Megaman vs Samus Aran: The Rematch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Since the days of the 8-bit Nintendo, the Blue Bomber and the Bounty Hunter have been in the middle of a heated rivalry that makes the Kyo Kusanagi-Iori Yagami feud look tame in comparison.

Due to outside interference from the Space Pirates and Doc Wily, their first match ended in a double disqualification.

Now it's time for the rematch.

But this isn't no ordinary match, per se. This is four rounds of pure mayhem.

Round One: Nintendo Battle! The NES versions of Samus and Megaman square off. Samus has all of her gear while Megman has his weapons from No.2

Round Two: Super Nintendo Battle! the SNES versions of samus and Mega square off. Samus has her Super Metroid gear (Hyper Beam Banned) while Megaman has his gear from No.8 (Proto shield and Rush banned)

Round Three: MvC Rules! Marvel vs Capcom 2 rules apply here.

Round Four: Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules! Super Smash Bros Brawl rules apply here.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by IceJaw
Someone really needs to start learning to read or get some glasses and if anyone's acting like a fanboy, it's not me, I've never said that MP is powerful enough to beat X so please, cut that bullshit out, mkay? erm

X DOESN'T HAVE THE WEAPONS REQUIRED TO KILL MP AND MP DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER TO BEAT X, IT'S A STALEMATE, NO ONE CAN WIN, you noob erm (Yes, you have to caps to get anything through a ridiculously thick skull erm)

And as I've said if you can't prove otherwise, then shut up, you cant even prove or give ONE example where I'm acting like a fanboy and you can't even answer some simple ****ing questions, you're obviously avoiding them like the fanboy you obviously are and most likely because you do :

A.) Not have a intelligent answer to them
B.) "Hello, I'm Remo, I believe that I can shoot hadokens from my palms smile"
C.) "I clearly fail at this".
D.) "I fanboyishly assault people I don't know".

Pick an answer or get out, please no expression

Yes, you're maybe right, you're not a fanboy, you're clearly something worse *searches Remo a cure* erm

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7008/mariofailql7.gif
http://www.skoo.nildram.co.uk/stuff/pwned.jpg

haermm

MadMel
one of the best ownage posts ever big grin

Acrosurge
Its Mega Man. I'll bite.

Mega Man has both the Metal Blade and the Time Stopper here. If a barrage of the nigh godly Metal Blade cannot finish Samus, then Rock can simply stop time and us his superstrength to crush her suit. He also has a defensive shield (Leaf Shield) to counter any projectiles she might try.

Confused about this one. Is Mega Man getting his weapons from Mega Man 7 or 8? MM7 was the SNES release, whereas MM8 was for the PSX. Also, Rockman & Forte (Mega Man and Bass) was also a Mega Man game for the SNES. Which game are we talking about here?

Tossup. Who knows how Samus would play in a MvC environment?

Tossup. Who knows how Mega Man would play in a SSBB environment?

ThunderGodEneru
Samus has apparently both survived a black hole and can fire them.

Megaman cannot hurt her, and Samus can one shot him based on that.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Samus has apparently both survived a black hole and can fire them. What an odd coincidence; Mega Man does the same in Mega Man 9!

Now, when has Samus lifted a four-story, dinosaur mecha and tossed it? Has she survived electrical surges of 500,000 volts and heat in upwards of 12,000 degrees C? Mega Man has.

Based on the above, Samus won't be one shotting Rock.

ScreamPaste
Voltage isn't so important as ampage.

Samus wins on all counts because she could aim her gun earlier, and her games are better.

Ridley>Mech. And she bests him repeatedly.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Voltage isn't so important as ampage.

Samus wins on all counts because she could aim her gun earlier, and her games are better.

Ridley>Mech. And she bests him repeatedly.Amps and volts are linked. Higher voltage means higher amperage. Has Samus survived repeated blasts of 500,000 volts? How about temperatures in excess of 12,000 degrees C?

