PEAK HUMAN - MU vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Who's universe allows their peak humans to do the most close to and/or superhuman feats?

Hopefully we get a wide range, might be a thread to reference to when debating MA battles especially. Maybe. wink

Also tempted to exclude Val (KK) from the topic, afterall knowledge up to and including century 31 is obviously advantageous to the human mind and body. But i suppose we could allow it unless it's totally undeniable that Val is the Primo peak human.

So, MU or DC?

Sin I AM
marvel imo, they just have more street level threats than dc and as such more instances where their characters go against villains they really shouldn't

Silent Guardian
I would have to say DC. Just looking at the Bat Family and all the world class martial artists that are completely human in every sense of the word.

But its close, cause I maybe overlooking a few people here and there. Who knows. I mean for marvel look at Bullseye. With the stuff he pulls off he should have like superstrength, or some super power. The list goes on.

Wild Shadow
marvel i think, cause you have iron fist and his chi amp. hell ppl who arent peak can give DC peak human a run for their money like daredevil

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
marvel i think, cause you have iron fist and his chi amp. hell ppl who arent peak can give DC peak human a run for their money like daredevil

I do not know if I even consider Iron Fist peak human

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
I do not know if I even consider Iron Fist peak human

he's not unless he amps up but that should tell you something when non peak humans can do that type of thing.

the chi power:

elektra
ironfist
shang chi
daredevil

their chi is strong enough to compete against peak humans like cap or black panther in H2H,, and they are just olympic level. stick out tongue

Mindset
He doesn't need to amp to be peak human.

The chi is always flowing through him.

cloud102
Originally posted by Juk3n
Who's universe allows their peak humans to do the most close to and/or superhuman feats?

Hopefully we get a wide range, might be a thread to reference to when debating MA battles especially. Maybe. wink

Also tempted to exclude Val (KK) from the topic, afterall knowledge up to and including century 31 is obviously advantageous to the human mind and body. But i suppose we could allow it unless it's totally undeniable that Val is the Primo peak human.

So, MU or DC?

Knowledge of the 31st century isn't really why he is what he is. He's trained in martial arts that let's him go toe to toe with super humans. Both alien ma and earth. His master was the first one to incorporate this, IIRC.

Overall, it's about even, IMO.

Sin I AM
yea danny is a beast

The Great Galen
Hmm, about evening but Valmer might tip the scales a bit in DC's favor.

srankmissingnin
Valmer? Do you mean Val Armorr?

OneDumbG0
I think Val puts DC over the top too just all on his lonesome. Only ones close to him in Marvel were classic Mantis and classic Karnak. And they still would get curbstomped by Val IMHO. Even by current Val.

cloud102
Seeing as there are FOUR Karate Kid's, sure. Plus DC has a Mantis and she's called Willow.

Wild Shadow
i though we were just counting humans here?

Leobama
he's not unless he amps up but that should tell you something when non peak humans can do that type of thing.

the chi power:

elektra
ironfist
shang chi
daredevil

their chi is strong enough to compete against peak humans like cap or black panther in H2H,, and they are just olympic level. stick out tongue Heeeeey! What's that olympic level comment suppose to mean?

Lord Feron
DC just because of batman. Don't like how he can take hits from people that would utterly transform him into a bloody stain on impact. Also other stuff that he can lift is just ridiculous. Still like the guy but they definitly inflate him to be more than just a peak human.

Silent Guardian
Can someone define peak human please. I always considered peak humans to be natural humans, with ridiculous skills, that were not obtained through magic or any other form of augmentation other than training.

chilled monkey
Can someone define peak human please. I always considered peak humans to be natural humans, with ridiculous skills, that were not obtained through magic or any other form of augmentation other than training.

That's exactly what it is. A 'peak human' is a human being in 'peak' physical condition.

Basically a top athlete. No superpowers or anything. Just very well-trained.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lord Feron
DC just because of batman. Don't like how he can take hits from people that would utterly transform him into a bloody stain on impact. Also other stuff that he can lift is just ridiculous. Still like the guy but they definitly inflate him to be more than just a peak human.

has anyone in marvel taken that kinda punishment, not sure if captain america ever took a punch or slap from hulk.

Lord Feron
Yeah but captain has the SSS. I mean atleast it's somewhat of an excuse. I think he got hit by the Hulk and lived but he was busted up but not KOed. Batman has nothing but his suit and I don't think that suit is all that amazing it's not like an iron man suit or a Dr. Doom or Steel.

Vorpal Ruin
has anyone in marvel taken that kinda punishment, not sure if captain america ever took a punch or slap from hulk.

I assume that Avengers movie isn't cannon? Captian America did take some hits from Hulk there.

