has silver surfers board ever been damaged by brute force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
by "damage" I mean even small crack or a dent

with blunt force or a blade or energy weapon or something like that

I mean anything other than what Molecule Man did

iirc it never happened but Im not sure

Galan007
Jesus shattered it:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1265382_ss1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1265383_ss2.jpg

This isn't a vs. thread, btw.

Zack Fair
Jebus Cable destroyed Surfer's board.

SoulDevourer
thx guys

**** I dont remember this part with Nathan

wow that some SERIOUS energy blast lol

This isn't a vs. thread, btw. yeah I realize this too late sad I wanted to make it prelude to a vs thread actualy

guy222
Durok broke the board

Enyalus
Originally posted by guy222
Durok broke the board

Durok = Beastly. smile

shokosugi
that was an awesome scan. SS is one of the most OVER-Rated b-level Marvel character and I'm glad to see him getting owned.

TricksterPriest
I should probably point out that Surfer got right back up, unharmed, and then oneshotted Cable. whistle Jesus Cable was outgunned and outmatched.

Enyalus
Originally posted by shokosugi
that was an awesome scan. SS is one of the most OVER-Rated b-level Marvel character and I'm glad to see him getting owned.

Except he won that battle, genius.

Aw, TP beat me to it. sad

Sin I AM
cable is so sexy

I'm Bran
Morg cut it in half.

Firelord smashed it.

T/A damaged it pretty good.

Not sure if just A damaged it when she fought him the first time.

etc.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Enyalus
Except he won that battle, genius.

Aw, TP beat me to it. sad

Whatever Happy Dance

I'm Bran
Whatever Happy Dance lol

I like your style admittedly. Just going through threads spouting off fecal matter, and then not caring when you're proven wrong.

thumb up

D_Dude1210
Missed reading that comic, any chance you can continue the scans to where he owns cable right back? big grin

I'm Bran
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Missed reading that comic, any chance you can continue the scans to where he owns cable right back? big grin Near bottom of page:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t459252.html

shokosugi
Originally posted by I'm Bran
lol

I like your style admittedly. Just going through threads spouting off fecal matter, and then not caring when you're proven wrong.

thumb up

haha SS got owned that that was my point. Cable getting owned after that is not my concern.

I'm Bran
haha SS got owned that that was my point. Cable getting owned after that is not my concern. How do you get owned when you don't even get hurt, or affected?

nvrmind.

id369

Enyalus

id369
Originally posted by Enyalus
Did McDuffie write it?

Just sayin'. Dan Chariton and Stacy Weiss

I'm Bran
Oh ya... v4.

I remember that... he was unaffected by the same attack that shattered his board, iirc.

Sin I AM
but norrin is more sexy

carnage52
How do you get owned when you don't even get hurt, or affected?

nvrmind. crazy troll logic.

Bouboumaster

You didn't seen the rest of the fight, do you?

Nihilist
lol

thumb up crylaugh

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by id369
In v4, Surfer’s board was shattered by an atomic explosion caused by some missile‘s. is that cannon?

if SS board is not as tough as Caps shield then this means Galactus tech is inferior to earth tech
yet Galactus is suppose to be like way ahead of humans huh

kgkg
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
is that cannon?

if SS board is not as tough as Caps shield then this means Galactus tech is inferior to earth tech
yet Galactus is suppose to be like way ahead of humans huh It is suppose to be indestructible.

If it can survive the heat of star , a black hole-- it shouldn't be destroyed that easily.

The reason why Caps shield , Wov Claw don't get destroy it's simple they can't remake it or get a new one easily.

While Surfer's Board getting destroyed it's no big deal.

to be fair the people that have destroyed it are pretty powerful for the most part

Galan007
that was an awesome scan. SS is one of the most OVER-Rated b-level Marvel character and I'm glad to see him getting owned. Then you ought to love the part where Surfer owns Cable a few pages later.... With mere eye-beams:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1269956_ss3.jpg

thumb up

carver9
People is also forgetting that god like cable was a beast and the only reason he lost to surfer was due to surfer exploiting his x gene. God like cable was the most powerful being on marvel u planet by far and if it was anybody else besides surfer, they would have gotten there ass whipped.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by carver9
People is also forgetting that god like cable was a beast and the only reason he lost to surfer was due to surfer exploiting his x gene. God like cable was the most powerful being on marvel u planet by far and if it was anybody else besides surfer, they would have gotten there ass whipped.

