Create a Basketball squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
There's another thread like this, the difference here is no one above mid-tier is allowed.

Starters...

Point Gaurd
Shooting Guard
Center
Power Foward
Small Foward

And your bench...

Who do you got?

My Starters...

PG: Nightcrawler
SG: Vance Astro
C: Blob
PF: Luke Cage
SF: Mr. Fantastic

Bench

PG: Spider-Man
SG: Bullseye
C: Toxin
PF: Power Girl
SF: Beast Boy

tkitna
Point Guard - Flash

(you can enter the rest if you'd like)

Enyalus
No one above mid-tier...

Enyalus
Starters:

PG: Northstar
C: Atlas
PF: Atom Smasher
SF: Prometheus (after downloading Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain's skills.)

For a bench...meh, I don't care. Nightcrawler and Blink would be two.

ThunderGodEneru
Wolverine for all positions.

Bouboumaster
huc

Mindset
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

And Lebron James will be there to be Kobe's towel boy

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

love thumb up

tsscls
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

To do what? Wipe the tears off of Kobe's rape victims? That's right, i went there. I remember even if noone else does! Kobe doesn't understand the word, no. eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by tsscls
To do what? Wipe the tears off of Kobe's rape victims? That's right, i went there. I remember even if noone else does! Kobe doesn't understand the word, no. That's why he's a winner.

tsscls
That's why he's a winner.
exactly

geshien
facepalm

Silent Guardian
Michael Jordan (prime)
Flash
Mr. Fantastic
Spiderman
Superman

tsscls
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
Michael Jordan (prime)
Flash
Mr. Fantastic
Spiderman
Superman

You had to bring Jordan into this. He'd make Kobe and Lebron his Dog's bitches. It's true. Happy Dance

geshien
Michael Jordan (prime)
Flash
Mr. Fantastic
Spiderman
Superman

You have three individuals above mid-tier.

Superman, Flash and Michael Jordan Prime.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by geshien
You have three individuals above mid-tier.

Superman, Flash and Michael Jordan Prime.

Oh your right, my bad. I did not read the first post fully. I will repost a new team

EDIT: hey, but people before me had posted Flash, Power girl and Atlas! Just saying. I will take Jordan out cause he is obviously unfair

tsscls
Oh your right, my bad. I did not read the first post fully. I will repost a new team

EDIT: hey, but people before me had posted Flash, Power girl and Atlas! Just saying. I will take Jordan out cause he is obviously unfair
Thanks, fanboy! stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Wilt Chamberlain>Everyone previously mentioned. cool

I'm Bran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wilt Chamberlain>Everyone previously mentioned. cool
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Can I blame Storm and Black Panther for being black? laughing out loud

?

geshien

He was called on it. And Power Girl and Atlas are upper mid-tiers. Still mid-tier characters.

And yes, putting Mike on your squad is just spite.

golem370
Point Gaurd Vargas
Shooting Guard Immortal Hercules
Center WWH
Power Foward Classic Juggernaut
Small Foward Harald Jaekelsson

Mid Tier

PG: Spider-Man
SG: Deathlok
C: Hemingway
PF: J2
SF: Strong Guy

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm a laker fan being from L.A. and a Kobe fan to be sure. However, Lebron having Kobe's towel.... IMO Lebron is every bit the player Kobe is. He's stronger in some areas and a little weaker in others.

Tenebrous
Say whatever you want man...the fact that lebron is being compared to kobe when lebron is 6 or so years his junior says enough.

my team
one pip the troll
two deadshot
three barack obama
four luke cage
five giant man

bench
one batman
two dr octopus
three wolverine
four beast
five elastic man

reserve: kitty pryde

head coach: Thanos
assistant coaches: mr. fantastic, superman, dr. doom

college scout: eson the searcher

GM: living tribunal

team owner: lex luthor

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Say whatever you want man...the fact that lebron is being compared to kobe when lebron is 6 or so years his junior says enough.

my team
one pip the troll
two deadshot
three barack obama
four luke cage
five giant man

bench
one batman
two dr octopus
three wolverine
four beast
five hyrdo man

head coach: Thanos
assistant coaches: mr. fantastic, superman, dr. doom

college scout: eson the searcher

GM: living tribunal

What does being his junior have to do with anything? I would take Derick Rose over Fisher, Mo Williams, Duhon, T.J. Ford, Billups or even Parker. Just becaues your younger doesn't make you not better. I feel Lebron is certainly better at certain aspects of the game. Age has little to do with it. At this point in their career and I was able to get one of them. I would pick Lebron over Kobe to bulld my team around.

