Galactus at full power VS the Specter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
Galactus just ate a whole universe. For the purpose of this match, his power won't decrease. Can he best the Specter?

tkitna
No

iceman24567
After eating a whole Universe? Against the Specter? laughing

shokosugi
Galactus dies.

Mr Master
If Galactus is at "full power"
then we must assume this is Galactus afetr eating the Omniverse,
which he was once going to do but ended up erasing himself before proceeding.

There are several stories have given us actual showings & insight into Galactus' potential:

He contains a cosmos within him.
He's made up of infinite energy.
He's birthed the next Marvelverse.
He is the balance of all things as his death brings about the end of all creation.
He was on his way to eating the Omniverse.
(confirmed/corroborated by the FF, GOTG and Avengers)

Just a few examples.

guy222
Hey Mr. M

Spectre wins

Mr Master
Originally posted by guy222

Hey Mr. M
Hello good friend.

Spectre wins
After Galactus eating just one universe and nothing more?

Sure.

tjcoady
The "Specter?" The old member of the Corsairs? Dude, he was depowered during M-Day.

This is the most horrible spite thread I've ever seen.

carnage52
who the fudge is the spectr i've heard of the spectre but not the spectr.

tjcoady
Originally posted by carnage52
who the fudge is the spectr i've heard of the spectre but not the spectr.

Already made the spelling comment... and mine was way more awesome...

guy222
Originally posted by Mr Master
Hello good friend.

After Galactus eating just one universe and nothing more?

Sure.

Always good to see ya good friend

Did u see Spectre's feat vs Cain

Bentley
Which Spectre?

guy222
Prolly Crispus

skygunner41
SPECTRE.

Bentley
Current Spectre wins.

carnage52
Originally posted by tjcoady
Already made the spelling comment... and mine was way more awesome... mad

Enyalus
Depends on the version of Spectre used. But current would lose.

iceman24567
Crispen Allen Spectre wouldn't lose didn't anybody read Revelations? he's the fist of god nothing beats that no expression.

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
Crispen Allen Spectre wouldn't lose didn't anybody read Revelations? he's the fist of god nothing beats that no expression.

Crispus used to be a punching bag, he finally became someone.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Bentley
Crispus used to be a punching bag, he finally became someone. He is becoming a powerful Spectre thumb up

Galan007
Spectre ftw. I don't give a shit what Galactus eats beforehand.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567

Yeah I read it. Hyperbole is great. Especially when its redundant. Spectre is always God's fist/enforcer/vengeance, etc. Allen simply didn't know how to use the power before. And now he does. And right after that, he got his ass beaten and power drained by Mandrakk. Wouldn't be surprised if Galactus did the same.

Utrigita
Spectre for the win.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Spectre ftw. I don't give a shit what Galactus eats beforehand. What if he eats the Source?

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Spectre for the win.

thumb up

Priest
Originally posted by Mindset
What if he eats the Source?
mhmm

xJLxKing
Can he even do that? Didn't the Source like throw out Spectre like nothing. I would imagine that it would do the same to Gala

tjcoady
What if he ate another, different Spectre?

Philosophía
Spectre.

What if he ate another, different Spectre?

There is no 'different Spectre'. He is singular throughout creation.

tjcoady

Philosophía
I was kidding...

I know.

I just wanted to add that. uhuh

shokosugi

What if he eats your mom?

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi
What if he eats your mom? What if you eat out your mom?

shokosugi
What if you eat out your mom?

laughing laughing

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

guy222
Galactus doesn't win here

quanchi112
Galactus doesn't win here Too powerful imo. I mean Shazam took him to the distance and the only reason he didn't win was because of the whole magic thing which won't aid him against Galactus.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah I read it. Hyperbole is great. Especially when its redundant. Spectre is always God's fist/enforcer/vengeance, etc. Allen simply didn't know how to use the power before. And now he does. And right after that, he got his ass beaten and power drained by Mandrakk. Wouldn't be surprised if Galactus did the same.
I would be suprised considering mandrakk shits on galactus.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Too powerful imo. I mean Shazam took him to the distance and the only reason he didn't win was because of the whole magic thing which won't aid him against Galactus.

You using a hostless Spectre as an example for Crispus?