No. God Cable was far from the most powerful being. Galactus would still whoop his ass and Thor and Juggernaut, and BRB, Thanos, and the list goes on. Where did you get that logic from?

carver9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
No. God Cable was far from the most powerful being. Galactus would still whoop his ass and Thor and Juggernaut, and BRB, Thanos, and the list goes on. Where did you get that logic from?

1st thing I was talking about beings on marvel earth and I disagree with everyone on your list beating him except thanos and thanos would have had a fight on his hands. The only reason surfer beat him was by exploiting his X gene, without that surfer would have lost that fight, since, well, cable did bust up his board which is considered inderstructible with his fist. Maybe you need to look at the story again and you'll know god like cable potential.

By the way, I will be pming you today on your response that you sent me last week. I didnt forget.

Naija boy
1st thing I was talking about beings on marvel earth and I disagree with everyone on your list beating him except thanos and thanos would have had a fight on his hands. The only reason surfer beat him was by exploiting his X gene, without that surfer would have lost that fight, since, well, cable did bust up his board which is considered inderstructible with his fist. Maybe you need to look at the story again and you'll know god like cable potential.

By the way, I will be pming you today on your response that you sent me last week. I didnt forget.

Whoa, slow down man.Surfer was in no danger of losing that match X gene or no X gene. He was holding back throughout the entire fight. Cable busting up surfers board means nothing as surfer has taken attacks that have destroyed his board completely unscathed. Also he didnt destroy it with his fist but used a blast. Any of the guys that Wei mentioned would be able to take him out as well.

Anti-Monitor

Lulz at being B level.

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Whoa, slow down man.Surfer was in no danger of losing that match X gene or no X gene. He was holding back throughout the entire fight. Cable busting up surfers board means nothing as surfer has taken attacks that have destroyed his board completely unscathed. Also he didnt destroy it with his fist but used a blast. Any of the guys that Wei mentioned would be able to take him out as well.

I agree with your post, I did go over board with the surfer deal but the only beings that wei listed that could POSSIBLY take him out is thor, brb, and thanos, the rest would get overwhelmed if you asked me. The only reason I gave thor and brb a chance is do to there versatility.

Naija boy
I agree with your post, I did go over board with the surfer deal but the only beings that wei listed that could POSSIBLY take him out is thor, brb, and thanos, the rest would get overwhelmed if you asked me. The only reason I gave thor and brb a chance is do to there versatility.

Thor and BRB could take him out but it would be a good fight. Thanos would stomp the hell out of him. Im not sure what he can do against Jugs who has mental resistance.

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Lulz at being B level.

Hes a B lister.

Wei Phoenix

So Thanos can take G-Cable out but Galactus can't?

carver9
Thor and BRB could take him out but it would be a good fight. Thanos would stomp the hell out of him. Im not sure what he can do against Jugs who has mental resistance.

They could take him out but he can also take them out, 5/5 split. By the way, thor and brb could also take out surfer, they're just as powerful. By the way, if juggernaut use his abilities to the fullest which includes his force field, who could beat him? confused

Bouboumaster

Wut?

Galactus would litteraly erase G-Cable out of existence without even traying.

Surfer >> G-Cable

Galactus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfer
(Surfer is just but a mere fraction of Galactus power)

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wut?

Surfer >> G-Cable

I was responding to this.

I disagree with everyone on your list beating him except thanos and thanos would have had a fight on his hands.

carver9

Did i ever say that galactus couldnt beat god like cable. Anyone with common sense would know who could win out of the two. We're discussing thor, brb, and surfer, I never said anything about galactus. Galactus index finger could take cable out, stop asking obvious questions.

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wut?

Surfer >> G-Cable

Surfer=godlike cable and if you actually read the story you would have known that cable lost that fight on purpose.

Wei Phoenix
Surfer=godlike cable and if you actually read the story you would have known that cable lost that fight on purpose.

He lost because his powers wore out from my understanding, hence the "I've ran out of time" comment. He didn't lose on purpose.

carver9
He lost because his powers wore out from my understanding, hence the "I've ran out of time" comment. He didn't lose on purpose.