As for Ridley, I don't think he's physically lifted giant mecha either. Rock outclasses them both in strength.

Also, IMO, Mega Man 2 was a superior game to the NES Metroid. So was Mega Man 3. Just sayin'.

ScreamPaste
Samus could aim first =P

Also, the link is very indirect. you can have high ampage, low voltage, or high voltage, low ampage.

And yes, she's also tanked missiles to the chest.

Acrosurge
Samus could aim first =PWell, I can't argue with that. smile

Samus still seems to be outclassed here in durability, strength, versatility, and raw power. Supposing all things were equal (or even in Samus's favor) that Time Stopper is a killer for her.

ScreamPaste
I dunno about durability. She's got some rediculously high durability feats, and I'm bettign he Chozo armour > Megaman.

Versatility is another debatable point, morphball, bombs, missile,s beams, missile beam comboes, blasts, grapple beam, visors, sonic boom.

I'd put my money on her for raw power.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Acrosurge
What an odd coincidence; Mega Man does the same in Mega Man 9. Wut

ScreamPaste
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHR3HizRTA

ThunderGodEneru
Does that video come in funny?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Does that video come in funny? What? I thought it was entertaining. Everybody knows that most of the spike traps in the Mega Man franchise are mono-molecular!

I dunno about durability. She's got some rediculously high durability feats, and I'm bettign he Chozo armour > Megaman.

Versatility is another debatable point, morphball, bombs, missile,s beams, missile beam comboes, blasts, grapple beam, visors, sonic boom.

I'd put my money on her for raw power. Overall, you might be able to argue durability with the Chozo Armor, but I don't think you can argue versatility or raw power.

Mega Man has lifted part of Dr. Wily's fortress and batted around the giant X-Crusher like it was a ball of yarn. He's lifted and tossed a dinosaur mecha and can layout two-story robots with a punch. He can stop time, create tornadoes, control gravity, summon asteroids, and call down sheet lightning. He can attack with every element from fire to ice, electricity, wood, wind, and water. For every bomb or missile in Samus's arsenal, Mega Man likely has three distinct types to match. He can also utilize his special weapons and his signature Mega Buster simultaneously.

For the purposes of this thread, however, both Rock and Samus have their arsenals limited. I still think Mega Man takes the first and third rounds due to his Time Stopper and greater physical stats. The second and fourth rounds are debatable.

No End N Site
Can't Megaman stop time, and steal powers and make black holes?

The Scenario
And Samu can steal powers and make black holes. If you want to argue durability, Samus has taken voltage in the trillions and quite casually wanders around submerged in magma.

NES battle: Megaman probably takes it unless we use Zero Mission.

SNES battle: Samus.

MvC: No idea.

SSBB: No idea.

No End N Site
Originally posted by The Scenario
And Samu can steal powers and make black holes. If you want to argue durability, Samus has taken voltage in the trillions and quite casually wanders around submerged in magma.

NES battle: Megaman probably takes it unless we use Zero Mission.

SNES battle: Samus.

MvC: No idea.

SSBB: No idea. Never said she couldn't but if memory serves me right, Mega Man can surround himself with stars, control gravity and create metor showers.

MooCowofJustice
I've played almost all of the Metroid games, and I do not recall Samus creating a black hole. Or surviving one for that matter.

I'd have to say that Megaman takes this.

The Scenario
Samus can surround herself with plasma, electricty, and ice, ignore gravity, and create spazer rain.

This isn't really getting anywhere.

The Scenario
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I've played almost all of the Metroid games, and I do not recall Samus creating a black hole. Or surviving one for that matter.

I'd have to say that Megaman takes this.

Metroid Prime 2. It's known as the darkburst. Of course, it's not really a black hole, but more of a dimensional portal that sucks in and rips apart the molecular structure of things. So sorta like a black hole, but not really. And the Gravity Suit kinda ignores gravity effects. It's what it does.

The time stop is the only thing Megaman can't do that Samus can't replicate. But I'd say she's much more durable.