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
I would be suprised considering mandrakk shits on galactus.

Regular Galactus? Sure. After eating an universe? I would like to see feats.

quanchi112

Regular Galactus? Sure. After eating an universe? I would like to see feats. There is no host specified, so why wouldn't I?

fangirl101
Spectre ftw. I don't give a shit what Galactus eats beforehand.

Philosophía
thumb up

guy222
Even Utrigita who loves Galactus and a dear friend gives Spectre the win

Nuff said

Are we gonna say Galactus at full power takes on LT?

Spectre is the right hand of God. Nice feat by Crispus. Give him some love

Nihilist

Nuff said

Spectre is the right hand of God. Nice feat by Crispus. Give him some love galactus would eat LT

vlaaad12345

Regular Galactus? Sure. After eating an universe? I would like to see feats.
I would like to see feats from galactus eating a universe then being stronger then a guy who is powered by the dc multiverse,who feed on the spectre apparently without trouble,who is above dudes who basically sculpt reality with mere thoughts.

quanchi112

Nuff said

Spectre is the right hand of God. Nice feat by Crispus. Give him some love I think he is wrong though.

Spectre is nowhere near as powerful as the Lt imo by the by.

Bentley
I would like to see feats from galactus eating a universe then being stronger then a guy who is powered by the dc multiverse,who feed on the spectre apparently without trouble,who is above dudes who basically sculpt reality with mere thoughts.

Ok, first of all "being powered by X" is an argument that sucks balls. Himon is powered by the Source and he is a chump.

Feeding in the Spectre is pretty good, who are those dudes he owned? The Monitors? Sculpting reality is cool and all, but Galactus is above Cube beings who do exactly that and affect the multiverse... While hungry.

Bentley
I think he is wrong though.

Galactus is no LT. no expression

Galan007
It's funny how some people are acting as though they know how powerful Galactus would be after consuming a universe and such - despite his never having done so on panel.

none

vlaaad12345
Ok, first of all "being powered by X" is an argument that sucks balls. Himon is powered by the Source and he is a chump.

Feeding in the Spectre is pretty good, who are those dudes he owned? The Monitors? Sculpting reality is cool and all, but Galactus is above Cube beings who do exactly that and affect the multiverse... While hungry.
Galactus never shows himself above cube beings sorry hes a chump pretty much all the time,and hes powered by it as in he feeds off the entire thing.

quanchi112
Galactus is no LT. no expression He doesn't have to be to defeat the Spectre.Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Galactus never shows himself above cube beings sorry hes a chump pretty much all the time,and hes powered by it as in he feeds off the entire thing. no expression

Bentley
It's funny how some people are acting as though they know how powerful Galactus would be after consuming a universe and such - despite his never having done so on panel.

none

I assume he would be at least top be at the top of his past performances.

Galactus never shows himself above cube beings sorry hes a chump pretty much all the time,and hes powered by it as in he feeds off the entire thing.

You understand the idea of Full power? You choose to take his chump showings because...?

What about Galactus's tech powering Korvac for example? Or maybe fighting Agamotto in his own realm? Or the In-Betweener?

I'm not claiming that Galactus automatically beats Mandrakk because I say so, I'm asking what he has done to compare. Going by feats by name or by concept you could stumble by any number of characters that in theory do great thinks and then get killed by stupid stuff. For example, was Mandrakk really killed by a bunch of Supermen and GLs?

guy222
Originally posted by Nihilist
galactus would eat LT

Nope

Nope

Nope

stick out tongue

guy222
I think he is wrong though.

How does Galactus beat one who is empowered by the Presence?

He doesn't good friend

Galan007
I assume he would be at least top be at the top of his past performances. Which would be what exactly? Certainly not during the Black Celestial arc, in which he had been 'altered' by Tiamut, right?

Mindset
Which would be what exactly? Certainly not during the Black Celestial arc, in which he had been 'altered' by Tiamut, right? It's not like his alteration made Galactus any stronger

Galan007
It's not like his alteration made Galactus any stronger No, but it made his hunger geometrically greater - which is the only reason he might have been able to eat Marvel.

