They are making a TinTin movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HammyTyme
WHY? What age group could this possibly appeal to?

Scythe
N-no... The movie hasn't even revealed images or recent activity, it will probably be a family film. Have you ever read Tintin? I didn't think so...

It's a great book, blends cartoonish style characters with luscious backgrounds, I would love to see this as a movie. It would will hopefully be a great family film like Lion King was and still is, imo.

Those uneducated with Tintin have started to bash this movie, yet raise their hands in praise for the shit-encrusted new Street Figher movie, and rant and rave about the new Underworld film, which in its own is alright, but nothing to crap one's pants about.

Master Crimzon
Awesome. I grew up on Tintin, can't wait to see a movie based on it (if it will be any good, of course).

HammyTyme
Originally posted by Scythe
N-no... The movie hasn't even revealed images or recent activity, it will probably be a family film. Have you ever read Tintin? I didn't think so...

It's a great book, blends cartoonish style characters with luscious backgrounds, I would love to see this as a movie. It would will hopefully be a great family film like Lion King was and still is, imo.

Those uneducated with Tintin have started to bash this movie, yet raise their hands in praise for the shit-encrusted new Street Figher movie, and rant and rave about the new Underworld film, which in its own is alright, but nothing to crap one's pants about.

I think its a helluva stretch to even remotely use "Lion King" and "TinTin" in the same reference. One is great. The other is about a boy and his fruity dog and searching for unicorns of whatever it is kids from cartoons based in the '50's did.

Master Crimzon
You really need to read it before bashing it. It's very entertaining, anyhow.

Also, it's a comic book, not a cartoon. And it lasted for way more than just the 50's. Christ, at least know what you're attacking, okay?

Scythe
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
You really need to read it before bashing it. It's very entertaining, anyhow.

Also, it's a comic book, not a cartoon. And it lasted for way more than just the 50's. Christ, at least know what you're attacking, okay?

No, I said Tintin could become a great family film much like Lion King. How's that a "helluva" stretch? I think it has potential. Tintin is an amazing comic that's been around for so many years, it's time tested and I still know plenty of Tintin fans. If this movie is pulled off well, it will be great.

There's more than what you probably read on Wikipedia.

Kazenji

Also, it's a comic book, not a cartoon.

But there was a cartoon which of course was based on the comic books.

Kazenji
Also i found out the first movie will be based on 'The Secret Of The Unicorn'.

HammyTyme
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also i found out the first movie will be based on 'The Secret Of The Unicorn'.

yeah, a movie with the word UNICORN in it will really bring in the young male audience

cant wait

Kazenji
Which of course has nothing to do with unicorns(The Mythical Creatures)

Its the name of a ship in that story.

mark_it
Wow great. I can't wait to see this movie. Happy Dance

Scythe
Originally posted by HammyTyme
yeah, a movie with the word UNICORN in it will really bring in the young male audience

cant wait

Originally posted by Kazenji
Which of course has nothing to do with unicorns(The Mythical Creatures)

Its the name of a ship in that story.

Pwned, good job Kazenji!

Given the amount of young males who went to go see Twilight, I don't think this movie's title will be a problem.

Master Crimzon
Problem is, Twilight's an admittedly badass name. An unwitting young male may look at that, then look the supposed subject matter (vampires), and figure out he's going to watch a horror movie- not a ridiculous teeny romance.

I have a feeling this movie may be a box office bomb, regardless of its quality. Lots of people unfamiliar with Tintin will react similarly to HammyTyme- which means they'll immediately condemn the whole thing as childish and ridiculous without giving it an actual chance. Oh well.

Scythe
Problem is, Twilight's an admittedly badass name. An unwitting young male may look at that, then look the supposed subject matter (vampires), and figure out he's going to watch a horror movie- not a ridiculous teeny romance.

I have a feeling this movie may be a box office bomb, regardless of its quality. Lots of people unfamiliar with Tintin will react similarly to HammyTyme- which means they'll immediately condemn the whole thing as childish and ridiculous without giving it an actual chance. Oh well.

Really? Most people I know were actually bothered about the name Twilight. Hahaha.

Regardless, what the f*ck do young teenage males have to do with Tintin?! Dear god! It's not even its key demographic. A young teenage male most likely wouldn't even know who or what Tintin is....

liebe911
I love the comic, Its really a masterpiece comic, but how will Spielberg handle this I fear he will make it dead. Hope to see soon a good movie

HammyTyme
Originally posted by Scythe
Given the amount of young males who went to go see Twilight, I don't think this movie's title will be a problem.

More females than males.

Walker.I

I'm sure young teenage male's knew what ''Twilight'' was about considering every teenage girl in the country couldn't shut up about it.

Master Crimzon
I didn't. Though maybe I'm just not a good indication.

Scythe
Originally posted by HammyTyme
More females than males.

Again, what do young males and females have to do with Tintin, they wouldn't know what it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.