Captain Marvel (current) vs. Thor (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins?

shiv
Marvel in a brutal stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by shiv
Marvel in a brutal stomp. Based on what?

Enyalus
Thor.

iceman24567
Marvel

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Marvel Is he skyfather level?

SoulDevourer
DC Marvel?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
DC Marvel? Yes.

SoulDevourer
tough call :/ so I say stalemate

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
Is he skyfather level? Is Thor?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
tough call :/ so I say stalemate I think Thor takes this 9 out of ten.

quanchi112
Is Thor? That didn't answer my question. Ok, what has Marvel done that sells you on him for this thread?

Enyalus
Is Thor?

Beating a Balder-empowered Destroyer easily and Surtur in the Netherealm, to boot.

*shrug*

I'm Bran
Spite thread?

Really?

quanchi112
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Spite thread?

Really? What?

iceman24567
Yeah spite Thor stomps because he beat the Destroyer no expression.

quanchi112
Yeah spite Thor stomps because he beat the Destroyer no expression. Scans.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/13-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/14-4.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/15-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/16-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/17-3.jpg

Sonned.

shiv
Current Marvel is a Spectre level being Quanchi.

This thread is spite.

quanchi112

This thread is spite. They are in the same league. Neither is skyfather level imo.

skygunner41
CM FTW.

shiv
Captain Marvel's seven sins would solo Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skygunner41
CM FTW. What are you basing this off of?

Enyalus

What...the...**** ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
What...the...**** ? Yeah, made no sense whatsoever.

Mindset

This thread is spite. Shazam wasn't even Spectre level

xJLxKing
Well I give this to Cm. While they both aren't skyfather level(they have the power), CM is just better(Imo)

Mindset
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Well I give this to Cm. While they both aren't skyfather level(they have the power), CM is just better(Imo) How?

Naija boy
Thor.

Sin I AM
I thought cm had the power of shazam? what's going on?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I thought cm had the power of shazam? what's going on?

He does. And he got beat by BA. Inside the Rock of Eternity...So apparently he can't use them very well.

Sin I AM
omg well that's gay, you don't see asgardians whopping on thor now do ya

Enyalus
omg well that's gay, you don't see asgardians whopping on thor now do ya

Shh. It could happen next issue. Whatwith Loki warping Balder's mind and all.

Sin I AM
you know sweetie you just read my mind, but I see thors appearance will b as climatic as sentry's in wwh, I could b wrong though.

Allankles
omg well that's gay

Super gay if Marvel had the wizards full power.

Enyalus
you know sweetie you just read my mind

I'm prone to do that.

If Raoul has been called a real life Scott Summers, you can call me Phoenix....

I'm Bran
You guys obviously don't understand BA at all...

He doesn't care.

I'm Bran
I'm prone to do that.

If Raoul has been called a real life Scott Summers, you can call me Phoenix.... You have kinky bum sex with Raoul?

EDIT: Nvrmind, I thought you said you were Wolverine.

Enyalus
You have kinky bum sex with Raoul?

Yeah, I should clarify that, shouldn't I? I was thinking more along the lines of Vulcan Phoenix. stick out tongue

Mindset
Sure

Sin I AM
love

so im to gather that the upgraded version of captain marvel is weaker than before? whose writing this crap. I recall cm beating Ba before, or am I wrong ?

Enyalus
Little known fact: Like Hulk, BA's stats increase per his anger levels.

Saw it in a special limited edition BA one-shot. For serious.

Allankles
You guys obviously don't understand BA at all...

He doesn't care.

Good for him, still pretty wonky.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Allankles
Good for him, still pretty wonky. It isn't, because BA doesn't abide by your rules.