TricksterPriest
This is ****ing bullshit.........no expression

People are arguing Galactus actually has a chance? After what Crispus just did in FC, even he would chump Galactus, and he was one of the weakest Spectres. And also current, WHO FORUM RULES SAY WE REVERT TO. People bringing up Hostless Spectre is useless, and again, pointless. Also, considering what a hostless Spectre did in FC, I would not lowball him.........ermm

Utrigita
Which would be what exactly? Certainly not during the Black Celestial arc, in which he had been 'altered' by Tiamut, right?

Note: I still don't think Galactus wins.

However what about breaking the power of Five Cosmic Containment units? Is that something you can use?

Galan007
Note: I still don't think Galactus wins.

However what about breaking the power of Five Cosmic Containment units? Is that something you can use? I am by no means saying which Galactus we can and cannot use. However, it does seem wrong that some people are automatically reverting to a version of Galactus that only accomplished what he did, with outside assistance (ie. he didn't do it solo.)

Utrigita
I am by no means saying which Galactus we can and cannot use. However, it does seem wrong that some people are automatically reverting to a version of Galactus that only accomplished what he did, with outside assistance (ie. he didn't do it solo.)

You asked what would be the top of the top, I asked if five cosmic cube was something that you could use in that aspect, it is from my point of view a good feat.

Galan007
I'm not really sure what feat you're talking about, tbh.

Utrigita
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/

This One he is Using Gamora as a Scalpel, but I can see that it's a matter of how you choose to look at it.

Galan007
I guess that's a good feat, but how would it help against Spectre?

Utrigita
Did I say it would? I merely pointed out that if Galactus (in the relevant comic by Nova's account) hadn't been feeding prior to the hunting for Magus began, and yet was capable of seperating Eternity and Infinity bounded together by five cosmic cubes (one merged I believe four universe all in all), then try to amplify that up to full power, it relates very well with what Doom said actually, that even though he had a Cosmic Cube (and by Reeds account that was enough to make him master of the universe) he still went for Galactus power, in comparison to which he described the Cosmic Cube as but a Fraction. This is merely to give some perspective into that when People say high end feat it doesn't equal the Galactus from Black Celestial Act. However we still have Spectre (the way I understand it) who broke the power of the IG in the Marvel/DC crossover, which I believe both companies regard as canon.

Bentley
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

People are arguing Galactus actually has a chance? After what Crispus just did in FC, even he would chump Galactus, and he was one of the weakest Spectres. And also current, WHO FORUM RULES SAY WE REVERT TO. People bringing up Hostless Spectre is useless, and again, pointless. Also, considering what a hostless Spectre did in FC, I would not lowball him.........ermm

The only one arguing that Galactus can win this is Quan.

Which would be what exactly? Certainly not during the Black Celestial arc, in which he had been 'altered' by Tiamut, right?

I didn't mean that, Galactus has enough to go around just to hang in his feat of the Dark Celestial saga.

Mindset
No, but it made his hunger geometrically greater - which is the only reason he might have been able to eat Marvel. Actually that would be wrong.

He is pretty much always hungry, but seeing as he doesn't want to destroy the universe he settles for planets.

Galan007
Actually that would be wrong.

He is pretty much always hungry, but seeing as he doesn't want to destroy the universe he settles for planets. Actually, it would be correct. Here's the panel I was referencing:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1258584_t1.jpg

Mindset
Actually, it would be correct. Here's the panel I was referencing:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1258584_t1.jpg I know what you were talking about, you were wrong in thinking that he would only be able to keep eating because of Tiamut's alteration.

Raoul
god = god's left hand = god's right hand > galactus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
god > god's left hand = god's right hand > galactus. god's right hand > god's left hand

Raoul
god's right hand > god's left hand

god is ambidextrous. uhuh

Galan007
I know what you were talking about, you were wrong in thinking that he would only be able to keep eating because of Tiamut's alteration. I only said that Tiamut altered G, and increased his hunger geometrically.

I never said Galactus doesn't have the potential to accomplish the same type of 'feat' as he did during the BCA, on his own. However, it is a 'feat' he has yet to achieve, sans outside assistance.

Mindset
which is the only reason he might have been able to eat Marvel. ...

Galan007
ie. the omniverse.

If you have something that says he could eat the omniverse without having his hunger drastically increased, you can post it whenever.

smile

Mindset
You don't realize you are contradicting yourself?

