Davy Jones question.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
This might have already been discussed here, and it is probably a dumb question, but I can't get it out of my head.....

Will stabbed Davy Jones's heart (With Jack's help), thus replacing Jones as the captain of the Flying Dutchman.

BUT....What if Jones had stabbed the heart himself? Like if he tired of his existence and wanted to end it all? Who would replace him as captain then?

willofthewisp
Does the Dutchman have a first mate? That's a good question. Maybe he is physically unable to stab his own heart.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
That's a very good question - would certainly make an interesting story.

I think the FD has a first mate... does she?

Maybe he couldn't stab his own heart. maybe its part of the "rules".

ibd4eva
that iss a very interesting question...i bet that shark dude would take over. that'd be cool.

Rogue Jedi
Unable to stab his own heart? Never thought of that. Maybe Bootstrap? haermm

willofthewisp
I don't think Davy Jones liked Bootstrap all that much, especially after that whole son thing, lol.

(Will is back aboard the Dutchman hiding out)

Bill: Will! I thought I gave you my knife, heard you say you wouldn't abandon me, and take off!

Will: Yeah, well, I've decided to come aboard and stab the heart and take Davy Jones' place.

Bill: WHAT?

Will: Just kidding. There's no way in hell I'd do that.

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL So true.

Southern_Rebel
Should of just used the heart as shark food or somethin'...lol. Who would be the captian then?

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I don't think Davy Jones liked Bootstrap all that much, especially after that whole son thing, lol.

(Will is back aboard the Dutchman hiding out)

Bill: Will! I thought I gave you my knife, heard you say you wouldn't abandon me, and take off!

Will: Yeah, well, I've decided to come aboard and stab the heart and take Davy Jones' place.

Bill: WHAT?

Will: Just kidding. There's no way in hell I'd do that.

Lizzie: Damd It!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Should of just used the heart as shark food or somethin'...lol. Who would be the captian then?

lolz! that would be interesting...

maybe the person who threw it overboard would be the next captain...

do you really have to stab the heart? can't you squeeze it to death? shoot it? crush it? put it in a blender?

willofthewisp
Then wouldn't the blender be the captain? Lol. That would ruin things for whoever the future captains would be because whenever they would screw up, someone could say, "You know, a blender was able to do this job. Why can't you?"

Surreal_44
If the Captain of the Dutchman destroyed his own heart, I believe that one of three things would happen; Calypso would choose a new captain, the ship would simply vanish, or the ship would sail the seas for forever, its crew trapped between life and death for eternity.

Following movie-verse, I believe the most likely action would be Calypso would create a new Dutchman with a new captain. Of course, I base this only on my own imagination since obviously this subject wasn't really covered in the film. wink

As for whether or not Davy Jones would have been capable of making the choice to stab his heart, I would say "No". Considering the makeup of his personality, he held onto his "life" with the tenacity all petty, sadistic rulers do. He never desired death; he wanted only his vengeance on the world.

Really, it's very depressing when you think about it.

willofthewisp
Surreal! Whow! Long time no see.

Bwa Ha Ha
Mhmm! Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who yelled at Impy a bunch when she made the 'LEWZMP' thread?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
LOL willo

nice one, surreal (long time no see, at that xD) true, true... but hey, you never know, maybe one of these days he goes all berserk and would want to kill himself... xD

Surreal_44
I totally forget, what was the LEWZMP thread? And if it was insulting or stupid, probably yeah I yelled at her, although I don't even remember Impy very well. :/ I have a dreadful memory.

Jaeh, Davy might have eventually killed himself, but I think it would have taken a long time since he seemed to derive so much satisfaction from watching people be harmed, whether it be physical or emotional pain.

chilled monkey
Does the Dutchman have a first mate? That's a good question. Maybe he is physically unable to stab his own heart.

I think Maccus (the hammerhead shark guy) was first mate.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Jaeh, Davy might have eventually killed himself, but I think it would have taken a long time since he seemed to derive so much satisfaction from watching people be harmed, whether it be physical or emotional pain.

hm, that would take an eternity, then. (pun, sorry, could not resist. xD)

a question: Davy J. could go on land once every ten years, right? how long could he stay on land, then? and.. what if he over-stayed? what would happen?

willofthewisp
I think it's from sun up to sunset because at the end of AWE when they are waiting for Will, it looks like sun up. My thinking is that the captain of the FD is physically unable to stay longer than that, that he would instantly be transported back to his ship and that would be that.

Bwa Ha Ha
The LEWZMP thread wasn't insulting (although LEWZMP herself is) but if it was you, then I remember you saying something about it being off-topic....

willofthewisp
Why did we name a thread after that twit?

Bwa Ha Ha
Uhhhh....