No End N Site
Samus can surround herself with plasma, electricty, and ice, ignore gravity, and create spazer rain.

This isn't really getting anywhere.

Nothing you said equals miniature stars or meteor showers. Also, you don't have to be an ass about this...

The Scenario
Oh, you wanted miniature stars? Fine, it's called the sunburst. Meteor showers, on the other hand, have never been a problem for Samus. Just ask Gorea. He got a face full of Omega Canon when he tried it. Spazer rain is more or less equal to meteor shower.

But just go ahead and post some feats; I'll get mine ready.

No End N Site
Sunburt is not a star at all. Megaman can Meteor Shower with real meteors over and over, Samus is not fighting Gorea. And Spazer Rain is not equal to an actual Meteor Shower.

MooCowofJustice
Metroid Prime 2. It's known as the darkburst. Of course, it's not really a black hole, but more of a dimensional portal that sucks in and rips apart the molecular structure of things. So sorta like a black hole, but not really. And the Gravity Suit kinda ignores gravity effects. It's what it does.

The time stop is the only thing Megaman can't do that Samus can't replicate. But I'd say she's much more durable.

If it's a weapon she has then that wouldn't count. Otherwise Ratchet and Commander Shepard can also tank black holes.

And all I remember the Gravity Suit ever doing was letting you move normally in liquids.

The Scenario
Before we go any further.

Can Megaman take electricity in the trillions of watts? Near Absolute Zero Cold? Armor peircing plasma? How about all three at the same time in a six foot wall?

This is Samus' basic weapon. And the sunburst is a miniature star. Much hotter than plasma and incinerates whatever it comes into contact with. Can you prove that Megaman has actual mini stars as well? And real meteors?

MooCowofJustice
IF you're quoting stuff from the Manga, I'm pretty sure that doesn't count because it's a fanmade manga.

The Scenario
Actually, the Manga is officially recognized as canon. But, no, I'm not not using it. This is mostly Metroid Prime series stuff. Scan data directly from the games. I got quotes.

"The VOLT DRIVER draws energy from the planetary electromagnetic field and converts it into multi-terawatt bursts of HIGHVOLTAGE." A terawatt is is 1 trillion watts and 3 terawatts is enough to power the entire United States for a year (all of human civilization uses 15 terawatts a year.) So yeah, Samus is pulling out that kind of energy for a basic weapon.

"The JUDICATOR is powered by cold-fusion synthesis. It fires SUPERCOOLED PLASMA at temperatures approaching absolute zero." Absolute Zero is the coldest state imaginable. It's impossible to reach without breaking physics and freezing all of reality. Just getting close causes quantum effects I'd need a physicist to explain. It's roughly -459.67 degrees Fahrenhiet.

"The BATTLEHAMMER is powered by a miniature nuclear reactor. This HEAVY-DUTY repeater is recommended only for those familiar with high-caliber weaponry." Not much to say for this one. It's a rapid fire mini nuke.

"The MAGMAUL, powered by a hyperstatic hydrogen core, fires cohesive projectiles of SUPERHEATED MAGMA." Not much for this one, either. I think I recall hydrogen cores being found in stars, but I'm not positive about that one.

"This proscribed weapon of mass destruction was called an abomination by the ALIMBIC ELDERS because of the harm it could inflict on anyone desperate enough to use it." This the Omega Cannon.

"The Quadraxis went rogue and entered the service of the Ing. Its primary weapon system fires destructive matter-antimatter blasts." This is actually an enemy, not a weapon, but Samus steals that matter-antimatter cannon for use as the Annihilator Beam.

"Warrior Ing are challenging foes. They can render themselves into amorphous puddles and move over most terrain, including walls. Warrior Ing's can turn their bodies into dangerous projectiles sheathed in dark energy. The tips of their legs are razor sharp, making them formidable in melee. Finally, Warrior Ing are capable of channelling transdimensional energy and firing it at their enemies. Their only real weakness is bright, pure light, which they hate and fear." This is another enemy, but I feel I should point out that 'transdimensional' means beyond dimensions. They basically rip a hole in space to attack.

