From Coruscant... To The Swamp!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FLEX HECTIC
I know he is all about the good side of the Force, but should Yoda be just a little upset about his fall from fame?

Exiled to the swampland planet of Dagobah is quite a fall from the penthouse suite at The Jedi Academy!

The senate used to count on his wisdom and many other non-Jedi personnel sought him out for guidance and friendship!

If their was one Jedi who could justify going just a little to the darkside it was definitely him!

Vorpal Ruin
Im sure he doesn't mind where he lives at. His greatest turmoil is probably that the dark side won and that all his fellow jedi died.

FLEX HECTIC
Does turmoil over the dark side winning lean towards the dark side itself?

He is not allowed to mourn those who have passed on and joined with the Force!

But as he strolls through the swamp he's gotta miss a warm bath every now and then!

Slash_KMC
I don't think being on Jedi Grand Master equals luxury, I mean, Jedi aren't even allowed to have personal possessions. I think he even feels more at home on Dagobah, but he had to stay on Coruscant in stead of some solitude planet because of his Jedi duties.

Hybris
He went to Dagobah because there was a Darkside nexus there that would cloud his presence through the Force. I doubt it mattered to him that his new habitat was a swamp.

FLEX HECTIC
I saw Lucas speak at a special gathering at Fox studios in L.A. and he said that he never planned on an origin for Yoda but I had always thought that he was from that swamp system!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I don't think being on Jedi Grand Master equals luxury, I mean, Jedi aren't even allowed to have personal possessions. I think he even feels more at home on Dagobah, but he had to stay on Coruscant in stead of some solitude planet because of his Jedi duties.

Originally posted by Hybris
He went to Dagobah because there was a Darkside nexus there that would cloud his presence through the Force. I doubt it mattered to him that his new habitat was a swamp.

those, and the place is crawling with creatures - meaning its crawling with the Living force.

I think yoda would like that.

willofthewisp
Yoda gets pretty defensive when Luke calls the swamp a slimy mudhole. I think Yoda misses the good old days, but Dagobah just seems covered with the good side of the Force and he seems to be right at home.

steverules_2
Originally posted by FLEX HECTIC
I know he is all about the good side of the Force, but should Yoda be just a little upset about his fall from fame?

Exiled to the swampland planet of Dagobah is quite a fall from the penthouse suite at The Jedi Academy!

The senate used to count on his wisdom and many other non-Jedi personnel sought him out for guidance and friendship!

If their was one Jedi who could justify going just a little to the darkside it was definitely him!

He made the decision to go to Dagobah himself, not like Kenobi said 'FAIL! Now you gotta go to dagobah!' I dunno if Kenobi agreed with the decision...they were the only jedi council members left (from what I know)

vintageSW77
Maybe the rent on Coruscant was too high after the Empire got in.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Maybe the rent on Coruscant was too high after the Empire got in.

at least in Dagobah its free, and no traffic noise, no crowds, nice...erm, view... everything one needs is right there, eh?

vintageSW77
I dunno
Give me the coruscant skyline with the odd falling Jedi when the sun goes down over a bog anytime.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
eh, true that.

Bogs have... insects and stuff... *shudder*

willofthewisp
When 900 years old you reach, swamps look like retirement communities they do.

LordPrydon
Yoda takes it all in his stride.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by FLEX HECTIC
Does turmoil over the dark side winning lean towards the dark side itself?

He is not allowed to mourn those who have passed on and joined with the Force!

But as he strolls through the swamp he's gotta miss a warm bath every now and then!

He didn't take it in his stride, but he probably found solice knowing they'd all become one with the force. Hell! He probably even trained half them again as force ghosts, well, maybe the other way around, Qui-Gon taught Yoda some things as a force ghost...to prepare him for his own death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.