Enyalus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
At this point in their career and I was able to get one of them. I would pick Lebron over Kobe to bulld my team around.

Then you'd have zero championships instead of three. stick out tongue

For the record,
Originally posted by Enyalus
Starters:

PG: Northstar
C: Atlas
PF: Atom Smasher
SF: Prometheus (after downloading Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain's skills.)

^ is still the best team out there. wink

Mindset

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/11895659943331.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi

For the record,

^ is still the best team out there. wink

How many has Kobe won since he's become the main man on the team? That would be a big zero. Shaq, Horry and Fish made a huge difference in winning those championships. Lebron is just as good or maybe not quite as good but younger and going to get better. As I said he's already better in certain areas. So, hell yeah in building a team right now I go with the younger stud who's just as good. OOoo yeah stick out tongue

Mindset
How many has Kobe won since he's become the main man on the team? That would be a big zero. Shaq, Horry and Fish made a huge difference in winning those championships. Lebron is just as good or maybe not quite as good but younger and going to get better. As I said he's already better in certain areas. So, hell yeah in building a team right now I go with the younger stud who's just as good. OOoo yeah stick out tongue Lebron is in his prime and Kobe is getting old, this should be the time Lebron shows himself to be better, but he can't, because he isn't. uhuh

Right now Lebron's only job is to hold Kobe's towel and wait for him to retire.

He needs to forget that crab dribble and practice shooting.

Enyalus
right now I go with the younger stud who's just as good. OOoo yeah

Gay.

illadelph12
Somewhere Dwyane Wade is reading this thread on his laptop and crying.

Tenebrous
Lebron is in his prime and Kobe is getting old, this should be the time Lebron shows himself to be better, but he can't, because he isn't. uhuh

You have GOT to be kidding.

You're calling age 24 being in basketball prime?

So Jordan should have won all those championships...instead of the pistons, since he was in his prime at age 24?

Silent Guardian
this thread is becoming so off topic. big grin

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lebron is in his prime and Kobe is getting old, this should be the time Lebron shows himself to be better, but he can't, because he isn't. uhuh

Do you watch basketball or even play ball. I've played ball for many years organized ball and street. Lebron is by no means in his prime he's just that much of a stud. Second, he is every bit as good as Kobe is and better in some areas. The only area I give Kobe the advantage in is FT and pure dribbling skills.

AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster
Prometheus
Bullseye
Shocker
Rhino

Bench- Barack Obama, Electro, Deadpool, Cosmo and Rocket Racoon.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tenebrous
You have GOT to be kidding.

You're calling age 24 being in basketball prime?

So Jordan should have won all those championships...instead of the pistons, since he was in his prime at age 24? 24-27 is prime, anything after that is getting old(relatively speaking), that not just sports, that's biology...once you get in your late 20's you slow down physically.

What does Jordan not winning at 24 have to do with it?

Mindset
Do you watch basketball or even play ball. I've played ball for many years organized ball and street. Lebron is by no means in his prime he's just that much of a stud. Second, he is every bit as good as Kobe is and better in some areas. The only area I give Kobe the advantage in is FT and pure dribbling skills. Yes I do watch and play basketball and I'd dominate you mentally and physically if we ever played. smile

Mid twenties is when you're in your prime, this is a wide known fact.

