Marvel Villains vs Darkseid (No ALE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Dr. Doom, Magneto, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, and Super-Skrull

vs

Darkseid

occultdestroyer
Darkseid

I'm Bran
Doom solos. Everyone else dies.

guy222
team

Mindset
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Doom solos. Everyone else dies. You are a very smart man.

Bouboumaster
team

TricksterPriest
A pantheon killing skyfather and possibly abstract, vs. a bunch of low heralds. This should be bloody freaking obvious.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
A pantheon killing skyfather and possibly abstract, vs. a bunch of low heralds. This should be bloody freaking obvious.....roll eyes (sarcastic) You are not a very smart man.

Jynocidus
Team wins. Doom and Mags as the leaders, with the rest following orders they can pull it off.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Jynocidus
Team wins. Doom and Mags as the leaders, with the rest following orders they can pull it off.

I'm sorry, I don't speak n00b. doped You meant to say, "Darkseid is a skyfather and way way faster, stronger, more versatile, more powerful, and the team has no business fighting someone on his level", right?

Starscream M
I'm sorry, I don't speak n00b. doped You meant to say, "Darkseid is a skyfather and way way faster, stronger, more versatile, more powerful, and the team has no business fighting someone on his level", right? are we talking about the same darkseid that has served as Superman's punching bag on more than one occasion?

I'm Bran
Darkseid is a skyfather and way way faster lol

Also at the Skyfather comment because at the level he's used for in threads, he's what? Superman level?

Jynocidus
lemme' lone. If I see the team working together to beat Darkseid then that's what it is foo'

Besides, Darkseid is too oogly to comprehend what's happening to him.

Jynocidus
Doom'll steal his powers anyway. Team ftw oldbie

Silent Guardian
Marvel villains easy. Darkseid goes crying home to mommy

tjcoady
lol

Also at the Skyfather comment because at the level he's used for in threads, he's what? Superman level?

Less than that, apparently. How many times have you seen scans posted of Supes explaining what a movie theater is to Darkseid (when he's crying about Kara) or blocking the Omega Sanction with freaking heat vision posted on here?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Jynocidus
Doom'll steal his powers anyway. Team ftw oldbie

Been done. Didn't work too well for Desaad or any of the other guys who tried, except Yuga.......ermm

Bentley
Mags redirects the Omega Effect like Firestorm did.

skyfather
Ds gets raped

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bentley
Mags redirects the Omega Effect like Firestorm did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
DS wins imo by 7/10. A lot of them BFR'd and he'll finish off the rest. Ooo and Trick no he isn't Skyfather level buddy keep dreaming. With NO ALE we've already seen what level he's at that is Supes level.

Zoron
LOL if anybody here has a chance against darkseid its my man Doom I mean he was able to steal powers form silver surfer,galactus, odin, plus thanos has to spy on doom & if thanos has to spy on doom then he must be a great threat doom could do the same with darkseid especailly if it were prep time some I going to say either doom would win or darkseid

Mindset
Originally posted by Zoron
LOL if anybody here has a chance against darkseid its my man Doom I mean he was able to steal powers form silver surfer,galactus, odin, plus thanos has to spy on doom & if thanos has to spy on doom then he must be a great threat doom could do the same with darkseid especailly if it were prep time some I going to say either doom would win or darkseid Why do you hate periods?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DS wins imo by 7/10. A lot of them BFR'd and he'll finish off the rest. Ooo and Trick no he isn't Skyfather level buddy keep dreaming. With NO ALE we've already seen what level he's at that is Supes level.

I wouldn't low ball Superman. Superman Beyond makes it pretty clear he's much more than you're making him out to be.

2nd, against anyone NOT named Superman, Darkseid dominates, easily. But you'd know that if you weren't a troll.

And yes he's a skyfather, considering he's the power source for Apokolips.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Why do you hate periods?

You should read The Alphabet of Manliness. Maddox's sentences are so manly they don't have periods.

On topic....Trick, that last sentence isn't exactly fair, is it? The Omega Force is what powers Apokolips, right? And while Darkseid controls it, he taps its power from the Omega Dimension.

Do I have my DC cosmology down right?

Allankles
Originally posted by tjcoady
Less than that, apparently. How many times have you seen scans posted of Supes explaining what a movie theater is to Darkseid (when he's crying about Kara) or blocking the Omega Sanction with freaking heat vision posted on here?

First of all Supes has never faced the Omega Sanction. Second, DS is the only one that control the Omega Force, Desaad already tried to steal it with the wonderstaff and realized that the Omega Force is DS's alone.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Enyalus
You should read The Alphabet of Manliness. Maddox's sentences are so manly they don't have periods.