I thought that he lost on purpose, you could be right though, I'll reread the story again. I know one thing though, surfer didnt show anything in that fight as being cables superior, if anything, they were equals

kgkg
It's amazing how many excuses there are for why Cable lost

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by kgkg
It is suppose to be indestructible.

If it can survive the heat of star , a black hole-- it shouldn't be destroyed that easily.

The reason why Caps shield , Wov Claw don't get destroy it's simple they can't remake it or get a new one easily.

While Surfer's Board getting destroyed it's no big deal. so basicaly its a "plot thing" ?

they spare adamantium & all the man-made stuff, but they dont spare the harder alien stuff? big grin

SoulDevourer
hey guys when Silver Surfer was in that AI computer thing with those beams that were slicing him into pieces (another thing that dont make sense btw) anyone remember if his board was also damaged?

carver9
It's amazing how many excuses there are for why Cable lost

they're never excuses on a guy that the xmen had to make plans for a week of finding ways to defeat him and they still couldnt find any way of defeating him. We're talking about the xmen who found a way to defeat the phoenix in seconds and a team who stalemated the shiar empire.

We're talking about a guy that shield was helpless to, you know, the same shield that had plans to beat wwh, who has plans of taking out thor, etc.. but they couldnt exploit any kind of weakness in cable.

This is the same guy that was crushing a city and ships while fight surfer but with a thought he was rebuilding all the damage that was created. The guy was stated by shield as having the potential to do ANYTHING. Yes, hes above top tier and he proved it. The guy beat the xmen along with other beings without even standing up or turning his back.

Surfer=god like cable and if its different, cable>surfer.

Wei Phoenix
Did i ever say that galactus couldnt beat god like cable. Anyone with common sense would know who could win out of the two. We're discussing thor, brb, and surfer, I never said anything about galactus. Galactus index finger could take cable out, stop asking obvious questions.

Yeah you did. I included Galactus in that list of people. You said Thanos was the only one.

Wei Phoenix
they're never excuses on a guy that the xmen had to make plans for a week of finding ways to defeat him and they still couldnt find any way of defeating him. We're talking about the xmen who found a way to defeat the phoenix in seconds and a team who stalemated the shiar empire.

We're talking about a guy that shield was helpless to, you know, the same shield that had plans to beat wwh, who has plans of taking out thor, etc.. but they couldnt exploit any kind of weakness in cable.

This is the same guy that was crushing a city and ships while fight surfer but with a thought he was rebuilding all the damage that was created. The guy was stated by shield as having the potential to do ANYTHING. Yes, hes above top tier and he proved it. The guy beat the xmen along with other beings without even standing up or turning his back.

That is all on an earthly scale. Surfer could be even more deadly to earth than that version of Cable. Its also funny how you think that if Surfer doesn't equal Cable then that must mean that Cable is greater than Surfer.

carver9
Yeah you did. I included Galactus in that list of people. You said Thanos was the only one.

the reason that I said thanos was the only one is because I ignored you putting galactus in it because you were being funny. I specifically said MARVEL EARTH, is galactus on marvel earth OR marvel u. From my knowledge he wasnt/isnt.

Wei Phoenix
the reason that I said thanos was the only one is because I ignored you putting galactus in it because you were being funny. I specifically said MARVEL EARTH, is galactus on marvel earth OR marvel u. From my knowledge he wasnt/isnt.

You said Marvel U which is commonly known as Marvel Universe so yes he is apart of the MU.

carver9
That is all on an earthly scale. Surfer could be even more deadly to earth than that version of Cable. Its also funny how you think that if Surfer doesn't equal Cable then that must mean that Cable is greater than Surfer.

No, I said that surfer EQUALS cable and I also said if there anything else different from the view of it cable>surfer, since well, cable destroyed surfers board which is equal to surfer in durability. I dont think either is more powerful then the other but hey, thats my opinion.

carver9
You said Marvel U which is commonly known as Marvel Universe so yes he is apart of the MU.

Well if I did, my bad, I was typing to fast, I meant marvel earth.

Wei Phoenix
Cable busting up surfers board means nothing as surfer has taken attacks that have destroyed his board completely unscathed.