I think it was because Impy and I talked about the fact that she might invade the forums and everyone was asking who she was. The background story was too long for the thread we were on so Impy gave her a seperate thread. That was BEFORE she showed up.

willofthewisp
Oh, okay. Well, back to Davy Jones. What I want to know is, Calypso says that he was many things, but never cruel. What do you think he was like before he became the Davy Jones we all know? Like was he basically a nice guy, or did he pull an Anakin and was kind of angsty and dark even before anything bad happened?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Oh, okay. Well, back to Davy Jones. What I want to know is, Calypso says that he was many things, but never cruel. What do you think he was like before he became the Davy Jones we all know? Like was he basically a nice guy, or did he pull an Anakin and was kind of angsty and dark even before anything bad happened?

teehee, pulled an Anakin... I like that.

maybe he became bitter after calypso left him.

I won't blame him for that... He has the right to be bitter... a woman DID leave him after all... calypso or not...

texgodiva2s
My goodness, this is a sticky wicket yes?

What my deal is about the DJ? questionis: DJ cut out his heart becos he was grievously wounded by Calypso's unfaithful actions. Got that. He made choice and then twisted off to become Mr. Rogue FD captain, with his vengence based interpretation of how to handle dead and dying of the sea. (Dutchman's job was to ferry souls--10 years service, then new captain--I know there was "other" on that--my bit here, my interpretation of curse thank you very much).

Okay, so second verse: Kill the captain, become new captain got it. So why in the heckydo did the crew decide to gut Will Turner?! sadangel

Other captains of the FD didn't have to forfeit hearts? DJ didn't leave his with any one person, just buried it up to keep it away from pain. Doesn't seem right that the crew decided to butcher Will. Doesn't make sense none some a'tall. In "dying", Will stabs the heart, sidesteps death so to speak, becomes captain--eyah, it's done. DJ wasn't dead when he became captain, was he? Sounded like he was in the land of the living (albeit, possibly Leaning towards Nutso County) when he fell for Calpyso. Anyway, my rift on this unusual question.

The other: Just nasty--without redeeming social value.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
good question, tex.. I guess i just thought its part of the "rules", but come to think of it, it prolly is just because of Davy's wrong stuff that he did...

maybe it became part of the rules after davy... but then again, that won't be fair. and calypso is sorta fair when it comes to the dutchman captains - sort of. that's why i thought that after ten years there'd be a new el kapitan of the dutchman because will's term was up...

nyways, just another plothole AWE failed to clear...

willofthewisp
It depends on whether you put more value into T&T's vision or in what is actually on screen. T&T had every intention of Liz's faithfulness freeing Will after 10 years, which is a much better ending since we're going to go the willabeth route anyway. What is on screen though, is significantly different because that little loophole is never mentioned and there are no clues, in spite of what anyone may say, that Will will be free after 10 years. So it all depends on your interpretation and where you place your values.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
okay, scratch that, another hole AWE made.
hmm, I guess it always comes to that, eh Willo? thanks for the insight, btw...

just another thought... suppose Will does return after ten years and stays... will he have another one of those "open heart surgeries" to put the heart back in?? or something?
and What if Davy Jones suddenly decided to be good again? will the curse be lifted and the heart quite possibly be put back in?

willofthewisp
Well, Davy Jones is dead. When the heart was stabbed, he died and plunged into the sea, so in a way, he was reunited with Calypso.

Hmm, how would Will being freed work with the heart? I never understood why his had to be cut out. Maybe on the day he is able to come back from good, it could just materialize back in him, like the chest would suddenly be empty and his body would be like it never happened?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
just a what if - he went back to good before he died? xD

yeah - it just didn't make sense, eh? maybe the crew - including his dad - lost it... i mean, more than an eternity at sea...

yeah, maybe, and he even has that big old nasty scar to show off to the ladies and to prove it!

i wonder why they had to cut his heart, though... is it suddenly part of the "rules"??

*sighs* I wish they would just clear all this up! even if they're just what ifs!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
bump

a friend of mine has an idea on why will's heart was cut out - he said, maybe it was because of the rarity that the new flying dutchman captain would go corrupt and stuff, and so its like some sort of control machanism or something...

Bwa Ha Ha
Hey, Jaeh, on a random note: I watched National Treasure yesterday! Like your siggy.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*mechanism, not machanism* so what do you think of it?

aw, thanks bwa ^^ I'm a diehard (teehee) fan of National Treasure - ESPECIALLY Riley Poole... I write fanfics... xD

willofthewisp
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
bump

a friend of mine has an idea on why will's heart was cut out - he said, maybe it was because of the rarity that the new flying dutchman captain would go corrupt and stuff, and so its like some sort of control machanism or something...