On topic....Trick, that last sentence isn't exactly fair, is it? The Omega Force is what powers Apokolips, right? And while Darkseid controls it, he taps its power from the Omega Dimension.

Do I have my DC cosmology down right?

Wrong. there is no Omega Dimension. There was the Infinity Pit, where the Omega Force resided, prior to Darkseid absorbing the ENTIRE THING.

Darkseid's power is so vast, he can supply power to the entire planet. The Omega Force is basically the dark side of the Source, so you might as well claim he is tapping the Source itself. which fits 90-95% of the New Gods as well.

Enyalus
...you should hook me up for some badass Darkseid reading via PMs, TP. I'll be your friend forever.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I wouldn't low ball Superman. Superman Beyond makes it pretty clear he's much more than you're making him out to be.

2nd, against anyone NOT named Superman, Darkseid dominates, easily. But you'd know that if you weren't a troll.

And yes he's a skyfather, considering he's the power source for Apokolips.

Trick do you get the attention memo at the top of the board? Calling someone a troll because they disagree with you is pretty childish which is exactly what that memo was about. Now onto your arguments.... So, anyone not named superman huh..... So, that explains DD going to his "home planet" he's "powering" and getting wrecked in 3 punches? That explains Orion besting him? You can call supes, dd or Orion whatever you want but they aren't skyfathers and neither is DS. Now DS with the ALE and utilizing all his power I could see being skyfatherish. However, with the ALE he's gotten pwned by heralds in three punches and his home world taken. Skyfather.... Hardly.

While your sending that stuff to Eny plus send me some of this info as well as it would make for good reading. I have no issue with DS and actually like him as a character honestly. I think he's pretty damn powerful and he makes for a good storyline with his excellent scheming.

I'm Bran
What does Marvel: The End make Thanos out to be then?

I mean, if we're taking powerups/importance into consideration...

psycho gundam

And yes he's a skyfather, considering he's the power source for Apokolips. i remember dd three shotting him into a coma.
a little kid could have drawn a mustache on him with a marker after that fight.

Mindset
I'll be your friend forever. You're that desperate?

I'm Bran
...you should hook me up for some badass Darkseid reading via PMs, TP. I'll be your friend forever. I don't know if that can be arranged... he can hook you up with a badass respect thread link though.

Mindset
laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Trick do you get the attention memo at the top of the board? Calling someone a troll because they disagree with you is pretty childish which is exactly what that memo was about. Now onto your arguments.... So, anyone not named superman huh..... So, that explains DD going to his "home planet" he's "powering" and getting wrecked in 3 punches? That explains Orion besting him? You can call supes, dd or Orion whatever you want but they aren't skyfathers and neither is DS. Now DS with the ALE and utilizing all his power I could see being skyfatherish. However, with the ALE he's gotten pwned by heralds in three punches and his home world taken. Skyfather.... Hardly.

While your sending that stuff to Eny plus send me some of this info as well as it would make for good reading. I have no issue with DS and actually like him as a character honestly. I think he's pretty damn powerful and he makes for a good storyline with his excellent scheming.

The mods know what I think of that rule and how any attempt to slam me would be blatent hypocrisy. And you are a troll.

Doomsday getting there on his own is crap writing. But Darkseid did get a KO or a kill on him, something no one else in that story managed. And Doomsday evolved to kill Darkseid. Hardly a low showing.

When has Orion beat him in a straight fight outside of Countdown? NEVER.

Superman has 1, count it, 1 victory over DS with no extenuating circumstances. Also, Superman is never a low feat.

You seem to be forgetting that Darkseid is a legitimate powerhouse with genius intellect, higher awareness and control over space/time.

Bentley: Magneto>PC Firestorm? http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/5529/0/STFU_and_GTFO.ashx

Bran: Starlin wrote it. Nuff said. Whereas Superman's best are written by people with actual talent.

I'm Bran
Bran: Starlin wrote it. Nuff said. Whereas Superman's best are written by people with actual talent. You said nothing.

lol at hypocrisy though. You don't like it, it didn't happen. That is great logic no? Trick, isn't that awesome LOGIC! Trick, how sweet was that logic? Trick, what great logic? Etc.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
blatent hypocrisy

Starlin created some good Thanos stories. Thanos Quest. The Infinity Gauntlet. Etc. He's also the guy who had Thanos with the PG get knocked around by incredibly weaker opponents. Unlike other characters, Starlin actually likes to invest story into Thanos. His Thanos stories aren't comparable to anyone/thing else. Write it off because of a writer... but that writer created him (and thus the creator can tweak around until the character fits the creators grand view). And if we're going to write that off, then we might as well write Thanos off. Thanos was never created then. I may very well in the near future go to Marvel with an obscure character named Thanos, and tell them the deal with this character. Sounds insane doesn't it; me being a comic writer?