Mindset
laughing out loud

Mrblonde
Thats a very low showing for Billy but if thats all he cand do Thor takes this

Allankles
It isn't, because BA doesn't abide by your rules.

big grin Dude that makes no sense. The writer did not abide by the rules within the fiction therefore it's wonky.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
big grin Dude that makes no sense. The writer did not abide by the rules within the fiction therefore it's wonky. False. Most fans jumped to conclusions about the new captain and it seems Black Adam is above him. Until further notice that is.Originally posted by Mrblonde
Thats a very low showing for Billy but if thats all he cand do Thor takes this Black Adam is a beast, but this shows the good old Captain is nowhere near skyfather level. Never was.

Philosophía
Billy.

quanchi112

DarkOdin
Thor takes this although some will argue that he has not full access to the Odinforce he has used it for some decent feets current Thor that is.

I don't see Billy being close to Thor in H2H combat skill wise. Mjolnir can handle any magic Billy trys to use on him on top of that.

Philosophía
so im to gather that the upgraded version of captain marvel is weaker than before?

You're gathering wrong.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor takes this although some will argue that he has not full access to the Odinforce he has used it for some decent feets current Thor that is.

I don't see Billy being close to Thor in H2H combat skill wise. Mjolnir can handle any magic Billy trys to use on him on top of that. Yeah, I do no tsee Thor anywhere near Odin at his power levels, but he has impressive feats to his name while Billy doesn't as Shazam.

Sin I AM

TricksterPriest
Was that scan that Quan posted the last page, or not? Was there more to the story, because it looks like Billy is trying not to hurt them and telling them that what they are doing will backfire.

Context, please.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Was that scan that Quan posted the last page, or not? Was there more to the story, because it looks like Billy is trying not to hurt them and telling them that what they are doing will backfire.

Context, please. No, Billy is not holding back to not hurt him.

The context was BA kicked his ass.

iceman24567
It was basically a suprise attack Billy will pwn him in the near future.

Mindset
The surprise attack had nothing to do with BA winning, he only got 2 hits in before Billy was fighting back.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Context, please. Black Adam kicked his ass all over the bloody comic. Nothing was being held back by either side. Originally posted by iceman24567
It was basically a suprise attack Billy will pwn him in the near future. Billy countered and then got wtf pwned. Billy may avenge this loss sometime in the future but as of now Black Adam>Captain.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
The surprise attack had nothing to do with BA winning, he only got 2 hits in before Billy was fighting back. A surprise attack is still a surprise. 2 shots from a Black Adam at full power? God forbid they did any damage laughing

Mindset
A surprise attack is still a surprise. 2 shots from a Black Adam at full power? God forbid they did any damage laughing Actually it doesn't look like they did do much damage.

Billy right after gave BA 2 shots at full power right afterward, so I guess they were even.

iceman24567
Actually it doesn't look like they did do much damage.

Billy right after gave BA 2 shots at full power right afterward, so I guess they were even. I doubt it since Billy was the one on the floor laughing

Mindset
I doubt it since Billy was the one on the floor laughing The 2 shots at the beginning were not the reason Billy was on the ground...

iceman24567
The 2 shots at the beginning were not the reason Billy was on the ground... Says who?

Mindset
Anyone who is smart.

iceman24567
Anyone who is smart. That sounds absolutely wrong.

Mindset
Because you're not part of the club.

iceman24567
Because you're not part of the club. **** your club mad

Raoul
billy was fine until isis hit him, imo. it was a relatively balanced fight...

Badabing
The 2 shots at the beginning were not the reason Billy was on the ground... Originally posted by iceman24567
Says who? Originally posted by Mindset
Anyone who is smart. Originally posted by iceman24567
That sounds absolutely wrong. Originally posted by Mindset
Because you're not part of the club. Originally posted by iceman24567
**** your club mad laughing out loud

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
billy was fine until isis hit him, imo. it was a relatively balanced fight...

You can't be serious. Adam had him bleeding and on the ground.

Mindset
billy was fine until isis hit him, imo. it was a relatively balanced fight... Billy was flat on his back, bloody, and pinned down by BA.

Raoul
You can't be serious. Adam had him bleeding and on the ground.

