Guardians of the Galaxy vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Adam Warlock
Drax
Gamora
Phyla-vell
Starlord
Rocket Racoon

vs

Thanos

Two minutes of planning for team.

Nihilist
providing thanos actually gets to fight drax,he would wreck the team.

guy222
GOTG

skyfather
Thanos wins

4 of the team prolly get one shotted,current warlock has no feats to suggest he's anywhere near thanos's lvl,he struggled with the phalanx and the church cardinals.apart from drax being used a plot device in annihilation,thanos would put him down like the many times he has in the past.

Priest
Thanos.

Knowsbleed33
GotG.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
GotG. seriously, how would they beat thanos.

Knowsbleed33
Uhhh Drax maybe?

Nihilist
Uhhh Drax maybe? thanos isnt gonna stand there with his back turned in a straight up fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Drax was simply a plot device. He was designed to be Thanos' kryptonite

Barring that, Thanos would stomp.

Knowing Thanos, if he came back, he would find away to make sure, Drax never gets the chance ever again.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Nihilist
thanos isnt gonna stand there with his back turned in a straight up fight.

Yeah because Thanos is going to be able to give every member of GotG his full attention.

Nihilist
Yeah because Thanos is going to be able to give every member of GotG his full attention. you've never seen thanos give a omni-directional blast,cos he's do it a few occasion's.

Knowsbleed33
Warlock, Quasar, Gamora, Starlord and Thanos' own personal plot device and you question why I would pick GotG?

Nihilist
Warlock, Quasar, Gamora, Starlord and Thanos' own personal plot device and you question why I would pick GotG? lmao, current warlock has no feats besides thanos killed classic warlock who may be more powerful.

quasar got one shotted by a weakend annihilus whilst she had the q bands,her,starlord,racoon would get stomped easily.

thanos has already killed gamora once when he was trying and not prating about sparring.

so drax gets the jump on thanos 1 time whilst he distracted with he back turned and you disregard all the times thanos has chumped him with ease

Rage.Of.Olympus
Starlord, Quasar, Gamora are nothing compared to Thanos and current Adam Warlock doesn't exactly have any showings to say he can match or stand a chance against someone like Thanos.

There are ways to get past Drax (Unless he is immune to everything Thanos) and wasn't that a one time deal that Drax did? I should go and re-read the dialogue....

guy222
drax is 'dead'

thanos is 'dead'

GOTG win by default

shifty

tjcoady
I think it really comes down to how powerful the current Adam Warlock is.

So far it seems apparent that he himself hasn't really grasped the fullness of his new powers. I get the feeling he could be more powerful than any previous incarnation (barring, of course, when he was armed with a cube or the Gauntlet), but, as the High Evolutionary himself pointed out, he was woken too early.

As it is, Thanos should win this.

Knowsbleed33
lmao, current warlock has no feats besides thanos killed classic warlock who may be more powerful.

quasar got one shotted by a weakend annihilus whilst she had the q bands,her,starlord,racoon would get stomped easily.

thanos has already killed gamora once when he was trying and not prating about sparring.

so drax gets the jump on thanos 1 time whilst he distracted with he back turned and you disregard all the times thanos has chumped him with ease

Thanos knew Drax was coming for him LONG before Drax killed him in Annhilation, yet he was powerless to stop him. Destiny is destiny my friend.

carnage52
thanos crushes all.

Bouboumaster
Thanos knew Drax was coming for him LONG before Drax killed him in Annhilation, yet he was powerless to stop him. Destiny is destiny my friend.

Thanos didn't do jack to destroy the Destroyer because he saw Death that was waiting for him.

Nihilist
Thanos knew Drax was coming for him LONG before Drax killed him in Annhilation, yet he was powerless to stop him. Destiny is destiny my friend. yeah he did,but he was busy saving the universe, i take you read annihilation therefore you would now he was pre-occupied releasing galactus and surfer.

like i said before, so are you just gonna ignore previous encounters between thanos and drax then and only use this one.thumb down

Knowsbleed33
This is a different Drax, come on man. Previous Drax was a baffoon.

