Deathstroke vs Cyber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
to the death!
Cyber is in his original body!
fight in a city!
standard gear, no prep,
who wins?

golem370
Cyber but isn't Deathstroke immortal?

Darkness_Within
deathstroke would shove a grenade into cybers mouth or something and then shove a few more while he's regenerating

StiltmanFTW
I think Way retconned Cyber's healing factor in Wolverine Origins #32... so Deathstroke FTW.

Darkness_Within
does he still have a healing factor? he's jumping body to body

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darkness_Within
does he still have a healing factor? he's jumping body to body

No, he doesn't, but OP said that in this fight he's in his original body.

So we're not supposed to use the current version. It makes no difference though; like I said, Way retconned Cyber's HF.

Battlehammer
way dident reconnt his healing factor.........cyber just been in a new body that does not posses unless I missed something

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
way dident reconnt his healing factor.........cyber just been in a new body that does not posses unless I missed something

Wolverine Origins #32

In this issue it's been heavily implied that Cyber's never possessed accelerated healing.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5254/wo32oroborosdcp011td0.th.jpg http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7016/cyberretcon1nj6.th.jpg http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/710/wo32oroborosdcp016hd3.th.jpg

In my view, that's a retcon.

srankmissingnin
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo how is it that a man without a healing factor hasn't aged in 200 years. confused

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine Origins #32

In this issue it's been heavily implied that Cyber's never possessed accelerated healing.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5254/wo32oroborosdcp011td0.th.jpg http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7016/cyberretcon1nj6.th.jpg http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/710/wo32oroborosdcp016hd3.th.jpg

In my view, that's a retcon.
yea he means currently not previously. He talking about his current body. That in no way reconnt his last bodies abilities.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo how is it that a man without a healing factor hasn't aged in 200 years. confused

Good question. Ask Way.
What about Xavier? He fought in the Korean War. He should be almost 80 years old by now.

Anyway, longevity does not necessarily mean HF.

yea he means currently not previously. He talking about his current body. That in no way reconnt his last bodies abilities.

IMO he means both.

...my adamantium had to go on the outside.

This is where it happened.

Not to mention that he didn't succeed to recover from just three bullets.

Kris Blaze

Same way Wraith didn't age maybe

Wild Shadow
i though all the weapon X guys got wolverines regeneration power from his DNA, some members suffered from adverse reaction from the implant or genetic tinkering like mastadon, and i remember aldo ferro/psi borg wanted the the same upgrade that all the members received which is why he helped alter wolverines memories in the first place.

so ppl like silver fox and wraith maverick all got some kind of age retartation using logans dna.

not saying everyone recieved a full blown HF like wolvies but some of the members did get a slower version of it.

confused

just throwing it out their after all cyber recovered from a face slash from a bone claw logan, also from a tanker of poison and hallucinagens and being burned and roasted.

you dont walk away with that kind of punishment without a little help of a HF.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i though all the weapon X guys got wolverines regeneration power from his DNA, some members suffered from adverse reaction from the implant or genetic tinkering like mastadon, and i remember aldo ferro/psi borg wanted the the same upgrade that all the members received which is why he helped alter wolverines memories in the first place.

so ppl like silver fox and wraith maverick all got some kind of age retartation using logans dna.

not saying everyone recieved a full blown HF like wolvies but some of the members did get a slower version of it.

confused

just throwing it out their after all cyber recovered from a face slash from a bone claw logan, also from a tanker of poison and hallucinagens and being burned and roasted.

you dont walk away with that kind of punishment without a little help of a HF.

Cyber wasn't a part of Weapon X project.

I'm not denying that his original body had the ability to heal itself rapidly, I'm simply under the impression that Way retconned it.

Wild Shadow
cyber was wolverines instructor in the weapon x compound in canada the hudson military camp...

he was a big part of the initial conspiracy along with sabretooth that at the time was a recruiter.

EDIT:
not sure how much has bn retconned but that was always a big part of logans relation to cyber when he possessed his original body.

really hate the word retconned unless they dismiss the past all together....or you are simply refering to a more detailed explanation, of cybers new body cause then it is not a retcon.

StiltmanFTW
cyber was wolverines instructor in the weapon x compound in canada the hudson military camp...

he was a big part of the initial conspiracy along with sabretooth that at the time was a recruiter.

That happened around WWI. Pre-Weapon X.

StiltmanFTW
not sure how much has bn retconned but that was always a big part of logans relation to cyber when he possessed his original body.

really hate the word retconned unless they dismiss the past all together....or you are simply refering to a more detailed explanation, of cybers new body cause then it is not a retcon.