Billy was flat on his back, bloody, and pinned down by BA.

he got 3 punches on billy when he was down. 3. yes he had him pinned, and allowed isis to hit him. what if isis wasnt there? it wouldnt be the first time a hero was knocked down by a villain...

Mindset
he got 3 punches on billy when he was down. 3. yes he had him pinned, and allowed isis to hit him. what if isis wasnt there? it wouldnt be the first time a hero was knocked down by a villain... And it wouldn't have been the first time Black Adam has kicked someones ass.

Raoul
And it wouldn't have been the first time Black Adam has kicked someones ass.

laughing out loud

Enyalus
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/13-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/14-4.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/15-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/16-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/17-3.jpg

Explain how that looks 'balanced' to you, Raoul?

zeel
Boy did D.C comics ruin billy batsons character. How in the hell did shazam ( the wizard) combined with catian marvel (billy) get weaker? he merged with a skyfather and actually got weaker.

No respect for what they did to billys character its really unfortunate.

Enyalus
Next issue BA's gonna solo the entire JSA inside the Rock of Eternity...

...It'll happen. It needs to happen.

zeel

This thread is spite.

DOV marvel yes. He actually knocked out the specter at one point. This version of BIlly is by far the weakest version i have ever seen. This version of captian marvel prolly would loose a battle to she hulk lol.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by zeel
Boy did D.C comics ruin billy batsons character. How in the hell did shazam ( the wizard) combined with catian marvel (billy) get weaker? he merged with a skyfather and actually got weaker.

No respect for what they did to billys character its really unfortunate.

Maybe they hired loeb to do the writing lol. Well maybe Billy will come back next issue. A least when Thor went Down to Rulk Loeb tried it bs a reason lol. God that makes billy and shazam a chump

zeel
False. Most fans jumped to conclusions about the new captain and it seems Black Adam is above him. Until further notice that is. Black Adam is a beast, but this shows the good old Captain is nowhere near skyfather level. Never was.

Old captian marvel before the power up did better against BA then current Billy. translation.

PISS POOR WRITING on D.C's part again. How in the hell can a BA clone combined with the skyfather shazam perform like that. This current version of caprian marvel couldnt even beat the Thing from the fantastic four LOL.

I'm Bran
He's powered up.

Too bad he didn't count on Teth not giving a shit.

Mindset
Old captian marvel before the power up did better against BA then current Billy. translation.

PISS POOR WRITING on D.C's part again. How in the hell can a BA clone combined with the skyfather shazam perform like that. This current version of caprian marvel couldnt even beat the Thing from the fantastic four LOL. ok

iceman24567
He's powered up.

Too bad he didn't count on Teth not giving a shit. laughing

Philosophía
so what's the synopsis sugar? captain marvel and black adam were equals but now he's superior ? enlighten me

Many people miss the fact that Isis helped Black Adam sucker punch Captain Marvel just at the beginning of the fight, with the same rock that killed Shazam. Black Adam event commented on it.

I'm Bran

Philosophía
And it did nothing to him, no?

Says who ? And just so we advance the discussion a bit:

Says who that it did ?

I say it did, based on Black Adam kicking his ass afterwards. no expression

I'm Bran
I didn't type that, and my question marks don't have a space in between the words and it.

Anyway, so it affected him because you didn't like it?

Philosophía
I didn't type that, and my question marks don't have a space in between the words and it.

Anyway, so it affected him because you didn't like it?

But you were thinking it.

No, it affected him because it was actually shown that it did, since Black Adam started kicking his ass afterwards. Why would this element be introduced if it has no bearing on the fight ? Why would Black Adam make a plan out of using it before he starts attacking if he could take Billy they way he did anyway ? Sometimes you have to use common sense.

Original Smurph
and my question marks don't have a space in between the words and it. saw ur editz

Original Smurph

I'm Bran

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Curious, what exactly is the basis for determining exactly what Bran's thinking?

I'd like to learn this trick. Me too now. I don't even know what I'm going to be thinking in advance, or right now really.