I think Naija summoned that part up for us pretty nicely.

Naija boy

Pffft theres absolutely nothing cable did in that arc thas puts him on surfers level let alone above top tier.. Surfer was holding back the hold time and when he decided to end it oneshotted him.

Also cable wasnt the only person rebuilding the damage, surfer was as well. Look at the pitiful team that went against him. surfer would ko those Xmen in only one blast. shield saying he had the potential to do anything is obviously nonsense as he coudnt even teleport on his own let alone have the ability to do anything. He was a top level telepath and telekinesis user but thats all. Surfer is far more versatile has far more power output and is also far superior physically. Hes not above top tier at all. Not even close.

Naija boy
No, I said that surfer EQUALS cable and I also said if there anything else different from the view of it cable>surfer, since well, cable destroyed surfers board which is equal to surfer in durability. I dont think either is more powerful then the other but hey, thats my opinion.

Surfers board is NOT equal to surfer in durability. Surfer has gone unscathed by numerous attacks that have destoyyed his board. Cable is in NO way shape or form equal to surfer let alone being greater than him

carver9
I think Naija summoned that part up for us pretty nicely.

He didnt sum anything up because nothing that he said was true.

Wei Phoenix

Well he's a grown man so I'll let him defend himself on whether his claims are true or not.

carver9
Pffft theres absolutely nothing cable did in that arc thas puts him on surfers level let alone above top tier.. Surfer was holding back the hold time and when he decided to end it oneshotted him.

Also cable wasnt the only person rebuilding the damage, surfer was as well. Look at the pitiful team that went against him. surfer would ko those Xmen in only one blast. shield saying he had the potential to do anything is obviously nonsense as he coudnt even teleport on his own let alone have the ability to do anything. He was a top level telepath and telekinesis user but thats all. Surfer is far more versatile has far more power output and is also far superior physically. Hes not above top tier at all. Not even close.

He did plenty, took over earth and noone couldnt do anything about it and again, I agree, surfer could beat the xmen but this was a PREPPED xmen that cable dealt with and they were useless.

God like cable is above top tier and surfer ONLY won that due to him exploiting the xgene, without that we dont know what would have happened. By the way, didnt surfer sneak attack cable. confused

Naija boy

Huh? what r u talking about? He has taken attacks that have destroyed his board numerous times without being damaged.

carver9
Huh? what r u talking about? He has taken attacks that have destroyed his board numerous times without being damaged.

can you show me these attacks, and I want to see the attacks hitting surfer and the board at the same time while the board is getting destroyed because to my knowledge surfers board was in good condition when his physical body was getting destroyed by uni lord.

Wei Phoenix
He did plenty, took over earth and noone couldnt do anything about it :

Plenty could've done something about it, they just didn't care. Doom could've took the time to plan something out and beat him. Hasn't he shut down the X-Gene before? Also Surfer won because of two reasons.

1. He is more powerful than Cable and he would've won regardless.
2. Cable knew his powers ran out and basically gave up and welcomed the attack from Surfer.

carver9
Plenty could've done something about it, they just didn't care. Doom could've took the time to plan something out and beat him. Hasn't he shut down the X-Gene before? Also Surfer won because of two reasons.

1. He is more powerful than Cable and he would've won regardless.
2. Cable knew his powers ran out and basically gave up and welcomed the attack from Surfer.

And where did you get that surfer was more powerful then Cable during there fight because I seen a stalemate.

Naija boy
He did plenty, took over earth and noone couldnt do anything about it and again, I agree, surfer could beat the xmen but this was a PREPPED xmen that cable dealt with and they were useless.

God like cable is above top tier and surfer ONLY won that due to him exploiting the xgene, without that we dont know what would have happened. By the way, didnt surfer sneak attack cable. confused

Cable showed good telepathy in that arc but saying he took over earth is a huge exxageration. Those "prepped" Xmen that cable faced would be destroyed by surfer.

Surfer was holding back immensely in that arc. he only blasted cable once and that was the end of it. IF he had decided to really pour on the power he would have blasted cable into pieces from the beginning of the fight. His durability is far above cables, His matter manip is also far above cables. He is far faster than cable and he even has stronger shields than cable. He has impresssive telepathy of his own and huge mental resistance so trying mind attacks would just be a waste of his own time. And oh surfer didnt "sneak attack" cable. Cable sensed surfers presence while surfer was coming.