I never said Galactus doesn't have the potential to accomplish the same type of 'feat' as he did during the BCA, on his own.

Galan007
I'm not contradicting myself whatsoever. I just don't think you're following what I am saying.

Mindset
How do these not contradict?
I never said Galactus doesn't have the potential to accomplish the same type of 'feat' as he did during the BCA, on his own.

No, but it made his hunger geometrically greater - which is the only reason he might have been able to eat Marvel.

quanchi112
How does Galactus beat one who is empowered by the Presence?

He doesn't good friend This isn't about the presence it's about the Spectre.Originally posted by TricksterPriest

People are arguing Galactus actually has a chance? After what Crispus just did in FC, even he would chump Galactus, and he was one of the weakest Spectres. And also current, WHO FORUM RULES SAY WE REVERT TO. People bringing up Hostless Spectre is useless, and again, pointless. Also, considering what a hostless Spectre did in FC, I would not lowball him.........ermm I said hostless spectre because unless otherwise specified I am not checking my dates and the comics to see which one is being applied.

Galan007
How do these not contradict? Because character potential, and character feats are two completely different things.

As far as these threads are concerned, what Galactus has the potential to do is quite meaningless if he's never actually done so. And in terms of feats, the only time he might have been able to eat Marvel was during the BCA (when he was altered.)

guy222
The Presence empowers the Spectre

and Spectre is gonna win

I don't see how Galactus wins. He's not consuming the Spectre

Thats just silly

iceman24567

and Spectre is gonna win

Thats just silly thumb up

Mindset
Because character potential, and character feats are two completely different things.

As far as these threads are concerned, what Galactus has the potential to do is quite meaningless if he's never actually done so. And in terms of feats, the only time he might have been able to eat Marvel was during the BCA (when he was altered.)
You saying he was only able to do something because of the alteration contradicts your statement that he has the potential to do it on his own.

Also Galactus doesn't have a limit to the amount of energy he can consume, the only thing that stops him is himself. Which is again why I say you are wrong when you say the only reason he was going to be able to consume the universe was because of Tiamut.

It's pretty obvious that Galactus could do this on his own since the only thing Tiamut changed was Galactus hunger and nothing else.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Spec wins this one

Galan007
You saying he was only able to do something because of the alteration contradicts your statement that he has the potential to do it on his own. But the potential I was referring to, is unrealized potential - so it's quite meaningless in a debate. That was the point of my last post.

It's pretty obvious that Galactus could do this on his own Except the only time Galactus may have actually been able to do so on panel (which is all that really matters) is when his hunger was increased by Tiamut. I'm not going to debate what he might be able to do on his own, though.

Meh, whatevs..

Mindset
But the potential I was refering to, is unrealized potential - so it's quite meaningless in a debate. That was the point point of my last post.

Except the only time Galactus may have actually been able to do so (which is all that really matters) is when his hunger was increased by Tiamut. I'm not going to debate what he might be able to do on his own, though.

But I'm sure if Mr M responds he'll post a shit ton of scans that have nothing to do with this particular debate.... So there's always that to look forward to. ermm I wasn't trying to use it in a debate, I just don't see how you didn't think those two posts were contrary to each other. He can't both have the potential to do it on his on and only be able to do it because of alteration. That doesn't make sense.

It's a possibility that Galactus could absorb the whole universe because he never actually did it, but it's a fact the Galactus has the power to reproduce what was actually shown in the arc because nothing about his power was changed only his appetite, which has no bearing over his power.

Enyalus
Galan - what has Crispus Spectre done featwise that puts him above a full-powered Galactus? What impressed you?

Galan007
but it's a fact the Galactus has the power to reproduce what was actually shown in the arc because nothing about his power was changed only his appetite, which has no bearing over his power. Ehh, his hunger was geometrically increased. That has everything to do with the 'feat' in question.

However, it's a moot point any way you cut it.

Mindset
ur a moot point!

Galan007
I know. sad

over

iceman24567
ur a moot point! thumb up

zeel
Too powerful imo. I mean Shazam took him to the distance and the only reason he didn't win was because of the whole magic thing which won't aid him against Galactus.

Shazam didnt win because the specter is basically the hand of god and eats skyfathers for breakfast. Shazam never had a chance. Although he put up a good fight considering he just fought mordu earlier.

