Silver surfer vs the Flash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This has probably been done before, but if not: current SS.
The Flash can be either Barry or Wally since there some question to which was faster.

carnage52
flash runs so fast he becomes one with the speed force and ss is still kicking his board off the ground.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whose faster?

Wally would be at the finishing like, before Norrin realizes the "referee" said go.

Barry, I don't know honestly. I personally could believe Norrin being superior.

Mindset
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Whose faster?

Wally would be at the finishing like, before Norrin realizes the "referee" said go.

Barry, I don't know honestly. I personally could believe Norrin being superior. You're not serious are you?

carnage52
Barry was hella fast tho

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
You're not serious are you?

Why wouldn't I be?

Mindset
Why wouldn't I be? Because that doesn't make sense.

Also, this is a fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because that doesn't make sense.

Also, this is a fight.

What doesn't make sense?

I thought it was a race, whatever.....

Mindset
So you think it make sense that in a race to the other side of a Galaxy Flash is going to get there before SS even realizes the race started? facepalm

lawest9
Because that doesn't make sense.

Also, this is a fight. Yes, i'll like to confirm that, you can use racing elements in this thread, but it's still basically a fight to the finish.

Naija boy
Whose faster?

What?

xJLxKing
Flash stills his speed big grin

Wild Shadow
if flash steals his speed SS opens up a wormhole instead to get their . stick out tongue

sides flash as a range limit for that trick

carnage52
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
if flash steals his speed SS opens up a wormhole instead to get their instead. stick out tongue Flash doesn't need to tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you think it make sense that in a race to the other side of a Galaxy Flash is going to get there before SS even realizes the race started? facepalm

You're taking it to the extreme?

Ok, I'll bite....

If Flash uses his ability to run/fly and then uses them in space, it's a valid comment. He doesn't use them but he can use them.

If I remember correctly he has flown before (1), and he has ran in space before without any assistance and from what I saw, no breathing apparatuses(2).

I mean of course, Norrin has the advantage in experience in space, but in a straight race?

Wally would get there first, no matter the distance, as he has shown he has the ability to travel even in space.

The Cosmic Gambler story arc is a good example.

Wally is the definition of primal speed on the ground. Imagine his speed if he flew instead of running.

(1)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_AirSlowerThanFlash.jpg

(2)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_FlashinSpace1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_FlashinSpace2.jpg

Hey, you went there first.

TricksterPriest
Flash has taken the speed from an entire planet. no expression Range limit my ass.

Also, regarding the speed difference? When Surfer outruns Death, come talk to me.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Flash has taken the speed from an entire planet. no expression Range limit my ass.

Also, regarding the speed difference? When Surfer outruns Death, come talk to me. facepalm

Mindset

Ok, I'll bite....

If Flash uses his ability to run/fly and then uses them in space, it's a valid comment. He doesn't use them but he can use them.

If I remember correctly he has flown before (1), and he has ran in space before without any assistance and from what I saw, no breathing apparatuses(2).

I mean of course, Norrin has the advantage in experience in space, but in a straight race?

Wally would get there first, no matter the distance, as he has shown he has the ability to travel even in space.

Wally is the definition of primal speed on the ground. Imagine his speed if he flew instead of running.

(1)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_AirSlowerThanFlash.jpg

(2)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_FlashinSpace1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_FlashinSpace2.jpg

Hey, you went there first. I'm fully aware of what Flash is capable of, you don't seem to be aware of what SS is.

Batman-Prime
Hulk is the strongest one there is, Flash fact

big grin

Naija boy

Ok, I'll bite....

(1)

(2)

Hey, you went there first.

Hows this supposed to prove that flash wins the race before SS comprehends that the race has started?

Wild Shadow
SS is capable of analyzing and reacting in half a nano sec. and already be past light speed. check his respect thread.

Mindset
It doesn't.

D_Dude1210
Surfer travels thru solar systems on a regular basis and can open wormholes to travel great distances in blink of an eye.

As fast as flash is, I haven't seen him travel between solar systems in a blink of an eye.

I don't know, unless I see something impressive about Flash spanning light year distances, I'll have to give this to SS. I'd love to see scans that'll prove me wrong tho.

On short range courses (less than a planet's distance), tho, Flash wins hands down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
if flash steals his speed SS opens up a wormhole instead to get their . stick out tongue

sides flash as a range limit for that trick

Range limit?

What the hell are you talking about?

