Raiden (MK) vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Who wins?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bentley
Who wins?
Superman because he fast & strong

carver9
Superman one shots him.

jinzin
Originally posted by carver9
Superman one shots him. laughing out loud Kinda hard to do do a guy who's composed of coporial lightning.. Though I do agree to say Superman wins, it's not a one sided curbstomp.

ThunderGodEneru
Yes, it is.

Before Raiden forms a coherent thought Raiden is splattered by a holding back Superman's fist.

Bentley
Supes has an historical weakness against electricity.

ThunderGodEneru
Which Raiden would not have a chance to get off.

jinzin
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Yes, it is.

Before Raiden forms a coherent thought Raiden is splattered by a holding back Superman's fist. You do of course realize that you can't "harm" raiden? Any damage he sustains even complete destruction, he can reform in moments like ghost rider. erm

ThunderGodEneru
Shang Tsung and Quanchi knocked him out. no expression

quanchi112
Shang Tsung and Quanchi knocked him out. no expression He came back almost immediately and then sacrificed himself to come back.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by quanchi112
He came back almost immediately and then sacrificed himself to come back. He came back after a few minutes when Quan and Tsung were fighting Onaga, was pwned by Onaga, and then he blew himself up and failed to kill Onaga.

jinzin
he was in outworld, don't you know anything about mortal kombat?

ThunderGodEneru
He was in Outworld?

I can't remember that.

And yes I know Outworld weakens him.

jinzin
He was in Outworld?

I can't remember that.

And yes I know Outworld weakens him. Were the hell do you think Onaga's throneroom was? What the f**k?

Jynocidus
THat whole game is corny, and Wonder Woman's hair doesn't even move. This is supposed to be 7th gen gaming wtf

jinzin
What? Her hair doesn't move?
I never realized.. I wasn't looking at her hair...

On the other hand it IS fun as hell.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
You do of course realize that you can't "harm" raiden? Any damage he sustains even complete destruction, he can reform in moments like ghost rider. erm yet he couldn't beat Tsung?

I'm Bran
You do of course realize that you can't "harm" raiden? Any damage he sustains even complete destruction, he can reform in moments like ghost rider. erm
How does Superman win then?
laughing out loud Kinda hard to do do a guy who's composed of coporial lightning.. Though I do agree to say Superman wins, it's not a one sided curbstomp.

quanchi112
He came back after a few minutes when Quan and Tsung were fighting Onaga, was pwned by Onaga, and then he blew himself up and failed to kill Onaga. Maybe two minutes tops. That is pretty quickly considering he was fatalitied by tsung and quan.

Onaga was powered by the kamidogu at the time.

I'm Bran
Onaga was powered by the kamidogu at the time. Onaga is immune to blasts...

And I don't recall him being powered by them at that time, but I do recall him grabbing the amulet after. He was at normal levels when he came back.

quanchi112
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Onaga is immune to blasts...

And I don't recall him being powered by them at that time, but I do recall him grabbing the amulet after. He was at normal levels when he came back. How is he immune to blasts?

He grabbed quan's amulet but had the kamidogu at the time.

I'm Bran
How is he immune to blasts?

He grabbed quan's amulet but had the kamidogu at the time. That's what it said in Deception iirc.

iirc he gathered the Kamidogu after that happened. He was only in/was Reptile's body at that time. Meh, either way, I don't think they added anything unless they were fused together.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Starscream M
yet he couldn't beat Tsung?

was under the impression the reason why tsung and quan could hurt raiden was due to their magical powers. often the only characters you see doing any damage to raiden are ones with serious magic mojo. and raiden always comes back.

guy is made of light and has lightning mojo. i dont think he crushes superman but i think he has a better shot than most think.

Jynocidus
Wonder Woman's hair is so stiff, I think Raiden can take the match.

Silent Guardian
Even though Raiden is magic, Superman still wins

Final Blaxican
So Superman can't kill Raiden,

Great. Superman stands in one spot laughing at Raiden's pathetic attempts to harm him for all of eternity.

The end. no expression

Bentley
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
So Superman can't kill Raiden,

Great. Superman stands in one spot laughing at Raiden's pathetic attempts to harm him for all of eternity.

The end. no expression

Supes is weak to electricity and to magic, so...

skygunner41

sick

jinzin
Originally posted by Starscream M
yet he couldn't beat Tsung? In outworld as a mortal while tsung was feeding from the millions of souls in the soul tombs and quan chi was using Shinnok's power through an amulet.... gee I wonder why. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
How does Superman win then? Freeze breath was the first thing that came to my mind.

Raoul

from where? seriously?

Kris Blaze

Maybe in the 1980s.....