Original Smurph
Me too now. I don't even know what I'm going to be thinking in advance, or right now really. That rules out mind reading then.

I'm intrigued.

I'm Bran
That rules out mind reading then.

I'm intrigued. Maybe he's got like Midnighter abilities?

But through the internets.

Philosophía
No I wasn't. I never space my question marks from my words.

So why did it miss him when Black Adam tried to bash him with it (he rolled out of the way before anything happened)? Why didn't it effect Black Adam when he bashed through the rock that withheld the power to crush Gods? Why was nothing said of it? If it would have worked, shouldn't it have killed him on the spot? Where was it said to have the ability to weaken Gods?

Oh, and why were they able to get the power of Shazam without any mentioning of it being weaker, and it only being the power.

I agree with your last sentence though, however, I'd like to add that using assumptions without proof is pretty much making shit up.

You're thinking sentences without space between question marks and words ? Nice.

It didn't miss him. At least, not fully. Why would it affect Black Adam ? He wasn't the one the rock was falling on. Nothing was said of it ? You missed the part where Black Adam was commenting on the Rock's power while attacking Billy with it ? One could argue the rock didn't hit him fully and thus him not dying. Point is, the rock did hit him, and it's quite logical that if a rock that is made to kill gods hits you, you weaken.

Because he was still the guardian of the Rock of Eternity, and thus the one posessing Shazam's power. Nobody said the rock hitting him made Shazam's power suddenly dissapear.

Assumptions ? Not really. It's like somebody hitting another guy with a shovel in the back of the head at the beginning of a fight, and asking me to prove that the other guy couldn't perform at his best.

Original Smurph
Maybe he's got like Midnighter abilities?

But through the internets. He runs a million scenarios through his head and chooses the most Bran-like response.

Kinda sad that he got it wrong, then.

Philosophía
Blame Bran being predictable for the mind reading.

Original Smurph

I'm Bran

Philosophía
If your scenario accounted for the minimal evidence that the shovel even hit the guy, and the complete disregard for the shovel that the guy had afterwards, you might have a reasonable analogy.

As it is now, it just smells of fail.

It looked like it was mentioned to show that Teth tried to make the fight concise and quick, and missed with his sneak attack.

If I swung a shovel at a guy's head, he ducked it, and then punched me in the face, I wouldn't assume that the shovel affected his performance much.

Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

You just have to follow the artistic depictions and Black Adam commenting on the rock's god crushing ability while pounding on it until Billy rolls out and hits Black Adam to realize that it hit him.

Common sense ? Would common sense dictate that Captain Marvel with the Wizard's power get so easily handled by Black Adam ? Or that the rock element would be introduced for apparently .. no reason ?

Yeah, sometimes you just have to use common sense.

Philosophía
No. You said I was thinking about putting a question mark a space after my words. I'd never do that.

Right, it hit his back, and then he rolled before anything could happen.

Because Adam just put his fists through the rock that has the power to crush Gods. He basically went through all the power, and it was never said that it only affected them by falling. Wait, I bet you have a scan to say it does... awaiting your scans.

Nothing was said that it affected him. And besides, he rolled out of the way. It hit him at best.

That was never stated anywhere (considering it's logical), and I didn't have the foggiest idea that was logical (considering it wasn't stated). I guess it's only logical when you want to reach for arguments other than "I don't like it, it didn't happen".
Also, if that is logical that if it hits you, that it weakens you, what if you hit it hard enough the shatter the entire thing? You're still making hard physical contact with it, no?

Yes assumptions. What if the guy who got hit by a shovel actually got hit by a rock light enough that he was still able to roll out of the way, and hellbowed the person who dropped it before he could even touch him?
What if the person was never shown to be affected by this falling rock? Also a shovel or rock wouldn't sap your strength, it would make you dizzy, stunned, bleeding, or hurt. Billy wasn't shown to have any of those...
Only said the last couple of sentences because you brought up the comparison before anything gets said.

