completely rebuilt, and even manages to relay-drop a dreadnought. Wiped me out utterly.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and it pisses me off every time. I can win 1 vs. 1 easy because I can rush him and destroy him before he can tier up, but SM's get any time to tier up my poor Boyz don't stand a chance.

I might try adding some Squiggoths to my forces for damage soak.

Darth Exodus
Rome: Barbarian invasion. Trying to play as the Sarmatians. Basically you have 3 turns to build up your forces (one unit per turn)before the Mongolians attack you with 5 armies, each one at least 2 possibly 3 times the size of all your troops put together. I tried it 3 times and the best I could do was beating 2+1/2 armies before getting wiped out each time.
It was a dark day.

Also, trying to beat my brother when he used Gon on Tekkan 3, and trying to beat my friend when he used Emma Frost on X-men 1.

King-Fingolfin
The Original Marathon Game:

It's like srsly hard without going on the internet to look up a walkthrough. The really bad thing is, the game is DARK!

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Nah, they're just on very hard or whatever the hardest diffculty is.

And I just looked at the replay. It a 4-player FFA and Iwas Orcz, they were Space Marines, and there were 2 Imperial Guard AI's.

Both myself and the SM kill our two Imperial Gaurd neigthbors and we both own around half of the map's Req. locations ( I think I own a bit more), and he bumrushes me with, hang on:

2 Terminator Squads
1 Assault Terminator Squad
1 fully reinforced squad of Tactical space marines with rocket launcher upgrades
1 Dreadnought
2 Predator Tanks
1 Force Commander
1 Chaplain
1 Land Raider

I barely manage to destroy all of that by micro'ing with some wartruks, rocket boys, big mek, warboss and two squads of flash gits with a mad dok and one squad of storm boyz.

Not even six minutes later, I'm not kidding you, six minutes later he attacks me with damn near the same force, completely rebuilt, and even manages to relay-drop a dreadnought. Wiped me out utterly.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and it pisses me off every time. I can win 1 vs. 1 easy because I can rush him and destroy him before he can tier up, but SM's get any time to tier up my poor Boyz don't stand a chance.

I might try adding some Squiggoths to my forces for damage soak.

If you are not using the AI mod then the onyl challenge you are getting there is the ludicrous amount of extra resources the computer gets on those levels.

Get the Dawn of Skimish AI mod. Seriously, this is not a fringe thing. it is considered essential equipment for a DoW player. Then put it on Hard (where the enemy has 1-1 resources to you) and play proper games.

tom_servo
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comes to mind when talking about stress. It took me a week and a half to beat it. The camera kept killing me.

General Kaliero
...Is a week and a half a long time to play a game?

Final Blaxican
If you're not a loser, yeah.

Final Blaxican
If you are not using the AI mod then the onyl challenge you are getting there is the ludicrous amount of extra resources the computer gets on those levels.

Get the Dawn of Skimish AI mod. Seriously, this is not a fringe thing. it is considered essential equipment for a DoW player. Then put it on Hard (where the enemy has 1-1 resources to you) and play proper games.

Mod's don't work on my Dawn of War, perhaps because it's an illegal copy. Dunno.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
That reminds me of when I was trying to get the Couple's Mask from Anju and Kafei (last mask I needed for FD Mask). Long story short, it took five tries before I talked to my friend, who said I had to wait for Kafei to come. I kicked my own ass thoroughly that night.

Anyway, two games that gave me a lot of anger as a kid were Jet Force Jemini and Star Fox 64. The saving grace was that I ultimately beat both games. That, and I still loved those games to God-Damn-Death. Oh God Anju and Kafei can go screw themselves, it didn't help that the mask itself was useless either.

Starfox 64 is still one of my favorite N64 games.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by DorianYates
Final Fantasy XI online. hahahahaha i got a lot of stuff on that game

tom_servo
Originally posted by General Kaliero
...Is a week and a half a long time to play a game?