Nihilist
This is a different Drax, come on man. Previous Drax was a baffoon. he may be smarter,but the original drax was stupid.

the other drax versions were by far stronger and had greater durability,to name few attributes

I'm Bran
Thanos.

Thanos would probably take Drax out first if he actually wanted to win, or he'd take out a bunch at the same time.

Bentley
Current Warlock resisted a super-nova with his shield, current Drax has penetrated Thanos's shields with his bare hands, Gamora still has the godslayer which can deal some damage and they have time to plan an strategy.

Thanos is not naked, but this guys could cook something up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Thanos.

Thanos would probably take Drax out first if he actually wanted to win, or he'd take out a bunch at the same time.

Seconded.

leonheartmm
drax is anti thanos venom basically. gamorra's god killer blade had thanos scared and can kill him, new warlock survived a supernova and gathered the souls of the entire kree space with his powers, phyla with her quantum bands banished the phalanx by chanelling the life force of galaxies, groot=super strengh, starlord is a masterful leader, mantis is a very gifted psychic, and racoon can blast the hell out of thanos.

a HUGE no no. no way in HELL thanos is surviving against em.

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonheartmm
drax is anti thanos venom basically. gamorra's god killer blade had thanos scared and can kill him, new warlock survived a supernova and gathered the souls of the entire kree space with his powers, phyla with her quantum bands banished the phalanx by chanelling the life force of galaxies, groot=super strengh, starlord is a masterful leader, mantis is a very gifted psychic, and racoon can blast the hell out of thanos.

a HUGE no no. no way in HELL thanos is surviving against em. drax and phyla vell just got killed by mentor via a omni blast,something thanos can do easily and he is by far more powerful than his father.

mantis mentaly wouldnt be able to even effect thanos,moondragon couldnt see into his mind with the mind gem.

starlord dies almost instantly

raccons blasts wont do shit against thanos,has he has taken far worse,via energy blast,pistol blasts

groots strength...wow,its not like thanos hasnt faced stronge guys before

drax would get smashed as per normal(not including plot device annihilation)

gamora can easily be mind f*cked,blasted,imprisoned

current warlock is pretty much a unknown,despite surviving a supernova,he struggled in combat agianst phalanx drones and cardinals of the church

Bentley
drax and phyla vell just got killed by mentor via a omni blast,something thanos can do easily and he is by far more powerful than his father.

They got cheap shotted, and Phyla raised no shield. She has transluminal speeds and her shields can cover long areas and resist the energy of the sun, she is not the chump people make her up to be.

mantis mentaly wouldnt be able to even effect thanos,moondragon couldnt see into his mind with the mind gem.

starlord dies almost instantly

raccons blasts wont do shit against thanos,has he has taken far worse,via energy blast,pistol blasts

Thanos pays any attention to Starlord and opens up for an attack. He won't even notice when Starlord or Rocket Raccoon end up surprising him with a godslayer in the back.

groots strength...wow,its not like thanos hasnt faced stronge guys before

drax would get smashed as per normal(not including plot device annihilation)

Drax just needs one hit and with his aura he got past Thanos shields. That's right, the shields that held freaking Galactus and Omega.

gamora can easily be mind f*cked,blasted,imprisoned

Bah, she is more than enough to hurt Thanos physically, she is a very dangerous character on her own. If at any moment he pays too much attention to her, Drax, Phyla and Warlock could get in. Thanos is good, but he's not everywhere.

current warlock is pretty much a unknown,despite surviving a supernova,he struggled in combat agianst phalanx drones and cardinals of the church

Against the Phallanx his powers were coming and going, and those Cardinals are uber, they can do anything they believe they can do, among those things hanging with Gamora physically and actually hurting Warlock (when the Guardians found him they were actually surprised there was a blade capable of hurting him). Considering that its their only showing I don't see why they should be considered a low showing. He was beaten by a cheap shot too.

Since he hasn't shown any problems with his current powers since Conquest I don't see why we should think he is going to be any lower than his previous incarnations (High Evolutionary implied he is actually stronger)

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bentley
Drax just needs one hit and with his aura he got past Thanos shields. That's right, the shields that held freaking Galactus and Omega.