Philosophía
Yeah, look at Superman being weak to electricity, in the Byrne era no-less.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_SupermanElectricity.jpg

Raoul
the only time i recall recently was going up against livewire in action 835. she did hurt him, that's true, but a) he had just been fighting the magical queen of fables (i think thats her name), and b) superman said himself that livewire had enough juice to power metropolis... and she was still only stunning him.

Eternal Idol
At this point, I can't imagine Superman being too enthusiastic about fighting crime on DC Earth. I may be wrong on this, but it seems to me like not many there are really a challenge--as if it's a chore he can't avoid, like taking out the trash.

Superman casually saving the day... again.

I do think Raiden might be able to edge out a majority over Superman, due to his magic-based powers.

Eel O'Brien
superman can't lose, as the bleed is now part of his body

Raoul
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

laughing

Bentley
I think that physically, lighting is one of the best ways to attack Supes, aside from Limewire, there is the Dark Knight returns where Bats uses electricity and sonics, based in real biologic realities of living beings, as to attack the synapses and Kal's super hearing. I know its not cannon, but I don't think its going to be the one time this happened.

Eel O'Brien
During Hush, Batman used all the electricity in Metropolis to stun Supes. It was just momentary.

I'm sure Superman would feel Raiden's blasts, but it would take a long time before they actually wore him down.

batdude123

Where are you getting this information from, son?

Bentley
Originally posted by batdude123
Where are you getting this information from, son?

From Batman.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by batdude123
Where are you getting this information from, son? oh no... you. sad

batdude123
From Batman.

Come again?

oh no... you. sad

uhuh

jasofisc

for reall since when? I'm sure your right it's just man can't they ever just let superman be superman. Well anyway normal superman in my opinion has a 50/50 chance of beating raiden. While supes is vunrable to magic it's not like it ko's him like krptonight. Raiden's lightning would hurt him though. I'm not very much into the whole MK lore but i do vaguely remember something in a comic where he showed to have the power to destroy a real. but really besides that I'm sure from what I've seen in some of the comic scans from people that have posed on this forum before that Raiden has more power then metropolis. Oh and by the way we should use some logic on the electric stun thing on hush. First of all it's not like all of the energy in metropolice was in that one breaker. that's just not possible but it was a pretty good amount. at least enough to blow the cricut breakers in the whole city. But were not talking about all the energy in all of that town. the lights came on I believe in a few panels after that. It's extreamly hard to compare a comic character with a game character. You mainly need to go by the story. And still that's hard.

jasofisc
Yes, it is.

Before Raiden forms a coherent thought Raiden is splattered by a holding back Superman's fist.

wow someone is greatly underestimating a non corporal electricity God whose body doesn't work like a humans and has no idea how fast he is. Oh and who is a God of MA and can teleport.

Ultimate Wil
spite thread

jasofisc
also I'm not exactly sure what we are useing as cannon for this. Is it the game, the movies, the comic, because each one makes a great difference.

jasofisc
I guess the way i look at it is if we are going form the games stand point. Well in Armageddon the prize was God like powers. So when a normal or enhance or superpower guy like sub zero or Liu kang won they became as powerful as raiden (or MK god). In Raiden's ending he would receive twice his power. In the twice as powerful stage he was able to destroy all the other realms. So if in just half that he should be able to destroy at least a planet or two. (the deception act of him blowing himself up not destroying he planet they were on can be explained as either bad writing or because raiden was weekend or because he didn't want to destroy the planet so just made his energy make a high intensfied field around a short area. like how supes can concentrate his heat vision into a small beam but have as much energy as his huge beams because he doesn't want all that much collateral damage.) but with all that said i still see raiden only with a 50/50 chance

Eel O'Brien
^ I think you're taking this a little too seriously, bud.

I was just kidding about the Bleed thing. Obviously he doesn't need it to toss a chump like Raiden...

jasofisc
^ I think you're taking this a little too seriously, bud.

I was just kidding about the Bleed thing. Obviously he doesn't need it to toss a chump like Raiden...

oh sorry thought you were being serous. and he would toss raiden i still stand by what I said about a 50/50 chance

Marvelknight
Superman ftw.

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by jasofisc
oh sorry thought you were being serous. and he would toss raiden i still stand by what I said about a 50/50 chance

and I stand by Supes tossing him like a chump. Let's agree to disagree... stick out tongue

jasofisc
and I stand by Supes tossing him like a chump. Let's agree to disagree... stick out tongue l

sound good I like your sig

Eel O'Brien
Thanks! I like yours too. The only thing that would make it better would be if that actually happened in one of the movies.

jasofisc
Thanks! I like yours too. The only thing that would make it better would be if that actually happened in one of the movies.

your telling me did you see the robot chicken where vader kills jar jar.

carnage52
get a room

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by jasofisc
your telling me did you see the robot chicken where vader kills jar jar. laughed SO hard when I saw that! About friggin time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.