Wei Phoenix
And where did you get that surfer was more powerful then Cable during there fight because I seen a stalemate.

His versatility for one. Do you really think SS was going all out in that battle? There was no need for him to use 100% of his powers seeing as he had no killer intentions towards Cable and vice versa, the fact that in the end Cable is a good guy. SS was only there to stop him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol

thumb up

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Naija boy
can you show me these attacks, and I want to see the attacks hitting surfer and the board at the same time while the board is getting destroyed because to my knowledge surfers board was in good condition when his physical body was getting destroyed by uni lord.

I really should be writin a research paper now so i dont have time to upload scans but there is the incident in the Revelations arc where his board was entirely destroyed and surfers skin wasnt even cracked from the same blast. Then there is the incident against Firelord where he took the same blast that destroyed his board without any damage to himself.

carver9
His versatility for one. Do you really think SS was going all out in that battle? There was no need for him to use 100% of his powers seeing as he had no killer intentions towards Cable and vice versa, the fact that in the end Cable is a good guy. SS was only there to stop him.

So where was it stated that he was holding back because blitzing a man, slamming him through buildings doesnt look like a hold back to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Weren't numerous examples listed by other posters on the first page and second of this same thread?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

SoulDevourer
isnt Surfer suppose to be made of the same stuff as his board? huh
(only difference being Surfers covered by thin layer of the silver stuff wheras the board is entirely made of it)

Naija boy
So where was it stated that he was holding back because blitzing a man, slamming him through buildings doesnt look like a hold back to me.

For heavens sake He only blasted cable once in the whole fight( that blast looked like just a mild eye blast even) and thats what took him out. An all out surfer would have come in guns blazing and would have simply blasted cable into smitherines from the get go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
(only difference being Surfers covered by thin layer of the silver stuff wheras the board is entirely made of it)

Like stated before, most of the attacks that have destroyed the board or harmed shouldn't have but since he can remake it, most consider it not a big whoop.

He has taken it into the middle of a black hole, into the Sun, used it while unleashing the power to annihilate Solar System spanning armadas etc.

That thing is pretty damn durable but it's destroyed on different occasions because Norrin can easily remake it.

I don't think Norrin and the board are made of the same exact substance.

carver9
Cable showed good telepathy in that arc but saying he took over earth is a huge exxageration. Those "prepped" Xmen that cable faced would be destroyed by surfer.

Surfer was holding back immensely in that arc. he only blasted cable once and that was the end of it. IF he had decided to really pour on the power he would have blasted cable into pieces from the beginning of the fight. His durability is far above cables, His matter manip is also far above cables. He is far faster than cable and he even has stronger shields than cable. He has impresssive telepathy of his own and huge mental resistance so trying mind attacks would just be a waste of his own time. And oh surfer didnt "sneak attack" cable. Cable sensed surfers presence while surfer was coming.

I agree, surfer is more durable then a cable that isnt using his force field. With the force fields up, they're equals.

I agree with surfer being physically stronger then cable.

How do we know if surfers matter mani is above cable, again both appeared to be equals in that fight.

Telepathy, now you're being ridiculous, cable>>surfers.

Telekenisis, being ridiculous again, cable>>surfers.

Yeah, cable did sense him but it was kind of too late to do anything against a SURFER that is coming at you at full speed.

carver9

Thats what I thought.

Rage.Of.Olympus

You just proved yourself wrong.

Norrin slamming someone into buildings etc. is child's play. He can slam someone into planet's and through them without any hindrance and with ease.

carver9
For heavens sake He only blasted cable once in the whole fight( that blast looked like just a mild eye blast even) and thats what took him out. An all out surfer would have come in guns blazing and would have simply blasted cable into smitherines from the get go.

If surfer was holding back, cable was holding back because cable could have easily hit surfer with the same attack that he hit surfers board with and that would have taken a chunk out of him.

Surfers and cable battle was nothing more then a tussle, both having the ability to do more but both just bull rushing each other, unless you think that the only thing cable could/can do is punch and kick. confused

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You just proved yourself wrong.