Also, why were they able to gather the Power of Shazam by absorbing his power? He was weakened, they should have only been able to gather a little bit of power.

You said that you didn't type that to which I responded that you were thinking it. Not that I have anything against you thinking without space between words and question marks though.

You don't understand how the rock works. Its whole magical function is to fall upon the wizard and kill him. Nowhere is it stated that once you pound and destroy it .. you supposdley are affected aswell. Or perhaps you're thinking 'the powa in it !!!! and Black adam pounds and releases that pwoa but wut happen to him being affected by it'. This is an assumption, not what I'm doing. It's a goddamn magical rock, with magical properties. And that magical property is to fall upon the wizard and kill him.

I don't like it, it didn't happen since to be more akin to what you're doing. "Hey, Black Adam layed that trap specifically to hit Billy with the rock, the same rock which killed the original wizard, and it's pretty clearly depicted to hit Billy with Black Adam commenting on its power, but whatevah, I'm just going to ignore this plot point and say it was introduced for apparently no reason, and Black Adam beat Billy with the goddamn Wizard's power easily because .. he's just that powafull !!!!".

Why wouldn't they be able to gather the power ? Just because he was weakened doesn't mean his connection to the rock of eternity was suddenly gone. Anyhow, I doubt any more arguments will resurface, so I don't see the point of this discussion anymore.

Raoul
Explain how that looks 'balanced' to you, Raoul?

it's no different than tons of superhero fights. good guy gets an initial mauling, only to get back on level terms. billy got his licks in. my point was that if isis wasn't there, billy would have recovered... thats all.

Eel O'Brien

Zack Fair
Such a disappointment. From now on kids shouldn't inherit skyfather powers.

Eel O'Brien
Billy should have just banished him to the Rock of Finality...

TricksterPriest
Aha. So there was at least something, even if it was flimsy. So what's this rock you guys are talking about? Scans?

zeel
Anyone know the issue of the fight between billy and black adam?

Enyalus
Anyone know the issue of the fight between billy and black adam?

JSA 23...came out Wednesday.

LordofBrooklyn
After Final Crisis it seems that Billy is at full strength and they have gotten rid of the shared power limit that existed before.

I was leaning toward Thor given his battle experience and level of opponents e.g. Celestials, Surtur, Kurse etc. but in the end I think Marvel wins.

Marvels powers are supposed to work synergisticly. That means Achilles courage and intensity should be amplified by the power of Zeus. That should be enough to negate any advantage Thor would have in terms of fighting spirit.

Solomon's knowledge should give Marvel the edge when Thor inevitably dips into the berserker rage. If the Hulk can push Thor into that zone, then certaintly Marvel who is stronger and more varied in his abilities should do the same.

I think Marvel wins by a razors edge even with Thor having the Odin force.

I'm Bran

Enyalus
I could go on, but meh. I don't like 'debating'.

You're good at it.

Philosophía
I wasn't thinking of putting a space between the question mark.

Actually, I was only throwing out the same sort of crap scenarios that you were doing (following your line of logic as well).
I assumed you had proof to rule out what I said. I was assuming that you had proof that the rock only affected people if it fell on them. That's an assumption from me if anything, assuming you could actually prove anything you're saying.
Exactly. It was made to fall on him and kill him. If it doesn't kill him, then it has no purpose, no? It was never stated that if it didn't kill you it weakened you. It was never stated that if it love tapped you, that it would weaken you, but if we do assume that if it hits you that it weakens you, using your logic; then why wouldn't the person who crushed/hit the rock be affected as well?

It was a plot for BA to end it quickly as Smurph said. It failed, he had to improvise. It didn't kill him. Where was it stated it weakened him?

Good dodge though. Very nice. thumb up

They're pulling the power out of him though. If he's weakened, or sapped in power, then they wouldn't be able to get his full power, nein?

I didn't see the purpose either, but I thought it was ok enough to keep going.