That's pretty much it.

Cyner
I think I like this Scenario guy

Samus <3

No End N Site
Wait, wait, wait...are we talking about composite versions of Megaman and Samus because alot of those weapons for Samus come from newer games? If we are talking about composite forms, MEGAMAN DESTROYZ...if not, I think it's a tie.

I mean the Megaman from Star Force soloed Sirius and that dude can make black wholes that swallow stars and planets. Megaman even has a form called Black Galaxy End.

The Scenario
Sirius cannot make black holes. He only controls the server created from one and never uses it against Mega Man. That isn't really an accurate measure of his power or durability. Sirius used lasers and wing blades in battle.

And I listed those weapons just to give you an idea of Samus and the Metroid series in general's firepower. Those kinds of things are fairly common. Samus' variants, being Chozo designed, are much stronger. The Wave Beam, for instance, is superior to the Volt Driver with the additional power to simply bypass solid matter. Her Plasma Beam is superior to the Magmaul and can pierce through multiple targets and hit multiple times internally. The Ice Beam is superior to the Judicator, meaning closer to absolute zero and can freeze things solid to the point where a single missile can shatter them.

The interesting thing, though, is that the Wave, Plasma, and Ice beams can stack on top of each other. Add in the spazer/wide beam, which splits each shot into three separate blasts that cover about six feet, and you have a wall of beams that pierces armor, hits multiple times (and internally), and freezes things. As Samus' primary uncharged weapon.

Cyner
The difference here is that Mega Man is separate forms, Mega Man, Mega Man X, and the Mega Man from battle network are all different a different Mega Man. Samus is the same person throughout all her games so her stacking her powers from every game makes a lot more sense(and is even canon if you look at the transition from Super Metroid to Metroid Fusion).

No End N Site
Sirius cannot make black holes. He only controls the server created from one and never uses it against Mega Man. That isn't really an accurate measure of his power or durability. Sirius used lasers and wing blades in battle.

And I listed those weapons just to give you an idea of Samus and the Metroid series in general's firepower. Those kinds of things are fairly common. Samus' variants, being Chozo designed, are much stronger. The Wave Beam, for instance, is superior to the Volt Driver with the additional power to simply bypass solid matter. Her Plasma Beam is superior to the Magmaul and can pierce through multiple targets and hit multiple times internally. The Ice Beam is superior to the Judicator, meaning closer to absolute zero and can freeze things solid to the point where a single missile can shatter them.

The interesting thing, though, is that the Wave, Plasma, and Ice beams can stack on top of each other. Add in the spazer/wide beam, which splits each shot into three separate blasts that cover about six feet, and you have a wall of beams that pierces armor, hits multiple times (and internally), and freezes things. As Samus' primary uncharged weapon.

You are wrong...

Sirius is a character of the MegaMan Star Force series, and appears as the secret boss of MegaMan Star Force 3. He is the controller of a black hole, and uses it to attack other planets and stars, sucking them up and adding them to his "collection".

In order to even reach Sirius you must travel through the super massive black hole in the center of our galaxy. If MM can survive the very core of our galaxy there is no point in trying to use a normal one to kill him.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Sirius

It doesn't matter why you brought up those weapons, they can't be used in this fight...

No End N Site
Originally posted by Cyner
The difference here is that Mega Man is separate forms, Mega Man, Mega Man X, and the Mega Man from battle network are all different a different Mega Man. Samus is the same person throughout all her games so her stacking her powers from every game makes a lot more sense(and is even canon if you look at the transition from Super Metroid to Metroid Fusion).

Actually, all the MMs take place in the same universe at different points in time. Every MM is just a reincarnation of the last one.

Cyner
Originally posted by No End N Site
Actually, all the MMs take place in the same universe at different points in time. Every MM is just a reincarnation of the last one.

So they are different Mega Man's. If reincarnation = same person then composite Link should be used for every thread with Link in it.