Check the scans above... Way "explained" that Cyber 's adamantium "had to go on the outside", 'cause he never has HF... that's the impression I got and I'm sure that readers new to Cyber got that too...

You think I like it? I do not. Not my fault that Way acts like that.

Wild Shadow
if that was remotely true or possible he would never have survived the process to begin with. i am not dismissing it but the explanation contradicts the evidence of him being alive. even in the new body he should be dead they really screwed the technical details but whatever.

StiltmanFTW
To be fair, Cyber's stated that the second time adamantium was grafted to his skin was somewhat less dangerous.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6728/wo32oroborosdcp017xy0.th.jpg

Wild Shadow
kinda sad the "bonding" process should still effect cyber even on the outside of his body it is still poison to his system.... he should be taking pills like bullseye does, did anyone explain the carbonadium poisoning yet?

just curious havent kept up with cyber.

StiltmanFTW
kinda sad the "bonding" process should still effect cyber even on the outside of his body it is still poison to his system

I know.

.... he should be taking pills like bullseye does,

What issue? I don't recall Bullseye taking pills in order to fight adamantium poisoning.

did anyone explain the carbonadium poisoning yet?just curious havent kept up with cyber.

His condition worsened (see his face), he tried to gain carbonadium synthesizer, but in the end he apparently died of an heart attack (caused by Daken's pheromone manipulation).

Rhinoceros

Ask Nick Fury. There are other ways to prolong your life than HF.

Wild Shadow
nick takes infinity formula that is provided by shield it slows down his aging but he is still pretty old looking.

i dont recall sorry not much of a bullseye fan.

i was just thinking the only ppl that could have provided the adamandium procedure was still just weapon x because they were the only ones at the time with the know how and the metal. it doesnt matter if ppl think it wasnt weapon x but all the signs still point to the same ppl in the conspiracy.

critical thinking at work.

stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
nick takes infinity formula that is provided by shield it slows down his aging but he is still pretty old looking.

I think Rhinoceros just gave an example of longevity that does not come from HF.

i dont recall sorry not much of a bullseye fan.

i was just thinking the only ppl that could have provided the adamandium procedure was still just weapon x because they were the only ones at the time with the know how and the metal. it doesnt matter if ppl think it wasnt weapon x but all the signs still point to the same ppl in the conspiracy.

critical thinking at work.

stick out tongue

As far as I know, that was the first time anyone had attempting bonding adamantium to a human. - Cyber

Who said Weapon X was first? Anyway, Romulus killed the ironworkers and frankly, it looked like "the watchmaker" was next.

StiltmanFTW
^
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5136/wo32oroborosdcp025ns8.th.jpg

Wild Shadow
that doesnt proof that romulus wasnt part of the conspiracy and pulling strings of the weapon x project at all.

StiltmanFTW
Why should Romulus supply Cyber with an artificial healing factor or an age retardation drug?

(...)even from the beginning, you were... less than what he'd hoped for. - Daken to Cyber

Battlehammer
Classic cyber had a healing factor. I dont see how what way said reconnts it. He simply referring to his new body. It not a clear enough statement to consider it a reconnt of any sort.

also cyber healing factor has never been near wolverines level.

StiltmanFTW
Classic cyber had a healing factor.

I'm aware of it.

I dont see how what way said reconnts it. He simply referring to his new body. It not a clear enough statement to consider it a reconnt of any sort.

Cyber 's own explanation for having adamantium grafted to his skin instead of having his bones laced with it was the lack of HF. Way put these words in his mouth. In my view, that's a retcon. Of course I can be wrong - maybe Way simply had no idea about Burr's accelerated healing and that was not his intent.

also cyber healing factor has never been near wolverines level.

True.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm aware of it.

Cyber 's own explanation for having adamantium grafted to his skin instead of having his bones laced with it was the lack of HF. Way put these words in his mouth. In my view, that's a retcon. Of course I can be wrong - maybe Way simply had no idea about Burr's accelerated healing and that was not his intent.

True.
this could be true or he only mend for his present body.

Wild Shadow
the word retcon needs to be used sparingly here, cause nothing has really been made clear whatsoever. or been ignored. it may be inconsistent but not a retcon.

godking
this could be true or he only mend for his present body. no i just reread that comic he was clearly referring to his original body.

srankmissingnin
Cyber was a serial killer with no military affiliations more than 100 years before the formation of Department H or the invention of the Infinity Formula.

Wild Shadow
so who recieved adamantium first?

what is the timeline from the discovery of the metal and the bonding process to ppl?

i mean the only one that knew at the time was lord dark wind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.