Thanos was only using his energy shields there. Against Galactus and Omega, he was using his tech's shielding.

Also, there was something really strange about that entire incident. I mean, Mistress Death showed up prior to Drax doing anything, and Thanos was aware of this. Like it was pre-destined. Yet when Drax was intelligent in his first incarnation, he was nothing to a pre-resurrection Thanos. And even dumb Drax and Drax with the Power Gem were nothing to Thanos. That this version of Drax was able to kill him, to me, was a one-time, fated incident, based on Thanos not even bothering to fight back nor taking his threat seriously.

Thanos wouldn't underestimate Drax a second time.

Bentley
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos was only using his energy shields there. Against Galactus and Omega, he was using his tech's shielding.

Also, there was something really strange about that entire incident. I mean, Mistress Death showed up prior to Drax doing anything, and Thanos was aware of this. Like it was pre-destined. Yet when Drax was intelligent in his first incarnation, he was nothing to a pre-resurrection Thanos. And even dumb Drax and Drax with the Power Gem were nothing to Thanos. That this version of Drax was able to kill him, to me, was a one-time, fated incident, based on Thanos not even bothering to fight back nor taking his threat seriously.

Thanos wouldn't underestimate Drax a second time.

As "current" as in more recent Thanos has not shown any shielding apart his own. I'm speculating, the point that Drax is very dangerous to Thanos stands.

He certainly wouldn't turn his back to Drax, but luckily he is not alone. Its true that Thanos has never been defeated just like that, but until there is any proof, we cannot suppose that the aura was not Drax's doing. After all, his whole determination to beat Thanos was uncanny, and its a new incarnation. Hopefully we will get more answers soon.

Enyalus
An omnidirectional blast like the one he let out at Kyln would drop or kill Starlord, RR, and Gamora, and Drax at the same time. Warlock & Phyla together couldn't take down Thanos.

Bentley
An omnidirectional blast like the one he let out at Kyln would drop or kill Starlord, RR, and Gamora, and Drax at the same time. Warlock & Phyla together couldn't take down Thanos.

Shields, teleporting or good old energy absorbing (the Quantum Bands). They get to make an strategy to fight Thanos, with Warlock and RR they should've able to come up with something.

Not saying Guardians win, but I think that Warlock, Drax and Gamora have relatively good records against Thanos, and Phyla is there to help too.

Enyalus
Not saying Guardians win, but I think that Warlock, Drax and Gamora have relatively good records against Thanos, and Phyla is there to help too.

Why do people say that? Warlock was owned easily every single time. Drax has lost every single time with the exception of Annihilation. And Gamora only sparred with him.

I'm Bran
Gamora got killed by him, and then sparred with him later.

All he's got to do is spread out his blasts a little. He's also shown attacks that come out of his body that seemed to be homing, and were able to destroy Punishers. Last he was shown in combat, he was able to fire pretty wide blasts that also paralyzed as a side effect.
They do... not win?

Bentley
Warlock uses soul suck and puts Thanos in the Quantum Bands.

Now that's a crazy strategy!

I'm Bran

Now that's a crazy strategy! Considering he has the Soul Gem.

skyfather

Now that's a crazy strategy! phyla with the bands is a joke,she got one shooted by a weak annihilus whilst she had the bands protecting her

Bentley
Considering he has the Soul Gem.

He has powers over souls. smile

Mindset
What can the new Warlock do?

skyfather
He has powers over souls. smile yeah dead souls

Bentley
Originally posted by skyfather
phyla with the bands is a joke,she got one shooted by a weak annihilus whilst she had the bands protecting her

You mean the first time she ever put on the bands? She has done stuff since you know?

Bentley
yeah dead souls

He sent his own soul into the Quantum Bands, for instance, that and all his historical past with power over souls.