That's also funny on another level Trick, because you were backing Sun Dipped Superman in another thread. Terrible story. And an incredibly huge Superman fanboy wrote it.

The mods know what I think of that rule and how any attempt to slam me would be blatent hypocrisy. And you are a troll.

Doomsday getting there on his own is crap writing. But Darkseid did get a KO or a kill on him, something no one else in that story managed. And Doomsday evolved to kill Darkseid. Hardly a low showing.

When has Orion beat him in a straight fight outside of Countdown? NEVER.

Superman has 1, count it, 1 victory over DS with no extenuating circumstances. Also, Superman is never a low feat.

Bentley: Magneto>PC Firestorm? Trick, you'd think you'd be a little more held back after getting banned... twice. erm

Darkseid never got a kill on him until it's been proven. It hasn't been proven though has it?

Didn't he end up 'killing' Darkseid? Although he came back, but that's a win in my books...

He's also got a couple of stalemates, and times when he gets the upper hand... etc.
And just because you're being... bias towards Superman, that doesn't mean it's not a 'low feat'. If he's above Skyfather or whatever, then he shouldn't have that loss period.

He never said that Trick. He said that he does it like FS did. That doesn't mean he's anywhere near FS, it means he can do a similar feat. erm

Allankles
Bran: Starlin wrote it. Nuff said. Whereas Superman's best are written by people with actual talent.

laughing out loud

And what did The End matter to the future of MU anyway? FC >>>> The End in terms of importance to their respective companies.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Allankles
laughing out loud

And what did The End matter to the future of MU anyway? FC >>>> The End in terms of importance to their respective companies. Does it? It's not the future of DC after FC yet.

Or did you get advanced copies for the next three years of everything they wrote?

That logic is terrible as well, because it still happened, and technically, Marvel 616 got destroyed along with all the abstracts... I'd say uncorrected, that would have been way more important.

Allankles
Does it? It's not the future of DC after FC yet.

Or did you get advanced copies for the next three years of everything they wrote?

That logic is terrible as well, because it still happened, and technically, Marvel 616 got destroyed along with all the abstracts... I'd say uncorrected, that would have been way more important.

FC is the last "crisis" the dawning of a new reality much as IC shaped the DCU and COIE (even more before that). I don't see what The End changed or how its influence reverberated through the mainstream MU for years like COIE, IC (hell Identity Crisis).

Every crisis changes the entire structure of the DCU from the character versions to the way each reality is structured.

Silent Guardian
if out take out juggs and Apoc maybe I give DS a slim chance of victory

psycho gundam
wow, trick dissing jim starlin's talent as a writer.... that's a good one.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Allankles
FC is the last "crisis" the dawning of a new reality much as IC shaped the DCU and COIE (even more before that). I don't see what The End changed or how its influence reverberated through the mainstream MU for years like COIE, IC (hell Identity Crisis).

Every crisis changes the entire structure of the DCU from the character versions to the way each reality is structured. Assumptions then.

TricksterPriest
You said nothing.

lol at hypocrisy though. You don't like it, it didn't happen. That is great logic no? Trick, isn't that awesome LOGIC! Trick, how sweet was that logic? Trick, what great logic? Etc.

Starlin created some good Thanos stories. Thanos Quest. The Infinity Gauntlet. Etc. He's also the guy who had Thanos with the PG get knocked around by incredibly weaker opponents. Unlike other characters, Starlin actually likes to invest story into Thanos. His Thanos stories aren't comparable to anyone/thing else. Write it off because of a writer... but that writer created him (and thus the creator can tweak around until the character fits the creators grand view). And if we're going to write that off, then we might as well write Thanos off. Thanos was never created then. I may very well in the near future go to Marvel with an obscure character named Thanos, and tell them the deal with this character. Sounds insane doesn't it; me being a comic writer?

That's also funny on another level Trick, because you were backing Sun Dipped Superman in another thread. Terrible story. And an incredibly huge Superman fanboy wrote it.

Trick, you'd think you'd be a little more held back after getting banned... twice. erm

Darkseid never got a kill on him until it's been proven. It hasn't been proven though has it?

Didn't he end up 'killing' Darkseid? Although he came back, but that's a win in my books...

He's also got a couple of stalemates, and times when he gets the upper hand... etc.
And just because you're being... bias towards Superman, that doesn't mean it's not a 'low feat'. If he's above Skyfather or whatever, then he shouldn't have that loss period.