Either way, it wasn't stated to do anything to Billy afterwards (and what it was stated to do... it didn't, and it barely touched him for this level of power). So assuming such, is well, an assumption. Until something is stated in comics of course, because things change... but right now, nothing happened.

Also:
Etc
"I don't like it, it didn't happen."

Oh and also, I like this specific line as well (straight from the Jr Val's mouth):

I find this line funny. I probably find it funny, because this line goes against all of your 'doesn't likes' arguments.
Nobody said that the rock weakens you.
Nobody said that Billy was weakened.
Yes? No?

Hypocrisy?

I could go on, but meh. I don't like 'debating'.

Your weren't thinking of putting a space between the word and question mark. You were thinking with a space between the word and question mark. Man, this has got to be the most useless exchange I've ever seen.

It's ironic how you mentioned 'nice dodge' in your post (the same way you did with the 'I don't like it, it didn't happen'), yet you're the one doing them. I already explained what is the function of the rock , and why what you're saying with Black Adam pounding on it supposdley being affected by it is illogical. What do you do now .. ask for scans ? Why the f*ck would I do that, while you sit on your ass and continuously bring up idiotic theories 'Bu .. but Black Adam wasn't affected when punching the magical rock who's function is to fall on the wizard and kill him. I don't care that I can't prove this is relevant to your point .. somehow this contradicts your argument !!1'.

Yeah, I'm sure a magical god-crushing rock had absolutley no effect on Billy, eventough it was depicted as falling on him, while Black Adam commented on his power. I'm just going to go with your perfectly logical theory, that the rock was introduced for apprently no purpose other than to show Black Adam wanted to finish the fight early, and that he flat-out beat Billy with the goddamn Wizard's power relativly easily because he's just that awesome.

In order to understand the whole 'was weakened but still retained Shazam's power' part you have to at least got to have some knowledge on the subject, the same way you had to have with the god-crushing rock. What BIlly inherited was the connection to the Rock of Eternity and becoming its guardian. And that connection is, as we saw, and also logical, independent of the Guardian being hit the god-crushing rock or being pounded on, that's why Isis has been able to severe that connection in the end, after Black Adam pounded on him. So no, being sucker-punched with the god-crushing rock and thus weakening isn't the same with his connection to the Rock of Eternity suddenly going 'Poof'.

Let's see, which theory is more plausible. Mine, that the god-crushing rock was introduced as a specific plot device in order to allow Black Adam to beat Billy with Shazam's power, and thus it being depicted hitting Billy while Black Adam comments on his power. Or yours, that the rock was introduced just to show Black Adam wanting to finish the fight fast, and that the pounding he gave Captain Marvel w/Shazam's powers was based on his power alone.

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of this 'debating' also. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this is proven in the later issues. smile

I'm Bran
Didn't read any of that. thumb up

Philosophía
Good.

Go quan on me and blabber something then, ignoring what I said.

I'm Bran

OneDumbG0
I was under the impression that Black Adam attempted to crush Billy with the rock but that before he could, Billy rolled out of the way. Black Adam said "the rock itself is said to have the power to crush the gods." Other than Spectre stealing all of Shazam's magic and literally crushing Shazam with it, has this rock actually done so? Or was that just a playful allusion by Geoff Johns to the events in Day of Vengeance?

More than this... if touching the rock won't take powers away (which is obvious since Black Adam wasn't weakened by throwing his fists at it), why is it so conclusive that being hit by the rock would take his powers away? The plain presentation of the story doesn't appear to suggest that Billy had some or any of his power taken away by the rock. Especially since Billy immediately asks, "Are you here to free the sins? To get revenge? Or just to get your nose bloodied again?" Billy seemed pretty confident there, right after being hit by the rock. It's definitely not the reaction one would expect from one who just had his power drained.

Also, Billy's defeat seems more the product of what Black Adam directly suggested in his words, "Your time here, monitoring events from your perch atop the rock -- how long has it been? Long enough for you to grow soft like a wizard does?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.