I'm Bran
He has powers over souls. smile Can suck a soul as powerful as Thanos' on-panel...

skyfather
You mean the first time she ever put on the bands? She has done stuff since you know? nothing impressive though,and the bands still protected her,and annihilus was very weak at the time (after he survived galactus blast),annihilus power at that time was pale compared to the titans

skyfather
He sent his own soul into the Quantum Bands, for instance, that and all his historical past with power over souls. his own soul not a another living beings,his history over souls means nothing here as he doesnt have the sg and his current incarnation is diiferent due to being awoke to early

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
What can the new Warlock do?

skyfather
Originally posted by Mindset
it's not yet stated as to what he can do,but his power is now meant to be magical of some sort

Bentley
Can suck a soul as powerful as Thanos' on-panel...

Wasn't Thanos scared of his soul suck before?

nothing impressive though,and the bands still protected her,and annihilus was very weak at the time (after he survived galactus blast),annihilus power at that time was pale compared to the titans

She still has come a long way since that battle and has harnessed a lot of power, using the very first time she had the QBs in hand as a low showing is not cool.

his own soul not a another living beings,his history over souls means nothing here as he doesnt have the sg and his current incarnation is diiferent due to being awoke to early

We know he has new powers, but since Conquest after the moment where Warlock declared he realized the use of his new powers there hasn't been any implication of weakness or whatsoever or lack of power compared to earlier incarnations. Its stated he has new powers, but not that he lost his old ones.

Enyalus

No, man. I don't know where you get that Warlock was ever any kind of match in battle with Thanos. Thanos respects Warlock's intelligence and cunning. That's all.

And his current incarnation doesn't show a lot of that...

Bentley
No, man. I don't know where you get that Warlock was ever any kind of match in battle with Thanos. Thanos respects Warlock's intelligence and cunning. That's all.

And his current incarnation doesn't show a lot of that...

It was a crazy strategy anyways. Warlock said the QB were a lot like the soul gem and he pulled souls on it. awesr

The soul suck hype should be probably brought to Digi, who is savvy in Warlock.

I'm Bran
If so, then he had the fricken Soul Gem...

Nihilist

She still has come a long way since that battle and has harnessed a lot of power, using the very first time she had the QBs in hand as a low showing is not cool.

We know he has new powers, but since Conquest after the moment where Warlock declared he realized the use of his new powers there hasn't been any implication of weakness or whatsoever or lack of power compared to earlier incarnations. Its stated he has new powers, but not that he lost his old ones. despite what you have posted(good post)they havent showed enough to prove they can put thanos down,considering what he took in punishment&blows from the likes of tyrant,odin,thor w/pg and a doppleganger who was more powerful than him

Bentley
despite what you have posted(good post)they havent showed enough to prove they can put thanos down,considering what he took in punishment&blows from the likes of tyrant,odin,thor w/pg and a doppleganger who was more powerful than him

Thanos has the advantage as he is more powerful, but team has the chance of being characters with potential to kill Thanos. Godslayer, soul suck (in the Quantum bands?), Drax. Given the right circumstances they have the potential to do some damage.

I mean, you can make a team with stronger characters which are much more likely to fail than this one. This team is as anti-Thanos as they get -it kind of proves that Thanos has not really any real competitor in Marvel-.

Nihilist
Thanos has the advantage as he is more powerful, but team has the chance of being characters with potential to kill Thanos. Godslayer, soul suck (in the Quantum bands?), Drax. Given the right circumstances they have the potential to do some damage.

I mean, you can make a team with stronger characters which are much more likely to fail than this one. This team is as anti-Thanos as they get -it kind of proves that Thanos has not really any real competitor in Marvel-. irrc quasar(wendall)never did a SOUL suck via the q bands

Bentley
irrc quasar(wendall)never did a SOUL suck via the q bands

Warlock stated that the QB were similar to the Soul Gem, and then he used it to store souls (including his) and use them as energy. It was Warlock who channeled the souls into the Quantum Bands, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wendell never pulled that off.

Enyalus
irrc quasar(wendall)never did a SOUL suck via the q bands

Wendall has actually drained Warlock's soul gem while they were battling during Infinity War.

Top tier shiite right there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.