Thanos Versus Tim Hunter!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady
Thanos versus Tim Hunter (latest version).

Bloodlust is ON, CIS is off, and both sides have ten minutes of prep time.

This battle takes place on Earth.

tjcoady
Really? No one?

cloud102
What has the CURRENT Tim Hunter been doing?

tjcoady
We actually haven't seen Tim Hunter at all since "Books of Magick: Life During Wartime," which isn't precisely "canon" for Tim.

He appeared during Carey's run on Hellblazer, and kinda sorta in Carey's Lucifer.

Other than that, the last time we saw him was when he finally claimed his position as Earth's premier sorcerer in the Vertigo "Books of Magic."

Since then, he's been missing. Sadly. He's one of the best characters out there, and I'd really like to see him in the main DC Universe.

Galan007
Tough call.

There are versions of Harry Pott.... I mean, Timothy Hunter, that would own Thanos. I'm not too sure about his mainstream self, though.

tjcoady
Heh. Harry Potter is a rip-off of Tim Hunter. Tim came first.

Galan007
Originally posted by tjcoady
Heh. Harry Potter is a rip-off of Tim Hunter. Tim came first. True, but due to his fairly limited amount of appearances + the time he's taken off, most people would associate him with Harry Potter instead of the other way around, like it should be.

Anyhow, did you ever read the story in which an alternate/grown up version of Tim created his own world - onwhich every fundamental 'law' was his to mold? Uber. There's was another version of Tim that went rogue and turned evil - he ended up killing pretty much everyone, iirc. Uber, indeed.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Galan007
True, but due to his fairly limited amount of appearances + the time he's taken off, most people would associate him with Harry Potter instead of the other way around, like it should be.

Anyhow, did you ever read the story in which an alternate/grown up version of Tim created his own world - onwhich every fundamental 'law' was his to mold? Uber. There's was also another version of Tim that went rogue and turned evil - he ended up killing pretty much everyone, iirc. Uber, indeed.

I think the first one you're referring to is "Life During Wartime," which was a more "adult" Vertigo title. Pretty awesome alternate versions of Zatanna and John Constantine in it. If I remember correctly, it was a version of Tim Hunter that was more or less the Supreme Being in a closed off universe. It was a little confusing for a touch in it, but I remember enjoying it a lot.

Yeah! The second arc you mentioned happened in his "main" volume from Vertigo. I think what happened was Tim Hunter, being the "Opener," unconsciously created new universes, and one of those "other" Tims from other universes realized what was going on, and started hunting down the other Tims, and stealing their powers.

Man, now that I think about it, this is also kind of a spite thread. I don't think I've ever heard another character who was capable of creating hundreds of other universes literally without even realizing he was doing it, and barely even noticing the drop in his overall power.

cloud102
Where did it show him creating hundreds of universes? And when did he appear in the Lucifer series? I read Lucifer before I knew anything about Hunter.

Galan007
I think the first one you're referring to is "Life During Wartime," which was a more "adult" Vertigo title. Pretty awesome alternate versions of Zatanna and John Constantine in it. If I remember correctly, it was a version of Tim Hunter that was more or less the Supreme Being in a closed off universe. It was a little confusing for a touch in it, but I remember enjoying it a lot. Yeah the universe was sealed off, but it never showed him mucking with more than a single world, his world. Still uber.

Yeah! The second arc you mentioned happened in his "main" volume from Vertigo. I think what happened was Tim Hunter, being the "Opener," unconsciously created new universes, and one of those "other" Tims from other universes realized what was going on, and started hunting down the other Tims, and stealing their powers. The version I'm thinking of also killed off all the magical beings as well. All of them.

Uber, I say.

Man, now that I think about it, this is also kind of a spite thread. I don't think I've ever heard another character who was capable of creating hundreds of other universes literally without even realizing he was doing it, and barely even noticing the drop in his overall power. Meh, you know people are still going to say Thanos wins... So is it really spite? stick out tongue

tjcoady
Originally posted by cloud102
Where did it show him creating hundreds of universes? And when did he appear in the Lucifer series? I read Lucifer before I knew anything about Hunter.

If I remember correctly, he appears towards the beginning, at the opening of "Lux," Lucifer's club. John Constantine and that pleasant Indian man who shows up all the time in Vertigo titles (he's been in Sandman- the "Prez" issue- Hellblazer-during Carey's run, fighting the Shadow Threat, as well as during the special about John as a kid- and in Swamp Thing), but who has never really been developed as a character, have a couple of lines, but I think Tim is sitting at a table.

I'm not sure about that though.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos wins

Galan007
thumb up

guy222
cheers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.