Norrin slamming someone into buildings etc. is child's play. He can slam someone into planet's and through them without any hindrance and with ease.

I agree but he didnt know the extent of cables durability and if someone is holding back, I'm guessing that when your holding back, you're not trying to kill your opponent.

Wei Phoenix
If surfer was holding back, cable was holding back because cable could have easily hit surfer with the same attack that he hit surfers board with and that would have taken a chunk out of him.

Surfers and cable battle was nothing more then a tussle, both having the ability to do more but both just bull rushing each other, unless you think that the only thing cable could/can do is punch and kick. confused

Why do you continue to ignore valid points brought up from the opposition?

Naija and others have already stated that attacks that have broken his board have had no effect on him at all so there is no way you can factually say that it would've hurt Radd.

Naija boy
I agree, surfer is more durable then a cable that isnt using his force field. With the force fields up, they're equals.

How do we know if surfers matter mani is above cable, again both appeared to be equals in that fight.

Yeah, cable did sense him but it was kind of too late to do anything against a SURFER that is coming at you at full speed.

What have cables forcefields resisted? When i see cable fight in a blachole for a prolonged period with his forcefields on then we may begin to compare them

Appeared to be equals in that fight? Surfer hardly did any matter manip on cable at all. Show me cable transmuting ANYTHING then we may begin to call him in the same sentence as surfer matter manip wise. Then show me him evolving an entire planet before he can ever be clost to surfers level

I never claimed telepathy that surfer was greater than cable. What i said was that with surfers impressive telepathy on his own added to his uber mental resistance telepathy willl be useless in this fight

And what are u talking about in the last part? i didnt even compare there telekinesis. However surfers matter manip is just on another level and easily trumps cables teleikinesis powers.

Cable sensed him and was unable to react. He was even able to make a full statement before surfer arrived. Surfer wasnt going anywhere near full speed if not cable would have died on impact before he even knew what hit him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree but he didnt know the extent of cables durability and if someone is holding back, I'm guessing that when your holding back, you're not trying to kill your opponent.

Umm, dude, that still doesn't change the fact, that Silver Surfer wasn't trying and holding back and isn't that what you guys are debating.

Silver Surfer, wanted to put him down, but not permanently....

carver9
Umm, dude, that still doesn't change the fact, that Silver Surfer wasn't trying and holding back and isn't that what you guys are debating.

Silver Surfer, wanted to put him down, but not permanently....

I agree with this also but again both wasnt fight to there full potential, hell they were doing more saving of the innocents then anything.

Naija boy

Cable didnt punch surfers board to pieces he used an energy attack. also If u know that surfer and cable fight was nothing more than a tussle with neither character fighting to even close to full potenetial. Why do u insit on using it to assert that they are equals?

carver9
What have cables forcefields resisted? When i see cable fight in a blachole for a prolonged period with his forcefields on then we may begin to compare them

Appeared to be equals in that fight? Surfer hardly did any matter manip on cable at all. Show me cable transmuting ANYTHING then we may begin to call him in the same sentence as surfer matter manip wise. Then show me him evolving an entire planet before he can ever be clost to surfers level

I never claimed telepathy that surfer was greater than cable. What i said was that with surfers impressive telepathy on his own added to his uber mental resistance telepathy willl be useless in this fight

And what are u talking about in the last part? i didnt even compare there telekinesis. However surfers matter manip is just on another level and easily trumps cables teleikinesis powers.

Cable sensed him and was unable to react. He was even able to make a full statement before surfer arrived. Surfer wasnt going anywhere near full speed if not cable would have died on impact before he even knew what hit him.

LOL, so you honestly think that cable would have died from a bull rush when his force field was up.

carver9
Cable didnt punch surfers board to pieces he used an energy attack. also If u know that surfer and cable fight was nothing more than a tussle with neither character fighting to even close to full potenetial. Why do u insit on using it to assert that they are equals?

They are equals and I brought up cable ATTACK destroying surfers board and with that, he could have used that same attack on surfer.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That entire statement is baseless, as you do not have any showings or prove to back it up.

What sane person wouldn't.

Again baseless, as Silver Surfer, never tried to defeat Cable through pure manipulation. Hell Norrin wasn't really trying at all.

Cable doesn't have any feats to back that up again.