He stole the speed of the entire planet, including the Superhuman population such as Superman, Jay Garrick etc. while across space and time.

Range limit my ass.

Yea, a wormhole is perfect except Wally can outrun time and space limitations so....

The dude, was able to run through Entropy and the building blocks of creation if I remember correctly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm fully aware of what Flash is capable of, you don't seem to be aware of what SS is.

Wally is fast enough to make Silver Surfer look stupid.

He has the abilities to travel across space. Throw in the fact that he can fly and that must make him that much faster, and he can always steal Silver Surfer's speed etc. how is there any other outcome than Wally winning.

Mindset

He has the abilities to travel across space. Throw in the fact that he can fly and that must make him that much faster, and he can always steal Silver Surfer's speed etc. how is there any other outcome than Wally winning. Stealing speed is not racing, you thinking Wally wins before SS even realized the race has started is stupid, tbh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Surfer travels thru solar systems on a regular basis and can open wormholes to travel great distances in blink of an eye.

As fast as flash is, I haven't seen him travel between solar systems in a blink of an eye.

I don't know, unless I see something impressive about Flash spanning light year distances, I'll have to give this to SS. I'd love to see scans that'll prove me wrong tho.

On short range courses (less than a planet's distance), tho, Flash wins hands down.

Wally doesn't travel in space, but in different instances, he runs across space and time.

The cosmic gambler story line etc. he was covering a race course woven across existence if I recall.

Nestical
the op said nothing of a race.norrin beats his ass

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stealing speed is not racing, you thinking Wally wins before SS even realized the race has started is stupid, tbh.

Ok then...

Wally wins the race before Norrin reaches half way.

Does that make you feel better?

Naija boy

He has the abilities to travel across space. Throw in the fact that he can fly and that must make him that much faster, and he can always steal Silver Surfer's speed etc. how is there any other outcome than Wally winning.

Please what proof is there of this? Name his quantifiable speed feats that show this. Also stealing surfers speed isnt likely to work. Stealing speed has to do with flash taking a beings kinetic energy. SS has control over his bodily energies and further replenishes it by absorbing the universes ambient energy.

Mindset
It wasn't a matter of how I felt, I was pointing out the stupidity of the statement.

Rage.Of.Olympus
SS is capable of analyzing and reacting in half a nano sec. and already be past light speed. check his respect thread.

laughing

Are you comparing that to Wally?

Wally has saved a city of over half a million at basically the same time from the world's point of view, from a Nuke that had already exploded. He was half across the world when it was dropped on it's target in a good deal less time than it took Norrin to react to something if I remember correctly.

Flash searched every single face in a crowd of over half a million, picked out 3 people, and tossed them at Green Lantern's incoming attack (He was faster than light there) in less than a pico second.

Norrin should be able to react faster han that by the way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Please what proof is there of this? Name his quantifiable speed feats that show this. Also stealing surfers speed isnt likely to work. Stealing speed has to do with flash taking a beings kinetic energy. SS has control over his bodily energies and further replenishes it by absorbing the universes ambient energy.

What do you mean quantifiable feats?

He has plenty.

He doesn't cover the Universe, or Solar System's etc. regularly like Norrin but if you enough attention you can tell that he easily can if need be.

The dude, ran and was winning against a being from a species that was "naturally" faster than light (If I recall the finer details) and had the entire speed of his entire race augmenting his own, his entire race of faster than light beings. An entire planet full I believe.

He outran death, and was running past entropy, and the building blocks of creation.

He ran across a race track woven across all of existence etc. etc.

I am not calling Norrin slow.

Hardly, I would always argue for Norrin if anyone underestimates him but he is simply out classed here.

A better match would be, is who is faster between Clark and Norrin in my opinion.

Oh, and Wally stealing speed is not purely kinetic. From what I understand, it also has something to do with a beings connection to the Speed Force and how he can affect it, or am I recalling it wrong?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It wasn't a matter of how I felt, I was pointing out the stupidity of the statement.

Wally is simply that fast.

cool

xJLxKing
Can't Flash steal his speed? Why can't people just accept that?

Mindset
Except he isn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why not?

I don't believe it's only kinetic based etc.

If he can do it to an entire planet full of meta humans and humans, all moving at their fastest (The entire world running and meta humans like the energy Superman, Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, Bart etc. running across the planet at his greatest), it shouldn't be so hard to accept.

Silent Guardian
Tie is Wally plays it smart.