I don't understand. Do you mean now that a captain going corrupt WASN'T such a rarity now that all captains AFTER Davy Jones would have to get their hearts cut out to avoid going corrupt? Please clarify because I don't see how that would prevent someone from going all crazy.

siriuswriter
wouldn't will still feel luuuurve and all that since he left his heart with lizzie it reminds me of the stardust thing, like, yvainne loved tristan so much that "her heart was his" and so they both were able to live eternally...?

i think that if the heart was destroyed ANY OTHER way than stabbing it, the Dutchman, which after all is a ghost ship, would be unghosted, and everyone bound to Davy Jones would finally go on to rest in peace. Also, the Locker would let go all of its prisoners so they could go on to their eternal rest as well.

but of course, the heart had to be stabbed, because it was the only way will could live, and in the official lore of Davy Jones

since there was only a rule about stabbing, and that's what happened, the whole "yay let's rip out will's heart because he's done absolutely nothing wrong!!" thing.

but i do sincerely think that after the ten years, will got to leave the ship IF lizzie stayed faithful. and then, boat dissolves, souls go to eternal rest, la dee da the people who die on the sea go ahead in the little boats with the lanterns in front.

YAY happily ever after.

Bwa Ha Ha
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
*mechanism, not machanism* so what do you think of it?

aw, thanks bwa ^^ I'm a diehard (teehee) fan of National Treasure - ESPECIALLY Riley Poole... I write fanfics... xD

Seriously, you do?

eek!

Do ya' post them? I'd love to read 'em! big grin
And yes, I loved it! It doesn't hurt that my mom's favorite actor is Nicholas Cage, and she's bashing me into the ground with his movies.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't understand. Do you mean now that a captain going corrupt WASN'T such a rarity now that all captains AFTER Davy Jones would have to get their hearts cut out to avoid going corrupt? Please clarify because I don't see how that would prevent someone from going all crazy.

lemme clear it up... xD

my friend reasoned that maybe, Will's heart was cut out so that if ever he goes corrupt, someone else could stab his heart and such...

so if ever will goes corrupt, someone else could kill him and take his place. or something like that...

Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
Seriously, you do?

eek!

Do ya' post them? I'd love to read 'em! big grin
And yes, I loved it! It doesn't hurt that my mom's favorite actor is Nicholas Cage, and she's bashing me into the ground with his movies.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I do! seriously xD

they're on fanfiction.net... http://www.fanfiction.net/~jedipiratejaeh

click my ff.net profile and look for the NT stuff... xD

Bwa Ha Ha
AWESOME! I'll go check it out right now....

Rogue Jedi
So scars are sexy right? haermm

Jaeh.is.Awesome
depends on how you got it... haermm

nice siggy, RJ... love the sentence, too...

ibd4eva
Hey jaeh! What up my partner in crime?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
still here, apparently, lol...

hows you? xD

Bwa Ha Ha
I read that one fic, the 'Awkward' one! Loved it! I also read Ch. 1 of the Blog one before I had to get off. eek!

87th Dynasty
Well, Now I know why you are always complaining about being scolded for being random, Bwa.

You are.

Not that it's news.

Anyway, you other People should continue with your Davy Jones discussion.

BY THE WAY!!!
What about the locket?
D'you all think that had anything to do with anything?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i thought the locket was like their token to each other's love or something... does anybody know its origins or something?

thanks bwa! drop me a review...xD

hi...er, 87th dynasty - you're new here, aren't you? never seen you around before... xD

willofthewisp
I think the same thing, Jaeh. It's like when couples get matching tattoos or something like that nowadays. "Look we're in love and we have to have something matching to always wear on our person to make that fact known!"

87th Dynasty
Yes, I'm new, but I know Bwa from Elswhere. Call me 87 since it's the most awsome number ever! 12 comes in second, and then is 42!

Bwa Ha Ha
What?!? You left Simmons for third? It's the year of Simmons, don't you remember?!? And I wasn't THAT random, it had to do with her siggy. And 'Elsewhere'? WOW. So unincredibly obvious.

87th Dynasty
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
What?!? You left Simmons for third? It's the year of Simmons, don't you remember?!? And I wasn't THAT random, it had to do with her siggy. And 'Elsewhere'? WOW. So unincredibly obvious.

Who cares about Simmons? You are the blue fanatic.

And what about every other random quote you've posted? What about your hobbies list?
By the way?
Have you read mine?
And the Elswhere bit? That was supposed to be obvious! That was meant to confuse people who can't actually think for themselves and therfore shouldn't be priveliged to read our display of human inteligence.

(Actually, that kind of implies something about human intelligence, but PERSEVERE BRAVE RANDOM PEOPLE!)

(siggy explains the driving force behind my character.)

(Now you've got me being random too!)

I thought the locket, the fact that he kept it, signified that he still loved her.

Bwa Ha Ha
Yes, but he WAS Blue for a time.

My list isn't to be taken seriously. I'm not a very serious person (or did you forget?).

Yes. Yes, I did.

What about AI's?

Well, that too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.