I believe the OP is using the first Mega Man in this debate. So we should stick with the feats for whichever version is chosen.

No End N Site

I believe the OP is using the first Mega Man in this debate. So we should stick with the feats for whichever version is chosen. Exactly, and we should do the same for Samus, right? Only the weapons in the games the OP mentioned.

LLLLLink
If reincarnation = same person then composite Link should be used for every thread with Link in it.

Link somehow gets mentioned in every thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Scenario
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hole_Server

Black hole server =/= actual black hole

And I brought up the weapons for comparison purposes. In the OP, Samus has her NES and SNES equipment. This includes the Wave Beam and Ice Beam for NES. Wave Beam (+matter ignoring) > Volt Driver > Humanity's energy comsumption. Ice Beam < Judicator > Absolute Zero. And the Screw Attack for one hit kills on non bosses. That's just the original NES Metroid.

SNES equipment, from Super Metroid, incudes that PlasmaSpazerWaveIce Beam that I brought up earlier. The one that bypasses matter, strikes multiple targets, strikes the same target multiple times, and freezes them. In a six foot tall blast. It also includes the Speed Booster and Screw Attack, both one hit kills to non bosses, and the Space Jump, so she can fly. Also includes Power Bombs, which damage the whole screen. And the Ice, Electricity, and Plasma shields, as well as the Spazer Rain. Too bad the OP disqualified the Hyper Beam.

None of that stuff is from the newer games, but is still just as powerful if not moreso than those listed before. And if we're using the NES and SNES rules, that also disqualifies MegaMan Star Force. He's just got the original stuff, just like Samus.

No End N Site

Black hole server =/= actual black hole

And I brought up the weapons for comparison purposes. In the OP, Samus has her NES and SNES equipment. This includes the Wave Beam and Ice Beam for NES. Wave Beam (+matter ignoring) > Volt Driver > Humanity's energy comsumption. Ice Beam < Judicator > Absolute Zero. And the Screw Attack for one hit kills on non bosses. That's just the original NES Metroid.

SNES equipment, from Super Metroid, incudes that PlasmaSpazerWaveIce Beam that I brought up earlier. The one that bypasses matter, strikes multiple targets, strikes the same target multiple times, and freezes them. In a six foot tall blast. It also includes the Speed Booster and Screw Attack, both one hit kills to non bosses, and the Space Jump, so she can fly. Also includes Power Bombs, which damage the whole screen. And the Ice, Electricity, and Plasma shields, as well as the Spazer Rain. Too bad the OP disqualified the Hyper Beam.

None of that stuff is from the newer games, but is still just as powerful if not moreso than those listed before. And if we're using the NES and SNES rules, that also disqualifies MegaMan Star Force. He's just got the original stuff, just like Samus.

Wrong again, if you had just looked a little bit more, you woulda seen...

Omega-Xis notes to Geo that the area around the server is near the center of the galaxy, which would make the Black Hole Server's identity that of Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.

"Servers" are nothing more than a "space" in the world where EM Beings can exist.

None of what you said about NES weapons comparing to the laters ones can be proven and is just mere fan assumption. Mega man even in the NES days can still stop time.

General Kaliero
None of what you said about NES weapons comparing to the laters ones can be proven and is just mere fan assumption. Mega man even in the NES days can still stop time.
It can be proven, though. Except for the ice beam being occasionally replaced by ice missiles for Samus' personal safety, the weapons and their abilities remain effectively the same. The Wave Beam of Metroid Fusion (chronological end of the series) is the same as the Wave Beam of NES Metroid. Same for the Ice Beam. Which weapons Samus gets may change, but for the most part the weapons themselves do not.