This is a dumb thread, both fighters abilities are absurd. The flash should not get touched, but I don't see him hurting the silver surfer. Still I'm sure we've all read some PIS where Wally has gotten struck by some attack before, or taken out.

So I will be safe and say stalemate

xJLxKing
Except he isn't.
Why not? Can't you just for once post something that makes a user go lke smile , rather then confused

Naija boy
What do you mean quantifiable feats?

He has plenty.

He doesn't cover the Universe, or Solar System's etc. regularly like Norrin but if you enough attention you can tell that he easily can if need be.

The dude, ran and was winning against a being from a species that was "naturally" faster than light (If I recall the finer details) and had the entire speed of his entire race augmenting his own, his entire race of faster than light beings. An entire planet full I believe.

He outran death, and was running past entropy, and the building blocks of creation.

He ran across a race track woven across all of existence etc. etc.

I am not calling Norrin slow.

Hardly, I would always argue for Norrin if anyone underestimates him but he is simply out classed here.

A better match would be, is who is faster between Clark and Norrin in my opinion.

He outran a species of creatures naturally faster than light? What can we infer from that? That he is faster than light? Hardly useful considering norrin is billions of times faster than light.

He outran death? Do u mean that black racer incident? that is entirely unquantifiable as we reallhy have no idea of how fast he was going.

Running across a race track woven across all existence tells us the length of the race track. How long did it take him to run across it? If we dont have at least some idea of the time frame it is hardly a useful example. also id like to see this instance u are referring to. what comic did it happen in?

Norrin himself is billions of times faster than light so saying he is outclassed by flash in a race is just a joke

Mindset
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Why not? Can't you just for once post something that makes a user go lke smile , rather then confused Or they could just know what they are talking about instead of me having to tell them.

Wild Shadow
SS has searched the entire planet before doc and hulk could finish saying it could take a while. should also point out my earlier statement i said that SS has reacted/analyzed in a half a nano sec when it was actually before a nano sec could pass also another one SS has reacted/analyzed in a micro sec.

surfer has also warped space by shear speed and has used his speed to time travel and break down realities barriers.

if this is a race or fight it needs to be better specified.

The Great Galen
Flash

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Flash

Whenever I debated with you, I always thought to myself, this guy knew his comics.

With that statement you proved me write.

eek!

Sorry, I had very little sleep yesterday lol.

Badabing
Whenever I debated with you, I always thought to myself, this guy knew his comics.

With that statement you proved me write.

eek!

Sorry, I had very little sleep yesterday lol. dur

Rage.Of.Olympus
SS has surged the entire planet before doc and hulk could finish saying it could take a while. should also point out my earlier statement i said that SS has reacted/analyzed in a half a nano sec when it was actually before a nano sec could pass also another one SS has reacted/analyzed in a micro sec.

surfer has also warped space by shear speed and has used his speed to time travel and break down realities barriers.

if this is a race or fight it needs to be better specified.

Silver Surfer uses the Power Cosmic to time travel if I remember correctly, and he doesn't overcome time itself through sheer speed alone.

I believe I'm correct, but if I am recalling it wrong, feel free....

So?

Reacting in half a nano second is great, but Flash has traveled faster than light, searched a crowd of over half a million people multiple times in a pico second.

When did Norrin break down the barriers that hold down reality by sheer speed?

This I would like to see.

Oh, by the way, if you want to start comparing feats of speed, Norrin will be the one with the short end of the stick in this fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Badabing
dur

crazy

carnage52
SS has searched the entire planet before doc and hulk could finish saying it could take a while. should also point out my earlier statement i said that SS has reacted/analyzed in a half a nano sec when it was actually before a nano sec could pass also another one SS has reacted/analyzed in a micro sec.

if this is a race or fight it needs to be better specified. Dude,stop using that ghey image.

Wild Shadow
Silver Surfer uses the Power Cosmic to time travel if I remember correctly, and he doesn't overcome time itself through sheer speed alone.

So?

Reacting in half a nano second is great, but Flash has traveled faster than light, searched a crowd of over half a million people multiple times in a pico second.

Oh, by the way, if you want to start comparing feats of speed, Norrin will be the one with the short end of the stick in this fight.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=368502&pagenumber=5

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is both a race and a fight I believe from what the thread user said on the first and second pages.

Mindset
This is both a race and a fight I believe from what the thread user said on the first and second pages. It's a fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=368502&pagenumber=5

What the hell is this?

What am I going to do at his respect thread?