Wild Shadow
you assume correctly. wink

Vorpal Ruin
Oh well, I enjoyed the movie. :/

leonheartmm
reminds me of black panther chosking/holding the surfer against his will and with "gulp" superior speed. but then ofcourse, we have wolverine trying to smash onslaught's forcefield with his BONE claws.

StiltmanFTW
BC Wolverine cut Thanos biscuits

SoulDevourer
peak human strength : DC (Batman)

peak human for the rest : MU (Bullseye. this guys skillz aint peak, their superhuman. no real life human can aim like that even if they train 4 a lifetime)

leonheartmm
i really likw nightwing, but his skills are too far beyond human to be considered. another human who really isnt human is gemorra, she kills gods. baron helmut zemo is overpowered too.

Wild Shadow
in real life if you practice you can slice into a watermelon with deck of cards. geek

Enyalus
I think Marvel holds the small edge with guys like Iron Fist, Shang Chi, DareDevil, and Black Panther.

But if you do factor in Val, that definitely tips the scales in favor of DC.

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
I think Marvel holds the small edge with guys like Iron Fist, Shang Chi, DareDevil, and Black Panther.

But if you do factor in Val, that definitely tips the scales in favor of DC.

Well, DC has guys like I-Ching, Nemesis, Manhunter, shiva (who has some chi attacks), Batgirl, Jin Si, etc...

But, I actually think MU takes a small edge, if not about even.

darthgoober
Things like the Iron Fist and KK's exotic MA's take characters out of the "Peak Human" range just as Moondragon's Psi abilities and Dr. Strange's sorcery do IMO. Between ACTUAL humans, I believe Steve Rodgers takes the cake...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/af-02-05.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/af-02-06.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr347/darthgoober/SecretDefenders07-03.jpg

h1a8

I once saw a movie called "The boy who could fly".
The movie showed that if someone believed strong enough then anything is possible (even a human flying around). Now even though this may or may not be true, Comic writers try to show something like this through the use of term "peak human". Comic writers want to sell us that if a human trains to a certain level then he/she can achieve seemingly superhuman feats. Almost like those old kung-fu movies where everyone's flying around and going through brick walls like nothing.

I would define a peak human as a human who is strong, fast, etc. as he/she could possibly be. In other words, they have truly maximized their stats naturally.

Here are some of my guidelines:

1. The peak human cannot get stronger, faster, etc. no matter how much they train. They train only to maintain there peak human status.

2. If through training or some other avenue that the peak human's stats increase (evenly slightly) then he/she isn't peak human anymore.

Now the question is can Daredevil's, Batman's, etc. stats increase further with more training. If not, then they are certainly peak human. And if so, then they are not peak human but below it.

Comics disagree with reality of what peak human is. Comics tend to take the classic kung-fu or "boy who can fly" approach.

Think about this.
Someone who can lift 800lbs over there head is hella strong in reality. But in comics it would go almost unnoticeable. That is why comic writers have these beings do things that seemingly require greater than 800lb strength just to get you to remember that he/she can lift 800lbs over their head (which is a hellava lot).

So I've come to the conclusion that it is best to take writer's intentions over on panel feats only if the feats contradict their intentions. For example, Spider-man lifting over 100tons contradicts the writer's intentions but they feel they must show this to either give you that "boy who can fly" effect or make you remember that this character is still hella strong (in case you forgot).

Lord Feron
Bruce Lee!!!

h1a8
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Bruce Lee!!!

I believe he would be a reality Peak Human.
I looked at his feats (on Wikipedia). He used to curl with 80lb dumbells for chriss sakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_feats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_fitness

In Martial Arts movies they have to speed up the camera to make the characters seem as if they are moving fast (like some of Jet Li movies) but Bruce Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24 frames per second, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up..

This means they had to slow down Bruce Lee's movements where ithers they had to speed up. This is incredible.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
I believe he would be a reality Peak Human.
I looked at his feats (on Wikipedia). He used to curl with 80lb dumbells for chriss sakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_feats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_fitness

In Martial Arts movies they have to speed up the camera to make the characters seem as if they are moving fast (like some of Jet Li movies) but Bruce Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24 frames per second, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up..

This means they had to slow down Bruce Lee's movements where ithers they had to speed up. This is incredible. I'm not sure how reliable wikipedia is on that.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm not sure how reliable wikipedia is on that.

They give the sources for each feat.

Mindset
Let me clarify, I'm not sure how true those feats are.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Let me clarify, I'm not sure how true those feats are.

No one can be.
But the same goes with history too.
How do we know that Isaac Newton existed or that he co-invented calculus?

We have to accept some things as truth whether we know for sure or not. Otherwise, everything unseen couldn't be discussed as if it was true. Its all about how reliable the sources are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.