Have you even played Force Unleashed? The camera work was F'ing horrible. It killed you more than the enemies would...if you could find them. Waste of time. Thank Christ I only rented it.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by tom_servo
Have you even played Force Unleashed? The camera work was F'ing horrible. It killed you more than the enemies would...if you could find them. Waste of time. Thank Christ I only rented it.
Um, yeah, I have. I still own it, and even still play it on occasion. Destruction is fun. I rarely had issues with the camera, either.

I just took it at a comfortable pace, exploring the levels and finding secrets. When I finished after two weeks, it felt pretty fulfilling to me.

Peach
Yeah, it wasn't the camera that made TFU annoying. It was more the fact that the game was severely unbalanced. But even that only made certain sections difficult.

Raoul
the only frustrating thing about TFU, imo, was those damn half walker half stormtrooper thingies. they were so cheap...

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Raoul
the only frustrating thing about TFU, imo, was those damn half walker half stormtrooper thingies. they were so cheap...
Oh god I hated those. They all desperately needed to be chucked into the nearest star.

Peach
Yeah, seriously, **** those things. Gah.

Raoul
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Oh god I hated those. They all desperately needed to be chucked into the nearest star.

Originally posted by Peach
Yeah, seriously, **** those things. Gah.

glad i'm not the only one who feels that way laughing out loud

ThunderGodEneru
They were easy IMO...

Thunder Fox
fighting Psycho Mantis in original metal gear solid

Burning thought
I have similiar problems with DOW Dark crusade, I use the firestorm over kronos mod and end up completly and utterly destroying very Hard A.i but as soon as I switch it to Insane difficullty, I just cannot do it, they swarm me with tanks (which are more expensive than usual) before my economy can just about get one, just as soon as I knock one or two down, more spring up, its by then that I realise their tech is too high.

oh and rushing tactics dont work half as well in this mod since buildings have high armour value as do vehihcles so small arms cannot harm them.

Ushgarak
The AI mod is pretty essential, though its most balanced version is only available for Soulstorm.

Darth Jello
the lost levels is a real hemorrhoid of a game too

Ushgarak
Incidentally, the most stressful game is probably 'I Wanna be the Guy', in that you are somehow compelled to keep playing it despite how bad it is for your blood pressure.

DarkC
Most stressful game ever is definitely 'I Wanna Be The Guy'.

This game was created as a joke. You have not felt true rage until you have played this game.

Ryu pwns him with a Tatsumakii Senpuu-Kyaku near the end.
An example of how truly difficult of a platformer it is:
GzjFJoTwrUk

Ushgarak
I'm actually at the final boss of that game.

It's taken years off my life.

And yes, 'only' on Medium.

Peach
I'm actually at the final boss of that game.

It's taken years off my life.

And yes, 'only' on Medium.

I still can't believe that, with as irritated with games as you can get, you're actually seriously playing that thing.

MadMel
pfft, thats got nothing on kaizo mario world..or maybe it does... stick out tongue
Ua6pbz3ROvQ

Ushgarak
Originally posted by DarkC
Most stressful game ever is definitely 'I Wanna Be The Guy'.

This game was created as a joke. You have not felt true rage until you have played this game.

Ryu pwns him with a Tatsumakii Senpuu-Kyaku near the end.
An example of how truly difficult of a platformer it is:
GzjFJoTwrUk

You actually have to do that bit twice, as the game is non-linear and that is twice over part of the way to the 'end' (each time you reach the end and have not yet defeated the six bosses, you return to the start so you can take a different route).

It's certainly not the hardest bit though!

Scythe
Contra 4

Ushgarak
Wooo I beat The Guy... by sheer fluke...

DarkC
"I got killed by a glitch.....wow."

Kosta
Doing the platinum medals in Blast Corps on N64. fffuuu

Phanteros
sonic the disaster 06 to many phucking glitches that killed me

King-Fingolfin
in6RZzdGki8

Nemesis X
Sonic Unleashed. It's Sonic 2006 all over again.

The Last Remnant. Having to die and appearing back onto the start screen is bull****. There's a thing called a checkpoint Square Enix. Look it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.