I already own all the Silver Surfer issues published.

Naija boy

So?

Against Durok surfer time travelled using pure speed as well as warp the very fabric of reality itself.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2946/thor19327zt8.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9743/thor19328hv7.jpg

Here he does so again

Batman-Prime

Rage.Of.Olympus
Against Durok surfer time travelled using pure speed as well as warp the very fabric of reality itself.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9743/thor19328hv7.jpg

Here he does so again

eek!

laughing

He pulled a Pre-Crisis Superman, lol.

I can't believe I forgot about that.

Ok, he traveled through time through time. Thank you for the scans.

He didn't rip the fabric of reality itself, he traveled through time and space which is impressive, but he didn't break down the barriers of reality themselves etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's a fight

We are allowed to include racing elements here.

Mindset
We are allowed to include racing elements here. Which doesn't change that it's a fight...

Naija boy
eek!

laughing

He pulled a Pre-Crisis Superman, lol.

I can't believe I forgot about that.

Ok, he traveled through time through time. Thank you for the scans.

He didn't rip the fabric of reality itself, he traveled through time and space which is impressive, but he didn't break down the barriers of reality themselves etc.

Actually he did rip the very fabric of "Ether and space"

Oh and i made a mistake i meant to post this scan where

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7020/ssenslavers06vb5.jpg

He transwarps dimensional space and twists the very fabric of living matter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's basically teleportation based on the dialogue. He twists the fabric of living matter, and uses the Power Cosmic and his speed, to emerge over vast distances, like teleportation.

He entered one side, and emerged across the Universe on the other side.

I believe has done so through the micro universe or was it hyper space?

He ripped the fabric of space and ether.

I'm no scientist but isn't that like basically saying that he bent the laws of physics etc. etc. and traversed time.

Naija boy
That's basically teleportation based on the dialogue. He twists the fabric of living matter, and uses the Power Cosmic, to emerge over vast distances, like teleportation.

Actually it specifically mentions that he uses his "Cosmic SPEED" to twist the fabric of living matter. His speed is being described not some external thing AND his speed. So theres no teleportation anywhere.

Also i highly doubt that a person can rip the fabric of space and ether in real life so explaining it in realword terms will be quite difficult. However the dialogue makes it very clear that he DID break down the fabric of space using purely his speed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Actually it specifically mentions that he uses his "Cosmic SPEED" to twist the fabric of living matter. No teleportation anywhere.

Read the rest of the dialogue.

It's basically saying he used his speed to fly into, a white hole at one end, and emerged through a parallel black hole.

It's all right there.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Either way, let's finish up this lovely discussion tomorrow....

I gotta go for now.

Good Night KMC Boards.

durpot

Mindset
Don't run away

Naija boy
Read the rest of the dialogue.

It's basically saying he used his speed to fly into, a white hole at one end, and emerged through a parallel black hole.

It's all right there.

Ur description of him simply flying into a whitehole and emerging thru a blackhole, leaves out the part here which we are concerned with: Him twisting the fabric of living matter with his speed. At base simply saying he flew into a whiteholeand came out thru a blackhole is only partly correct because it was also included that he twisted the fabric of living matter with his speed which therefore must have played a part in the feat.

carnage52
Don't run away or he'll just die tired.

The Great Galen
Remember runner vs SS....copy and paste here.

psycho gundam
Remember runner vs SS....copy and paste here. the runner also used cosmic blasts to defeat the surfer, add to the fact that the runner is pretty much indestructible.

The Great Galen
SS can just "speedforece armbar"SS ftw though.

Mindset
SS can just "speedforece armbar"SS ftw though. confused

xJLxKing
It's weird how people just ignore the fact that SS speed is useless since Flash will just steal it. Too bad indeed.

I'm Bran
SS can just "speedforece armbar"SS ftw though. How many times have you been warned for bringing that up?

Mindset
Originally posted by I'm Bran
How many times have you been warned for bringing that up? He has never brought up SS armbarring himself. smile

I'm Bran
He has never brought up SS armbarring himself. smile He hasn't, but he's saying SS would win because he's doing the same thing BP did to him... armbar. I don't know what his point was, but he's been constantly told not to bring that instance up.

Mindset
I assume he meant Flash would armbar SS, I was just joking.

I'm Bran
I assume he meant Flash would armbar SS, I was just joking. You were joking, but he said that SS would armbar himself... and win by doing that... or something.