No End N Site
Originally posted by General Kaliero
It can be proven, though. Except for the ice beam being occasionally replaced by ice missiles for Samus' personal safety, the weapons and their abilities remain effectively the same. The Wave Beam of Metroid Fusion (chronological end of the series) is the same as the Wave Beam of NES Metroid. Same for the Ice Beam. Which weapons Samus gets may change, but for the most part the weapons themselves do not. I think I may have used the wrong wording. He listed Volt Driver, Judicator, Battle Hammer, and Magmul. Those weapons are in Hunter and not the NES Metroid. Hunter is after the 1st Metroid and is on the DS, not the NES.

Now, if your saying that the weapons in Hunter do the same things as some of the weapons in the OG Metrod, thus the weapons are the same then, The weapon's and their abilities remain mostly the same for game gameplay purposes. Where does it say that X weapon is equal to Y weapon in the actual story? I would assume that Later Metroid = later in time, thus, more advanced weapons.

Also, does this mean I can use Mega Man Powered Up? It's just a enhanced remake of the 1st Mega Man.

The Scenario
The Metroid timeline has some wierd stuff going on. Metroid Prime: Hunters takes place after the original Metroid and before Super Metroid. The Ice and Wave beams remain the same, however. This is because the Ice and Wave beams are Chozo designed and are actually several hundred years old. The Chozo were at least 1000 years ahead of everyone when they were at their prime and, as of the current timeline, no one has caught up yet. Even though those weapons came later, they are still inferior to the Chozo designs.

That's what I'm saying here. The average technology of the Metroid universe can put the combined electrical energy of the United States into what amounts to a pistol. They use this energy to open doors. DOORS. And the Chozo weapons are still superior, despite being built thousands of years ago. Chozo doors can require somewhere between 5-20 MISSILES to open.

There's also a few feats. The Judicator can kill a creature made of lava pretty easily. The Ice Beam can freeze it solid. The Volt Driver mostly deals damage. The Wave beam deals more damage and can pass through walls. The Magmaul is like a grennade launcher except it fires magma. The plasma beam can hit something up to three times on the inside and outside and then go on the hit the guys standing behind whatever was hit.

Acrosurge
... oh, hi Scenario! Long time. Still fighting the good fight? smile

I dunno if I need to reiterate my stance on this battle. Overall, Mega Man vs Samus is a bit more balanced than Mega Man X vs Samus. In general, I think either could win over the other.

The battles are broken down by games, and my opinions are thus:

NES: Mega Man simply has more weapons he can access, including time stops, continuum twists, and tornadoes. Then, there's his strength to account for. I'd give Mega Man the odds in this arena, though Samus could win as well.

SNES: Mega Man's weapons are restricted and he doesn't have time stops here. He also doesn't have as many E Tanks, M Tanks, or S Tanks. I think Samus could take a majority in this arena, especially since Mega Man doesn't have as many options to counter her greater speed.

MvC: Tossup. They'd likely be balanced so either could win.

SBB: See above.

XanatosForever
Now that's cool. I like how the resident Rock expert and "new" Samus expert are acquainted. Good times. laughing

To stay on topic, I think Samus would be the majority, but it certainly wouldn't be a stomp in either combatant's favor.

The Scenario
Oh wow. I didn't know you were a regular here, Acrosurge. I just sorta stumbled upon it.

And I agree for the most part. NES Samus is rather limited, with only the Ice Beam, Wave Beam, Missiles, Bombs, and Screw Attack. Plus the Varia Suit and Morph ball, of course.

SNES Samus has the much more familiar arsenal and a pretty powerful one at that. Yeah, this one is pretty much a tie.

Oh, and I want ask your opinion on the Black Hole Server point. It's not even a part of this battle, but I'm curious. From what I've gathered, it's supposed to be a supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy. Yet it does not behave as such. From what I've read, it is able to reconstruct EM beings, was unable to destroy Planet AM, and doesn't affect those capable of EM Wave Change. Is that right? Mostly because I don't think it's a legitimate feat, is all.

No End N Site
I don't see how this whole Black Hole Sever bit can be denied. Omega Xi clearly states what is in the article. A server at the core of the black whole in the center of our galaxy.

It states in both the articles and games that Sirius adds planets and stars to his collection with the use of a black whole.