It's excellent then that Norrin doesn't need telepathy to defeat Cable.

Norrin also has some extremely impressive telepathic showings.

Silver Surfer doesn't need telekinesis.

eer

How the hell can you call that Silver Surfer's full speed?

Again baseless.

To much speculation on you're part here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree with this also but again both wasnt fight to there full potential, hell they were doing more saving of the innocents then anything.

Full potential?

Silver Surfer is beyond Cable while unleashing his power, at full potential, he wouldn't even bother with Cable.

I won't comment on Cable's full potential as he was beaten and these mutants and their supposed potential are confusing.

carver9
I give up, we're not getting anywhere.

Naija boy
LOL, so you honestly think that cable would have died from a bull rush when his force field was up.

If surfer had rammed him at him with full speed which means ( millions of time the speed of light) then yup cable would have died on impact.

Wei Phoenix
They are equals and I brought up cable ATTACK destroying surfers board and with that, he could have used that same attack on surfer.

PLEASE READ ME!!!

carver9
If surfer had rammed him at him with full speed which means ( millions of time the speed of light) then yup cable would have died on impact.

I agree with this also, anybody would die on impact if surfer did this

Naija boy

So u r basing ur claim of them being equals on nothing since that fight certainly didnt show it. If cable had used the same attack on surfer surfer would have most likely been fine, but if surfer had decided to blast cable directly more than once in that fight cable would likely not exist any more.

carver9
So u r basing ur claim of them being equals on nothing since that fight certainly didnt show it. If cable had used the same attack on surfer surfer would have most likely been fine, but if surfer had decided to blast cable directly more than once in that fight cable would likely not exist any more.

Prove that surfer is more durable then his board because honestly, they're made out of the same material.

Rage.Of.Olympus

He could have used the same attack on Norrin but it would have no affect, as it has been proven, that Norrin is beyond his board etc.

Based on feats, though Cable doesn't have the necessary power outlet to destroy Norrin's board through physical force alone.

Wei Phoenix
Prove that surfer is more durable then his board because honestly, they're made out of the same material.

PLEASE READ ME!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus

over

Read the first 2 pages. I don't want to repeat what has already been said.

carver9
over

Read the first 2 pages. I don't want to repeat what has already been said.

and what you said was a good point but that still doesnt change the fact that surfer durability is equal to his board. stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
and what you said was a good point but that still doesnt change the fact that surfer durability is equal to his board. stick out tongue

Seriously, don't even worry about replying to that pm.

Mindset
Cable's powers actually didn't burn out, but they were becoming too much for his body to handle, which is why he said he was out of time.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Now you're just trying to be difficult.

Silver Surfer, has survived attacks that completely destroyed his board multiple times without so much a grunt or a scratch.

You're logic is flawed, and has no evidence to back it up...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
Cable's powers actually didn't burn out, but they were becoming too much for his body to handle, which is why he said he was out of time.

Tomato, potato. In the end he couldn't continue going on, which is my point.

carver9
Seriously, don't even worry about replying to that pm.

I'm replying to it.

carver9
Now you're just trying to be difficult.

Silver Surfer, has survived attacks that completely destroyed his board multiple times without so much a grunt or a scratch.

You're logic is flawed, and has no evidence to back it up...

Good point made but I guess we see things different so our argument is pointless. This thread doesnt even have anything to do with what we were talking about.

Naija boy
Okay just to silence carver

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_SStakesit.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_SStakesiu.jpg

Now please dont continue with this inane argument.

Mindset
It's proven, Cable had the power of a herald. smile

Wei Phoenix
I'm replying to it.

It will go unread. I refuse to debate against you after seeing your foolish claims and your tendency to ignore facts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good point made but I guess we see things different so our argument is pointless. This thread doesnt even have anything to do with what we were talking about.

What the f**k? wacko

carver9
Okay just to silence carver

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_SStakesit.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/th_SStakesiu.jpg

Now please dont continue with this inane argument.

I already told you that I give up and there were good points proven, why continue to post.

carver9
What the f**k? wacko

Lol

carver9
It will go unread. I refuse to debate against you after seeing your foolish claims and your tendency to ignore facts.

Well, I guess you admit to defeat.

Wei Phoenix
Well, I guess you admit to defeat.