Wild Shadow
flash can steal surfers speed wont stop surfer from using an energy blast from his eyes or any other part of his body.

Captain REX
I don't even know what it is Galen is talking about since that wasn't even a coherent sentence. Why is that he was reported?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't even know what it is Galen is talking about since that wasn't even a coherent sentence. Why is that he was reported?

Relax I wasn't trying to be a jerk or something, personally I think Wally can just steal SS speed so I don't think he would even need to resort to a armbar.

xJLxKing
flash can steal surfers speed wont stop surfer from using an energy blast from his eyes or any other part of his body.
How is that energy going to hit Flash when he can become too fast to be hit

Wild Shadow
cause it will catch him by surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

SS is no slouch when it comes to omni destructive energy waves that can destroy a solar system.

confused

Badabing
SS can just "speedforece armbar"SS ftw though. durlaugh

SoulDevourer
spite thread. someone hates the flash

xJLxKing
cause it will catch him by surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

SS is no slouch when it comes to omni destructive energy waves that can destroy a solar system.

confused
He can't get hit.

lawest9
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
spite thread. someone hates the flash I don't know, if wally can get BP to teach him that armbar, wally can superspeed it on SS and win this fight.

Wild Shadow
He can't get hit.

it seems to accur alot in his comics.

xJLxKing
it seems to accur alot in his comics.
PIS

Wild Shadow
so is running in space without any traction but hasnt stopped ppl from using it in this thread.

how was that explained anyways? was that a one time feat for the story line or is it a constant showing?

confused

xJLxKing
so is running in space without any traction but hasnt stopped ppl from using it in this thread.

how was that explained anyways? was that a one time feat for the story line or is it a constant showing?

confused
What are you talking about? i am confused

Slaanesh
SS FTW..he's just way more powerful..

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Slaanesh
SS FTW..he's just way more powerful..
What is he going to do when he has no speed. He will be stuck in one place; unable to move

Slaanesh
What is he going to do when he has no speed. He will be stuck in one place; unable to move

pft..his PC can do nearly anything..he will make himself move again..flash can't KO him..

xJLxKing
Flash will keep stealing his speed. And no PC cant do nearly everything. He is a statue. He wont move. You dont have to KO to win

TricksterPriest
I personally doubt SS can reverse Wally stealing his speed. Flash is a kinetic god. That expression gets tossed around, but think about it for a second.

It would take someone skyfather level to overcome Flash's kinetic control, IMO. Surfer has vast versatility, but Flash's kinetic powers are THE top in comics.

Flash is being lowballed. And Surfer's speed feats cannot put him over Flash for one simple reason. He has limits. Flash does NOT.

Slaanesh
i don't see stealing speed would work on SS..with all the thing he is capable of..getting defeated because he got his speed taken from him..come on..

Wild Shadow
yeah, i am sure a kinetic god can keep from having his molecules transmuted to mud.. or being incinerated or drawing up all his energy.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Great Galen
yeah, i am sure a kinetic god can keep from having his molecules transmuted to mud.. or being incinerated or drawing up all his energy.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah since SS did so well agaisnt Runner, if only SS has some level of speed during combat....and hey if Wally gets the armbar on its game over.

horrorwolf
Surfer.

Slaanesh
hey..if it isn't galen and the armbar...again..

The Great Galen
I'm just stating it for how it is, when has SS ever displayed fast movment that didn't invovle his board. Seriously Flash could easily make his way toward SS and when he gets in close what can SS do....has he ever showed speedster speed?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't see stealing speed would work on SS..with all the thing he is capable of..getting defeated because he got his speed taken from him..come on..
It's a lame way of defeating someone, but if you can't hurt, or kill him, then freeze him big grin

kgkg
Surfer steals Flash's speed than turn him into gas

Draco69
Wait, is this a race or a fight?

In race, it really depends on the distance.

Flash is 'faster' than Surfer. Flash has absolutely no limit when it comes to speed. Flash can be as fast as Flash wants to be.

However, Surfer is 'faster' from the get-go because he has displayed 'faster' acceleration.

So, if say they were to race from the Earth to Pluto, Surfer would likely win because Flash needs about a picosecond to accelerate.

Unless, Flash cheats and states the Speed Formula. Than Surfer would definitely lose.

Mindset
Originally posted by Draco69

Flash can be as fast as Flash wants to be.