UKR
Augh, shitbeans. I didn't know Galactus had to eat the whole omniverse or whatever to reach full power. Can someone change my original post so that it says he does that? Everyone just assume he's at real full power.

kgkg
Originally posted by UKR
Augh, shitbeans. I didn't know Galactus had to eat the whole omniverse or whatever to reach full power. Can someone change my original post so that it says he does that? Everyone just assume he's at real full power. that he eats the omniverse? laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by UKR
Augh, shitbeans. I didn't know Galactus had to eat the whole omniverse or whatever to reach full power. Can someone change my original post so that it says he does that? Everyone just assume he's at real full power. He never ate the omniverse.

kgkg
He never ate the omniverse. check Galactus v3 #102 page ten
he eats the Omniverse and than god

vansonbee

and Spectre is gonna win

Thats just silly thumb up

Knowsbleed33
Fully backed Spectre would win.

That's about it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

and Spectre is gonna win

Thats just silly

Agreed.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Fully backed Spectre would win.

That's about it. Agree with your post, but if not backed up by The Presence, Spectre will fall! evil face

Mr Master

However we still have Spectre (the way I understand it)
who broke the power of the IG in the Marvel/DC crossover,
which I believe both companies regard as canon.
Never once has it been depicted or stated on panel, (in Marvel comics)
that Spectre did anything to the IG,
or any other Marvel artifact or character for that matter.

That silly cross-over isn't canon to Marvel,
not by any stretch of the imagination,
and the ambibuous vague single sentence reference
made about it in that single Handbook entry,
doesn't define anything.

Btw. Spectre didn't break any IG, or any other power anyway,
Spectre separated some cross-over aspect of Eternity from Kismet,
nothing more,
the sentience that was supposedly controlling those artifacts (Krona)
got stomped like a b*tch by Hawkeye & Flash prior to that laughing out loud
and I'm sure nor the IG or any other artifact there was acting on its own.

Mr Master

Also Galactus doesn't have a limit to the amount of energy he can consume, the only thing that stops him is himself. Which is again why I say you are wrong when you say the only reason he was going to be able to consume the universe was because of Tiamut.

It's pretty obvious that Galactus could do this on his own since the only thing Tiamut changed was Galactus hunger and nothing else.
thumb up ... 100% accurate and true.

616 Galactus has shown on panel he can devour infinite amounts of energy,
like when he fed on Hyperstorm's connection to hyperspace.

Also, 616 Galactus is made up of infinite energy,
we know this is true,
cause when he died, (on panel btw)
he transformed into a star that would radiate enery for eternity.

Mr Master
Who wins?

Whatever, Galactus wins, Spectre wins ... *shrug* just another opinion.

Now, onto the possible facts,
Galactus at full power = no more omniverse ... I re-create the omniverse.

Has this ever been actually depicted on panel?

Nah,
Galactus, although mostly neutral, is somewhat of a good guy too,
he defends reality,
he maintains cosmic consonance,
Eternity/Infinity is his father/mother/brother ect,
so ... you ain't gonna see big G taking out universes for fun,
it's not in his nature, and certainly not in his interest.

This is why we've been given several alternate stories concerning 616 G,
like 616 G in the future (BCA & the Last Galactus story)
to give us insight into what he's capable of,
without actually having to destroy all of Marvel in order to do so.

BCA, (which spans across 616 FF/616Avengers and 691GOTG)
demonstrates to us that Galactus can eat the Omniverse,
because he would've undoubtably if he himself did not stop.

Last Galactus story (Byrne's future vision concerning 616 G)
has Galactus destroying the Marvel Universe battling Ecce,
Ecce is defeated,
then Galactus cracks open his chest where his infinite energies are stored,
and proceeds to create all of Marvel anew.
(that's a mega high positioning for Ecce as well I might add)

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
616 Galactus has shown on panel he can devour infinite amounts of energy,
like when he fed on Hyperstorm's connection to hyperspace. In no way/shape/form did Galactus devour an infinite amount of energy when he started feeding on Hyperstorm. The only way that would be correct is if Galactus would've devoured Hyperspace itself (ie. the true source of infinite energy.) But he didn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.