The Scenario
And black holes are massive gravity wells that attract and crush things into an ultra dense point the size of a grape. Getting near one results in spaghettification. That is, the part of you that's closer to it gets stretched and ripped apart, becoming very thin like spaghetti, before being crushed by gravity into the aforementioned grape. It's the official term. Spagettified. Even going lightspeed can't escape this, as the gravity is so intense that it bends and sucks in light itself. It's black because not even light is able to escape.

Anyway, the black hole server displays none of this.

No End N Site
I am aware of all of that, but you do realize that it's a video game?

Star Force Megaman>SUPER MASSIVE Black Hole. He is durable enough to survive it like it doesn't even exist.

The Scenario
That simply doesn't work. That black hole failed to destroy Planet AM. Megaman is still damaged by things weaker than it. You said a server was a place where EM beings could exist, right? Occam's razor would dictate that the server simply does not share the properties of a real black hole.

No End N Site
That simply doesn't work. That black hole failed to destroy Planet AM. Megaman is still damaged by things weaker than it. You said a server was a place where EM beings could exist, right? Occam's razor would dictate that the server simply does not share the properties of a real black hole.

He never used the black whole on Planet AM. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe many of the attacks in Star Force are stronger than black holes? Also, you can't fight Sirius until later in the game. By the time you get to Sirius MM is leaps and bounds stronger than he was before.

Also, let me say this again...YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL THROUGH SAGITTARIUS A* (SUPER MASSIVE black hole) to get to the server which is in the center of the hole. And I can't believe you are so bent on tearing down Mega Man that you would attempt to use real life logic to explain away a clear event that happened in a fictional world. I could easily use Occam's Razor to explain away most of what you said about Samus or any character for that matter. This version of MM isn't even in this fight so I don't understand why it is so important to you to deny this version of Mega Man his rightful feats.

The Scenario
If you have weapons stronger than a black hole, why use the black hole? Seriously, Megaman can survive in the black hole server, but the black hole server does not display the traits of a black hole. You are saying that Megaman can survive a fictional black hole that he could survive one that actually acts like a black hole. This is not true. Have you considered that perhaps black holes in Megaman Star Force have different properties than they do in real life?

I for one have seen them used as wormholes in other fiction, something that is absolute bull, but works because that black hole has different properties from a real one. Megaman Star Force black holes do not behave like actual black holes, so saying that Megaman could survive an actual black hole is fallacious. He can survive the black hole server, and that is all.

No End N Site
Whatever man, I'm not gonna argue wit you about this. This has nothin' to do with the thread at hand and I already posted clear evidence that states the truth on the matter. "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts."

Phanteros
No End in site, if that's your best rebuttal then Samus obviously wins.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Phanteros
No End in site, if that's your best rebuttal then Samus obviously wins.

I just don't feel like arguing any more, it's lame. I already posted the link saying that the gate way to the Black Hole Server is in the center of Sagittarius A*(http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hole_Server) and Sirius can summon up a black hole to absorb stars and planets (http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Sirius). What more do I need to say? Furthermore, this thread isn't even about him.

If after all that you think Samus "obliviously" beats Omega-Xi+Geo version of Mega Man, then hey, whatever... I don't care anymore.

Acrosurge
Oh wow. I didn't know you were a regular here, Acrosurge. I just sorta stumbled upon it...

Oh, and I want ask your opinion on the Black Hole Server point. It's not even a part of this battle, but I'm curious. From what I've gathered, it's supposed to be a supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy. Yet it does not behave as such. From what I've read, it is able to reconstruct EM beings, was unable to destroy Planet AM, and doesn't affect those capable of EM Wave Change. Is that right? Mostly because I don't think it's a legitimate feat, is all. Yup. I've been here for several years. These silly vs boards are rather like a bad addiction, so I have to step back every once and a while. wink Welcome! If you decide to stay, I insist that you get a cool Metroid ava and sig, like your MovieCodec one!