But apparently not as fast as Zoom.

iceman24567
But apparently not as fast as Zoom. thumb up Agreed but Zoom would spank Surfer laughing

I'm Bran
It would take someone skyfather level to overcome Flash's kinetic control, IMO. Why would a Skyfather be able to do anything about Flash stealing their speed?
Flash is a kinetic god. Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He has limits. Flash does NOT.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by kgkg
Surfer steals Flash's speed than turn him into gas What the f**k?

What next? SS can destroy the cosmos? no wait, he can absorb it?

Seriously people overestimate SS.

kgkg
What the f**k? Whats wrong with that?

kgkg
What the f**k?

Seriously people overestimate SS. Am not claiming SS can destroy the cosmos big grin

now tell me what was wrong with that statement smile

carver9
What the f**k?

Seriously people overestimate SS.

He could possibly do that, hell the guy did absorb an entire sun in his weakest form.

skygunner41
Originally posted by carver9
He could possibly do that, hell the guy did absorb an entire sun in his weakest form.

are you sure he absorb entire sun?

Badabing
He could possibly do that, hell the guy did absorb an entire sun in his weakest form. dur

xJLxKing
Yeah, I am sure that he can absorb the universe. Sure!
On the side note he did not absorb the entire sun.

xJLxKing
Am not claiming SS can destroy the cosmos big grin

now tell me what was wrong with that statement smile
Well, I am no expert when it comes to Marvel, but I do look at the respect thread for marvel character. I look at SS, but I never seen him steal speed for a speedster that can steal much faster then him. You get it? That's just me opinion but whatever.

carver9
Yeah, I am sure that he can absorb the universe. Sure!
On the side note he did not absorb the entire sun.

I was just playing nut, but he did absorb the sun though.

xJLxKing
I was just playing nut, but he did absorb the sun though.
Check again! HE also wasn't at his weakest.

kgkg
Well, I am no expert when it comes to Marvel, but I do look at the respect thread for marvel character. I look at SS, but I never seen him steal speed for a speedster that can steal much faster then him. You get it? That's just me opinion but whatever. Flash absorb Kinetic Energy to absorb speed I don't see why SS couldn't do it since he is able to absorb pretty much any type of energy.

I just put that out there because people were saying Flash absorb Surfer speed - I just reverse that

big grin

carver9
Check again! HE also wasn't at his weakest.

I could have sworn that that happened during the time he went against galactus and galactus didnt allow him access to the full power cosmic anymore. confused

And he was at his weakest because he aint even close to the power that he's at now.

xJLxKing
Flash absorb Kinetic Energy to absorb speed I don't see why SS couldn't do it since he is able to absorb pretty much any type of energy.

I just put that out there because people were saying Flash absorb Surfer speed - I just reverse that

big grin
What was he shown to steal speed. At what rate. I know it's not instant! Flash's is!

janus77
SS FTW, this'd be a very quick fight. first nanosecond that Surfer connects with a punch or a blast, Flash is finished.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by janus77
SS FTW, this'd be a very quick fight. first nanosecond that Surfer connects with a punch or a blast, Flash is finished.

pretty much. While sheer speed might be debatable (no one really knows how fast the top speed of either opponent is) strength, durability, and versatility of powers is a lopsided advantage in favor of the SS.

"stealing surfer's speed" is also REALLY questionable in terms of working- the wendell Vaughn quasar absorbed an entire star's output of energy from surfer during their fight. Surfer didn't even notice.

Flash can't attempt to steal THAT much energy without exploding in the process.

Keep in mind surfer also has much better defensive capabilities. Classic versions of the SS took shots to the face from Savage hulk without blinking, and flew through suns for fun. the current version is a LOT more powerful.

What is flash going to do against a fully powered submicroscopic version of the SS wrecking him with omnidirectional blasts from the INSIDE of his body, or turning his flesh into bricks via matter manipulation? Flash still needs to breathe. What happens when the oxygen in the air is suddenly transformed into fire, acid, or worse?

This fight goes to surfer more often than not. A race is another matter though. totally up in the air.

Ambient
It's weird how people just ignore the fact that SS speed is useless since Flash will just steal it. Too bad indeed.
Surfer depowers Flash by using the power cosmic to force the speedforce back to where it belongs....

Surfer FTW by virtue of depowerement.. eek!

Must one belong to teh dhurr club to post teh dhurr smilie?

This post need to be dhurr'ed and the quote above as well, heck might as well do all the similarly alike yet retarded post... Forgive the word "retarded", even thought i felt inclined to type it, it is needed... yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.