His basketball IQ may increase with age, but his physicality is in it's prime.

iceman24567
Lebron has already shown he is a better overall play than Kobe no expression

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lebron has already shown he is a better overall play than Kobe no expression And you're basing this off of only stats? no expression

iceman24567
And you're basing this off of only stats? no expression Nah basing it off of the Cavs having a better record and Lebron making his team better than they should be. The east is tougher than the West this year.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah basing it off of the Cavs having a better record and Lebron making his team better than they should be. The east is tougher than the West this year. Except the Cavs don't have a better record.

Lebron isn't making his team better than they should be, his team it pretty much just as good as the Lakers. Of course he's the star, but it's not like he's surrounded by scrubs and he's their only reason for winning.

I'd say the East is slightly harder than the West, but it's not by some huge margin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes I do watch and play basketball and I'd dominate you mentally and physically if we ever played. smile

Mid twenties is when you're in your prime, this is a wide known fact.

His basketball IQ may increase with age, but his physicality is in it's prime.

Mindset you would get trashed if we ever played basketball one v one. Your chances of winning would be about 5% imo. If you live in S. Cali I would be more then happy to place a wager on a game of ball for cash. It would be ownage. Second, your not correct that lebron is in his prime. Prime is in your late twenties (27-31))and that is a well known fact. If you can't watch Lebron and understand that he's better then Kobe in certain ways and has a more dominant basketball body then you have no clue about basketball. Lebron will get better and will be better and lead a team to a championship and probably more then one.

Mindset
Mindset you would get trashed if we ever played basketball one v one. Your chances of winning would be about 5% imo. If you live in S. Cali I would be more then happy to place a wager on a game for ball. Second, your not correct that lebron is in his prime. Prime is in your late twenties and that is a well known fact. If you can't watch Lebron and understand that he's better then Kobe in certain ways and has a more dominant basketball body then you have no clue about basketball. Lebron will get better and will be better and lead a team to a championship and probably more then one. Nah, I'd son you if we ever played, that's a guarantee.

Actually no, physically your prime is what I said. The combination of bball intelligence and physicality might be closer to 30, but you give up some physical advantages you had.

Of course Lebron has a more dominant body, he's bigger than Kobe.

When did I say Lebron wont get better, that's the future and we are talking about the present.

Mindset
http://myfunnypics.org/d/1337-1/Kobe+Bryant+and+Lebron+James+in+this+funny+photo.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Except the Cavs don't have a better record.

Lebron isn't making his team better than they should be, his team it pretty much just as good as the Lakers. Of course he's the star, but it's not like he's surrounded by scrubs and he's their only reason for winning.

I'd say the East is slightly harder than the West, but it's not by some huge margin.

He doesn't have scrubs around him but Kobe has Gasol, Bynum and Odom around him... Who does Lebron have Mo Williams and who else Big Z haha lol. Lebron has taken his team to the finals with a lot less then Kobe has i.e. last year with Gasol, Odom etc.

iceman24567
He doesn't have scrubs around him but Kobe has Gasol, Bynum and Odom around him... Who does Lebron have Mo Williams and who else Big Z haha lol. Lebron has taken his team to the finals with a lot less then Kobe has i.e. last year with Gasol, Odom etc. Kobe has more support thumb up

geshien
This has gone horribly off topic. Take it to the Sports section and to the NBA thread.

(And for the record Lebron can't be king till the throne is vacant. Kobe's game hasn't left and he's not going anywhere, yet.

Lebron is the future and so long as he's star player, he's gonna have haters, especially at his caliber. It's true.)

illadelph12
Quicksilver - SF
Venom - PF
Atom Smasher - C
Bullseye - G
Nightcrawler - PG

Bench
Spiderman - PG/SG/SF
Gambit - SG/SF
Collossus -PF/C
Vertigo - PG (Co ed; disorient opponents in crunch time)
Beast - SG/SF/PF (Utility Player)
Longshot - SG (the Steve Kerr/Robert Horry role player that every championship team needs)
Apocalypse - PF/C

Darth Martin
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant

And Lebron James will be there to be Kobe's towel boy QFT

Point Guard: Spider-Man
Shooting Guard: Bullseye
Small-Forward: Plastic Man
Power Forward: Hulk
Center: Hank Pym

6th Man: Nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.