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the Starforce Black Hole Server question. I own Mega Man Battle Network 1 and 2, but for the most part, because the BN series and the Starforce series exist as a separate universe from the Classic Mega Man (and X, Zero, ZX, and Legends), I mostly ignore it. I'm not sure how it has any bearing on this topic anyway, since the OP limits it to the NES, SNES, MvC, and SBB games.

I will say that there are several Robot Masters from the Mega Man and X series who use singularities/gravity wells as weapons (and by extension, both Mega Man and X have copied such techniques). This list includes the robots Saturn, Galaxy Man, Gravity Beetle, and Antonion. We don't really know how these weapons compare to a stellar black hole, and so equating them is fallacious. The same goes for equating Samus's Darkburst with a stellar black hole. The two just aren't the same in construction, scope, or power.

We do however know that Gravity Beetle could completely collapse a large city block into a single Gravity Well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hKp9JT5lo

In addition, Gravity Antonion's Squeeze Bomb singularities could swallow nearly any physical or energy weapon, even from a distance. He could also rapidly coalesce super-dense blocks of matter (10x10x10 ft of material) with gravity wells (Vid clip of interest - 05:13):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7qjPjYfpE

P.S.
Ugh. Someone replaced the music in that last vid. Its Rockman people, NOT Discoman!

The Scenario
Yes, it looks fun here, so I think I'll stay a little while.

And I've played some of the Battle Networf games, too, but Star Force taking place 200 years after it seems jarring. I'm still pretty sure that the server differrs extensively from a black hole. For smaller ones, their strength is based in the amount of matter that is supercondensed, so there's really no way to tell.

Also, Samus' Darkburst is only "similar" to a black hole. In reality, it's a dimensional portal that rips things apart before sucking them into a hole in space.

But BACK ON TOPIC , I say NES Megaman wins, and SNES Samus wins. Other two are toss ups, but I say Samus just because I can.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Yup. I've been here for several years. These silly vs boards are rather like a bad addiction, so I have to step back every once and a while. wink Welcome! If you decide to stay, I insist that you get a cool Metroid ava and sig, like your MovieCodec one!

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the Starforce Black Hole Server question. I own Mega Man Battle Network 1 and 2, but for the most part, because the BN series and the Starforce series exist as a separate universe from the Classic Mega Man (and X, Zero, ZX, and Legends), I mostly ignore it. I'm not sure how it has any bearing on this topic anyway, since the OP limits it to the NES, SNES, MvC, and SBB games.

I will say that there are several Robot Masters from the Mega Man and X series who use singularities/gravity wells as weapons (and by extension, both Mega Man and X have copied such techniques). This list includes the robots Saturn, Galaxy Man, Gravity Beetle, and Antonion. We don't really know how these weapons compare to a stellar black hole, and so equating them is fallacious. The same goes for equating Samus's Darkburst with a stellar black hole. The two just aren't the same in construction, scope, or power.

We do however know that Gravity Beetle could completely collapse a large city block into a single Gravity Well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hKp9JT5lo

In addition, Gravity Antonion's Squeeze Bomb singularities could swallow nearly any physical or energy weapon, even from a distance. He could also rapidly coalesce super-dense blocks of matter (10x10x10 ft of material) with gravity wells (Vid clip of interest - 05:13):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7qjPjYfpE

P.S.
Ugh. Someone replaced the music in that last vid. Its Rockman people, NOT Discoman!
You never played Starforce?! Man, those games are pretty good not any where near as good as the old school Mega Man games, tho. That Mega Man is the most powerful Mega man to date, read the links I posted, you'll see.

Acrosurge
You never played Starforce?! Man, those games are pretty good not any where near as good as the old school Mega Man games, tho. That Mega Man is the most powerful Mega man to date, read the links I posted, you'll see. I can see that you and I will probably have a serious argument sometime in the future. I'm of the opinion that X becomes the most powerful Mega Man character in the franchise. But that's another battle for another time. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.