Admitting to defeat and refusing to waste your time on someone who ignores facts are two different things. I still say Superman beats him so there is no defeat. You can call it a victory if you want, it'll be the first one you ever won, but in the end it'll only be a victory in your imagination.

carver9
Admitting to defeat and refusing to waste your time on someone who ignores facts are two different things. I still say Superman beats him so there is no defeat. You can call it a victory if you want, it'll be the first one you ever won, but in the end it'll only be a victory in your imagination.

Lol, good one. I admitted to defeat in this thread and if you provide some actual points about the debate that we're talking about I could give you credit also but everything that you have shown me so far has been lame and nothing more.

carver9
I gave naj and rage there credits, they provided proof and gave good claims.

shokosugi
If this was Superman, he'd take Silver surfer's board and whack him in the head with it. Happy Dance

carver9
If this was Superman, he'd take Silver surfer's board and whack him in the head with it. Happy Dance

I hate you. wink

Naija boy

Im have a feeling that ur debate with carver has do do with a particular spiky haired individual.

carver9
Im have a feeling that ur debate with carver has do do with a particular spiky haired individual.

I'll answer that question for ya, yes it does and me and you still have a debate that we need to finish. I'll make a thread.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Galan007
This isn't a vs. thread, btw. now it is stick out tongue

batdude123
by "damage" I mean even small crack or a dent

with blunt force or a blade or energy weapon or something like that

I mean anything other than what Molecule Man did

iirc it never happened but Im not sure

Yes.

/thread

D_Dude1210

I actually remember Silver Surfer doing it to an opponent once, was hilarious to read. Would be nice to see scans of that issue so I can see it again. stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix

It did. But this time it was his base form.

carver9

I'll send you a pm in a few minutes.

Naija boy

Black hair? eek!

Wow carver just wow.

carver9
Black hair? eek!

Wow carver just wow.

Nothing but the truth and then the thing about it is Im referring to the one that fought vegita during the sayain saga.

Mindset
Nothing but the truth and then the thing about it is Im referring to the one that fought vegita during the sayain saga. Did you actually read the manga, or just watch the anime?

carver9
Did you actually read the manga, or just watch the anime?

Both

Mindset
I don't believe you.

I'm Bran
He watched the manga, and read the anime. thumb up

I personally only watched the anime, and it was awesome.

Wei Phoenix

I personally only watched the anime, and it was awesome.

Naw the soundtrack to the manga was just superb.

Mindset

I personally only watched the anime, and it was awesome. thumb up

carver9
I don't believe you.

Why dont you believe me and by the way, lol, good one Im bran.

kgkg
Dragon ball talk again? ........ Dragonball is so 1990's

I'm Bran
Dragon ball talk again? ........ Dragonball is so 1990's That must be why an epic movie is coming out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doctor-Alvis
That must be why an epic movie is coming out this year. roll eyes (sarcastic)
They're making two movies?

It's Face
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9222/ssenslavers64ku0.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/ssenslavers64ku0.jpg/1/w787.png

Philosophía
It's the first time I see Face dropping some knowledge on people. In fact, it's one of the first times I see him getting involved in a vs forum discussion, period.

It's Face

id369
It makes absolute sense, that if a blast can destroy his board can in fact damage its body. Since its made of the same composition. Maybe, because he exhibits cosmic aura it acts as a buffer.

illadelph12
Some context for that Mrrungo-Mu scan:

Surfer had given half of his power to a scientist to fly up to Mu's ship and destroy the slave pen reactors which were channeling the life energy of billions upon billions of enslaved races (plus all of Earth's Heroes) into Mu, and he was also stalling for time and allowing himself to get battered so the scientist could finish his mission.

psycho gundam
^ thumb up

complexbrother
Hulk snapped in two .

Ambient
Surfers overall durability is also dependent with how much pc is left in him..

Take the Enslaver arc as soon as his double run out of energy he was toast and he knew it.. So even if the board and Surfer is made of similar composition, the pc that is within is different, more so in Norrin than the board therefore the body is much more durable than the board.. Ill look for that scan.. It had a little bit of exp.. i think...

The Great Galen
Hmm, like simlar to when he fought agaisnt Panther...his PC must have been drained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.