He never said that Trick. He said that he does it like FS did. That doesn't mean he's anywhere near FS, it means he can do a similar feat. erm

Give me a ****ing break. Thanos is by far the most wanked character on this forum. He also happens to be terribly written for someone supposedly at his level of importance.

I freely admit my bias towards Superman, both as a character and on this forum. But it's also a fact that DC seems to share said bias and gives we, the readers, good reason to back it up. So Casey was a huge superman fanboy. He at least doesn't demean other characters to make Superman look good. Are you really going to claim Superman of all people should be used as low feat? Not to mention the idea that DS and Superman have never fought while DS was in his true form.

And since no one since FS has done this maneuver, gee, ya think maybe you need to be PC level to do it? Cause Ronnie was rediculously powerful back in the day. I call BS on the idea of Mangeto of people redirecting the Omega Force.

Enyalus
The only good Crisis, story-wise, so far, was Infinite Crisis. COIE was off the wall and horribly boring through the entire first 6-7 issues, and FC went from lame, to cool, to being lame again...and Superman: Beyond 3D made no f*cking sense whatsoever, although his cosmic suit was pretty cool...

I'm Bran
Give me a ****ing break. Thanos is by far the most wanked character on this forum. He also happens to be terribly written for someone supposedly at his level of importance.

I freely admit my bias towards Superman, both as a character and on this forum. But it's also a fact that DC seems to share said bias and gives we, the readers, good reason to back it up. So Casey was a huge superman fanboy. He at least doesn't demean other characters to make Superman look good. Are you really going to claim Superman of all people should be used as low feat? Not to mention the idea that DS and Superman have never fought while DS was in his true form.

And since no one since FS has done this maneuver, gee, ya think maybe you need to be PC level to do it? Cause Ronnie was rediculously powerful back in the day. I call BS on the idea of Mangeto of people redirecting the Omega Force. No. Good for him. Him getting wanked has no relevance here, unless you're implying that I'm wanking him, because I'd find that funny to say the least. Terribly written... hmm... do explain.

When did Starlin do this? And being a fanboy is enough to make the character look a lot more powerful than normal. You don't have to demean other characters to make the writing apparently invalid according to you.
It should be taken into consideration. Never called it a low feat, you would be the one saying that based on level... I'd call it a simple loss relevant to DS.
Good. Too bad that Darkseid isn't being used here, no?

Since no one has tried to do this maneuver since FS you mean?
Good for you (or I mean, of course you would). I was only replying to what you said to Bently.

TricksterPriest
The only good Crisis, story-wise, so far, was Infinite Crisis. COIE was off the wall and horribly boring through the entire first 6-7 issues, and FC went from lame, to cool, to being lame again...and Superman: Beyond 3D made no f*cking sense whatsoever, although his cosmic suit was pretty cool...

It's safe to say you aren't the target audience. Also, Superman Beyond is an ingenius storyline, but obviously you're not familiar with how Morrison writes. It's meta-fiction, not just a story.

Enyalus
It's safe to say you aren't the target audience. Also, Superman Beyond is an ingenius storyline, but obviously you're not familiar with how Morrison writes. It's meta-fiction, not just a story.

No. My god, it was ****ing confusing. The first half of the first issue didn't even make any sense, and you had to tie it all together yourself later. And the "vampire monitors?" Yuck. Come on...I like most of Morrison's stories, but jesus...

Allankles
No. My god, it was ****ing confusing. The first half of the first issue didn't even make any sense, and you had to tie it all together yourself later. And the "vampire monitors?" Yuck. Come on...I like most of Morrison's stories, but jesus...

Superman Beyond had its good and bad but overall it is a clever idea portraying Monitors as "vampires" of story. In a way the Bleed, the Orrery fits better into the DCU and the Monitors place among DC's cosmics becomes more clear.

The Bleed is simply a manifestation of "story" and obviously the vampire symbolism comes from there.

Personally I think the major problem with Beyond is that it doesn't fit neatly into FC unless DS's fall affected or disrupted the Bleed.

Allankles

To me FC is the best Crisis. Didn't really like IC, and COIE was too straight forward and impersonal. You could say COIE probably had the greatest sense of threat with IC feeling more typical, FC was a little less predictable and it portrayed the Apokoliptons (DS especially) as more frightening.

The villains in FC seem more personal making the heroes more vulnerable than they have ever been, probably why I consider it the best of the crisis. But I have to say the last few issues( Revelation and FC 7) will probably make or break how this series is viewed in the future.

skygunner41
Still better than most marvel story.

Silent Guardian
marvel team wins

close thread/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.