The Ray vs Professor Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Ray Terrill fight Professor Hulk.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/204892-134827-the-ray_super.jpg

vs

http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/characters/hulk-inc-professor.jpg

No BFR.

Kris Blaze
No one?

Draco69
The Ray in a horrific curbstomp....

Spite.

Wild Shadow
the ray draws all the gamma radiation from hulk, if hulk manages to hit ray no biggie cause he is pure energy.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the ray draws all the gamma radiation from hulk, if hulk manages to hit ray no biggie cause he is pure energy.

He can convert himself into light; not "pure energy." He's been hit plenty of times and beaten. He was taken down by conventional military forces in the "World War Three" Arc (the real one, not the shitty Black Adam one).

And "drawing gamma radiation" is not a power he has. He can manipulate light not any form of energy at all.

Wild Shadow
keep thinking as ray as an adult when he went into the future when he kill captain atom..

still say he can win, when fully powered up he cant be hurt lobo tried and failed his fist just went through.

ray can just blast him all day so long that it is day light.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
keep thinking as ray as an adult when he went into the future when he kill captain atom..

still say he can win, when fully powered up he cant be hurt lobo tried and failed his fist just went through.

ray can just blast him all day so long that it is day light.

I'm not disagreeing that he's capable of winning, just on the tactics you cited in your initial post. They're completely outside his current power range.

Draco69
Originally posted by tjcoady
He can convert himself into light; not "pure energy." He's been hit plenty of times and beaten. He was taken down by conventional military forces in the "World War Three" Arc (the real one, not the shitty Black Adam one).

And "drawing gamma radiation" is not a power he has. He can manipulate light not any form of energy at all.

Wrong.

The Ray can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and can turn into any type of energy he wants.

As seen in Final Crisis when he transforms into a beam of light and Zeta energy that was used to teleport the remaining survivors from the JLA headquarters.

He can also absorb, channel or defuse any type of energy he comes across. He has even managed to 'absorb' Speedforce energy from Wally.

In WWIII, he got punked by Batman because A) He's the goddamn Batman and B) he was being mindcontrolled by Triumph.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Draco69
Wrong.

The Ray can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and can turn into any type of energy he wants.

As seen in Final Crisis when he transforms into a beam of light and Zeta energy that was used to teleport the remaining survivors from the JLA headquarters.

He can also absorb, channel or defuse any type of energy he comes across. He has even managed to 'absorb' Speedforce energy from Wally.

In WWIII, he got punked by Batman because A) He's the goddamn Batman and B) he was being mindcontrolled by Triumph.

I understand you're more knowledgeable than most when it comes to DC canon, but, while I have seen Ray transform into Zeta and JLA teleporter signals energy (only ever in Final Crisis), the only part of the electromagnetic spectrum I have ever seen him manipulate is light- and this is subject to the amount of ambient light around him.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I've just never seen a Ray appearance when he's manipulated energy in such a way as drawing gamma radiation out of someone. Has he ever even pulled a similar trick on a Kryptonian, drawing yellow sun radiation out of them?

Not trying to be argumentative- The Ray is a character I'm only familiar with from his time in the JLA and Young Justice- I've never read his own series.

Draco69
Originally posted by tjcoady
I understand you're more knowledgeable than most when it comes to DC canon, but, while I have seen Ray transform into Zeta and JLA teleporter signals energy (only ever in Final Crisis), the only part of the electromagnetic spectrum I have ever seen him manipulate is light- and this is subject to the amount of ambient light around him.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I've just never seen a Ray appearance when he's manipulated energy in such a way as drawing gamma radiation out of someone. Has he ever even pulled a similar trick on a Kryptonian, drawing yellow sun radiation out of them?

Not trying to be argumentative- The Ray is a character I'm only familiar with from his time in the JLA and Young Justice- I've never read his own series.

The Ray has little screen time (which is damn sad) but he's had good recent showings in Freedom Fighters where he's forced to absorb the energy of a nuclear blast from the Human Bomb who couldn't control his power.

The Ray started out only with the ability to manipulate light until he discovered he could manipulate the entire magnetic spectrum.

His only apparent limitations are he rarely seems to be able to conjure it up himself. A source must be nearby for him to 'copy'.

The closest thing he's come to absorbing energy is absorbing Speed Force energy from Wally and absorbing the energy of Green Lantern ring from Kyle.

He's never tangled with Superman to my knowledge.

Wild Shadow
the ray had a dream induced by his computer program creation where it killed the jla and used its power to draw supermans solar energy.

Kris Blaze
The Ray has little screen time (which is damn sad) but he's had good recent showings in Freedom Fighters where he's forced to absorb the energy of a nuclear blast from the Human Bomb who couldn't control his power.

The Ray started out only with the ability to manipulate light until he discovered he could manipulate the entire magnetic spectrum.

His only apparent limitations are he rarely seems to be able to conjure it up himself. A source must be nearby for him to 'copy'.

The closest thing he's come to absorbing energy is absorbing Speed Force energy from Wally and absorbing the energy of Green Lantern ring from Kyle.

The ray spent maybe 1 or 2 issues as a member of Young Justice and JLA, it was nothing permanent I think. So far I've only read his own limited series and his appearance in Uncle Sam and the freedom fighters. And of course his short appearances in Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis.

He's definitely one of my new DC favourites.

tjcoady

Ah.

I had no idea he's pulled that against Wally or Kyle.

If he can pull that off against Speed Force or Oan-will energy, then, yeah, he could definitely draw out gamma radiation.

Kris Blaze
Interesting.

xJLxKing
Ray quickly too!

Kris Blaze
hmmm

Wild Shadow
ray ftw.

iceman24567
Ray it seems like

Enyalus
Was stated that Hulk has an unlimited source of gamma to draw upon and he's overloaded others who have tried to absorb it in the past.

Still...since this is Professor Hulk and he's not going to get as irrational as other versions, Ray wins.

iceman24567
Hes also been sapped before

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Enyalus
Was stated that Hulk has an unlimited source of gamma to draw upon and he's overloaded others who have tried to absorb it in the past.

Still...since this is Professor Hulk and he's not going to get as irrational as other versions, Ray wins.

Didn't overload Titannus.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't overload Titannus.
Or Surfer.

But its overloaded The Leader and his machines before, etc.

iceman24567
Machines <<<< Man ask John Conner erm

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
Or Surfer.

But its overloaded The Leader and his machines before, etc.

Didn't seem unlimited when he was fighting The Sentry.

The Pict
The Ray ftw

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Didn't seem unlimited when he was fighting The Sentry.
Was that a gamma burn out or was it because Sentry's aura calmed him down enough to shift back to Banner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.