scientology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carnage52
is my religion fancy disscusing it.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Isn't it a cult?

Da Pittman
I went to one of the "church" services and I have to say that was one of the weirdest things I've been to. I never go the whole "look at the floor", "look at the wall" thing.

Digi
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Isn't it a cult?

By most definitions of the word, yes.

inimalist
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Isn't it a cult?

in academic religious studies, the definition of "cult" is simply a "new religious movement"

I like that definition simply because once one gets into the pejorative definitions of "cult", it becomes almost impossible to separate Heaven's Gate from Christianity, especially given the diversity of practice in Christian faiths.

Defining "new" and "religious" might be contentious, but I think less so than ideas of "brainwashing" or "seclusion".

~Forever*Alone~
Originally posted by carnage52
is my religion fancy disscusing it.

I don't really know anything about it, care to outline some of your beliefs and origin? what sort of activities does your church do?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
I don't really know anything about it, care to outline some of your beliefs and origin? what sort of activities does your church do?

Apart from ripping people off smokin'

lil bitchiness
Go here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.